Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

NotThatJon
Traveler

Re: Twokinds Industrial: Mana Crystals and Smoky Skies

#31 Post by NotThatJon »

Zachary grabbed at the unruly human. "[You must stop!] <Please, stop this!> [This snow wolf isn't an enemy!] <He isn't one of those who attacked us!> <[Do you understand?]>" Eventually, with the aid of some others, the human was subdued.

Once everyone had had a moment to collect themselves, Zachary turned to Rikter. "<It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Zachary. I speak both Keidran and Basitin, but I know next to no human.>"

He then turned to Counsilor Frostpaw. "<Anyway, we actually could use your help with something. A note found on one of the bodies mentions a meeting place for the assasins, and Crowley here suggests we set up an ambush there for them. Normally, I would take your advice and just high-tail it out of here, but honestly, I've got nowhere to go, and I'd hate to run into more trouble out there on my own. At least with the ambush, I wouldn't be fighting alone. We could use all the help we can get, so I hope you consider joining us.>"

Lastly, Zachary approached Crowley. "[Excuse me, Crowley, sir. I'm not exactly a skilled warrior, I mean, heck, I barely survived against just one wolf, but if you wish, it would be my honor to assist in your ambush in any way that I can.]"
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#32 Post by RowanEx »

For a sleeping Keidran, there was a reason why Sam never slept on the grass on that moment. One, sticks cling to her fur. Two, it was downhill. Three, she had positioned herself in a way that pointed to the inn. So, right now, she now woke up, with a headache and amazingly few bruises beside the walls of the inn. It had been apparent she landed on some sacks. Standing up, holding her rifle like a baseball bat before holstering, she sighed and began to walk around.

She can probably trace the assassins, but she hated mornings, and if she knew how to trace something.

She headed to the inn with a sour expression, even if she knew nobody might answer, she asked, "Anybody got coffee? Hello?"
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#33 Post by SirJahar »

The regrouped assassins panted as they gathered under the docks. "Does anyone still have their crystals?" Three of them raised their hands. "good." They stormed for a boat, the largest in the harbor. It looked to be a Order Frigate, one of the ones with mana stones on board and runes to make wind when there was none. They rushed aboard, two searching the vessel for anyone aboard as three others started to take her out, the last two taking up spots on the port side. They readied their crystals as the summoned mighty balls of fire, when they saw a flash of light go up in town. They aimed their shots towards it, then moved to the rest of the town, launching again and again as the pulled away from the docks.

Back at the Inn, Markus looks at the group. "I didn't have anything to do with this besides getting lucky when I dropped my clietn's new gun.
... COUNCILMAN FROSTPAW?! S-s-Sir!?" He's struck dumb as he recognizes the man.
Samantha asking about coffee rouses him. *I was just about to look and see if the Innkeeper survived and ask for a pot to be..."
SHOOM! The smithy across the street erupts in flame. Almost immediately after, fire starts raining down from the sky, coming from the direction of the docks.
"[censored]!!! We've got to get out of here, NOW!!! I'm going to the stables!"

The whole town rapidly falls into chaos.

Butterscotch
Master

#34 Post by Butterscotch »

<Alright, listen up! The town is under attack! We are the only ones capable if knowing the full story, So no in-fighting! Anyone who does not speak Basitin, group up and keep Civillians safe! We will then regroup at the Clock Tower in one hour, organize yourselves, go!>

[All Basitin speakers, we are going to Investigate the docks! I have sent the Keidran speakers to safeguard civillians. Once our investigation is complete, we meet back at the Clock Tower in one hour. If you know both tongues, choose a squad to join!]

The Basitin marches forward. [Adrakist, you lead the Keidran speakers.]

[Basitin speakers! Form a line on me!]

And with that, he exits the front entrance to the inn.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#35 Post by zackepic22 »

As he observed, he blinked, and waved a little at the Basitin who had waved at him. Had she known him? Or, at least recognized? He wasn't sure that was a good or a bad thing. At least the Adrakist hadn't seemed to recognize him. ...Although, the fact that he suggested he might be one of the assassins, caused him to raise an eyebrow. "...<Are all Keidran-blooded the same to you, Adrakist?>" He didn't think it was necessarily an unfair question to ask him, either. Considering the dragons were more or less a symbol of what remained of the human empire—whether they wanted to be or not—And, the fact that he knew that the empire still permitted a degree of slavery, at least in regards to canid Keidran. "<Because, I assure you, not only am I not affiliated with those Confederate dogs, but those Confederate dogs wouldn't even want to be affiliated with a 'mutt' like me, especially not one with Snow Wolf blood.>" It was true, the Forest Wolves that comprised the Confederacy were pretty racist, in many regards. He would be just as happy for all races and their nations to get along...But, he knew that simply would not be something possible in the near future.

And, then, as another full human came in, looking quite incensed, he saw him slam the one snow wolf—Well, the one full-looking one, anyway. There were really no 100% full snow wolves that he knew of anymore, even the ones that looked fully keidran—against the wall, annndddd, as he blamed the snow wolf for taking everything from him—Could /no one/ tell the forest wolves and snow wolves apart anymore?—He felt that he had finally had enough. He started to slowly unsheathe his sword, fully intending on giving the human a non-lethal slash across the cheek. However, the full fox Keidran did his best to call the man down, and, so, he resheathed his sword. At least for the moment.

He let out a heavy sigh, then realized that the Fox Keidran was talking to him. He hummed, putting a hand beneath his beard in thought. "<Well, the Ditteridge council would probably bark my pelt off if I left myself get involved in something so dangerous. ...But, you seem like an interesting enough group, I suppose, and, sometimes, I think battle is more pure than politics...>"

He then turned his head, as the Snow Wolf seemed to fully recognize him. Well...He supposed he shouldn't be surprised. Honestly, the one thing he was shocked about in regards to this was that a White Republic citizen was willingly travelling through Templar lands. He nodded. "That's me, Aye.", he told him, his northern accent obvious in the human language. "<And, what exactly is a Republic citizen doing in a town like Westspruce? I had to have my ear barked off in order to accept the decision for me to come here...>" Then another hybrid came in—A fox one, looked like—Who asked about the coffee. He sighed. "Aye, I could definitely go for a sip, what with the all things happening tonigh-"

Then, all of a sudden, he heard flames. Lots and lots of flames, very many of them raining down and crashing. The fuller Snow Wolf seemed to be wanting to leave, and, the 23 year-old hybrid councilor had to agree with the sentiment. However, the male Basitin then started speaking out in Keidran, telling them that they shouldn't fight each other, and that the non-basitin speakers should keep the civilians safe together. He nodded, wondering just how much of the group was comprised of people who didn't understand the Basitin language, besides himself...Although, it would have been very helpful if he could understand what the Basitin was saying after that. "...<What? What did he say after that?>"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#36 Post by Lief »

Keers assisted Zachary in subduing Bael, slipping behind him and grabbing his left wrist, applying enough pressure to indicate that she could break it if he didn't relax. Eventually, he did, and she released him, stepping back with her hands out in a placating manner.

She had several notepads and writing utensils, and could write more or less competently in all three languages, but time was short, and her shorthand could take some deciphering. So instead she made several eldritch gestures towards the Adrakist. A form of sign language that she had learned in her travels, but had thus far not encountered anyone else who knew it. Discounting those she had learned it from, of course. She didn't have very high hopes that this Adrakist knew it, but it was worth a try.

I cannot speak, but I understand all languages. Do you know sign?

Her ears twitched towards the smithy, moments before it burst into flames. The man that ran out clearly wasn't an assassin. The smith, perhaps? Set the place aflame while fighting off a wolf? Or just incompetent? She started to shake her head, but stopped when she heard incoming fireballs.

Keers inhaled sharply, half-turning towards the boastful Basitin as he started to bellow commands. She barely heard more than a single sentence before she took off deeper into town. Her rifle still in hand, she brought it up while she ran, keeping the barrel pointing into the air. She fired off several shots while she ran, more to make noise than anything else, and occasionally stopped briefly to deliver a sharp kick to a house's door with her steel-capped boots.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#37 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

(I'm gonna start quoting because of all the conversations. Also a little hard to keep up with them all, but I will try.)

When the human returned and pinned Markus to that wall, all he could do was watch as so many others already rushed in to help. A little bit slow on Rikter's part. Trying to bring the conversation back to a plan: "<aaaaanyways, I was going to suggest that if they're meeting under the pier, I set it on fire. Quick and simple.>" He lit a small fireball in his hands, hoping to impress the others. Luckily this time it didn't explode and catch the entire building on fire. He would hate for that to happen again.
zackepic22 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm"...<Are all Keidran-blooded the same to you, Adrakist?>"
He laughed a little. Wanting to be worshiped by all in the future, he definitely did not think so. "<No sir, I was just humoring the idea. I am well aware of the political stance between the forest and arctic wolves. Anyways, you are only part keidran. These...>" He kicked his hostage. "<seem to be full. When I become a dragon, what kind of dragon would I be if I actually thought that? And please, call me Rikter.>"
Lief wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:12 pmI cannot speak, but I understand all languages. Do you know sign?
He saw the Basitin's movements out of the corner of his eye while he was focusing on the others, and then looked her way. He knew what it was, but didn't understand. "[Sorry, I do not understand any form of sign language yet. Now thinking about it, should have learned it before...]" And then the fire started. He was surprised for a second, but quickly realized what was going on. "[But, if we survive this, I would like you to teach me.]" He started heading out the door.
Butterscotch wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 am[Adrakist, you lead the Keidran speakers.]
"[Nobody tells me what to do!]" He yelled after Crowley. "[If anything, you'll want me and the docks. If they're already sailing away, I can get them with a fireball.]" He went in the direction of the docks without any other input, mostly because Crowley wanted him to do something else.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#38 Post by Ketzal »

Even as he felt his arms pried off of the wolf, Bael's eyes continued to bore into him. He heard words being spoken to him, but he understood none of it, struggling against the others holding him back and ready to scream.

"Ah, Bael... That lousy temper of yours never fails, does it?"

He winced as a memory flashed through his mind. It gave him pause, enough so to feel the basitin about ready to snap his wrist. He sighed and let go of his pistol, slumping against the wall and putting a hand to his head. Gods, what am I doing…

Suddenly there was a blast and Bael turned to it to see a building that was already going up in flames. Right then, get the hell out of the city, mope and mourn later. He staggered and stood back up, looking around.
Markus wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 am "[censored]!!! We've got to get out of here, NOW!!! I'm going to the stables!"
He grimaced. And the one I just threatened to kill has the best plan. Great… He was going to have to hope the wolf wouldn’t try to repay him for the incident. Bael scooped up his pistol and ran back to grab his violin case, then paused. They’re not going to likely let me follow him after that show. Best find my own way, I suppose... The violinist stole another look back towards the troupe's rooms, his eyes stinging with tears. Rest easy, lads... He shook his head and went down, running for the stables.

NotThatJon
Traveler

#39 Post by NotThatJon »

Zachary began to ease up. It was obvious that these fellows were all kind-hearted. Well, excepting maybe the one who attacked an innocent, but even then, Zachary didn't know the reasoning behind it. Maybe he's well intentioned.

However, the relaxed state wasn't to last. WHOOSH! A nearby building went up in flames. Then, fireballs began raining down from the sky. Damn these assasins, can't we catch a break?

Crowley began barking orders.
Crowley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 am <Anyone who does not speak Basitin, group up and keep Civillians safe! We will then regroup at the Clock Tower in one hour, organize yourselves, go!>

[All Basitin speakers, we are going to Investigate the docks! I have sent the Keidran speakers to safeguard civillians. Once our investigation is complete, we meet back at the Clock Tower in one hour. If you know both tongues, choose a squad to join!]
Well, Zachary had already made the decision to go to the docks with Crowley. Although the original plan was much more ambush-y. Oh well.
Counsilor Frostpaw wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm <What? What did he say after that?>"
"<He's saying if you don't speak Basitin, stay behind and protect the civilians. So I guess you won't be joining us at the docks then. Keep the town safe!>"

Zachary went to go towards the docks, when suddenly the Adrskist decided to disobey Crowley and head in the same direction.
Rikter wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:08 pm
"[Nobody tells me what to do!]" He yelled after Crowley. "[If anything, you'll want me and the docks. If they're already sailing away, I can get them with a fireball.]"
Oh dear. That's not good. Zachary made desperate pace to catch up with Rikter. Once he did, he began warning Rikter.

"[Rikter, hold up! I was just at the docks earlier tonight. Most of the ships there belong to the Templar! You should avoid causing too much damage to Templar property, unless you want to risk adding "Angry Templars" to the list of people trying to kill us!]"
I apologize in advance for my unfunny shenanigans.

Here :keith: comes, rougher than the rest of them - the best of them - tougher than leather.

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#40 Post by RowanEx »

Samantha listened to their conversation. But, after misintepreting that there was no coffee, she sighed and headed outside to wash her face over the sea, when something burned up and throw fireballs. She sighed and looked over to her rifle, cleaning it of ash before running off to the forest like a panicked citizen. She hoped that this will end soon!

<I do hope this will end soon...> Samantha mumbled.
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#41 Post by SirJahar »

The assassins were pulling the ship out to sea, several meters between them and the dock. Much of the town was ablaze as they turned the frigate's own guns on the town.

Down in town, chaos was taking over, the fires spreading rapidly. Even the bucket brigade was breaking down.

Markus burst into the stables, looking around for a good horse when he saw the violist coming behind him. "Decided you want to finish up, or or do you want to get out alive?"

Butterscotch
Master

#42 Post by Butterscotch »

The Basitin noticed that the Adrakist is running behind him.

[Oh great, none of you are capable of following orders. Lives are at stake here!]

He continues towards the docks, noticing the frigates guns firing on the town.

[ Alright, we can use this. If you've got any ability to throw fire at that ship, you best do it. I'm going to see if any of the coastal defenses are working ]

And with that, the Basitin looks out for any coastal defenses. Splitting away from the Adrakist.
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

zackepic22

#43 Post by zackepic22 »

Well...This was a blasted mess. Organizing by language? "Now, that is such a /brilliant/ plan...", he mumbled sarcastically. And, oh, joy! Not only was he practically left by himself, but, some fool brought an entire building crashing down.

He was /not/ in the mood for this...

Sighing, he went outside himself. Looks like he would have to take action by himself...

"THE TOWN IS BEING ATTACKED BY CONFEDERATE ASSASSINS!", he yelled out, to any of the town citizens who could hear him. "THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE MAGIC, REPEL THE FIREBALLS! EVERYONE ELSE, HELP EACH OTHER TO SAFETY! SOMEONE GET A BUCKET BRIGADE ORGANIZED, FOR THE GODS' SAKES!" He then rushed toward the stable, being followed by the man who was carrying his possessions. Once he arrived there, he saw the fuller looking Snow Wolf Keidran, and the man who had previously attacked said Keidran. The Human/SWK sighed.

"So, this is what you're doin', aye?" He crossed his furry arms. "I sincerely hope that you are not planning on leaving just yet. Many of those people out there don't deserve ta die, simply because two of the worst powers on the continent are at each other's necks..."

"Regardless of what the Basitin was thinking, he was right that we need to help them. Otherwise, we'd be just as terrible as the bloody Confederacy and Templars. I hope I can count on your assistance with this..." He was addressing them both, but, looking at the Snow Wolf as he spoke that last sentence, as if he held certain moral expectations for a citizen of the White Republic.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#44 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Zachary wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 pm"[Rikter, hold up! I was just at the docks earlier tonight. Most of the ships there belong to the Templar! You should avoid causing too much damage to Templar property, unless you want to risk adding "Angry Templars" to the list of people trying to kill us!]"
"[I think they're a little preoccupied at the moment to care, and even if I did make them angry, oh well, I don't like them anyways.]" It would probably make him happy if he had a reason to kill them as well. He was already holding a fireball by the time he reached the docks.
Crowley wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:56 pm[ Alright, we can use this. If you've got any ability to throw fire at that ship, you best do it. I'm going to see if any of the coastal defenses are working ]
"[See, this is why I should have come in the first place.]" He hesitated a small moment, knowing how terrible he is at his powers. He thought to himself. I can do this, I NEED to do it. He threw the fireball, aiming for the hull of the attacking ship. It was a tense few moments as it soared through the air. He noticed that it was losing size as well, and was thinking he failed until it hit a top corner of one of the larger sails. It was a small fire, but they would have to take time to put it out. He also hid his excitement of actually hitting something. It may not have been exactly what he was aiming for, or the strength he was oping the flame would be, but it's a start. He started throwing more at the ship (most of them missing).

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#45 Post by Ketzal »

That’s… a LOT of fire.

As he ran through the town, Bael couldn’t help but look around at the mayhem erupting throughout the town. Villagers vainly tried to throw water on the flames, only delaying the inevitable as the blaze consumed everything. He grimaced and hurried through, finally coming upon the stables and coming face to face with the snow wolf from earlier.
Markus wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:26 am "Decided you want to finish up, or or do you want to get out alive?"
Bael felt his jaw tighten. He supposed he deserved that, but he still had to hold his tongue. Come on man, swallow your damn pride. He threw up his hand in surrender and said, “Look, there’s nothing I can say or do to make up for what happened back there. You want to kick my [censored], I will gladly accommodate, but let’s do that getting out alive thing first.” He looked around. “Any horses we can use?”