Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Sketch of the Day

#4261 Post by Bellhead »

And now we have more TK D&D: Dungeons and Dergans.

... is it sad that I actually get Zen's reference?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#4262 Post by Tornir »

IMO, Scarlet Fighter has to be Red, Karen has to be the Sorcerer, so that leaves Maren as the Wizard.

I wonder if Nibbly is playing as Druid Sythe's animal companion?

"CHIPS or whatever"?
The snacks over there are as much of an adventure as the game.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4263 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:37 am And now we have more TK D&D: Dungeons and Dergans.

... is it sad that I actually get Zen's reference?
Isn't that a very common DND thrope? Like even people like me who have never played the game know bards are supposed to be... Overly eager to seduce everyone.

Anyhow speaking of eagerness we got Saria and Rose bonding over painting Saria is even posing for her friend! In lioness form...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#4264 Post by Sky Shatter »

The current sketch reminds me of how the secret backstory of how Flora and Trace both knew each other before he lost his memories was never resolved or even revisited.

Tornir
Master

#4265 Post by Tornir »

Trace and Natani AU.
Question: Would Keith still fall for Nat? Or would Trace? Or Both? Or neither?
If Nat and Zen are both on the ship, team B won't disrupt the link with Raine's shackle, so Nat's going to stay very much a guy, making any relationship stuff continue to be stressful.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4266 Post by Bellhead »

This one, you mean. Trace and Natani AU, where Trace found Nat instead of Flora.
EDIT: Beat me to it...

And yeah, that's a good point. Then again, it kind of was resolved... Trace wanted the keidran divided so they would be weaker, and Flora was arranged with Sythe, a wolf diplomat at the time, to politically bind the two species against the humans, or more specifically, the Templar. Killing Flora before that wedding would prevent it, and as actually happened anyway, the tigers and wolves never actually allied.

As for the knowing each other part, I don't think they really did. Trace was the Grand Templar, and a keidran-genocidal maniac, and Flora was important enough to marry a diplomat. Trace knew of Flora, and Flora knew of Trace, but there's nothing to suggest they actually knew each other before that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4267 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I am of the impression that as long as there is both a Keith and a Nat in any AU they both end hitched.

I think their relationship is that strong

Besides the prompt only said he meets Nat instead of Flora not that they end up in a relationship. I imagine Trace and Nat end up best friends as Keith and Trace ended on canon comic.

Flora lived in Edinmire not far from Trace and they ocassionally crossed paths. That being said i thing as Gen Bell put it. They knew of each other but they did not know each other personally.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master

#4268 Post by Tornir »

(Yesterday)
White Tigress Adelaide
Poor Keith gets to stare at the Kings bare feet...

(Today)
Emperor Sythe's Plotting (Dark AU)
Looking at that map, I'm wondering if it's the wolves that built the towers in this AU.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4269 Post by Bellhead »

Ah, sabertooth Adelaide. Funny enough, this was the first sketch I watched on stream in quite a while. And by complete coincidence, I had a candle lit while the entire chat went wide-eyed at her design in this one.

Also, I don't think that's Keith. Probably just a guard.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4270 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I still think Adelaide neck and forearms are a bit disproportionate in that version. A bit too much like Gorilladeliade

Also Notice how Zen is blind on one eye in the second sketch whereas Nat has his two eyes in the same shade. Wonder how was their life in this AU.

Tangentially related i fully expect Sythe to end as the wolf king by the end of the comic.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4271 Post by Bellhead »

That was mentioned in the stream, too. But I think those proportions match, as she's not based on a panther or a tiger, but rather a saber-toothed cat, which has those features.

Also, how do you see Sythe becoming Wolf King? Sure he's a diplomat and a soldier, and the nephew of the Grand Duke (for whatever that's worth), but he's currently listed as AWOL, a deserter, a traitor, and a human sympathizer. How would things happen that would put him on any throne?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4272 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 am That was mentioned in the stream, too. But I think those proportions match, as she's not based on a panther or a tiger, but rather a saber-toothed cat, which has those features.
Yeah i am the one who mentioned it there... If she is supposed to be a sabertooth=cat then her upper torso and upper arms should be considerably bulkier. But seems like im the only one with that opinion.
Bellhead wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 am Also, how do you see Sythe becoming Wolf King? Sure he's a diplomat and a soldier, and the nephew of the Grand Duke (for whatever that's worth), but he's currently listed as AWOL, a deserter, a traitor, and a human sympathizer. How would things happen that would put him on any throne?
By means of lots of death people:
Keidran and humans are currently at war. So i expect a significant number or wolven nobility to perish in the event. Moreover Trace and co are still trotting around the countryside causing mayhem. Back in the Basitin isles they almost caused the western goverment collapsed simply by the sheer amount of fatalities crazy Trace inflicted.
I suspect that by the time the comic ends there won't be many wolven nobles left specially none with Sythe diplomatic training. Which will let him climb the ranks. Besides he is asociated with powerfull people, even if he does not know it yet like the former Grand Templar wife, the future Grand Templar Raine, future "Human" queen Reni* and even knows people on the Basitin high command, and his pet is some sort of eldritch abomination. Sprinkle a couple sieges where he is able to save a lot of people to make him a popular war hero and who is going to say no to King Sythe?

*Yes i expect Reni to end up as Queen for similar reasons and Since i doubt Trace will want (or be allowed) to be Templar again Raine will eventually take up the remmants of the order and try to steer for the better. Keith is already a big hot shot so no problems there.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master

#4273 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:19 am
Bellhead wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 am That was mentioned in the stream, too. But I think those proportions match, as she's not based on a panther or a tiger, but rather a saber-toothed cat, which has those features.
Yeah i am the one who mentioned it there... If she is supposed to be a sabertooth=cat then her upper torso and upper arms should be considerably bulkier. But seems like im the only one with that opinion.
Protruding canines have evolved independently multiple times (and not just in felines). Machairodonts like smilodon had heavy torsos and short tails, but the weren't pantherines, and to the best of our knowledge, weren't striped. My guess is that the teeth a genetic variation developing again within the tiger keidran population, which is why they're similar in every other respect.
Bellhead wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 am Also, how do you see Sythe becoming Wolf King? Sure he's a diplomat and a soldier, and the nephew of the Grand Duke (for whatever that's worth), but he's currently listed as AWOL, a deserter, a traitor, and a human sympathizer. How would things happen that would put him on any throne?
The description called this sketch a "dark AU". I'm taking this to mean the world is similar to the Trek mirror universe.
The forest wolves have already conquered the snow wolves, foxes, and dogs; now they're going after the humans. Dark Sythe didn't side with team B, they're either dead, enslaved, or Raine teleported them out without him.
After returning victorious from the campaign, Sythe murdered his uncle, assumed his title, then declared himself emperor.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#4274 Post by Warrl »

[/quote]Protruding canines have evolved independently multiple times (and not just in felines).[/quote]

Sometimes in species you really wouldn't expect...

Spoiler!
There are actually 18 species of deer with tusks, all in southern and eastern Asia, plus seven other species (collectively, "musk deer") that look like primitive deer but are actually more closely related to cows. The supposition at this point is that a common ancestor of all deer had tusks and no antlers.

Tornir
Master

#4275 Post by Tornir »

Warrl wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:38 pm
Tornir wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:47 am Protruding canines have evolved independently multiple times (and not just in felines).
Sometimes in species you really wouldn't expect...

Actually, I would expect. :)
The UK has a thriving population of muntjac; I often see them when driving to/from work, and they even come into the office car park to eat the hedges.

ETA:

Laura and Fox Saria