HDMI cord and a Wii U

For tech wizards and n00bs alike. Questions, answers, or just general hoo-haa.

Moderator: Moderators

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: HDMI cord and a Wii U

#1 Post by Vintage »

That's really strange. I haven't heard of an HDMI cable carrying an ethernet signal, but apparently as of version 1.4 they do. If you're only linking your TV to your console I don't really see how that could interfere with your internet connection. However, if the TK website is the only one that isn't loading, that seems to suggest either a problem with the browser and/or the internet connection being used by the console itself. Even though you said you did tests, there's probably a hidden variable that's causing the problems to happen.

I'm definitely not an expert, so this is just what I'm gathering.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#2 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I was reading more into the HDMI Ethernet thing. All it does is that if your TV is connected to the internet, you don't need to connect devices that are hooked up to the TV by HDMI. If the Wii U does have such cable, and the required port, then I think it would be a problem with the TV, if it's a smart TV.

Maybe you had bad luck and were trying to connect to the forums while they're down? They're down somewhat often.

Samantaz
Master

#3 Post by Samantaz »

ThunderVolt wrote:Well, when I connected the Wii U to Wi-Fi, set up a Nintendo Network ID, set up the Wii U's Internet Browser, and tried to get on the TwoKinds website, it worked fine. But when we recently acquired a new TV, I finally was able to hook up the Wii U to the TV with the HDMI cord. But when I tried to get on the TwoKinds website again, it gave me an error.
TheWMM wrote:That's really strange. I haven't heard of an HDMI cable carrying an ethernet signal, but apparently as of version 1.4 they do.
I don't understand something : when you switched to HDMI, your WiiU was still in Wi-Fi, or was getting the internet connection from your TV ?
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by SirSlaughter »

unless your devices support the new HDMI standard and will support the Internet signals coming from it such as the PS4 accepting Internet from the power socket, then your internet should not be going wacky for any reason. Key words "Should not". So I could be wrong as technology is weird like that.

Last time I checked the WiiU was not a device with such capabilities but the PS4 was able to use internet that was carried through your power lines.