Assassination Classroom

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Assassination Classroom

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Assassination Classroom is an interesting one

The Earth is threatened by a powerful creature who has destroyed 70% of the Moon with its power, rendering into the shape of a crescent moon forever. The creature claims that within a year, Earth will also be destroyed by him, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate.

How may you ask ? By allowing him to teach a class of junior high kids for a year. If one of his students manages to kill him within the year, the Earth will be saved and the assassin will receive 10 billion Yen from the Japanese government. If they fail, well.. He'll kill everyone...

It's sort of difficult to explain, but it's good. The characters are interesting, and you can't help but love the shows villain/Anti hero, Koro-sensei.

Interestingly enough, the anime already has a live action number 1 box office movie adaptation, and the series is only about a third of the way through it's first season !

On top of that, the English dub is pretty damn good and only sits about 5 episodes behind the Japanese sub, so the option is there for those who prefer one over the other.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Assassination Classroom

#2 Post by Insomniac »

I think I saw this on Netflix. I might check it out. It sounds pretty decent. I'm currently running to Hulu every week to see Durarara!! Season 2. This show is 100% pure joy for me. I love every second of every episode lol Including Izaya's terrifying twin younger sisters.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

BasettLord
Citizen

#3 Post by BasettLord »

Love this anime so many good quotable moments. The characters are well thought out and the plot is engaging. If you want to talk about it pm me or something.
I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind...

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.
:potatoes: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Insomniac »

I finally got around to checking out Assassination Classroom. I like it. But was I the only one who thought Nagisa was a cute girl at first?
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

BasettLord
Citizen

#5 Post by BasettLord »

Nope my friends and I were confused about it also.

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#6 Post by The Rookie »

Insomniac wrote:But was I the only one who thought Nagisa was a cute girl at first?
It's easier to tell in the dubbed version, since he has a deeper more masculine voice.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Razmoudah
Merchant

#7 Post by Razmoudah »

It took me a long time before I finally watched it, as the series description just doesn't do it justice. I will say this, I can't wait for season 2.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

BasettLord
Citizen

#8 Post by BasettLord »

Has anyone seen the live movie version? I saw a little bit of the beginning and it looked pretty good.