Question about comic for May 25, 2019 (Lesson One)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

Question about comic for May 25, 2019 (Lesson One)

#1 Post by Tornir »

Does anyone know what font is used on the slave collar in panel two, and is it used anywhere else in the comic?
(It doesn't appear to match the one used on her old/broken cuff, or the cuff forced on Kathrin.)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Question about comic for May 25, 2019 (Lesson One)

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I'll claim "Creative License" and just say they're Mekkan's form of 'ancient scripture' or magic runes or something. Remember Natani's quote Here, referencing "runes". I think that might be related.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3 Post by AmigaDragon »

To me those runes in your first link look a bit oriental but they could be totally made up by Tom. Natani recognized that the shackle had runes but remember she's illiterate (which I say includes magic runes, not just current spoken languages of Mekkan).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4 Post by Technic[Bot] »

.Well I am pretty sure they were made up by Tom. Would have been a nice details if runes had kept consistent in the comic but you can't have everything.

That being said The first one you mention was enchanted by Trace himself while Raine shackle was enchanted by Mary to keep her from morphing and the last one seems like a generic model. So it makes some sense the runes vary so much.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#5 Post by Tornir »

I figured out what the script on theTrace-enchanted collar broken by Raine said, but I couldn't find any previous mention of it.
The forum mentions the "Wizardspeak" font being used in places, but it definitely isn't that on the collar.
So, I was hoping you guys might remember if it'd been used elsewhere so I can see if I can work out what it says there too.