Alternate Twokinds World RP

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Alternate Twokinds World RP

#91 Post by Stryder221 »

It didn't take long for the siblings to catch up, even at the slow pace they were going.
However, it was quickly apparent that neither of them had appreciated Moon running off even for a brief moment. For different reasons, though.

"No, sister, I'm not going to shock him for this." "He rushed off, unattended, going against our orders. That is deserving of punishment."
"Look, this might just be the last day he has any sort of freedom; The least I can give him is a little slack before the axe threatens to come down." "Bah..."

Soon enough, Oalei's hand found it's way onto Moon's shoulder, gently yet firmly steering him in the direction of the inn.
"<Wolves not safe. Humans twitchy. Very dangerous alone.>" He had muttered in quick but somewhat broken Keidran.

Lorym, however, only shook her head in disdain upon hearing her brother's Keidran.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#92 Post by Hotep the psychic »

valkeryie returned to the merchant "the craftmanship is good however ive seen better bows, next time try not to confuse the top with the bottom of the bow and recenter the handle the draw strength is strong because of this and not many will use them" valkeryie explained as she unstrung the bow and hung it back where she found it, then turning to face lucian whod probably be the only one to tell she was smiling under her hood she walked out and joined his side with a faint sway in her hips as the cloak seemed to move side to side "hello again lucian, enjoy the little display?...whats happening now?" she asked

Lucian leant against a wall next to the merchant’s stall and watched as Valkeryie spoke with the merchant about the finer details of a bow’s design. While the crowd was whispering amongst themselves about the Vixen marksman, Lucian was more interested in how passionately she spoke about the bow’s craft. There was something uplifting he felt listening to Valkeryie go on about the bow’s faults, its strengths and a number of suggestions for how the bowyer could improve his work. There was a spark there for the vixen; clearly archery was more than just a hobby or a skill for her.

"Hello again lucian, enjoy the little display?" Valkeryie joyfully asked.

I’d say. I don’t think I’ve seen many archers who can pull off what you just did. Aside from myself of course” Lucian joked, a foolish grin on his face.

Whats happening now? Valkeryie asked.

I have an idea, but we've got to be quick.” Lucian pulled his hood up, covering most of his head. “How about we take off? I’m sure Oalei wouldn't mind since he knows where we’ll be, but I’d rather not ask unless we want to get into another shouting match with colossus over there.

Valkeryie giggled some as she nudged lucian "Sly fox.... Planning to cause some trouble with me? Naughty naughty todd" Valkeryie joked as she adjusted her cloak some "But it sounds like fun so why not, let's go." she said after as she moved away form everyone with lucian at her side

Lucian faked a hurt expression “Me? Trouble? Never.” followed by a short laugh. “Come on, we use the crowd to blend in. We just need to get around the corner and we’ll be home free.” Lucian grabbed Valkeryie’s hand, leading her into the densest part of the crowd that had broken away. "Try to keep up."

Valkeryie blushed as her hand was grabbed but soon was literally jerked out as lucian dodged people. valkeryie struggled to keep up some before she gained a better focus. "Try to keep up" she heard before growling some as she appeared at lucians side "Come now you're lucky I have to follow you otherwise you'd be having to keep up with me" valkeryie joked some in reply.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

MoonSticks
Master

#93 Post by MoonSticks »

Moon was pushed in the direction of the inn. Watching lucian and valkyrie walk away in the other direction Moon sighed to himself, he would sooner have stuck around other keidran.

Walking forward, he saw the inn with the sign 'Taverndatter Inn'.

He looked to the two templar s-so is this the place? he asked looking between the two, not sure which of them would reply between them both.
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#94 Post by The Rookie »

The foxes hurried through the crowd, before ducking around the corner of the street. Resting with his back against the corner wall, Lucian poked his head out to see whether the Templar were following, but they seemed too busy chatting amongst themselves to notice the pair had vanished.

Lucian turned back to Valkeryie “Ok, I think we’re in the clear.” he said, removing his hood. “We can take it easy now if you’d like.”. Lucian pointed to a small sigh hanging from a post “Blacksmith 50ft” was written on it.“See that? Just a little bit further and we can eat.” Lucian lightly tapped the bag of fish, before he offered his hand out to Valkeryie. “I promise not to tug so hard this time.” he said with a soft chuckle.

Valkeryie giggled some from Lucian’s comment before wrapping her arms around his "It does sound nice, but you know it’s ok to be rough with a girl every once in awhile" she commented as she followed Lucian easily.

Lucian was caught a little off guard, he wasn’t quite expecting that response, not that he was complaining. “I’ll try to keep that in mind, Val.” He said, trying to hold back his own blush as he looked down to the vixen on his arm.
It was only a short walk before they arrived at Lucian’s place. The blacksmith across the street was closed for the day, but the air still carried the faint sent of smoke. “This is it.” Lucian said pointing the second story of the house. “It’s not much, but its home.

The house seemed fairly plain aside from Lucian’s person affects. It was made from dark wooden planks, with a title roof. Lucian’s herb box hung from the windowsill, it was only a small box and was surrounded by smaller pots held by wire frames. Each pot contained different kinds of flowers, each sporting strong vibrant shades of reds, purples and yellows.

The bottom story belonged to the smith. There wasn’t much down there other than items and equipment being held in storage for the smith across the way, but Lucian was allowed to practice his skills there whenever he felt like. He had everything he’d need to work, except the forge itself.

Lucian pulled a key out from his pocket and unlocked the front door. “Wait here a moment” Lucian ask Val as he stepped inside.
Lucian opened the room’s window shutters allowing the outside light to flood into the room. “Ok, come in. Just watch your step”. As Valkeryie entered, she saw the well organised mess that was Lucian’s life. The walls of the room where adorned with blue prints and hanging racks, each baring a weapon or tool is various states of repair. Surrounding her were about half a dozen benches, each pressed against the wall and holding all manner of smithing tools, decorative shields and armour. In the centre of the room stood Lucian, standing in an empty 4 by 4 metre space surrounding one of the building’s main supports. His arms were open toward Valkeryie as he looked around. “So yeah, this is where I work. What do think?

Valkeryie waited until she heard Lucian say it was ok to enter. the smell of smoke seemed natural to her seeing he was the apprentice to one. she looked about a bit sad seeing so much items in disrepair and little care from their owners. Especially the iron armour she saw on the wall. Valkeryie then walked about soon stopping at the different armours as she looked at each of them before seeing the unfinished one that hung on the wall. "I think its beautiful seeing you're a strong, handsome, and smart.....I mean I think it’s ok that you’re a blacksmith, it makes me a bit sad to see such good equipment go to waste." she said as she went about more to explore he home spotting all the little things.

Well that’s why I’m here. Someone has to get this stuff back in fighting order.” Lucian said, a sense of pride in his voice.
Usually the room would be filled mostly with tools and building materials, like pickaxes and horseshoes.” Lucian picked up a dinted helmet that was sitting on a table near by “But with this business with the wolves things have changed a little.” His quiet voice trailed off. “Anyway, every piece I fix up for the guard I feel a little safer.” He placed the helmet back down, heading toward the stairs in the back of the room.

Anyway, enough about that, I’m sure you’re starving.” Lucian beckoned Valkeryie to join him as he climbed the stairs. “I’ll show you the rest.

Valkeryie arrived at the top of the stairs to see Lucian’s room. It was smaller than the floor downstairs, but Lucian made the most of his space.

The room served as a both the bedroom and the kitchen, with ample space being dedicated to each. The kitchen reflected Lucian’s workshop perfectly, and organised mess. There were two hand written cook books sprawled open on a counter which sat alongside the left wall. In the centre was a small oven which doubled as a stove top and fireplace, with a large vent above it for the smoke to escape. Above the counter on either side of the vent was a pair of shelves, each holding jars of herbs and spices.

On the other side of the room was Lucian’s bed; a simple cot with a straw stuffed mattress, pillow and woollen blanket. A the end toward the window was a small desk covered in papers, mostly drawings of blueprints, but there were a few pictures of plants with various notes scribbled around them.

In the centre of the room sat a small wooden table with some chairs sitting by the window looking out into the town.
Lucian placed his back pack, bow and hatchet on the bed as he untied his cloak. “I hope you don’t mind. It just gets a bit warm in here while cooking” asking Valkeryie as she stood near the top of the stairs.

Valkeryie slowly made her way upstairs as she looked around her eyes scanning the entirety of the small cot, the whole house was more than she’d ever have and it made her somewhat jealous but then again her home was about the same in size just different. She smiled as she saw Lucian set his belongings down, "I hope you don’t mind if I set my belongings aside then as well?" Valkeryie said as she slowly began removing her cloak to show her leather and cloth armour her tail swaying freely now, she then folded the cloak and set it neatly on the bed before removing all her leather and her gear leaving her in her green cloth clothes with no boots or gloves. The look only seemed to show her more feminine curves more as she turned towards Lucian. "Hmmmm it feels good to get all that gear off. Thank you again Mister Lucian" she said.

Please, just Lucian thanks.” Lucian said as he balled his cloak up into a ball and threw it on the bed “And no worries, please make yourself at home.

Lucian quickly sorted his books on the counter, making room for him to prepare his dish. Placing a few bowls and boards out on the counter before he started organising the ingredients. Lucian turned to Valkeryie, about to explain the evening’s menu “Now I was thinking pan fried trout, with a light herb and salt crust. After that mayb..” Lucian froze a second as he caught a glimpse of Valkeryie, now out of her armour. “Wow, umm... You look.. Stunning.” he whispered to himself, admittedly louder than he thought because Valkeryie’s ears flicked slightly and she was blushing again.

Seeing that she heard, Lucain suddenly became rather flustered. “Right! Umm” Lucian said, in a high and broken voice, struggling to regain control of his pitch. “I was thinking maybe a blended peaches and cream for dessert.” parrying around on the spot to face away from Valkeryie, feeling embarised for himself “How does that sound?

Valkeryie did find herself blushing at the comment and used her tail to try and hide herself from blushing and calm herself as she heard what Lucian was going to cook, "That sounds wonderful Lucian, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it." she said as she moved over and hugged Lucian from behind while he worked "You're such a kind and handsome fox Lucian" she said.

Lucian gently unbound Valkeryie's hands, allowing him to turn to face her. Lucian smiled as he stroked the back of his index finger across Valkeryie's cheek before sliding it under her chin. Lucian's eyes were fixated on Valkeryie's, admiring their golden tinge in the light. "Val..." His voice was quiet and silky He leant in a little closer, lifting Valkeryie's chin slightly "May I ?"

Valkeryie was a bit in her own world as she felt Lucian’s finger run across her cheek and soon was staring into those loving deep sea blue eyes of his. she was easily lost in them until she leant close towards Lucian before breaking away just before their lips touched her face was redder than a tomato and she walked away some. Shaking and embarrassed "I’m sorry but....not yet" she answered.

Hey, it’s ok. I’d hate to make you do anything you’re uncomfortable with.” Lucian gently lifted her hand to his lips, placing a small peck on the back of her hand. “Now how about get our food ready?” Lucian said with his usual smile.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#95 Post by Stryder221 »

"No Keidran..." Oalei read aloud from a sign near the Inn. "Yeah, definitely looks like it. Don't worry, you should be fine so long as you're with us. Owners are pretty friendly with us Templar, last I heard; won't ask many questions, if any at all."

"In other words, reasonable."

"Well, that's one way to put it." The younger Templar said with a shrug. "Just stay close. I've heard of this other red-haired guy that may or may not hang out around here, too; gets a fair bit rowdy, especially with Keidran. I think he was with Templar at some point, as well, but I don't really recall how that went, nor can I remember his name. "

Hand still on the Keidran's shoulder, Oalei nodded to his sister, who proceeded to open the door on his behalf. "Just relax. This shouldn't take long..."
As he stepped through, Lorym hesitated for a moment, glaring at nothing in particular out on the busy street.

"If they don't show up in the next ten minutes..." She had growled to herself, before following her brother indoors.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

allymender

#96 Post by allymender »

Ignatius was sitting somewhere in the back of the inn, when he heard the door open. He looked up to see who it was, and saw the wolf keidran, the giant, and the other human. Before giving a short glare at the giant, he returned to his cup of coffee, a small pouch of gold next to him. He beckoned the group toward where he was sitting, before saying, "I guess some of you accepted the offer to keep following me, huh? And since when were keidran allowed in here?
"If I can't be the best, I sure as hell can be the worst."
~Jontron 2012

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NTVq5bgoYE0
^ I love this song, and pretty much every other song in the game's soundtrack.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#97 Post by The Rookie »

The scent of lemon, salt and cooked fish had engulfed the room as Lucian prepared the meal for his guest with a steady hand. Lucian traced his finger down one of the fish fillets before razing it to his mouth to taste. “Perfect” he said. “Ok, they’re ready” calling out to Valkeryie.

Lucian lifted the filets out of the pan and placed each gently on a plate. “One final touch” Lucian muttered as he walked over to his herb box, plucking a few leaves from what appeared to be red rosemary. He scattered the leaves over each fillet, before carrying the plates over to the table. “Here you go.” Lucian said placing the dish down in front of Valkeryie. “What do you think?”

Valkeryie sat at the table reading a book when she was greeted by Lucian and food. She smiled as she smelled the food only urging her body to make her mouth water with hunger. She set the book aside as she looked at the food "Mmmm it looks wonderful" she said as she grabbed the cutlery and cut a piece of fish to try. "MMMMM its delicious!" she said as her tail swayed quickly in delight. "Its been such a long time since i tasted something this good" Valkeryie said as she then thanked Lucian for cooking then saying a prayer before eating regularly.

"My pleasure." Lucian said with a proud smirk. "Now I've got one last surprise." He said, before returning to the counter. He knelt down, searching for something hidden in the back of a cabinet. "Here it is." standing with a wine bottle in his hands. "I got this from a travelling tiger merchant a few weeks back, but I haven't had a chance to try it for myself." Lucian went to grab a pair of cups but unfortunately all he had available was a small wooden mug and a metal tankard.
"It's white wine from the Eastern Jungle tribe. It's not quite as potent as the human stuff, but that just means we can enjoy the flavour without worrying about getting too carried away." Lucian said, pouring the wine into each cup before placing them both on the table, along with the bottle. "Sorry I haven't got any proper glass." He said raising the tankard "Cheers"

Valkeryie smirked and waited a moment to let Lucian fill her mug some with the white wine she waved it under her nose to smell it before tasting some. "Hmmm so your a man a blacksmith and a trader.....my my my aren't you a talented one...cheers" she said raising her mug before drinking some of the wine and continuing to eat. "I dabble." Lucian smirked before taking a sip of his wine. "I still haven't mastered the lute yet" gesturing to an old dusty lute sitting in the corner, complete with a broken string and a small spider web.

"You know Lucian your probably the only other fox I’ve seen in my life. This is a lovely dinner and I’m having a wonderful time with you" she said as she continued to eat

"Really?" Lucian asked, unable to hide his surprise. "You've never met any other foxes?" leaning forward gripping his cup with both hands.

Valkeryie shook her head "I mean sure I’ve seen my old tribe where I originated but I’ve never seen another fox from somewhere else." she replied, looking into Lucians eyes after taking another drink of wine. She then stood and moved to sit next to Lucian. "I’m glad i found someone like you" she said as he tail wrapped around Lucian’s

"Oh, yeah, that's pretty much the same for me.” Lucian said “You're probably the first the fox I've had a proper conversation with in 2 years. Aside from the occasional merchant, you don't see many of our kind in human lands."
Lucian's tail coiled around Valkeryie's, "I'm glad I met you too." Lucian said softly while staring at her face "You know aside from the whole poking me with an arrow thing" he chuckled as he finished the last of the wine in his cup.

Valkeryie smiled nodding some before looking at Lucian closely again with a warm and gentle smile, her face showing a clear blush as she stared deeply into Lucian’s eyes. Her body shivered once as she lifted a hand to rub Lucian’s cheek gently.

Lucian noticed her tremor as he placed his hand over hers, holding it against his cheek, rubbing it gently with his thumb. "It's been an interesting sort of day hasn't it." he said softly, returning her gaze.

Valkeryie smiled some and nodded in agreement "I can think of something else to make it a bit better" Valkeryie said her blush reddening more.

Lucain's face flushed as well. "Oh, what would that be?" he asked, leaning forward just a little

Valkeryie giggled some "I think you know all too well.... Think of it as a gift for the lovely dinner.... Or something more" she whispered before leaning forward quickly and kissing Lucian her arms wrapping around him as she did.

Truthfully Lucian was hoping for this, although he didn't want to risk seeming to forward again after his attempt before dinner. Lucian's lips matched Valkeryie's and he slowly ran his hands down the curve in her back.

Valkeryie slowly broke from the kiss arching her back some from Lucian’s rubbing. She smiled lovingly towards Lucian before kissing him again and pulling him into the kiss her mind reeling with emotions and arguing urges of what to do next, half of her wanting more than just the kiss, the other wanting to know where this moment would lead the two.

But before either of these thoughts could go any further, the pair were unexpectedly interrupted by an unexpected guest.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#98 Post by Transient Truth »

Waves lapped at the shore, throwing specks of white onto the sandy beach. Pieces of floatwood drifted about on the turbulent sea. The whole place seems devoid of life...
Until a particularly large piece of flotsam washed ashore, carrying a barely conscious Basitin, gripping on the board for his life.

But the arduous journey has taken its toll on him, and slowly, both his grip on his consciousness and the lifeline that had kept him afloat faltered. The Basitin went under...

Only for the waves to send him to the safety of the shore, resting him against the sandy terrain. Somewhat regaining his consciousness, he mustered the last of his strength and crawled onto the shore, before collapsing into the rough sand and slipping into the blissful state of oblivion.

For hours he lay, unmoving, until he suddenly shuddered and retched several mouthful of seawater and bile on the sand next to him.

Vomiting all the seawater out of his system does make him feel better, but it was still a few more hours before he could manage to shakily stand up. Although, after a few drinks of water, he could finally force himself to move despite of the stiffness of his muscles and his swimming head. He had to find a way to contact his remaining squadmates and to find a way to report back to the military back at the Isles.

But looking at himself, he knew that at least he had to find an inn to rest first. His fur was matted and covered in salt and sand, and his stomach growled. And his waterskin was already nearly empty.

In short, he looked like a beggar, and that is definitely not the way a Basitin should present himself. Sighing, he started walking towards the forest, hoping that he could at least find a passerby to ask for directions. He has studied Human language, and although he wasn't fluent in it, he is at least able to conduct a conversation with humans. And if he met a Keidran, he at least knows a few snippets of their language.

Trekking was a usual activity that most Basitins had to do, with their militaristic lifestyles. But they usually did it at least with water and usually with rations.

But Shepherd had none. And not to mention that he was already waterlogged and his muscles were exhausted from the voyage.

Although he has been in the Mainlands before, he had only stayed in ports, without even venturing out of the ship's hold, while his squad would sometimes go to bars. So he had actually had no knowledge of the area nearby. He clutched the mana crystal that his brother had given to him as a gift, hoping that it could bring good luck to him...

And that was when he saw the town in the distant horizons.

Civilization!

Shepherd began to walk more briskly with renewed vigor. He is already thinking of the warm food and bed that he could find in inns...

Unbeknownst to him, said town was extremely far away...
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

MoonSticks
Master

#99 Post by MoonSticks »

Moon walked into the inn staring cautiously around the room. He then let out a sigh of relief when he remembered that this was the first time he had been indoors in a long while.

'It is ok me being here, right? he said as he turned to Oalei and Lorym

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#100 Post by Stryder221 »

"Should be as long as you don't start causing a ruckus. I don't see the innkeeper quite yet, though, so I think we're clear regardless... And would you want to argue with a Templar giant?"
As he led Moon led the Keidran past where Ignatius had been seated, the only thing Oalei gave him was a little wave upon passing, slowing his pace down somewhat. "Ah, not really. We're just gonna rent a room for a little while, just until we get our business dealt with. It's less depressing."

"And there's alcohol here." "Yes, that too." "And I am noticing a suspicious lack of visible tavern workers at this moment. Also foxes."
"Right... Well, we'll just be heading up real quick, since I don't see the innkeeper anywhere... Also the staring is starting to become unsettling. Despite that, however, Oalei suddenly stopped. "Hey, if you don't mind doing a favor... If you see a bossy blue-purple haired woman running around, could you tell 'er we needed a room and that we'll deal with the payment at the first available moment?"

With that, the two Templars headed straight for the stairs upward, Keidran in tow, with the clear intention of taking the first available room they could find.

[Bah... I can see a kinda big detail flaw in this post, but at this point I'm too lazy to properly edit it out. Nyeh.]

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#101 Post by The Rookie »

Lucian broke away from Valkeryie’s warm kiss. His face twisted, as if he was trying to focus on something. “Lucian?” Valkeryie asked concern in her voice. “Are you alright?

Lucian raised a finger to his lips “Listen.” he whispered before returning to focus on the strange sound he heard coming from out the window.

Valkeryie lean't back and joined in, the pair deathly silent as they tried to make out the noise coming from the street. After a few seconds the pair heard the distinct clunk of metal falling upon dirt, then again a few moments later.

Lucian stood up, slowly walking toward the window overlooking the street with Valkeryie close behind. Before either could reach it, there was a final loud thud. It was a different sound this time, similar to if someone dropped a sack of potatoes.

Peering out into the street below, the foxes caught sight of what appeared to be a body; bundled up in brown rags and laying face down in the dirt.

Come on! They look like they could use some help.” Lucain called out as he ran past Valkeryie, heading toward the stairs.

As soon as they made it to the street, Lucian ran up to the body with Valkeryie close behind.

Dropping into a crouching position as he arrived to get a closer look, Lucian removed the man’s helmet to discover it was a Basitin; he reeked of sea water and seemed to be slipping in and out of consciousness, but he was still alive.

Lucian gently pushed the basitin onto his side, better exposing his face to the fading sun light. The Basitin was a wreck; his face was covered in small cuts and bruises and there were obvious signs of dehydration, his lips were cracked and his eyes had been weeping.

The basitin was quietly muttering something over and over in a strange foreign language; one that Lucian couldn’t understand. “[ Water... Water...]” his voice dry and rough.

Valkeryie was kneeling next to the Basitin’s head, inspecting his wounds, and soon leaned closer to hear the basitin speak. While Lucian noticed the Basitin’s weapons which lay a few meters down the road. It seemed as if they had been abandoned moments prior to his collapse. "Water" valkeryie said suddenly "He needs water immediately"

"Here, take this.” Lucian held out the basitin’s water skin “There’s a water pump a few houses down. Please, fill this and bring it back as fast as you can. I'll try to get him upstairs

Valkeryie nodded quickly before running off with the water skin to the water pump. After filling the skin she returned slowly and retrieved the basitins gear that she soon spotted on the ground before moving to rejoin Lucian inside with everything.

meanwhile Lucian had managed to lift basitin up on to his shoulder, but was clearly struggling under his weight. “Come on mate, let’s get you upstairs.

The Basitin was weak on his feet, but the pair managed to hobble up the stairs, before the Basitin collapsed again. Lucian managed to catch him, dragging him the remainder of the way for placing him on top of Lucian’s bed.

As Lucian had finished settling his new guest, Valkeryie had entered the room baring a full skin of water as well as several of the Bastin’s blades and a shield. “Allow me.” Lucian said, grabbing the weapons from Valkeryie and placing them on the floor on the other side of the room. "Thank you Lucian" Valkeryie said as she then pulled up a chair alongside the bed side. She lifted the water skin up to the Basitin’s mouth, only allowing a small trickle to fall into the Basitin’s mouth in case he chocked. Instead, the Basitin gripped the skin tightly, forcing down as much water as he could between breaths.“[Drink slowly you cant take too much at once]” Valkeryie said softly as she retook the waterskin from the Basitan and began trickling water into his mouth again.

You understand the language?” Lucian asked, standing behind her. Valkeryie nodded some "Umm yes, its part of my little history. A girl has to have her secrets" Valkeryie said smiling to Lucian.
While the pair spoke, the Basitin finishes drinking from the skin and lays back into bed. Seemingly slipping out of consciousness once again.

Val, I know this is probably a bad time, but I need to leave shortly..”

"Hm? why so suddenly?" Valkeryie asked with some worry

It’s the Templar, if one of us doesn’t go to see them shortly they’ll come looking.” Lucian said as he gathered his cloak and hatchet from the floor, having pushed them off the bed to make room for the Basitin.

Usually I wouldn’t mind making the Templar do a little leg work, but if they come here and find him. I’m not sure what they’d do.

That said, I feel you should be the one to stay with him. You speak the language, so if he wakes up you can speak to him. Find out who he is, where he came from."

"Yes but....." Valkeryie said hesitantly

I’ll be back before you know it.” Lucain leant over and placed a peck on Valkeryie’s cheek. “Don’t forget, we still have that bottle to finish.

Valkeryie blushed some with a small smile before kissing lucian in return with a sigh "Alright, fine. Ill watch the basitin. But you better keep your word" Valkeryie said letting Lucian go and returning to her job of caring for the Basitin.

"I always do." Lucian said with a smile as he stood at the top of the stairs. "Well, at least when I want to." he joked as his head disappeared below the floor boards.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#102 Post by Transient Truth »

Shepherd knew the symptoms of dehydration, as he had studied a lot about it before. And he knew that he was currently very, very dehydrated.

But he couldn't do anything about it, as he had already exhausted every drop of his water supply on the long trek. Looking at the sun, the Basitin knew that if he didn't find water soon, he'd go unconscious sooner or later. And judging from the deserted streets, he knew that he would die of exposure first before anyone got to him, not to mention that people might still mistaken him as a Kiedrian, which is a strange error that humans usually made, despite the major differences in the two species.

His mind wandered on as he tried to navigate the town that he was in, hoping to find an inn, or at least a water well. But it seems that his luck has ran out, and he just was going in circles.

Although the town was not very large, it is still easy to get lost for non-residents, even more so for a delirious person. Still, he managed a while before the world began to spin dangerously. He balanced himself with his scimitar while he tried to grasp the threads of reality which is slipping fast from his hands.

What is that weight on his shoulders...? He just can't remember. The lack of water is affecting not only his body, but also his mind. His mind was fragmenting with each passing moment, along with his memories. But when one's conscious mind receded, that was when survival instincts kicks in.

Ignoring the sentimental values that were put on the weapons, it deems the weight detrimental in the search of water. Therefore it is an obstacle and it must be removed. The conscious side of Shepherd protested at it's primal side, but it's voice was significantly weaker than its counterpart.

Shepherd probably wouldn't have heard the clashes in his mind, but his trembling hands eventually moved to the clasp in front of him, and after much fumbling, managed to unlatch the gear he was carrying. Without the heavy swords and the enchanted shield, he was starting to feel a little better...

That is, until his knees suddenly buckled mid-step, throwing him onto the floor. The force of his face hitting the earth blacked him out a bit, but soon cognition returned, fading in and out. He knew that if he ever fell asleep, he may never wake up...

But he was just tired. Too tired. And he need to rest.

So he let himself up to the hazy world of semi-consciousness.

He did not know how long has passed, it may have been seconds, hours or even days, but then he suddenly felt the presence of other individuals. Years of military instinct demanded him to ask the intruder of their identity, but his meddled mind only allowed him to murmur the thing that mattered now to him most - Water.

The intruders said something that seems distantly familiar, but he still couldn't recall what the language was. He was then picked up by one of them, as they walked him towards some kind of structure.

The forced sleep that Shepherd received when he was unconscious was enough to support him up the stairs of the settlement, but not after. The Basitin stumbled again as he finished the arduous course. His mind switched off again long enough for him to forget why he was placed on a bed. But it was then that he felt moisture on his lips.

As if on cue, he jerked up from the bed, grasping the container with his hands and forcing down as much of the liquid as he could. He was dimly aware of a soft voice saying something about drinking slowly... He knew that he might choke, but the raging thirst in his throat is not a sensation that he would like to experience again.

After emptying the contents of the container, Shepherd was feeling better, but he knew it is best to rest before he engaged in anything that might strain him again. Sighing, he put his head on the soft pillow and promptly fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

MoonSticks
Master

#103 Post by MoonSticks »

"Didn't you see the sign?"

The moment he heard that voice, Oalei let out a mix between a sigh and a groan, turning to face the female who'd caught them trying to sneak Moon up the stairs.
Of course it would be the bossy one... "This is Templar business, Maren." The smaller Templar had said, his tone suggesting some familiarity with the elder, purple-haired Taverndatter.

However, the innkeeper seemed unimpressed, staring at the wolf with a mixture of boredom and contempt.

"I've had it up to here with all of this Templar business, last week I had some of you Templars trashing one of my rooms. *sigh* but if you promise NOT to ruin one of my rooms, you can use this one."
Oalei awkwardly rubbed at the back of his head. "I'm sorry for the trouble... I assure you, we won't cause any. You'll even be compensated."

The purple haired woman gestured toward a room at the end of the hallway.

Moon looked at the woman "Thanks lady." he said.

The woman rolled her eyes and walked back downstairs. 'Damn Keidran...' she had muttered under her breath.
Come to think of it, though, where did Lorym run off to? "Ah. Sister's probably after that drink... At least she won't have to wait much longer. Anyway, let's go."

And with that, he led the Keidran into the nearest available room. "Let's start with an easy one..." The Templar began as he took a seat on the bed. "Who, exactly, are you?"

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#104 Post by Stryder221 »

As Lucian arrived at the tavern, he took a moment to brace himself for what he may face inside. “You’ll be alright, let’s just get this over with.” he whispered softly to himself.

Lucian entered the establishment, careful not to draw too much attention to himself. He quickly scanned the room for any sign of the Templar siblings, but they were nowhere to be seen. Aside from the lack of Templars, the tavern seemed to be lacking in patrons as well. Just a handful a humans scattered amongst the tables, including one of the bandits from the lakeside; passed out in his chair.

Not that Lucian minded, "Saves me the trouble having to explain to these muscle heads what I'm doing here." he thought.

Lucian noticed the staircase in the back, ‘Perhaps they’re up stairs .’ Lucian thought to himself as he made his way to the back of the room.

As he walked toward the staircase to the upper floors, Lucian recognized a man sitting by himself, Ignatius, who was deeply inhaling the steam which rose from his coffee mug, savoring the aroma.

"I remember you." He whispered to himself "Perhaps you can help me find-"

But before Lucian could even make another step toward the man, he heard the loud bearish foot steps of the giantess making their way down the stairs, mumbling something to herself. Something about... alcohol, he assumed.
"Now... Where did they keep it...? Basement, surely... I'll just grab a barrel and leave more than enough to pay for it... Surely, they won't mind..."

The moment Lucian could see the "bear", he had immediately noticed the... odd expression she was wearing. As if she were daydreaming. It was downright bizarre to the fox, seeing even the slightest hint of a smile on the Templar's face.
For a moment, it seemed she wouldn't notice him at all, and he'd be able to skip right past her and get to the more reasonable sibling.

But, alas, Lucian simply wasn't allowed to have such nice things, it seemed. Well, save for perhaps his interactions with a certain vixen, but that was a story for another time.

Lorym had suddenly snapped out of her daydreaming upon noticing a Keidran in the room, and had immediately resumed her usual stony expression. Really, someone should take a chisel to that thing one day.

"There you are." The giant had said. "I was about to ask around. Good to see you've saved me the trouble."

"Here I am" Lucian said, as he before breaking into a mockingly lazy formal bow. One hand upon his heart while the other was stretched outward. "What may this humble fox do for the mighty Templar, oh mistress."

"Spare the mockery, for one." Was Lorym's immediate response. "And stay close, for two. Saves us both the stupid questions if these drunks know you're here because of Templar orders."

"If you say so." Lucian said standing up right. "Well if we're going to do this we might as well be civil about it." Lucian paused for a moment "Where's your brother?"

"Upstairs with the wolf, looking for a decent room. I've better things to busy myself with than a canine, though, hence why I'm down here. And since not a single one of the Taverndatters has shown their faces so far, I'm going to have to take certain matters into my own hands."

Matters of booze, she meant. And the way she kept shooting looks towards the cellar pretty much spelled out her intentions right away.

"Right, well if that's the case I'll meet you up stairs then. Good luck liberating a barrel of ale or what ever from the townsfolk." and before Lorym could retort, Lucian had vanished up the stairs. Leaving the giantess alone to do as she pleased.
Surprisingly, she just shrugged. "Spoken like a true lightweight..." And with that, it didn't take long for her to get to liberating.

Seconds later...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'THE WHOLE BARREL?!'"

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#105 Post by The Rookie »

Lucian walked down the hall in search of the the Templar brother and the wolf. 'Maybe I should have asked the giantess which room they were in before taking off... Oh well, I'll figure it out somehow.' Lucian thought.

Suddenly Lucian heard a muffled yet familiar voice coming from a room down near the end of the hall. 'That'll do' Lucian said aloud.

Lucian stood in the hall, unsure if he'd found the right place. He pressed his ear up against the room's door, trying to make out whether the voices inside truly belonged to the pair he was searching for.

"Who, exactly, are you?"

All doubt left Lucian's mind, as that was clearly Oalei's voice. With that, Lucian knocked twice before he opened the door and stepped in, not waiting for a response to do so.
The next thing he knew, he was almost walking directly into a fist placed in front of his face, a fact that made him pause. "Yip!" Lucian stumbled back slightly at the sight of the metallic fist mere centimeters from the end of his nose.

Thankfully, the offending limb was lowered rather quickly. "Ah...! Terribly sorry about that! You caught me just a bit off-guard... It's rude to barge in, you know, with or without knocking."

"I'll try to remember that in future." Lucian said nervously. Trying to recollect his composure. Lucian made eye contact with the wolf in room, giving a small nod of recognition. "So, Oalei. Should I wait out here, or am I allowed to take a seat?"

"No, it's fine. We're just running through the basics right now. Name, occupation, recent history, that sort of thing. Go ahead and sit down if you want."

"Thank you" Lucian said, carefully stepping past Oalei and into the room.

As Lucian walked, he took notice of the room's interior. Admiring the finer details of the room's contents, eventually coming to a stop in front of the bed. "Not a bad place." Lucian said, smiling toward the young Templar before falling backward onto the soft mattress. "You know for an interrogation room at least."

"And on that subject, I only got my hands on this with a promise that nobody's going to make a mess of it. Just something to keep in mind. And... I really don't want to make Maren mad, so... Well, you get the idea."

Lucian sat up right, a sense of annoyance drawn across his face. Immediately, the Templar started looking guilty. "I'm going to assume she'd hate it if any fur got of her precious blankets" rolling his eyes as he lifted himself off of the bed. Lucian walked over to the window that over looked the rest of the town, leaning against the wall, arms folded. "Fine."he muttered "I'll just be over here then, where I can't cause too much damage."

Lucian looked back over to both the Templar and the wolf a moment before taking in a deep breath. He knew working himself up wouldn't get him anywhere, and the "kicked puppy" look Oalei had adopted wasn't making things much better, so Lucian did his best to collect himself before he said something foolish.

"What would you like to know?" Lucian asked is a low, almost defeated voice.

"Let's just start from the beginning... Full name and occupation, if you please, followed by what you had been doing in Moon's company before I came across you. With any luck, that should be all we need and you can be on your way."

"Simple enough." Lucian began to count out his responses on his fingers as he said them aloud. "My name is Lucian of the Ridge Fox tribe. I'm training to become a blacksmith here in town under the apprenticeship of the local smith, James Black.

I first meant Moon while was trying to start a fire in the forest. The wolf came stumbling out of the woods, searching for help I assume. I instinctively drew my bow on him, thinking that he might have been a thief or highway man, but before I could question him some human bandits showed up. Luckily for us that's where you come in, from there you know the rest
."

Lucian shrugged over toward Moon, who'd been rather quiet since he'd arrived. "Until today I've never seen him, nor heard from him before. I'm sure he'd tell you the same thing."