USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Who do you want to be president of the United States in the 2016 elections?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Donald Trump of the Republican Party
25%
Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party
25%
Jill Stein of the Green Party
25%
Gary Johnson of the Liberation Party
25%

Total votes: 20

HugMePlz
Apprentice

USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

#1 Post by HugMePlz »

Title says all.

And yes, I know this thread isn't for everyone, but feel free to still comment here, even if you live outside the US.

Oh, and for the record, I am going to vote for Hiliary Clinton, because history was already made when a black president got elected, so why not a woman president?

EDIT JUNE 20, 2016: I got rid all the candidates (with the obvious exception of Hiliary) in favor of the other presumptive nominees (there is no telling of who will be the nominee for the Liberation Party at the moment, so don't ask me to add a Liberation candidate right now)

For reference, here is the archive of the poll before this edit date

i lurk

midnightblink
Council Member

Re: USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

#2 Post by midnightblink »

Man, why isn't Donald Trump up there, lol
Primum Non Nocere

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#3 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

midnightblink wrote:Man, why isn't Donald Trump up there, lol
"Two weeks later, it was blown up." -Donald Trump on Yemen
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#4 Post by Lief »

HugMePlz wrote:Oh, and for the record, I am going to vote for Hiliary Clinton, because history was already made when a black president got elected, so why not a woman president?
And "making history" worked so well for us with Obama, didn't it? Aside from this post, I'm going to stay out of this thread. People who vote just to "make history" shouldn't be allowed to vote.

midnightblink
Council Member

#5 Post by midnightblink »

I kind of agree with Lief, not that those people shouldn't be able to vote, but I don't think it's a good platform to vote for someone just because it would "make history". While I liked Obama and probably would have voted for him if I was 18 at the time, it's more because I wouldn't like either McCain or Romney as presidents and not because of his complexion. While it is admirable that Hillary got this far, I'm not sure if she's the right woman president to take office.
Primum Non Nocere

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#6 Post by Myperson54 »

Absolutely. I'm not going to comment on the state of affairs in the US, since I'm from Canada. However, voting for the sake of tokenism is completely the wrong reason to vote, and I can't hold any amount of respect for that. You should vote for the person you believe is best-suited to run your country, and if that happens to be a woman or a person of colour, great. If not? Great also.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Insomniac »

My mother has a saying. "I really want a woman in the white house, just not HER." And I kinda agree with that sentiment. As for the other three, I know jack diddly about them.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

midnightblink
Council Member

#8 Post by midnightblink »

Insomniac wrote:My mother has a saying. "I really want a woman in the white house, just not HER." And I kinda agree with that sentiment. As for the other three, I know jack diddly about them.
lol, yeah, that's basically my whole idea when it comes to Hillary. I literally spent 10 minutes each studying the other 3 because, like you, I knew little about them.
Primum Non Nocere

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#9 Post by TinyVoices »

I want a Republican to win this time. Republicans control basically everything else already, so this'll get things done quicker. And hell, with how much [censored] everything liberal has gotten the past 7 years, it'd be neat to watch the world burn because "Obama=global warming hoax=wasting money on trying to move away from nonrenewables."

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#10 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I just want illegal immigrants kicked out of the country and not handed everything citizens have to work for. I don't mind immigration, as long as it's done legally.

midnightblink
Council Member

#11 Post by midnightblink »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:I just want illegal immigrants kicked out of the country and not handed everything citizens have to work for. I don't mind immigration, as long as it's done legally.
the problem is, do you know how hard it is to immigrate to this country? People have put up so much red tape and made it cost so much money that it's hard for anyone below upper-middle class people to do it. If there weren't so many restrictions, most would enter legally, but at this point very few can.
Primum Non Nocere

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#12 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

midnightblink wrote:
DarkTheImmortal wrote:I just want illegal immigrants kicked out of the country and not handed everything citizens have to work for. I don't mind immigration, as long as it's done legally.
the problem is, do you know how hard it is to immigrate to this country? People have put up so much red tape and made it cost so much money that it's hard for anyone below upper-middle class people to do it. If there weren't so many restrictions, most would enter legally, but at this point very few can.
Then make it easier to get citizenship, and treat them like citizens when the get it or actually working on it (must have come here legally), not treat them like kings when they're here illegally and not doing anything about it. To be honest, your life is better in America when you're here illegally.

midnightblink
Council Member

#13 Post by midnightblink »

Your joking, right? Do you know how little illegal immigrants are paid? How bad their standard of living is? I have not met a single person whose here "illegally" who doesn't dream of one day becoming a US citizen. What about the children who are born here who get deported around the age of 18 because their parents came illegally, even if they themselves have never been to their parent's home country? I believe citizenship in the US should not be something kept only to the middle class, but something anyone can choose to do if they have the conviction to leave their homes to find a better life.
Primum Non Nocere

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Insomniac »

It sure would be great if citizens of US territories were allowed to vote for things like the presidency. Didja know that around 8% of citizens of American Samoa are US military vets? Shame they're allowed to get shot at for us, but can't vote for our president.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#15 Post by Nuff »

Uh oh, politics.

*grabs popcorn*