[FWC 17] Escape

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

wolf_Appledore999
Traveler

[FWC 17] Escape

#1 Post by wolf_Appledore999 »

It was a partly cloudy day in the forests of the Human Territory of Mekken. A young adult male creature, known as a Keidran, was walking through the woods. The Keidran, this one specimen in particular, have a silvery-white fur of an arctic wolf with burgundy-red hair and sparkling green eyes. His outfit indicates that he was ready for combat and trying to hide his identity with a mask over his eyes. As he was walking, he soon heard an old man coughing and quickly hide among the trees before slowly approaching the source. There he saw an old man with a black cane wearing white robes with a black cloak. On the white robes was a marking in black. The Marking was a Circle with one vertical black line and two horizontal black lines going across the vertical long line. The Snow Wolf Keidran’s eyes glowed gold, a tell-tale sign of the Keidran’s Feral tendencies emerging, before looking at the Old Man’s Companion. She was another Keidran, but of a different species. She was mostly a Fox, a Kit Fox to be accurate, but she has black stripes on top of her Kit Fox fur. The Markings told the Snow Wolf that she’s a Hybrid Keidran, a blend of Fox and Tiger Tribes. She was wearing a roughspun dress on her body as well as a metal collar which clearly indicated her role of a Slave. Her blonde hair was neatly taken cared of despite her role and she was looking genuinely worried for her Master.

“Master. Please, take it easy.” She pleaded, “We’re almost at Pinewood. We’ll get the Local Doctor to help you.”

“Thank you for worrying about an old geezer like me, Cormilla, but it seems like we have a watcher.” The Old man said before speaking in Keidran, <”Show yourself!”>

Then the Keidran came out of the woods, <”Hello, Templar. Wasn’t expecting to come across another one after a drunken one fell easily on my blade.”>

<”Travis, you idiot.”> The Old man sighs before looking at his Slave, who was ready to defend her Master, <”Do not interfere. Even if the Doctor does heal me, I still won’t last long anyway. At least let me die in Battle like a True Templar.”>

Cormilla looked hurt but obeyed her Master’s orders, <”Yes, Master.”>

The Snow Wolf grinned on his right side, <”I almost feel pity for you, Templar. Almost.”> Then he took out his only weapon. The Weapon wasn’t a Keidran-made nor Human-made blade. The Blade was made and fashioned in the Bastitin Method. The Guard and Pommel were Human while the handle, which is an Antler of a Deer, was more of the Keidran-made weaponry.

“Heh. A Dagger? That dagger killed a Templar?” THe Old man coughed up some blood, scaring his Slave more.

Then the Keidran held up a cloth which shows off nineteen Templar Marks from ripped Tunics, “Nineteen of them. Yours will become the twentieth.”

“I like to see you try.” The Templar smiles before launching fireballs.

The Snow Wolf Keidran ducked and sprang forward, <”Fireballs? Seriously? Templars need new Tricks.”>

When he got close, he cut the small pouch of Mana Crystals and snatched it away from the Templar. Seeing this, the Templar smiles at his opponent, making Cormella nervous.

“Very smart to separate me from the Crystals, Keidran. However, we Templars aren’t as weakened as Keidrans are without the Crystals.” Then his eyes glowed and dark aura surrounded him as he was chanting.

<”[censored]. The Old [censored] have that Ace up his sleeve. I didn’t thought he would pull this out of his [censored].”> the Snow Wolf Keidran growled.

The Templar fired Dark Magic at the Wolf Keidran, but he quickly and barely dodges. He ran with all of his might and stabbed the Templar into the chest. The Old Man coughed up some blood and even more was showing onto his Tunic before the Wolf Keidran kicked him off. As soon as the Old Templar landed onto the ground, the Wolf Keidran spun his blade to clean it before stashing it on the back side of his hip perpendicular to his hips. Cormella ran to her dying Master’s side, tears forming.

<”Cormella, do this for me.”> The Old Man was managing to say in Keidran, <”Go with him and help him out to the best of your abilities. I have no heirs to take you in and I want you to be happy.”>

<”Of course, Master.”> she was crying as her Master took his last breath.

She removed his cloak and put it onto herself besides the fact it was dirty. Then she saw the Wolf Keidran walking over to her ex-master’s Corpse. She quickly ran up to him and grabbed his arm, with tears flowing. The victorious Wolf Keidran looked at her with disgust.

<“Release me, Fox. I’m going to claim my prize, His Templar Mark.”>

<”No, Please. Master ordered me to go with you, as your Prize since he have no one to pass me onto. He wants me to be happy.”> she cried.

The Wolf growls, <”And this is why most Wolves see you Foxes as weak and Second-Class. Fine. He can keep his Mark but remove that Collar. I don’t want a constant reminder of your Past.”>

<”Of course, Master.”> She stood up, bows and removes the collar before taking care of the copse with the collar gently on top of the body before leaving with the Wolf Keidran, <”Where are we heading, Master?”>

<”FIrst of all, NEVER call me as ‘Master’, it makes me sick hearing that term. Secondly, we are heading for Pinewood. Anti-Keidran all they like. I just want Templar whereabouts.”>

<”If I’m not allowed to call you by that Title, what should I call you, Sir?”> Cormella asked.

<”Call me Colden.”> Colden said with a icy stare, <”Lady Saria suggested the name to Mother.”>

<”Cormella.”> She said with a warm smile, <”My former Master gave me his surname. Cormella Abbandonato”>

As they were walking, Colden handed over a pouch, <”Here. Mana Crystals. You may have better use for them then I do.”>

She smiles when she see them, “Thank you, Colden.”

He simply looked away from her with a cold expression on his face, “Whatever.”

After a few hours, they arrived at the town called Pinewood. There was a sign that had said “No Keidrans” before Colden cuts it down with his dagger. They walked to a store that also had the same sign. After ripping it off and throwing it away, Colden and Cormella entered the shop. The Shopkeep instantly drew his sword, but from his age, being a young teenager, Colden knew that the boy was mostly harmless.

“G-Get out of here, K-Keidran!”

“I won’t harm you unless you forced me to.” Then he took out a scroll and tossed it onto the counter, “Any rumor about the locations of any of these Templars?”

The Teen nervously took the scroll and looked at it while his sword still aiming at Colden. “Most of these I don’t know, but this one kid, He left town about a week or so ago taking the southwest road.”

“Bright sky blue hair?” Colden asked.

“That’s the one. Some of the guards, before they were killed in a Wolf Keidran raid, said that he was with a Tiger Keidran. Female, flat-chested, smaller than he is, brown haired.”

“Thank you. Keep the scroll.” Colden said before leaving with Cormella.

The boy collapsed, gasping for air from the visit. While he was gasping, Cormella looked at Colden questionably. She looked back at Pinewood as they leave before asking her question.

<”Colden?”>

<”Yes, Cormella.”>

<”Why are you looking for certain Templars?”>

Colden sighs, <”They’re the ones whom made Humans to hate us the most and all of this Mind-Damaging Magic and Magic Suppression put into collars.. The Blue-Haired boy, believe it or not, is their Master. He’s the Grandmaster of the Entire Templar Organization. He is my Primary Target to kill. His Mark isn’t enough, but his Head. He hates Wolf Keidrans more of all and he indirectly killed Lady Saria.”>

<”How did he indirectly killed Lady Saria?”> She asked, wanting to know more.

<”By not giving her medical attention when she needed it. Rumor has it, among the Wolf Keidrans, the Grandmaster made sure that there was no trace of the Assassin left. He completely evaporated the poor Wolf’s body and soul out of existence. That could be just a rumor as nobody truly knows what had happened on that date. However, I can’t let him live much longer.”>

<”Does he even have a name?”> She looked at him, <”We can probably get better luck with the Name.”>

<”Templar Grandmaster Trace Legacy.”> Colden growls.

Upon hearing the name, Cormella frozen up and appeared scared to no end, “Th-th-th-the THE Trace Legacy!? Are you CRAZY!?” then she ran in front of him, waving her arms crazily, “Nonononononononono! He is the Grandmaster for a reason! He overthrew the previous one with Ease! I don’t care if we go after all the other Templars since you clearly hate them, but DON’T go after the Grandmaster!” she was clearly scared and clearly emphasizes her words when needed.

“You know my reason for hunting him down.” Colden growled.

Before Cormella could reply, a small group of Wolf Keidrans appeared. However, unlike Colden, they were brown furred instead of white furred. The Brown furred Wolf Keidrans, better known as the Forest Wolf Keidrans, spotted them and poised for a fight. Colden rolled his eyes and growled before moving Cormella behind his body.

<”What’s a Snow Wolf doing in our area!?”> One of the Forest Wolves asked aggressively.

<”Nobody needs to get hurt if you let us through.”> Colden growled.

<”How about you die and we can loot you and take her for our pleasure.”> Another one said before the three charges forward.

Colden sighs, shakes his head and began fighting. He flung the closest one over himself before dodging the spears and punching the next one in the gut. After that, Colden used the second wolf’s , the one he just punched, back as a Springboard to kick the third Wolf’s Head into a tree. Then he flung the Second onto the Third, with as much strength and speed as he could mustered. When the First Wolf got back onto his feet, Colden ran over and kicked him in the Throat and into a tree. Cormella looked stunned and quite surprised by the unarmed prowess Colden possessed.

“H-How were you able to do all that?”

“Mother taught me to be as good as possible to protect Lady Saria’s Manor. Both armed and unarmed combat. Some of my other combat skills learned from bar fighting after I ran away from fear. If you think my skills are impressive, Lady Saria’s Husband said that Mother’s strength could scare a Dragon like one Mary Silverlock’s Anger. Honestly, I don’t believe him. How can someone scare a Dragon? A sneeze from them could kill a whole city.” Colden shrugged, not sounding as cold as before, “You alright?”

“I’m alright now. Thanks for defending me and worrying about me.”

“Seeing that I’m stuck with you, I have to keep you safe somehow.”

She smiles as they resume their Travelling. They soon arrived in South Laughton, a decently large town. The humans there were just as much as on edge as Pinewood was. When Colden shown them the scroll of Templars, they pointed North.

“In Ditteridge.” one of the Humans said.

“Thanks.” COlden coldly said before going over the Laighton Bridge and through North Laighton continue heading North with Cormella.

Cormella looked at him, “Where is Ditteridge? I never heard of it from my late Master.”

“It’s within the Snow Wolf’s Territory. My ancestral Home.” Colden stated, “Mother as well as our Cousin are from there. I heard that her Cousin had a child of his own. I don’t know the Gender, but I remember seeing one in particular showing up at the House but he was different.” Then he shown her the scroll and pointed to a grey haired man with green eyes, “His name is Euchre. Mother does her best to avoid him no matter what. I want information from him before I take his Mark.”

“Why not ask your Mother?” Cormella asked him.

“Believe me, I tried, but she was quite tight-lipped. I swear my whole Family know more stuff then they even want to to tell me. Asking my Grandparents are obviously out of the question.” Colden growls out a sigh, “I really need to get to the bottom of all of this in the first place. Either Euchre Templar or Mother will tell me everything.”

“Sounds like you have quite an oddball family.” Cormella said with a smile, “Not as oddball as mine.”

“Well, you are a Fox and a Tiger. What’s more there are then that?”

“Well, “ She said while rubbing her head, “When I was born, Mother wasn’t as broken as most would’ve thought. She was gentle and kind. She was more of an indentured servant for life instead of a true Slave. Through, legally, was still their slave. My dad, the Tiger Keidran, was a true Slave. I was afraid of the Runed Collars that just seeing them made me shake. Mom was always there to help me out. When her Mistress asked her why I reacted the way I do, Mother calmly explained that I accidently, which was the truth, came across when they applied the collar to Father and saw what it does to him. I never had a Runed Collar on personally, but that was due to me being as obedient as they desired.. Even though there was no reason for her to try it, Mother did. She became something that wasn’t herself, no emotion just obedience, no different than a Pitchfork or a shovel. When they let her go after a minute, I was bawling when I leapt into her arms. While Mistress was nice to me and Mother, the other Slaves, like Father, wasn’t so lucky. One day, while Father was working in a barn of theirs, the barn collapsed onto him. The beam landed on him, causing him to be paralyzed from the hip down. After paying the local Magistrate the fines for a poorly constructed structure, they sold Father away since ‘he was no longer usable for his position’. Their words, not mine. A month after that, Master bought me from them.”

“And that’s why I hate Templars and those Humans who are loyal to them.” Colden growls.

As the sky was darkening, they came across a manor that was in ruins. It was made out of pure timber. Many referred to it as the Timber Ruins. They started setting up their Camp and Cormella looked at him when she finished her Tent.

“Well, since I gave you a decent story of my family, can I hear yours?”

As soon as he finished, he sat down and sighs, “Must well.” then he got the fire going, “Well, my Mother resides in Lady Saria’s Manor in Edenmire near the Tiger Territory. My Dad was a Snow Wolf on a Ship. I didn’t saw him too much to be honest. Knowing how rough the sea can be, he’s probably dead. Dad was drunk when he came across Mom when she wasn’t her usual on-guard. They did the deed and he left. When the following morning, Lady Saria came across Mom who was trying to avoid them. After some explanation, at least according to Lady Saria, she convinced Mom to have me. Annually he came around to check up on us for a day, but he made sure he avoided the Lord of the Manor by all means..The last time I saw him was about a month before the death of Lady Saria. Oddly, he said that if I want to see him again, I have to track him down. Don’t ask me why he said that and no, he wasn’t the assassin. It was a Forest Wolf who killed Lady Saria.”

Cormella took out some food and began cooking, “So, it was a bit of a drunken mistake yet he still loved you two?”

“That’s pretty much the truth.” He nods, “I don’t really hate him for being not in my life as often as I would’ve liked, but wished he could told me why he chooses the Sea over staying on the land.”

“Maybe he is a slave as well? There are some Masters who have a crew of Slaves whose sole purpose is to serve on their Master’s Vessel.” Cormella suggested.

“Outside the fact I despised that word, that could be a reason.” He sighs and nods.

“Well, that’s the only word I know how to call those whom owned me.” Cormella stated.

“Use something less direct.” Colden replied as he took some of the food and begin eating.

Cormella plated her own food and ate. After an hour, they went to bed. While they slept, Colden’s ears was twitching all over the place. A faint roar of a Dragon caused him to jump up with his blade out. He can see a human but she wasn’t any normal human. She had dark green scales from her elbows to her hands and from her knees down to her feet. Bewildered by the sight, he woke up Cormella who stretches and look at the creature as well.

“Oh. She’s an Adrakist, a Dragon Worshipper. They’re still their native species, but they are extremists when it comes to their love of the scaly beasts.”

“I see. Let’s leave her be. Who knows how dangerous they are.” He said before laying back down. The two went back to sleep and were out for the remainder of the night. The Adrakist headed north towards the town they were heading for as well.

(end of Part 1)

NuclearBird
Master

Re: [FWC 17] Escape

#2 Post by NuclearBird »

Looking good so far.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

wolf_Appledore999
Traveler

Re: [FWC 17] Escape

#3 Post by wolf_Appledore999 »

NuclearBird wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am Looking good so far.
Thank you very much.