Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3976 Post by SpottedKitty »

Anyone else now having problems watching the recorded streams as well as the live streams? Live has been a bit iffy for me the last month or two, but I've just been trying to play Friday's stream and it's nothing but buffering swirlies. There's just the occasional catch-up when I see movement for a few seconds, then <clunk>.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

steelabjur
Council Member

#3977 Post by steelabjur »

SpottedKitty wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm Anyone else now having problems watching the recorded streams as well as the live streams? Live has been a bit iffy for me the last month or two, but I've just been trying to play Friday's stream and it's nothing but buffering swirlies. There's just the occasional catch-up when I see movement for a few seconds, then <clunk>.
Are you going through the website or the phone app? The app has known issues, but I've never had issues on my PC with picarto.

Also, yesterday we had Evil Trace Observer of the first time Trace and Flora "got together". Needless to say, he didn't like the idea.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3978 Post by Hulk10 »

steelabjur wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 pm
SpottedKitty wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:59 pm Anyone else now having problems watching the recorded streams as well as the live streams? Live has been a bit iffy for me the last month or two, but I've just been trying to play Friday's stream and it's nothing but buffering swirlies. There's just the occasional catch-up when I see movement for a few seconds, then <clunk>.
Are you going through the website or the phone app? The app has known issues, but I've never had issues on my PC with picarto.

Also, yesterday we had Evil Trace Observer of the first time Trace and Flora "got together". Needless to say, he didn't like the idea.
I rather liked that pic. Flora is so cute.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3979 Post by SpottedKitty »

steelabjur wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:21 pm
Are you going through the website or the phone app?
On the website. Playing a recorded stream seems to be a bit better today, FWIW.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#3980 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Twokids
Trace and Flora as kids
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#3981 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Twokids AU? Friggin' adorable.

I'm unfortunately neck-deep in my genderbend AU based on that one lake kiss image, but I can feel myself being pulled, tempted by the idea of creating an AU based off of that Twokids image...someone sanity check me before I make an awful choice xD
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3982 Post by Technic[Bot] »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm Twokids AU? Friggin' adorable.

I'm unfortunately neck-deep in my genderbend AU based on that one lake kiss image, but I can feel myself being pulled, tempted by the idea of creating an AU based off of that Twokids image...someone sanity check me before I make an awful choice xD
Honestly if Keidran lifespan were on par with humans the sketch would be quite possible.
You could have Trace and Flora be childhood friends who had grown apart when Flora managed to escape slavery while Trace keep rising as a Template.
Only to reunite decades later when Trace got his memory wiped clean.
Also given that situation those two could have been not only childhood friends but childhood sweethearts.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3983 Post by Hulk10 »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:51 pm Twokids AU? Friggin' adorable.

Oh how I love AU's especially the ones that suit me.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3984 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So a couple new sketches:
Remember when Fallout was good? Peppercorn ranch remembers.... Wait that is not how it goes.

We also have Nat Questioning George Lucas costume design while Nora indulges in playing the part. But I do wonder, what was going through Mr George mind when designing that, besides the obvious.

And finally another Good Morning Sketch, this time starring Maren:
You know after giving a good look to all these sketched i noticed something a bit weird:

I understand these sketches are meant to suggest the viewer just woke up and/or is leaving the bed/room and looking back. But with the exception of a couple of them, where the viewers is clearly still in bed. the positioning and angle are a bit off. The viewer is to far away from bed, to me it seems like he is arriving not leaving. Maybe he simply opened the wrong door or is peeping through the keyhole? But then the bed is terribly close the door and in most cases the room does not seem to have that weird configuration. On top of that the angle is too low. The viewer is either kneeling or sitting on the floor watching them sleep, a couple meters away from the bed....
Someone once wrote: Isn't it lovely to watch your loved one sleep? Oh wait she is waking up! To the window Quick!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#3985 Post by steelabjur »

To catch the thread up, we have Slave Leia Outfit, Natani isn't amused, but Cat Nora is willing to give it a whirl! Hair Swap easily suggests a follow up. Clovis Lounges on a fainting couch with a strawberry while showing off his womanly wares. Lo-Fi Kat is clearly inspired by something. Finally Castle Crasher sees Sythe's castle destroyed by a terrible monster!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3986 Post by aitaituo »

steelabjur wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:27 am To catch the thread up, we have Slave Leia Outfit, Natani isn't amused, but Cat Nora is willing to give it a whirl! Hair Swap easily suggests a follow up. Clovis Lounges on a fainting couch with a strawberry while showing off his womanly wares. Lo-Fi Kat is clearly inspired by something. Finally Castle Crasher sees Sythe's castle destroyed by a terrible monster!
What is Lo-Fi Kat inspired by? Some brand I've never heard of that specializes in poor quality electronics?

steelabjur
Council Member

#3987 Post by steelabjur »

aitaituo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:20 pm
steelabjur wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:27 am To catch the thread up, we have Slave Leia Outfit, Natani isn't amused, but Cat Nora is willing to give it a whirl! Hair Swap easily suggests a follow up. Clovis Lounges on a fainting couch with a strawberry while showing off his womanly wares. Lo-Fi Kat is clearly inspired by something. Finally Castle Crasher sees Sythe's castle destroyed by a terrible monster!
What is Lo-Fi Kat inspired by? Some brand I've never heard of that specializes in poor quality electronics?
Youtube "Low-fi hip hop" ;)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3988 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Just adding these for proper archival.

I am pretty sure Tom wanted this to look cute but... I dunno i find it scary: Hybryd Basitin-Wolf. Looks like those mogway from the gremlins movies.

And Laura and Kat, also Nora and Adira. On a modern supermarket: The Squirrelmart . I love the modern scenes and the way Toms draws modern clothing too. not entirely sure why yet. Also it is telling I am getting older when the first thing i thought when seeing that was: "You should not eat that much junk food misses, it is not good for you!" The second thought i had was how I could not eat that without getting a severe case of gastritis....
Juventud divino tesoro
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3989 Post by Technic[Bot] »

And today we have Rose's Human Form

What I find most interesting is:
Rose wrote:It is Real! Well... Mostly on the outside
I Hope sometimes we get an explanation about how exactly transformation magic works and what is the difference between the perfect transformation of Raine and her father, besides apparently costing 0 mana, Rose's not so perfect transformation, Trace's imperfect transformation and dragon magic....

***Sorry for the double post, i forgot the previous entry is also mine***
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3990 Post by BadFoMo »

I don't know why someone wanted Laura as the Grand Templar, but this is starting to look interesting. Also, 2 things; 1. I'd like to know Flora and Kathrin's backstories in this AU. 2. I am reminded of the 'Den' story from 'Heavy Metal'.

There's just something about the Modern AU (maybe same Universe? [I'll get back to that in a bit]) that's fascinating to me.

It's sweet. I like this. ...That's all I have.

Inb4 She's reading the story of the The Furious Little Cinnamon Bun?

[Battery runs out of power soon after they get back to Laura and Kathrin's place. Willow falls to her knees and has a 'happy drunk' look on her face.]
Laura: Willow? Willow! Are you alright?!
Willow: Uhg, Magic brick thing-y no work now.
Laura: Oh, battery went dead; come with me.
[Laura helps Willow up and pulls her to another room.]
Willow; Oooh! I can see myself in the blackness!
[Laura plugs the phone into the charger.]
Laura: There we go.
Willow: Ah! I'm back! (sigh) What would I do without a friend like you?
Laura: ...Probably what you did before you met me.
Willow: Yeah. ...You remind me of an old friend I use to have.
Laura: They have to charge you up sometimes too?
Willow: Na, this was centuries ago; back when I used a lantern. I can just barely remember those days now. My friend was another Spirit; she was a Fox Keidran like you now that I think about it.
Laura: What happened to her? I mean, where is she now?
Willow: She moved on. She missed her old friends and family. She didn't want to abandon me, but I told her I'd be fine.
Laura: I'm sorry.
Willow: But, that's all- ...Say that again.
Laura: Uh, I'm sorry?
Willow: ...Y-you sounded exactly like her just now. I think her name was...
Laura: What's going-?
Willow: You told me you have an ex-boyfriend! What was his name?!
Laura: Uh, Keith. What does-
Willow: He's dating someone else now! What's her name?!
Laura: Uh, Natani I think. but she likes being called a-
[Laura and Kathrin's cat takes interest in the conversation.]
Willow: They're friends with two others! A Human and a Tiger! What are their name's?!
Laura: How did you know-?
Willow: What are their names?!
Laura: I know they told me once; uh... Flora and Trace! That was it! What's going on, Willow?
[Laura and Kathrin's cat takes great interest in the name 'Trace'.]
Willow: This has all happened before!
Laura: What are you talking about?
Willow: My friend had an ex-fiancé; a Basitin named Keith. He fell in love with a Wolf named Natani. They were traveling with a Tiger named Flora and a Human named Trace.
Laura: Really?
Willow: My friend; her name was Laura! I think you're her! Back from the dead! You're ALL back from the dead!
Laura: I-if this is all true, then why?
Willow: That's the part that scares me. I don't know.
Nora: (thinking to herself) That scares me a little too.

...That's all I got.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!