New story

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

New story

#1 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

So I'm new to the whole fanfic thing. I have no clue if this is any good, but yeah.

This story is titled "A Sudden Interruption", and it's about Zen and Raine. It's safe (like no sex) but if you were found reading this at work it'd still be weird. It's like M:I2 except better and is nothing like M:I2. I would have uploaded the .txt but oh well. Copy and paste it is. It's like a 5 minute read.

"Hi," came a voice.

Zen opened his eyes to see 2 white paws in front of him.

"It's my turn to keep you alive" she continued, giggling slightly. Raine was nice. Too nice for everybody.

"Thanks," he mumbled his reply. It was hard to do anything but mumble in his current state; his hands were tied and his brother may well be dead. He failed his first mission in months and was now held prisoner by people who hate his guts.

Raine fumbled with the knot around his hands. It was easy to tell she wasn't an experienced woodswolf by the way she ended up making it tighter.

"ow." Zen moaned. He only did it because he knew it'd make her blush.

"Sorry!" she started, afraid he'd get mad and kill her. He was an assassin, after all.

"Raine, it's fine," He began, "I was kidding. But I do want to thank you. Not just the food, but also saving my life."

"Um," she began, not knowing what to say. "you're welcome."

"And for what it's worth, I'm sorry." Zen continued. "You know, the whole trying to kill you thing. Most people would have killed me, your friends included. And for that, I thank you."

"Well, I couldn't have you dying. I figured you had family. You mentioned a brother. Where is he?"

"Natani? I... don't know anymore. Last time I knew, he was coming back from the Bastian isles. But I haven't heard since then."

Raine looked worried. "Aren't you mentally linked?"
"We were. The shackle severed the link. Natani's probably dead now. I just wish I knew." He felt something brush his ankle, and looked up from his food to see Raine working her hands along the latch of the shackle.

"RAINE! What are you doing!?" Screamed the red-haired guy. "Do you want to kill us all?" Zen didn't actually hear this, because his human wan't good enough. He did catch the word "Kill" though.

"Raine," Zen began, placing his hand on hers. "stop. It's fine. I'd rather not die."

"But your brother--" she began

"--Has left his fate with the gods." Zen interrupted. "If he's still alive somehow, and I die then that probably will be the end. For both of us"

Raine relented. It was then her mind clicked on their paws; she had absentmindely wound her fingers into his. She looked up.

Eye contact.

"Well!" Raine began, standing awkwardly.

"Raine..." Zen began this next sentence slyly, turning his charm up to 11. "Do you think I'm cute?"

"Zen, you're a killer! I'd never be attracted to you!"

"Your hands say otherwise," Zen noted. Her hands still maintained their grip on his, even tightening slightly.

She wrenched her hands out of his grasp. "It was an accident, ok? I was just..." She sat down, beside him this time. "... lost in thought".

"It's fine..." Zen mumbled, "besides, iveneveractuallykilledanyone."

"What?" She replied. She'd heard him fine the first time (one of the benefits of wolf ears), but she knew it'd make him blush.

"I've never killed anyone." He repeated, redder then the fire the others chatted around. He was confident nobody could hear them.

"Please continue," she said.

"When Natani and I joined the guild, our first solo mission was an old wolf named Isaac. He hit Natani with a forbidden curse. It destroyed her--his soul, and I used mine to keep him alive. that's why we're linked.

"Anyways, the curse Isaac used killed him too. We would twist the story until it became 'he saw us and killed himself on the spot'. We became 'the Magi brothers', and got a couple more jobs."

"And you never killed anyone?"

"First job: guy accidentally backed into a fireplace, burned to a crisp. A feline noble rode his horse into a tree branch, broke his neck. people have walked off a cliff, been hit by a flying flower pot, gotten chased into a hunting range, even fallen through a bridge. One dude got so constapated his heart stopped. After that I got stabbed by Keith, and a few months later, knocked unconsious by a red-haired ex-templar and a cowardly wolf diplomat.

"Never once?"

"I was exited to take this job because I didn't have to kill Sythe." he admitted, reluctantly. "I figured it'd be hard to mess it up."

Raines head cleared: he really hadn't been trying to kill anyone. Except Red, he probably would have died.

She leaned close to him. "Don't tell anyone what I'm about to do" she whispered.

Zen reddened. She leaned close and kissed him on the cheek.

"What? So little?" He questioned, hoping for more.

"Well," She mumbled, clearly embarrassed about what she'd done. "the guys are right over there."

He chuckled at her weak excuse, looking and seeing lust in her eyes.

"Let 'em watch," Zen replied, inwardly celebrating the victory. "just so long as we don't have too much fun."

As he said this he wrapped his untied hands around her waist and lifted her onto his lap. She ran her hands through his hair, as he did the same. As her lips graced his felt a jolt of energy a feeling he had never truly unlocked in his life. Her tongue ventured farther into his mouth as he slid his hands down her back and onto her tail. She gasped, or at least would have had she not been locked in a passionate embrace.

"His hands feel amazing" she thought to herself as he manipulated her tail, causing endless waves of pleasure to course up her spine. She felt her hands subconciously moving towards his waist, and she tried in vain to stop what she so badly wanted to happen.

Thats when it all went wrong. Hands grabbed her shoulders and threw her onto the ground. She opened her eyes to a flash of red, and her ears heard a bark. Not one of worry, but a yelp of pain. Her eyes focused on Red as he wound up for a second hit. She looked down to see his target, Zen. He was completely helpless, bound to a tree, unable to leave. He sheltered his face with his hands, but they wouldn't of made a difference in what was to happen next.

"How DARE YOU!" Red fumed, his blind rage completely cowing Zen. "She's too good for you. Did you think she could love you, wolf? You fleabags only think with your balls."

"Stop! Please, don't hurt him!" Raine pleaded.

"And you!" Red turned on her. "You said you were still human, that you'd always be. You said you were kidding about him being cute!"

Raine felt warm tears flow down her fur. She looked pleadingly at Sythe and Maren, hoping for support, but they looked on, not willing to sacrifice themselves for someone they wanted dead anyways.

Red drew his sword. "I should have done this when we caught you!" Zen closed his eyes, resigned to his fate.

"I'm so sorry, Natani" he whispered aloud. "My whole life I swore I'd protect you, but when you needed me the most, I failed you." He heard the sword slice through the air.

Thunk.

The sword embedded itself in the tree.

"Why!" Raine screamed, feeling unholy amounts of magic swelling inside her, bursting through her keidran body. "I trusted you! I thought I could have loved you!"

"Why should we let him live! He tried to kill us!"

Zen cracked an eye. He felt... alive. Odd, considering he had just been beheaded.

"What the..." he began, feeling his neck. Intact. Had he been beheaded? He looked up: Red's sword was lodged in the tree mere millimetres above his ears. He looked up to see Raine standing between him and his doom. She was yelling at him in human.

"I can't love you," She fumed, her voice breaking amidst the tears "not if you do this. I can't be happy with you knowing you've killed innocent people!"

"He's a keidran!" He replied, matching her volume. "You hate keidran!"

"I don't hate keidran! How can I?" she retorted, winding up her sucker punch. "How can I hate that which I am?"

And with that final blow leaving him confused, she ripped the sword from the tree and tossed it on the ground.

"Zen!" she cried, collapsing onto him. Her tears flowed as he kissed her gently on the head.

"I'm here," He began, almost as if in a trance. "but, how? How did he miss?"

"I-I," she began between sobs, "pushed him. He missed high. I'm just so relieved you're alive!"

"Raine, I..." the scales fell from his eyes as realized what he meant to her, and her to him. "I don't know what to say. You have done one of the bravest things I've ever seen, but you did it for me. Someone you hate."

"Zen, I've spent my whole life alone with parents who hate each other and hardly love me. For once in my life I found someone who loves me because I'm a wolf sometimes. I'm sick of being alone."

"Well, it might have to wait until I'm not a prisone--" and with that she grabbed his ears and pulled him into an embrace.

He was almost glad Natani couldn't see him right now. He'd never hear the end of this.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: New story

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I'm assuming this takes place some time after he was captured, if they're able to act that friendly, but not long enough for them to be on the plains. That gives a situation where they're isolated, but also where those two are on speaking terms. Nice choice for that pairing. You wouldn't happen to have drawn inspiration from a certain NSFW comic, would you? :wink:

It might have been interesting to see the reactions of Sythe and Maren to Raine's actions, less this wasn't their first... encounter.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#3 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps a side-story from a different perspective is in order, based on your suggestions.

As for the inspiration, that's actually what got me into Twokinds, and as such imo there is no greater ship the RaiZen. :raine: :zen:

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

I've always been a Keith/Natani myself. But yeah, another angle could prove interesting. That was an idea I fiddled with back when I wrote stuff, and I found that it helps with depth of character if you consider several angles of each reaction.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.