Jedi's Tabletop RPG - Mage: The Ascension

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

Jedi's Tabletop RPG - Mage: The Ascension

#1 Post by JediGuy »

I've been on a role playing game kick for a while, yearning for the days of yore when I was but a lowly college student gathered with friends, casting dice 'round a table. I have launched a few games to try and fill that void to some success, mostly with friends. Still, there are certain things that I can't play with friends, such as experiencing and surprising them with things of the setting I enjoy, since they're already an engrained part of it.

That's where this comes in. I'm calling out to see if anyone has similar interest in a good old fashioned game, played most likely over Roll 20.

Primarily, I'm looking for players interested in partaking in White Wolf's World of Darkness line. That's one of the reasons I chose to make this thread here before expanding to the normal RP board - while not necessarily 18+, most of the themes are mature and disturbing in some way. It would be WoD without them.

This will be first-come, first serve, and my good number to aim at is about 4-5 players. If more show interest, I'll think about expanding. Currently, we stand at 3 players saying they've got interest, so I'm looking for 1-2 more at the moment.

Some info: I've been GMing for about 10 years now, and enjoy it immensely. I'm looking to host games maybe twice a month as schedules allow. Additionally, I don't care if you've never played the system (or even an actual RPG game) before. Newbies are always welcome, and I have ways to help incorporate you all.

Lastly, I'm going to be playing out of what's known as Old / Classic World of Darkness, since I'm not a big fan of their reboot.

We'll be playing a Mage: The Ascension game.
If this REALLY blows up, I may run competing campaigns, possibly in the other WoD gamelines (Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Vampire: The Masquerade.)

Let your voice be heard!
~Jedi
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

Re: Jedi's Tabletop RPG - Mage: The Ascension

#2 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Um dont want to be a buzz kill but this needs to go under the OOC section to be a regular rp. The mods may say the same but im unsure atm.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

Absolutely count me in. I've been hankering for a chance to try out a WoD system, and I've been leaning more towards tabletops over forum games as of late. I haven't used WoD before, but I've played Palladium Rifts Anima: Beyond Fantasy, so I'm not unfamiliar with tabletops. Plus, I'm beginning school again soon, so I ironically have consistent free time.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#4 Post by JediGuy »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Um dont want to be a buzz kill but this needs to go under the OOC section to be a regular rp. The mods may say the same but im unsure atm.
I totally derp 'd; good call on that. Fixing it post-haste.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.