Spell downloaded, ready for deployment.

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Hellbreaker

Spell downloaded, ready for deployment.

#1 Post by Hellbreaker »

This rp is set in the world of Ether-Terra.Although we still have magic, we've fused it with technology, making....Magiteck.(Original title, yep.)Society is advanced, having culture much like ours, though there ARE exceptions.(For example, there is a hidden market in every city that sells old,magical relics and a variety of other supernatural things, as well as 'standard' black market items.) A item nearly everyone has is a Gauntlet, a pipboy like device that combines holograms and a tablet, as well as a magic casting aid for the 'unskilled'. There's rumours of a dark and evil force forming,but its just talk...right? Well, lets begin.^^

Races:
Humans:You know what they are. They're great at being jack of trades. Complete master of none, but potential in all, made Cybermancery.(Magic involving tech as a medium)
Beastfolk/Animalists: Basically, anthromorphic animals and their halfling children. Best at primal magic like elemental magic.Be careful who you call beastfolk,though, some take offence to it. A more polite term often used is Animalists.Slightly longer life spans than humans.
The Fey: Catchall term for "traditional" creatures, from the redcap to the oni.It all depends on your chosen creature, but here's a quick example for a couple of the most well-known: Elf=Nature magic, Dwarf=Earth magic.Basically, do research, and choose your magic based on it. Be warned, I'll also research your chosen creature.
The Travelers: Beings from other dimensions. These include angels,demons, and spirits.Magic is often stuff that fiddles around with reality. Such as summoning, and holy/Fallen magic. Also can be slang for sentient AI.

Rules: All standard RPG rules, and this forums rules. Basically, be nice and use common sense.^^

Pro:
Name:
Race:
Magic type:
History:(Optional)
Skills:
Gear:

ROLES(NOT INCLUDING ME): 2/7(MAY OPEN TO 20, IF THERE'S ENOUGH INTEREST)

(NOTE: YOUR CHARRIE DOESNT HAVE TO USE WHAT MAGIC THEIR RACE IS BEST AT, BUT IT WILL GE HARDER TO LEARN SPELLS AS A RESULT)

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Spell downloaded, ready for deployment.

#2 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

While this does seem interesting, I would suggest writing out a plot for this RP and posting it here. I would also normally suggest(many others would, too) that you wait a while, join in on some ongoing RPs here before making your own. But, this seems pretty well thought out, and I have nothing to lose by joining up, so I'll be filling out a CS today.

Edit: Also, what is the "pro" section for? Profession?
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Hellbreaker

#3 Post by Hellbreaker »

(hello, apoligies., I was making my charrie sheet.^^ And thanks for your advice, I truly appreciate it.^^ No, that's short for profile. Nonessential, and a habit. My apologies. ^^And the rps seem to be filled, and I didn't want to disturb anyone by suddenly joining up)

Name:Trenertal "Tren" Canisstel.
Race:Animalist(Human/Wolf)
Personality:He's mischievous and cheeky, moreso to people he actually respects. Its when he's calm and polite you need to worry. He has a habit of attempting to talk his way out of trouble by charming, especially if the one getting onto him is female. Heck, he attempts to charm females anyway.He's also loyal and kind, looking out for people he feels needs it, and can get temperamental around jerks and bullies.He's also naive,easdy to trick, and isn't what you would call mature. Loves pranks, manga, seafood,music, and rootbeer.
Magic type:Lightning(Relies on his gauntlet at the moment)
History:Originally the son of welltodo parents, he ran away, intent on carving his own path, and has become a wandering musician and Recoverer. A Recoverer is a theif for hire, getting back unrightfully taken goods.Having done this for a few months, he's gotten a rep as "Tren"......
Skills:Skilled in stealth and close quarters combat, he's also a accomplished musician with his ocarina, and clever with his tongue.
Gear:High quality kopis machete, folder,ocarina, and his gauntlet: Games, music and three lightning spells: Flash:Throws a ball of lightning that explodes, though it doesn't do damage. Amped up flashbang.Spear: Forms a naginata esque polearm of pure lightning, cuts,burns, and zaps. Lasts three swings. Electric slice: Forms a blade of energy that protrudes somewhat past the fingers. Same as Spear, last one attack.

Hellbreaker

#4 Post by Hellbreaker »

I'm following Incepts advice, and including a plot. Or, at least, what I have in mind for the base storyline. This'll be up for change depending on both opinions and charrie actions, but here it is, as is.^^

The rumours are true. A dark organization is attempting to take over,gradually gaining control. Our carries will have to deal with this, but for now well just rp them getting to know eachother., and deal with other stuff as according to their bstorylines. Over time, I'll include more and more Organization influences, until it becomes the big bad.^^

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#5 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Alright, alright, alright. Pre-approved.
InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Name: Jayreth Winterleaf

Race: Fey - Elven

Personality: Jayreth is a very traditional person. He prefers to remain separate from the insufferable 'magitek', hailing old magicks above all else. He can, however, get along with almost anyone, and heartily enjoys spending time with friends and family. He is very protective of nature, and constantly communicates with it through the trees, the grass, or the very stones at his feet. He despises being inside of a large, technologically advanced building of any sort, as it cuts him off from nature.

Magic Type: Druid magic(natural communion, wildlife companionship, plantlife manipulation, oakskin)

History: Since he was a boy, Jayreth has felt the companionship of nature at his side. He learned from a young age of the mythical deities of Druidism, Cerridwen, the Green Lady, and Cernunnos, the Horned Lord. When he was 25, he achieved Druid status, and was attuned to the voices of nature in the Life Pond. Since then, he has been a stalwart guardian of nature, preventing the destruction of forests and mountains for lumber and coal from those who wish to steal them many times. He now spends his days communing with the Aspects, guarding over his very own Druid Grove.

Skills:
Hunting Prowess: Jayreth's time spent alongside the big cats and wolves of the wild have made him one of the best hunters around, including the natural predators.
Nature's Boon: Having sworn himself as the sword of nature, he has been gifted certain attributes and enhancements. His body is limber and quick as a gazelle, strong as a bear, eyes sharp as an eagle's, and a beard which rivals the Dwarf Lords.

Gear:
One yew bow, reinforced with oak bark.
17 copper tipped arrows, dipped in rattlesnake venom.
One copper canteen, filled with water from the Life Pond.
Two elkbone daggers, kept sharp by the bark of an oak.
13 acorns
A gnarled staff, centuries old, with a small glass orb at the tip. Called "the First Covenant".
Certified Jojo fan

Hellbreaker

#6 Post by Hellbreaker »

And just to make sure no one raises a stink....(Ominously raises stamps as O fortuna plays,slamming it down as glasses flash)

APPROVED...MAY GOD SAVE YOUR SOUL!!

Hellbreaker

#7 Post by Hellbreaker »

Oh, I forgot a Race. My apologies. If you want to adjust your charrie to one of these, incept, let me know and well make it happen.^^

The Changed Ones/Moddeds: Beings(Usually humans,for some weird reason) struck by a curse/blessing/disease/etc. that makes them into another type of creature. Includes werewolves/vampires/zombies. Unique is that they don't use magic,but abilities granted by their change, though if they're sentient enough,they can make use of Gauntlet spell programs.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#8 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Nah, I'm good with my druid elf.
Certified Jojo fan

Hellbreaker

#9 Post by Hellbreaker »

K. That's good too.^^ three more and I'll start.^^

Logan Furry
Citizen

#10 Post by Logan Furry »

Interesting...
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Hellbreaker

#11 Post by Hellbreaker »

Thank you!^^

Logan Furry
Citizen

#12 Post by Logan Furry »

No problem :flora:

Hellbreaker

#13 Post by Hellbreaker »

K, if you want to join, just use the set up above,and I'll review your charrie.^^

Logan Furry
Citizen

#14 Post by Logan Furry »

You think you could add the Keidran in here...I know that they're not exactly apart/fit in but I want I Keidran (I'd like a Keidran Fursona :3) if you don't mind
Slow down, you must look at Flora :flora: you may now go
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Hellbreaker

#15 Post by Hellbreaker »

Well, a keidrin would count as a Animalist, I think.^^ Its not just the animal featured halfling's. In fact, the Keirdrin type were the first Animalists.^^