Master

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3196 Post by steelabjur » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:20 am

Technic[Bot] wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 am
MuonNeutrino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Ikea Masters

In today's sketch, Natani and Zen have some reality-warping non-euclidean fun (mis)assembling some ikea furniture! This is definitely one of my favorite sketches of all time; I haven't laughed as hard as I did while watching this be drawn in weeks. :D
That is funny. There is no IKEA in my country but for some weird reason i had to assemble a couple of IKEA beds and cupboards this June. It struck me as "not that hard".
In any case the duo seemed to have assembled the house sideways...
IKEA has a poor reputation mostly due to the use of chipboard and plywood, which saves on cost and weight but doesn't hold up to regular use after a few years because the screw and peg holes will eventually work themselves open and compromise the structural integrity of the furniture.
In this case however, the situation is probably due to the fact that the Magi Brothers can't read, so couldn't follow the "insert Tab A into Slot B". :P

Master

#3197 Post by Ddraig » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am

steelabjur wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:20 am
Technic[Bot] wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:25 am
MuonNeutrino wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm
Ikea Masters

In today's sketch, Natani and Zen have some reality-warping non-euclidean fun (mis)assembling some ikea furniture! This is definitely one of my favorite sketches of all time; I haven't laughed as hard as I did while watching this be drawn in weeks. :D
That is funny. There is no IKEA in my country but for some weird reason i had to assemble a couple of IKEA beds and cupboards this June. It struck me as "not that hard".
In any case the duo seemed to have assembled the house sideways...
IKEA has a poor reputation mostly due to the use of chipboard and plywood, which saves on cost and weight but doesn't hold up to regular use after a few years because the screw and peg holes will eventually work themselves open and compromise the structural integrity of the furniture.
In this case however, the situation is probably due to the fact that the Magi Brothers can't read, so couldn't follow the "insert Tab A into Slot B". :P
I think you mean particleboard vice plywood but it does tend to be cheaper materials. Ikea's 'reputation' (quotes just because it's more a running joke) is that anything from Ikea is very difficult to put together correctly and/or had missing/extra pieces.

The things I've actually gotten from Ikea have been a somewhat complex assembly, but had very good instructions once I'd figured out the scheme and came with lots of spare screws/dowels/etc in a separate bag. Tbh I think it comes from people tossing the instructions immediately and assuming they can figure it out. Their instructions (at least for what I got) didn't even require reading, just match the symbols on the bag to the one on the chart to make sure you had the right piece (not just one that looked right)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Weaver of Tales

#3198 Post by tony1695 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Ddraig wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am
The things I've actually gotten from Ikea have been a somewhat complex assembly, but had very good instructions once I'd figured out the scheme and came with lots of spare screws/dowels/etc in a separate bag. Tbh I think it comes from people tossing the instructions immediately and assuming they can figure it out. Their instructions (at least for what I got) didn't even require reading, just match the symbols on the bag to the one on the chart to make sure you had the right piece (not just one that looked right)
My bad Ikea experiences have all been from screw holes being maybe half to a full centimeter off from where they should be, requiring brute force or a power drill to make a hole in the right place.

Anyway, on to today's sketch, Clumsy Ghost Laura! And the DA link, because Tom made this much a good deal lewder than I had envisioned the whole thing.
And Natani asking the important question, how does a ghost trip?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Templar GrandMaster

#3199 Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Its honestly kinda cute. I miss fluffy little Laura.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Master

#3200 Post by steelabjur » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 am

tony1695 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:23 pm
Ddraig wrote:
My bad Ikea experiences have all been from screw holes being maybe half to a full centimeter off from where they should be, requiring brute force or a power drill to make a hole in the right place.

Anyway, on to today's sketch, Clumsy Ghost Laura! And the DA link, because Tom made this much a good deal lewder than I had envisioned the whole thing.
Given the presence of Young!Tani and Zen, Natani's head must be pretty crowded in this. ;)
Also, I think the real important question is, If Laura!Tani got freaky with Keith, would it count as an orgy? S:P

Grand Templar

#3201 Post by jacobc62 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:46 am

steelabjur wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 am
tony1695 wrote:
Ddraig wrote:

Given the presence of Young!Tani and Zen, Natani's head must be pretty crowded in this. ;)
Also, I think the real important question is, If Laura!Tani got freaky with Keith, would it count as an orgy? S:P
Well let's see.... You have Keith and Natani... Then you have Zen, Young!Natani, and Laura.... Clovis should he regain access to his backdoor entrance to Zen and Nat's link......... Anyone else we could see being thrown into the dog-pile.......? S:P
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Templar GrandMaster

#3202 Post by Hulk10 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:09 am

Laura falling into Natani is pretty funny. :flora:

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Council Member

#3203 Post by SpottedKitty » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 am

Lightice wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 am
SpottedKitty wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:53 am
Quick question about the shuffled-to-DA sketches and colourings — are they shrunk a bit compared to the originals still up on Patreon? The last couple seem to be about 2/3 to 3/4 the average size of the ones I've seen before.
Nope. Click the Download-button on the upper right to see the pictures in full res, which is exactly the same as Patreon's. On the other hand, on Patreon it's possible to sometimes get an automatic upscale, which is not the original res, if you're not careful.
Great, thanks! Been on DA for years and never noticed the click-to-enlarge max size doesn't necessarily match the pixel dimensions on the Download button.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

New Citizen

#3204 Post by Shockwave07 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:03 am

jacobc62 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:46 am
steelabjur wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 am
tony1695 wrote:
Ddraig wrote:

Well let's see.... You have Keith and Natani... Then you have Zen, Young!Natani, and Laura.... Clovis should he regain access to his backdoor entrance to Zen and Nat's link......... Anyone else we could see being thrown into the dog-pile.......? S:P
Our dragons Nora, past-Nora, and Reni? XD

Citizen

#3205 Post by Eclipse » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Toss Ghost Laura in the "Sketches I wish were canon" pile. Right along with anthro Nibbly.

Master

#3206 Post by Neptune » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Eclipse wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:39 pm
Toss Ghost Laura in the "Sketches I wish were canon" pile. Right along with anthro Nibbly.
Real talk, I wish that squirrel actually died when Carver threw her on that tree. No sympathy.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Not-so-Veteran

#3207 Post by ThunderVolt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Natani showering the right way.

I'm sure this is a sequel, no?

Master

#3208 Post by NuclearBird » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:52 pm

That hungover part is so spot on, the only thing missing is the quickly filling bucket holding the vomit.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Weaver of Tales

#3209 Post by tony1695 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Lightsaber Battle!
Of course Clovis has a red saber, the character's a great fit for the Sith mentality.
Natani, though, is a bit too morally grey for a traditional Jedi. The Gray Jedi were a thing though.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Templar GrandMaster

#3210 Post by Hulk10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm

tony1695 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Lightsaber Battle!
Of course Clovis has a red saber, the character's a great fit for the Sith mentality.
Natani, though, is a bit too morally grey for a traditional Jedi. The Gray Jedi were a thing though.
Trace would be good for an Anakin style lightsaber.