The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for July 7, 2021: Eric To The Rescue

#31 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:48 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: I have always considered Kat origin to be a bit inconsistent at best. Both in comic and on he Ref sheet it is said she was bought by Eric, and that the only reason he was allowd to buy him was because she is infertile. Yet at the very beginning Eric said he bought him from Roderick and then at the end of the boat incident Eric says she was born into his family.
I mean at the end of the day it can go simply as: She was born into the family, then Rodrerick inherited her and once he realized she could not be bred sold her to Eric. Yet seems like a really roundabout and complicated story. It also implies Eric family do not only trade slaves but also actively breeds sex slaves...
I would assume her story goes something like, "was bred to be a sex slave, was given to Roderick as a birthday present at some very early age, was bought by Eric later on". That was my interpretation, based on what we've seen and heard so far.

And yeah, I wouldn't put it past a family of slave traders to breed slaves to be sold for a specific purpose, especially one as lucrative as the sex trade. It's a long term investment, to be sure, but not one slave traders would hesitate to make.
You know we know very little little about this in particular. We know this is a thing but we do not know if it is common, like do people usually use their Keidran servants for that too? I imagine given the openly hostlie and racist attitude towards Keidran makes it quite tabu. Are specifically breed slaves like Kat common or something only rich aristocrats are interested in? Or are they just exported to Keidran lands? Seems like a rather important wordl building detail which, perhaps for the best, has not been elaborated upon.
Kyrit wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:30 pm Anyone else wondering where Kat's hairband vanished to in the last panel?

More in line with current discussion;
Reni has nothing to do with Clovis being at the estate. He and his men didn't seem to be expecting a dragon back at the festival. In fact, I'd say he was quite upset that he hadn't been told about her. But he already got what he came to town for; the amulet. Zen and Nat could have been a lovely bonus, but even then the only reason he really came to the estate was to handle Brutus. If it had just been Zen or Nat he probably would've just waited for an easier chance to get his hands on them, but his feelings for Brutus and the risks he was willing to take for him could not be risked any longer.

That said, Reni's definitely a target now that she's made herself one. Not part of the original goal, but she's in his way and he's got a new anti-dragon toy.
Yes exactly this is not business this was a personal job and as such Clovis did not think this through. Moreover he is power tripping on his magic gem making even worse decisions. He could have secured Brutus via other means and dispose him privately later without exposing himself or his men as much.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#32 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:50 pmYou know we know very little little about this in particular. We know this is a thing but we do not know if it is common, like do people usually use their Keidran servants for that too? I imagine given the openly hostlie and racist attitude towards Keidran makes it quite tabu. Are specifically breed slaves like Kat common or something only rich aristocrats are interested in? Or are they just exported to Keidran lands? Seems like a rather important wordl building detail which, perhaps for the best, has not been elaborated upon.
The thing I always recall when it comes to this are Kat's comments back in comic 742. She doesn't say anything *directly* about that, but there's an interesting statement she makes. "I don't look this way by accident, you know. I was bred this way... I know what expectations people have of me." In other words, while we don't know *exactly* how common purpose-bred keidran sex slaves are, they're common *enough* that people can recognize Kat's breeding and judge her as a sex slave just based on her appearance. In a world without mass media, that suggests that purpose bred sex slaves are at least common enough that many people have seen one at least once, so even if they're taboo they can't be *that* much so.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33 Post by Bellhead »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:07 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:50 pmYou know we know very little little about this in particular. We know this is a thing but we do not know if it is common, like do people usually use their Keidran servants for that too? I imagine given the openly hostlie and racist attitude towards Keidran makes it quite tabu. Are specifically breed slaves like Kat common or something only rich aristocrats are interested in? Or are they just exported to Keidran lands? Seems like a rather important wordl building detail which, perhaps for the best, has not been elaborated upon.
The thing I always recall when it comes to this are Kat's comments back in comic 742. She doesn't say anything *directly* about that, but there's an interesting statement she makes. "I don't look this way by accident, you know. I was bred this way... I know what expectations people have of me." In other words, while we don't know *exactly* how common purpose-bred keidran sex slaves are, they're common *enough* that people can recognize Kat's breeding and judge her as a sex slave just based on her appearance. In a world without mass media, that suggests that purpose bred sex slaves are at least common enough that many people have seen one at least once, so even if they're taboo they can't be *that* much so.
That, or they're so taboo that everyone knows about it before they've seen one. Rumors travel fast and wide, especially when the subject of said rumor is only spoken of, and rarely seen. I could definitely see parents telling young children to stay away from half-canine-half-feline keidran because of "indecent behavior" or some such. Do that over enough years to enough people, and suddenly most of the population is biased against something they've never had contact with.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#34 Post by MuonNeutrino »

It's not half-canine half-feline keidran specifically, though. Kat was bred from a canine and a feline line, and according to her dialog in that same comic (the bit I left out for space heh), not only was *she* bred as a sex slave, but so were her parents going back at least a few generations on each side. Moreover, it sounds like the mixed breed lines are *disfavored* due to the infertility issue, so if anything her being mixed breed would be an *impediment* for people recognizing her as a sex slave. Rumors certainly would run far, but it's not just that people judge Kat when they find out she was bred as a sex slave, they're able to *recognize* that she's a sex slave simply based on her appearance, and it's not something as distinctive as just her being mixed breed. I can totally see prejudice and taboo and rumors being wide spread, but they've still gotta be not *that* uncommon if people can recognize one simply by looks when breed isn't the distinguishing factor.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#35 Post by Technic[Bot] »

You do bring up a very interesting point, Romus... Err.. Remus? Whoever also recognized that Someone put a lot work into Kat, to the point it is obvious just by her looks . Is it that evident?
I mean Kat looks nice and all but I could not single her upbringing of out of the rest of the cast. Yet we probably can't tell the comic style probably obscures that and we only now Kat and her friends hardly a representative sample of the average Keidran look. On the other hand both the Roman twin and other people that met Kat before, likely Eric family, colleages and friends, have a much more in depth knowledge about the subject than the average Mekkanite.
Bellhead wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:01 am
That, or they're so taboo that everyone knows about it before they've seen one. Rumors travel fast and wide, especially when the subject of said rumor is only spoken of, and rarely seen. I could definitely see parents telling young children to stay away from half-canine-half-feline keidran because of "indecent behavior" or some such. Do that over enough years to enough people, and suddenly most of the population is biased against something they've never had contact with.
For what I understand Kat herself is even and oddity. Mixes are not common as are sterile which incidentally is reason Kat original owners decided to sell her. This implies that people on this line of business do not usually sell them but make money by... I dunno and I am not sure I want to theorize about that. In any case this also suggest most Keidren breed for this are not mixed either. But at the end of the day it can be just bias as you mention people there are pretty mean stereotypes about real people with cosmetic surgery and who dress, a bit on the skimpy side. So I understand any suspiciously good looking slave Keidran would be automatically considered as sex slaves by the general population
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: I have always considered Kat origin to be a bit inconsistent at best. Both in comic and on he Ref sheet it is said she was bought by Eric, and that the only reason he was allowd to buy him was because she is infertile. Yet at the very beginning Eric said he bought him from Roderick and then at the end of the boat incident Eric says she was born into his family.
I mean at the end of the day it can go simply as: She was born into the family, then Rodrerick inherited her and once he realized she could not be bred sold her to Eric. Yet seems like a really roundabout and complicated story. It also implies Eric family do not only trade slaves but also actively breeds sex slaves...
I would assume her story goes something like, "was bred to be a sex slave, was given to Roderick as a birthday present at some very early age, was bought by Eric later on". That was my interpretation, based on what we've seen and heard so far.

And yeah, I wouldn't put it past a family of slave traders to breed slaves to be sold for a specific purpose, especially one as lucrative as the sex trade. It's a long term investment, to be sure, but not one slave traders would hesitate to make.
Roderick is Eric's family, who he bought her from when they were all three young. The only way that makes sense is if either Eric's family is doting (Roderick did not seem fond of Eric) or if they breed sex slaves. Only a human who breeds keidran sex slaves values if Kat can produce offspring or not. Keidran slavers primarily or maybe exclusively sell to humans. Human slavers probably exclusively sell to humans. I don't think I need to spell this out more.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#37 Post by Eclipse »

Kyrit wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:30 pm Anyone else wondering where Kat's hairband vanished to in the last panel?

Reni has nothing to do with Clovis being at the estate. He and his men didn't seem to be expecting a dragon back at the festival. In fact, I'd say he was quite upset that he hadn't been told about her. But he already got what he came to town for; the amulet. Zen and Nat could have been a lovely bonus, but even then the only reason he really came to the estate was to handle Brutus. If it had just been Zen or Nat he probably would've just waited for an easier chance to get his hands on them, but his feelings for Brutus and the risks he was willing to take for him could not be risked any longer.

That said, Reni's definitely a target now that she's made herself one. Not part of the original goal, but she's in his way and he's got a new anti-dragon toy.
Actually it wasn't just for Brutus. As soon as he broke in, he ordered Romulus to find Zen. He might not have arrived in Edenmire for Zen, he probably didn't forsee that Zen and Natani would be there too. But at some point he must have found out, and by the time he arrived, he knew right away to go find Zen.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:37 am It's not half-canine half-feline keidran specifically, though. Kat was bred from a canine and a feline line, and according to her dialog in that same comic (the bit I left out for space heh), not only was *she* bred as a sex slave, but so were her parents going back at least a few generations on each side. Moreover, it sounds like the mixed breed lines are *disfavored* due to the infertility issue, so if anything her being mixed breed would be an *impediment* for people recognizing her as a sex slave. Rumors certainly would run far, but it's not just that people judge Kat when they find out she was bred as a sex slave, they're able to *recognize* that she's a sex slave simply based on her appearance, and it's not something as distinctive as just her being mixed breed. I can totally see prejudice and taboo and rumors being wide spread, but they've still gotta be not *that* uncommon if people can recognize one simply by looks when breed isn't the distinguishing factor.
Kat's infertility might not actually be a disadvantage depending on the purpose. In fact, that might be a feature. If she's just meant to be a "plaything" (and I'm using that term to be polite) for humans and other Keidran it doesn't really matter, and they probably wouldn't want her to get pregnant (which would only be a consideration if it was another Keidran, but since humans haven't been able to impregnate Keidran until Neutral changed the rules, whether or not she can is irrelevant for the human side of things). If she's intended for breeding other Keidran, then yeah, she wouldn't be as valuable for that purpose. But seeing as her genetic condition is intentional, the former seems more likely.

I'm very interested in how Eric ended up buying Kat. Eric mentions "he bought her fair and square" which is interesting, as it implies that Roderick doesn't believe that. If Kat was intended to be a sex slave to humans, I can't imagine that Roderick would be happy to give her up, and it doesn't seem like he is. Did Eric trick him in some way? Not sure we'll ever get an answer to that, but it is an interesting question.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#38 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Kat's infertility might not actually be a disadvantage depending on the purpose. In fact, that might be a feature. If she's just meant to be a "plaything" (and I'm using that term to be polite) for humans and other Keidran it doesn't really matter, and they probably wouldn't want her to get pregnant (which would only be a consideration if it was another Keidran, but since humans haven't been able to impregnate Keidran until Neutral changed the rules, whether or not she can is irrelevant for the human side of things). If she's intended for breeding other Keidran, then yeah, she wouldn't be as valuable for that purpose. But seeing as her genetic condition is intentional, the former seems more likely.

I'm very interested in how Eric ended up buying Kat. Eric mentions "he bought her fair and square" which is interesting, as it implies that Roderick doesn't believe that. If Kat was intended to be a sex slave to humans, I can't imagine that Roderick would be happy to give her up, and it doesn't seem like he is. Did Eric trick him in some way? Not sure we'll ever get an answer to that, but it is an interesting question.
[/quote]

I agree that Kat's infertility would not be a disadvantage if she was going to be a sex slave for humans and/or keidrans as an unwanted or surprise pregnancy would take a sex slave out of commission for a few months or years. Also, it's a safe bet that the Templar AND humans know that humans and keidran can successfully mate and produce young (Raine is one known successful breeding as is Trace and Flora's unborn child.)

The thing that I find concerning is when, not if, the Templar discover that Flora is pregnant with Trace's child, they are going to everything possible to take out Flora, Trace and the unborn child, knowing that the child will be Trace's legacy and heir and uniting all species together.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#39 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:33 am

Roderick is Eric's family, who he bought her from when they were all three young. The only way that makes sense is if either Eric's family is doting (Roderick did not seem fond of Eric) or if they breed sex slaves. Only a human who breeds keidran sex slaves values if Kat can produce offspring or not. Keidran slavers primarily or maybe exclusively sell to humans. Human slavers probably exclusively sell to humans. I don't think I need to spell this out more.
Now that you mentioned, do we know for how long ago was Kat bought by Eric? I have in my mind this idea that it was 5 years ago, but i do not think this was ever mentioned in comic. As I mentioned before the the idea that makes most sense would be: Bought by Erics parents, inherited to Roderick at some point, bought by Eric eventually.
Eclipse wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:36 am

Actually it wasn't just for Brutus. As soon as he broke in, he ordered Romulus to find Zen. He might not have arrived in Edenmire for Zen, he probably didn't forsee that Zen and Natani would be there too. But at some point he must have found out, and by the time he arrived, he knew right away to go find Zen.
Yes indeed Zen seems to be more like a happy bonus for Clovis not his main interest, he also seems to be unware Nat is also there.
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:37 am It's not half-canine half-feline keidran specifically, though. Kat was bred from a canine and a feline line, and according to her dialog in that same comic (the bit I left out for space heh), not only was *she* bred as a sex slave, but so were her parents going back at least a few generations on each side. Moreover, it sounds like the mixed breed lines are *disfavored* due to the infertility issue, so if anything her being mixed breed would be an *impediment* for people recognizing her as a sex slave. Rumors certainly would run far, but it's not just that people judge Kat when they find out she was bred as a sex slave, they're able to *recognize* that she's a sex slave simply based on her appearance, and it's not something as distinctive as just her being mixed breed. I can totally see prejudice and taboo and rumors being wide spread, but they've still gotta be not *that* uncommon if people can recognize one simply by looks when breed isn't the distinguishing factor.

Kat dialogue does imply her ancestry is intentional. Though it does not make much sense. If you make some money by breeding them It makes little economic sense to purposely make and infertile specimen. I was under the impression that her conception was more a off-the record affair between her parents not something her owners actually wanted hence with they promptly sold her. That being said i do not think this idea is supported by anything in comic or in extended material.

As it turn out I am also interested in the details of how Kat ended up where she is now. I was also of the idea Roderick never sold her entirely out of his own will but that he believes he had no choice but to let her go. And for what little intereaction we got of these three seems Roderick did not see her as a person at all, did not even called her by her name, for him she was a servant at best and a thing at worst. But he also does not say anything that implies he saw anything sexual in Kat and I am not sure he planned to use her for that.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#40 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:23 pmAs it turn out I am also interested in the details of how Kat ended up where she is now. I was also of the idea Roderick never sold her entirely out of his own will but that he believes he had no choice but to let her go. And for what little intereaction we got of these three seems Roderick did not see her as a person at all, did not even called her by her name, for him she was a servant at best and a thing at worst. But he also does not say anything that implies he saw anything sexual in Kat and I am not sure he planned to use her for that.
My personal take on Roderick is that of the entitled older bro; the sort of person who'd sell you his old truck, then turn up with a spare key whenever he wanted to haul something, and just give you a wave as he drove off unless you could get out there , stand in front of it, and order him out.
Hence Eric's "I told you not to boss her around anymore. I bought her from you fair and square. And don’t call her “Spots”. Her name is Kathrin." statement is an objection to Roderick treating her as if he's still her owner. He's a dick, who accepts and tacitly supports the Mekkan Human status quo regarding the attitude to, and treatment of Keidran, because that's just the way things are.

Look at the scene where Kat openly defies him. He's the Mekkan equivalent of a cop; if he bore Eric any ill will over her acquisition, he could, at worst, arrest Eric and seize Kat, at the very least, place a control spell on her himself. Instead, he tells Eric not to get caught by other Templar, and expresses his grudging admiration for Kat's actions.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#41 Post by Eclipse »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:08 pm I agree that Kat's infertility would not be a disadvantage if she was going to be a sex slave for humans and/or keidrans as an unwanted or surprise pregnancy would take a sex slave out of commission for a few months or years. Also, it's a safe bet that the Templar AND humans know that humans and keidran can successfully mate and produce young (Raine is one known successful breeding as is Trace and Flora's unborn child.)
Actually no, as far as humans and Templar know right now, children between humans and Keidran is not possible right now. Raine's birth was a result of Euchre's Perfect Transformation, and Trace and Flora's is a result of Neutral allowing it. Even if they discovered any pregnancies between human/Keidran partners, they probably wouldn't actually believe it's true until the babies are born. We saw Sythe didn't even consider Trace was the father and thought Natani was.
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:08 pm
The thing that I find concerning is when, not if, the Templar discover that Flora is pregnant with Trace's child, they are going to everything possible to take out Flora, Trace and the unborn child, knowing that the child will be Trace's legacy and heir and uniting all species together.
This much is true, Trace's family is going to have a huge target on their backs once everything is out in the open as the Templar don't want humans and Keidran to unite agains them.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:23 pm

Kat dialogue does imply her ancestry is intentional. Though it does not make much sense. If you make some money by breeding them It makes little economic sense to purposely make and infertile specimen. I was under the impression that her conception was more a off-the record affair between her parents not something her owners actually wanted hence with they promptly sold her. That being said i do not think this idea is supported by anything in comic or in extended material.

As it turn out I am also interested in the details of how Kat ended up where she is now. I was also of the idea Roderick never sold her entirely out of his own will but that he believes he had no choice but to let her go. And for what little intereaction we got of these three seems Roderick did not see her as a person at all, did not even called her by her name, for him she was a servant at best and a thing at worst. But he also does not say anything that implies he saw anything sexual in Kat and I am not sure he planned to use her for that.
No, it doesn't sound like Kat's parents conceived her by accident, Eric's family seemed to have planned all of this based on her description. The economic sense comes from pregnancy being undesirable in certain circumstances. If the slave were to get pregnant, she'd need extra care and rest for months and you'd be creating another mouth to feed. If the buyer just wants a sex partner and doesn't want to breed Keidran, infertility would be beneficial so they don't have to worry about any of that. Now again, humans probably wouldn't be as worried about that because (as they currently think), they can't get pregnant with Keidran anyway, but if they were worried about other Keidran having sex and getting pregnant with them (such as if the buyer was another Keidran or they had multiple Keidran slaves that they were worried might fool around with each other), then it becomes a concern.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#42 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:11 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:23 pmAs it turn out I am also interested in the details of how Kat ended up where she is now. I was also of the idea Roderick never sold her entirely out of his own will but that he believes he had no choice but to let her go. And for what little intereaction we got of these three seems Roderick did not see her as a person at all, did not even called her by her name, for him she was a servant at best and a thing at worst. But he also does not say anything that implies he saw anything sexual in Kat and I am not sure he planned to use her for that.
My personal take on Roderick is that of the entitled older bro; the sort of person who'd sell you his old truck, then turn up with a spare key whenever he wanted to haul something, and just give you a wave as he drove off unless you could get out there , stand in front of it, and order him out.
Hence Eric's "I told you not to boss her around anymore. I bought her from you fair and square. And don’t call her “Spots”. Her name is Kathrin." statement is an objection to Roderick treating her as if he's still her owner. He's a dick, who accepts and tacitly supports the Mekkan Human status quo regarding the attitude to, and treatment of Keidran, because that's just the way things are.

Look at the scene where Kat openly defies him. He's the Mekkan equivalent of a cop; if he bore Eric any ill will over her acquisition, he could, at worst, arrest Eric and seize Kat, at the very least, place a control spell on her himself. Instead, he tells Eric not to get caught by other Templar, and expresses his grudging admiration for Kat's actions.
Your idea makes sense. Roderick is simply just a grade A [censored]. Also he is not only a cop, for what I understand he was a low ranking templar which are the de facto rulers of the human world. So he was basically a cop, jury and executioner if he wants to.
Eclipse wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:08 pm
This much is true, Trace's family is going to have a huge target on their backs once everything is out in the open as the Templar don't want humans and Keidran to unite agains them.
Even if everything in the comic is neatly resolved by the end of the story that kid is gonna have a though time growing up. First of all he is a hybrid and then his father was a genocidal maniac that tried started wars out of vengeance...
Eclipse wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:32 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:23 pm

No, it doesn't sound like Kat's parents conceived her by accident, Eric's family seemed to have planned all of this based on her description. The economic sense comes from pregnancy being undesirable in certain circumstances. If the slave were to get pregnant, she'd need extra care and rest for months and you'd be creating another mouth to feed. If the buyer just wants a sex partner and doesn't want to breed Keidran, infertility would be beneficial so they don't have to worry about any of that. Now again, humans probably wouldn't be as worried about that because (as they currently think), they can't get pregnant with Keidran anyway, but if they were worried about other Keidran having sex and getting pregnant with them (such as if the buyer was another Keidran or they had multiple Keidran slaves that they were worried might fool around with each other), then it becomes a concern.
I agree with you. If you want a maid/plaything you may be worried she ends up fooling around with the rest of your slaves, that would take her out of commission for a couple months at least you do not want that so you directly commission one without that problem. That being said Kat does said she was allowed to be sold to Eric due to her being infertile implying had she been normal she would have never been sold to him, which in turn suggest that is a negative trait. In any case after rereading her ref sheet I think the timeline goes as: She was born into Eric's family eventually got passed to Roderick who was planning to sell her as a sex slave after realizing she was infertile and only got saved because Eric at this point considered her a sister and bought her off him.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#43 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:48 pm I agree with you. If you want a maid/plaything you may be worried she ends up fooling around with the rest of your slaves, that would take her out of commission for a couple months at least you do not want that so you directly commission one without that problem. That being said Kat does said she was allowed to be sold to Eric due to her being infertile implying had she been normal she would have never been sold to him, which in turn suggest that is a negative trait. In any case after rereading her ref sheet I think the timeline goes as: She was born into Eric's family eventually got passed to Roderick who was planning to sell her as a sex slave after realizing she was infertile and only got saved because Eric at this point considered her a sister and bought her off him.
I'll add in Kat's line, "I cannot go into heat." It's possible that part of the reason Roderick allowed her to be sold, was that one facet of her condition; never being in a mental state to go after anyone nearby. Her mind would essentially be not much different from a human's, in regards to intercourse, so she wouldn't ever desire a stranger, nor somebody she's not emotionally attached to. And I could definitely see that desire as something sex-slave owners would want.

Arg. Her situation is bizarre enough that until we get her complete history, we can't come up with a single comprehensive solution. I could definitely see this topic reaching "Natani's gender" levels of discussion before her story is officially released.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#44 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:04 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:48 pm I agree with you. If you want a maid/plaything you may be worried she ends up fooling around with the rest of your slaves, that would take her out of commission for a couple months at least you do not want that so you directly commission one without that problem. That being said Kat does said she was allowed to be sold to Eric due to her being infertile implying had she been normal she would have never been sold to him, which in turn suggest that is a negative trait. In any case after rereading her ref sheet I think the timeline goes as: She was born into Eric's family eventually got passed to Roderick who was planning to sell her as a sex slave after realizing she was infertile and only got saved because Eric at this point considered her a sister and bought her off him.
I'll add in Kat's line, "I cannot go into heat." It's possible that part of the reason Roderick allowed her to be sold, was that one facet of her condition; never being in a mental state to go after anyone nearby. Her mind would essentially be not much different from a human's, in regards to intercourse, so she wouldn't ever desire a stranger, nor somebody she's not emotionally attached to. And I could definitely see that desire as something sex-slave owners would want.

Arg. Her situation is bizarre enough that until we get her complete history, we can't come up with a single comprehensive solution. I could definitely see this topic reaching "Natani's gender" levels of discussion before her story is officially released.
For what, little, we have seen about the topic. Keith described it as: "going for anything that moves" but we know that it was just his resentment talking, not to mention on both instances we have seen it was nothing like that, Flora was simply grumpy and Nat compared to a flu or something but given his special situation he is not a good example. Also as Flora has demonstrated they are not only active during that season it is just the time they are fertile, which incidentally would make family planning pretty easy. On top of that the fertility window is after being in season not during, which I am sure it is not how that really works. To promote long term relationships, mostly for the potential children, and not one night stands.

Also I am gonna disagree on the desire part. On a surface level it makes sense to selectively breed them to get their libido very high as a some sort of feature, if you are sick enough to breed them you are probably sick enough to want that. But on the other hand on customers would want to be able to control what they do and with whom. It is gonna be a hard time to get them to do what you want if they want to spend quality time with "anything that moves"
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#45 Post by Eclipse »

Again, based on the way Eric was talking, it sounds as if Roderick didn't actually want to sell Kat and resented the sale. Hard to say how that could be true, but that seems to be the implication.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:52 am Also I am gonna disagree on the desire part. On a surface level it makes sense to selectively breed them to get their libido very high as a some sort of feature, if you are sick enough to breed them you are probably sick enough to want that. But on the other hand on customers would be able to control what they do and with whom. It is gonna be a hard time to get them to do what you want if they want to spend quality time with "anything that moves"
Someone who is that sick enough to breed a sex slave might not actually care whether or not the slave is into it, from the owner's perspective the slave's feelings don't matter, they're a slave and the owner can do it whether they want to or not. So high libido isn't really a necessary feature in breeding, and when you add it the difficulty in controlling their heat you mentioned, they might not want to breed that feature in unless someone specifically wants that.