The Daily Beasts (open)

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: avwolf

Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1081 Post by DarkTheImmortal » Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 am

Phaing wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:43 am
Oh, yeah... fleas. Well, that's just how it is, take the good with the bad and leave your pride at the door. This is survival, after all.
The Rookie wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm
”<Yeah... No thanks...>” Sylvi mumbles; shuttering at the sight of the sleeping arraignments. Not just because of the men, but the fleas...

Instead, Sylvi propositions that the girls go find their own corner to rest the night. Between their warm coats, a blanket, and keeping snuggled together; Sylvi and Ana should be able to generate enough heat between them to keep warm; and Rita would certainly be welcome between them.

Assuming Raimius stands guard the first half of the night, Sylvi will relieve him half way through, allowing him to get some kip as well.
(everything is just about wrapped up for Ana for the in-game day, not much to respond to as James is talking to Sylvi in the middle of the night.)

"<yeah, not doing fleas.>" Anaraia is going to have to at least support Sylvi's plan if others are against it. Fleas suck for keidran. Imagine having chicken pox that don't easily go away.
"If we have a fire lit for a small while it may help us keep warm through the night as well." She suggested. "That is if we are going separate."

Master

#1082 Post by Phaing » Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 am

The Rookie wrote:
“Lastly; although this one is really up to chance. A large pillar of smoke will certainly draw attention from miles away; be it Templar, civilians or more wild beast. It’s not a gamble I’d be willing to take.”
Oh yeah, that does the trick!
Some prisoners had an argument for all of her points except that one.
Everyone will remember what drew them here in the first place; a trash-fire. Unlike every other predator that people have heard of before, these damn things seem to be attracted to fire & smoke.
The Rookie wrote:
“If we kill these things, then we’d be free to roam around the complex however we please. Scavenge anything and everything not nailed down, and then heading off whenever we felt like.” she begins tapping on the stone map with her stick, then drawing the line the group would have to take with the toboggan escape plans. “See, even if we do this like we first planned, that doesn’t leave any time for us to loot the surrounding buildings. We’d have to take the ground running, and not stop till Mask knows when just to survive.”
Now that is a new take on it, (even for me!) since everyone had been thinking in terms of a pell-mell escape of one kind or another. An apocalyptic battle to the death is an idea that is actually putting smiles on some faces, and they sleep more soundly than would have been the case otherwise.
Yes, weird, but that is how it is, sometimes.
Like I said, they are all trained soldiers...
The Rookie wrote:
((OOC: Don't worry, just post when you can. Me,I check this place maybe 3 times a day, so I'll usually have something up within a day, but don't let that pressure you guys. S:P ))
((Thanks, I have about another 2 weeks of madness to go, and may need another after that to get my head straight. It isn't just being tired, it is how being that way sucks the creative juices right out of you))
Lief wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:49 pm
((Hard to make an entrance right now but I did my best.))
Nicely done, and welcome to the game!
However.... I can't think of a way to get any NPC interaction there. Raimius is so tired he may be hard to wake and the rest of the guys don't really care what you are up to.
Oh, I know!

Rita seemed to be asleep, but she holds out a hand for the scarf. "Thankie sah, I don't care if it is full of spiders, so cold." And a little absurdly, she wraps it around her feet.
Raimius made everyone take their boots off to go to sleep. Human feet don't do very well if they are bound up in damp leather all the time. "Which one are you?"
Odd girl, her accent seems to shift back and forth between country bumpkin and something a bit more sophisticated.
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 am
"<yeah, not doing fleas.>" Anaraia is going to have to at least support Sylvi's plan if others are against it. Fleas suck for keidran. Imagine having chicken pox that don't easily go away.
"If we have a fire lit for a small while it may help us keep warm through the night as well." She suggested. "That is if we are going separate."
Lamps can provide a surprising amount of heat, but you don't have any way to trapping much of it here. This must have been a vile place to be cooped-up in for months or years at a time.

Rita is hugged right up next to Annaria for warmth, so you may have heard what Rita just said.... I leave that open for a little back & forth with the new guy before the Battle begins.

The next day, as they are getting themselves fired up for the fight that is coming, some of the men start chanting and it sounds like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGX33Lv2sU
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Grand Templar

#1083 Post by The Rookie » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am

At the changing of the guard, Sylvi gives Raimius a peck upon his cheek. “Get some rest, luv.” she whispers, as she shuffles to her feet.

She takes up a position just alongside the open window, leaning her prized spear against the stone wall as she settles in to watch over the pile of miscreants for the next several hours. Though, it’s not long before she spies one of the dark figurers stirring awake...
Lief wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:49 pm
James intentionally left his makeshift weapon back where he had been sleeping, and although not making much noise opted to step up in line with her outside of arm's reach.
Though unarmed, Sylvi doesn’t take too kindly to the stranger approaching in the dead of night. She slowly reaches for her weapon as James drew ever closer; which begins to hum with a light cyan glow once she wraps her fingers around its shaft.

She doesn’t go as far as to pull the weapon on the stranger, just yet. Just wanting to get the message across she wasn’t quite as helpless as he may imagine.
“Can I help you?” she ask bluntly.
Lief wrote:"Pardon, ma'am." His voice was unnaturally rough, causing him to pause and clear his throat. When he continues his voice is much smoother. "The little one," he gestures towards Rita, "is she staying warm enough? It's not the warmest, but she can have my scarf if she needs it. Miraculously, it's clean and free of fleas."
She lets out a startled “Oh?” as she loosens her grip on her weapon; it’s light fading away not long after. “Umm.. I mean, it’s hard to say. I certainly don’t want to risk waking her to find ou-”
Phaing wrote: Rita seemed to be asleep, but she holds out a hand for the scarf. "Thankie sah, I don't care if it is full of spiders, so cold." And a little absurdly, she wraps it around her feet.
Raimius made everyone take their boots off to go to sleep. Human feet don't do very well if they are bound up in damp leather all the time. "Which one are you?"
Odd girl, her accent seems to shift back and forth between country bumpkin and something a bit more sophisticated.
Sylvi pinches at the bridge of her snout as Rita’s hand pops up unexpectedly; letting out a deep sigh. “I guess that answers that...”
Lief wrote: After offering his scarf he goes quiet for a while, simply keeping an eye out.
"Thanks for this, by the way."
Somewhat less on edge, Sylvi begins to relax a little, though James will notice she’s slipped one hand within her pockets. She offers James a place to join her, at two meters distance mind you.

“What for?” she ask perplexed, “I haven’t done anything yet... Just been throwing around ideas until something stuck...”
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.