Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Templar GrandMaster

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3976 Post by SpottedKitty »

Anyone else now having problems watching the recorded streams as well as the live streams? Live has been a bit iffy for me the last month or two, but I've just been trying to play Friday's stream and it's nothing but buffering swirlies. There's just the occasional catch-up when I see movement for a few seconds, then <clunk>.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Templar Master

#3977 Post by steelabjur »

SpottedKitty wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm
Anyone else now having problems watching the recorded streams as well as the live streams? Live has been a bit iffy for me the last month or two, but I've just been trying to play Friday's stream and it's nothing but buffering swirlies. There's just the occasional catch-up when I see movement for a few seconds, then <clunk>.
Are you going through the website or the phone app? The app has known issues, but I've never had issues on my PC with picarto.

Also, yesterday we had Evil Trace Observer of the first time Trace and Flora "got together". Needless to say, he didn't like the idea.

Templar GrandMaster
Favorite Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3978 Post by Hulk10 »

steelabjur wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 pm
SpottedKitty wrote:
Are you going through the website or the phone app? The app has known issues, but I've never had issues on my PC with picarto.

Also, yesterday we had Evil Trace Observer of the first time Trace and Flora "got together". Needless to say, he didn't like the idea.
I rather liked that pic. Flora is so cute.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Templar GrandMaster

#3979 Post by SpottedKitty »

steelabjur wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 pm
SpottedKitty wrote:
Are you going through the website or the phone app?
On the website. Playing a recorded stream seems to be a bit better today, FWIW.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Templar GrandMaster
Favorite Character: Her

#3980 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Twokids
Trace and Flora as kids
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Traveler
Favorite Character: Adira

#3981 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Twokids AU? Friggin' adorable.

I'm unfortunately neck-deep in my genderbend AU based on that one lake kiss image, but I can feel myself being pulled, tempted by the idea of creating an AU based off of that Twokids image...someone sanity check me before I make an awful choice xD
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Council Member

#3982 Post by Technic[Bot] »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm

I'm unfortunately neck-deep in my genderbend AU based on that one lake kiss image, but I can feel myself being pulled, tempted by the idea of creating an AU based off of that Twokids image...someone sanity check me before I make an awful choice xD
Honestly if Keidran lifespan were on par with humans the sketch would be quite possible.
You could have Trace and Flora be childhood friends who had grown apart when Flora managed to escape slavery while Trace keep rising as a Template.
Only to reunite decades later when Trace got his memory wiped clean.
Also given that situation those two could have been not only childhood friends but childhood sweethearts.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook

Templar GrandMaster
Favorite Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3983 Post by Hulk10 »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Oh how I love AU's especially the ones that suit me.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Council Member

#3984 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So a couple new sketches:
Remember when Fallout was good? Peppercorn ranch remembers.... Wait that is not how it goes.

We also have Nat Questioning George Lucas costume design while Nora indulges in playing the part. But I do wonder, what was going through Mr George mind when designing that, besides the obvious.

And finally another Good Morning Sketch, this time starring Maren:
You know after giving a good look to all these sketched i noticed something a bit weird:

I understand these sketches are meant to suggest the viewer just woke up and/or is leaving the bed/room and looking back. But with the exception of a couple of them, where the viewers is clearly still in bed. the positioning and angle are a bit off. The viewer is to far away from bed, to me it seems like he is arriving not leaving. Maybe he simply opened the wrong door or is peeping through the keyhole? But then the bed is terribly close the door and in most cases the room does not seem to have that weird configuration. On top of that the angle is too low. The viewer is either kneeling or sitting on the floor watching them sleep, a couple meters away from the bed....
Someone once wrote: Isn't it lovely to watch your loved one sleep? Oh wait she is waking up! To the window Quick!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook