The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic For March 18, 2021: Remus Revenge

#31 Post by Zaigan »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Or you know her fur may be smoldering since she was just hit by a fireball. It may had not been much but the loincloth, specially if made from cotton, could have kept her from complete incineration.
Maybe, but unlikely, as Sythe was already hit by two fireballs, one after Nibs was, and is not smoldering and the wispy dark shadow make up for Nibs was already shown on a page where there was no fire.

It was suggested she could be a baby dragon, but that seems to have been more meant as a red herring, or an allusion that she wasn't an ordinary squirrel. We know she is a thing that cannot die, and I don't really think she's far enough away from the manor that your suggestion that she's some kind of byproduct of the experimentation couldn't come to pass (it would be kind of a nifty tie-in, really). We also have the extended word building where Tom has drawm other creatures likes Wisp, and in canon proof that ghosts exist, and Remus said this world has familiars, which can also be spirits taking animal form in some tellings. She could be some kind of spirit without it breaking world building or canon. She could be some sort of agent of the mask, maybe too? She's more than likely a supernatural creature since again, she respawns when her incarnation/vessel dies.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Warrl »

If you're going to throw fire at a salamander, throw a LOT of fire - give it a good meal so it isn't looking at you hungrily...

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#33 Post by AmigaDragon »

FuryoftheStars wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:49 am
Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:49 am
Zaigan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:06 pmIf you look close on the last panel of this page, you see the curve of a head with two large, squirrely ears with wisps coming off them, framing the shot of Remus. While some might say it's just because she was on fire, I don't think that's it, since it lines up with her previous true form tease.
Not just coming off. Now that I see this page on a full-size monitor and not just my phone, I can see something rather strange about Nibbly's right ear... in that, there kinda.. isn't one.

Look closely. It's actually made of that black smoke that's rising off of it. Unlike the panel before it, where Sythe has double vision and sees multiples, Nibs' ear is, well, deforming. Vaporizing, like its losing cohesion. Light begins to pass through at the edges, and the smoke is a lighter color than the wisps of the body.

Oh Remus, you done did it now.
To be fair, something that is out of focus has a similar effect when you zoom in close. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that there are other possibilities.
Also, anything reflected in a flowing sheet of water, no matter how smooth, will be out of focus or distorted.
Warrl wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:52 pm If you're going to throw fire at a salamander, throw a LOT of fire - give it a good meal so it isn't looking at you hungrily...
I know what you're referring to but every time I hear "salamander", I think first of the little amphibians, not elemental fire lizards.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

steelabjur
Council Member

#34 Post by steelabjur »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:06 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:49 am
Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:49 am
Zaigan wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:06 pmIf you look close on the last panel of this page, you see the curve of a head with two large, squirrely ears with wisps coming off them, framing the shot of Remus. While some might say it's just because she was on fire, I don't think that's it, since it lines up with her previous true form tease.
Not just coming off. Now that I see this page on a full-size monitor and not just my phone, I can see something rather strange about Nibbly's right ear... in that, there kinda.. isn't one.

Look closely. It's actually made of that black smoke that's rising off of it. Unlike the panel before it, where Sythe has double vision and sees multiples, Nibs' ear is, well, deforming. Vaporizing, like its losing cohesion. Light begins to pass through at the edges, and the smoke is a lighter color than the wisps of the body.

Oh Remus, you done did it now.
To be fair, something that is out of focus has a similar effect when you zoom in close. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that there are other possibilities.
Also, anything reflected in a flowing sheet of water, no matter how smooth, will be out of focus or distorted.
Warrl wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:52 pm If you're going to throw fire at a salamander, throw a LOT of fire - give it a good meal so it isn't looking at you hungrily...
I know what you're referring to but every time I hear "salamander", I think first of the little amphibians, not elemental fire lizards.
Yes, but we can compare other things in the same reflection (Sythe and Maren) and tell that the distortion seen isn't related to the surface reflecting it, there's also the fact that the color is wrong to be the reflection of Nibs tail as we see it (as can be confirmed again by other objects reflected in the same water).