A World Asunder

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: A World Asunder

#61 Post by y7h65 »

"Due to the amount of operators accepting this mission, the operation's ability to perform secondary objectives has increased as well. We shall now be splitting this operation into two sections, the first will be eight strong and the second will be seven strong. Each has been tasked with their own goal and will accomplish it.

The first section shall do the stated mission goal, the reactivation of the Automated Defense Units of the Bunker. This will be accomplished by going through the bunker's former residential sector as well as the arsenal and barracks in order to reach the mechanic bay. Upon completion, this will activate the defense walkers as per prior mission statement.

The second section shall work on a secondary goal, the reactivation of the Bunker's command center which contains the systems that will allow for a cold restart of the central reactor system. Due to the location of the command center, the group will have to go through the engineering tunnels that connect many of the major areas to reach the command center. After the reactor has been restarted, provided it is still capable of doing so, the team shall reactivate the internal defenses. This will assist in the clean up of the bunker after its reclamation.

Be sure to sync your chronographs and ensure that your IFF codes are up to date. Heavy resistance is expected. Failure is not. Do not disappoint us, Hunter.
"

The sections will be as follows.

Section 1
Leader: Jason Thompson
Scout: Kierra Hackett
Striker: Alex Polaski
Striker: Ivan Botsch
Defender: Argonz Tringham
Marksman: Martin Fisher
Rifleman: Krimstad Vdekur Folkstad
Rifleman Ray Jameson

Section 2
Leader: Christina Nilsson
Scout: Danby Temple
Scout: Charles Forester
Striker: Daiki Saito
Striker: Kazane Saito
Defender: Freemus Siegfried
Marksman: Glacial Wolf

I apologize for the IC not being posted but my papers and school work and actual work have been eating a bit of my free time. I'll try to get it up as soon as the drafts for my papers are done. This post will have a link to it in my second post in this thread.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#62 Post by Twippit »

(Sorry guys, I meant to mention that I'm dropping out in this thread, I guess I forgot. My bad!)
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#63 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

y7h65 wrote:"Due to the amount of operators accepting this mission, the operation's ability to perform secondary objectives has increased as well. We shall now be splitting this operation into two sections, the first will be eight strong and the second will be seven strong. Each has been tasked with their own goal and will accomplish it.

The first section shall do the stated mission goal, the reactivation of the Automated Defense Units of the Bunker. This will be accomplished by going through the bunker's former residential sector as well as the arsenal and barracks in order to reach the mechanic bay. Upon completion, this will activate the defense walkers as per prior mission statement.

The second section shall work on a secondary goal, the reactivation of the Bunker's command center which contains the systems that will allow for a cold restart of the central reactor system. Due to the location of the command center, the group will have to go through the engineering tunnels that connect many of the major areas to reach the command center. After the reactor has been restarted, provided it is still capable of doing so, the team shall reactivate the internal defenses. This will assist in the clean up of the bunker after its reclamation.

Be sure to sync your chronographs and ensure that your IFF codes are up to date. Heavy resistance is expected. Failure is not. Do not disappoint us, Hunter.
"

The sections will be as follows.

Section 1
Leader: Jason Thompson
Scout: Kierra Hackett
Striker: Alex Polaski
Striker: Ivan Botsch
Defender: Argonz Tringham
Marksman: Martin Fisher
Rifleman: Krimstad Vdekur Folkstad
Rifleman Ray Jameson

Section 2
Leader: Christina Nilsson
Scout: Danby Temple
Scout: Charles Forester
Striker: Daiki Saito
Striker: Kazane Saito
Defender: Freemus Siegfried
Marksman: Glacial Wolf

I apologize for the IC not being posted but my papers and school work and actual work have been eating a bit of my free time. I'll try to get it up as soon as the drafts for my papers are done. This post will have a link to it in my second post in this thread.
That sounds good. Also, how do you get the link to a specific post?

Edit: also, Dabny's name is spelled wrong.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#64 Post by Myperson54 »

In the top-right corner of your post, there's a timestamp. Clicking on the little page icon beside that timestamp sends you to a permalink of that post, and you can copy that into [url] tags on the forum.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#65 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Okay, cool. Didn't know that.

One last question: can we swear? If so, I plan on using Scorsese levels of profanity because Dabny pulls out some mean stuff when he's pissed.
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#66 Post by y7h65 »

Yes you can swear. But you have to remember that you're a Gen2 and should try to be a role model for the Gen3s. Also, if you're still this easily flustered after so many years of experience, you're probably not gonna make it for long.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#67 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Well, he won't be super pissed all the time. He would have to be really, really angry before even considering that kind of language.
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#68 Post by y7h65 »

I apologize for the delay, once again. The end of semester work is catching up and I recently found out I must rework my final two essays, with at least one essay requiring a massive rewrite. I'm afraid this won't be ready for another week at best at the current rate I'm getting work on the RP done. Once again, apologies.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#69 Post by Ketzal »

s'all good! Life is life, right?

We can be patient :)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#70 Post by Myperson54 »

I'm cool with this. I have essays to write myself.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#71 Post by alex3192 »

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

*Thud*

I'm back! Nine months later.....anyway, is this still open?
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#72 Post by Transient Truth »

Just dropping by and saying hello.
And essays are killers, I would say that.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#73 Post by y7h65 »

May 28 2118
It's snowing.

That's one of the things that could be heard over the intercom of Section 1's APC. Was it the crew? One of your fellow Hunters? You can't tell, either caught up in interacting with your section-mates or preparing for the oncoming battle. You glance to your HUD before looking around the large interior of the vehicle. The interior is roomy, a necessity considering the occupants.

From what you recall, the APC you find yourself in is easily eight meters long, a little under two and a half meters tall, and roughly three meters wide on the outside with a wedge like front that tapers to an edge roughly halfway up the vehicle. The vehicle was painted a motley grey and white camouflage. Cameras on the hull allow for the crew to have a full semi-sphere field of vision though shuttered glass can also be used. On the top of the vehicle was a ring of flood lamps as well as a short turret with a mounted mass driver autocannon. The barrel of the weapon had gleamed in the light of the hangar, the shroud protecting the weapon from sleet and impacts shining under the light. Large doors wide enough to fit two soldiers were placed three quarters of the way from the back on both sides while a larger door meant for three or four soldiers was mounted on the back of the vehicle itself. Caterpillar tracks four meters long along the back half of the vehicle while a pair of large meter and a half tall rubber wheels provide steering.

The inside is a bit cramped but bearable. The combat compartment, in which you are seated, has benches facing the center running along the walls of the vehicle with straps for particularly bumpy rides. The lack of a turret nest made it a bit roomier but the compartment was still only slightly under two and a half meters wide with a roof roughly two meters above. A wall and door seperates you from the crew. The inside made for a tight fit when a squad of men in power armor were in the vehicle but the current passengers took much less space than that, which allowed for much more leg room than normal. Small windows built into the back doors and the side of the vehicle allowed you to see Section 2's APC behind you, as well as the sheer stone walls of the valley you are currently travelling through.

It's snowing. Once again the voice speaks. Your HUD IDs it as the driver. The voice is definitely that of a girl. They sound young, incredibly so. Possibly even younger than the youngest of the Hunters. My parents said that back in my grandparent’s time, it didn't used to snow so heavily in May in this part of the world. Yet here we are. A nervous laugh before a pause as you hear someone whisper something. A second later, the driver begins to apologize profusely for having left the intercom on to those listening. Laughs from the commander or gunner could be heard, someone next to her reassuring her that she will remember for next time. The intercom shuts off, cutting off the crew from the Hunters in the back.

In the second APC, there was a similar silence from the crew. Aside from Christina's occasional attempts at getting to know the members of the team, those within had the last two hours to prepare themselves mentally for the mission and take the chance to talk to anyone they might want to. Suddenly a series of loud cracking noises could be heard followed by several large explosions. Shortly after the familiar cracking noise of massed weapons fire echoed throughout the valley along with the nerve wracking mix of roaring, chittering, and growling that precluded a Doppelganger attack. From the sound of it there were likely thousands drawn in by the initial wave of attacks.

Even as the attack began the APCs trudged forward. Almost half an hour passed, the sounds of fighting echoing throughout the valley, before a crackle came on over the intercoms of both APCs, the commanders informing them that the doors were in sight. Outside the windows the valley opened up into a large plateau, the ground covered by ice and snow. A slow snowfall prevented anybody looking out from seeing too far but even you could spot regularly placed bumps in the ice; places where defensive positions may have once been now buried in the snow and ice. The somber scene continued for a few moments within Section 2's APC before you hear the commander of the vehicle curse before the vehicle is suddenly thrown to the side. The noise of several things scraping against metal on the left side of the vehicle echoes throughout the compartment before the vehicle lurches in a sharp turn to the left.

We're being fired upon! The urgency of the voice can be heard over the intercom as the driver in Section 2's APC inadvertently activated the vehicle intercom. We've been tracked on the left side! We're stuck until one of us gets out there and fixes it, if it can even be fixed!

Before the commander could give a response the sound of cracking ice could be heard beneath you. There was a pause in conversation before the commander jumped back on to the intercom.

Everyone, buckle up now! Barely ten seconds passed, the cracking getting louder and continuing, before you feel the floor drop out from beneath you as you feel the APC holding you and the rest of Section 2 fall. Almost an instant after you feel the vehicle bounce off something and begin to roll and tumble downwards towards an unknown destination...

In Section 1's APC you can only watch in horror as the disabled APC containing Section 2 fell through a massive sinkhole that had formed underneath the ice, the weight of the vehicle combined with multiple six foot long bone spears apparently causing the surface of the ice to buckle and break. However there is no time for a rescue mission. Even as the vehicle continues forward, you could feel spears bouncing and scraping off the vehicle as the driver jinked the vehicle left and right in an effort to try to avoid the spear. Suddenly you feel a stronger impact than before, followed by several other strong impacts, and the vehicle stopped evasive maneuvers, the cause clear when you glance at the crew compartment...

It liiiiiiiiiives! Please post in the appropriate thread for your section.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#74 Post by y7h65 »

Also! I forgot to mention! At certain points, I may PM you with information your character would know or notice. If you get these PMs after a post, feel free to adjust your post accordingly. Or disregard the information. That works too.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#75 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I'll look out for those :wink:

Now for a friendly little suggestion? I was hoping to set it as kind of a norm, but, just for more clarity on the 'gangers, could we refer to them as [blank]-meters/feet? Or have some other way to get just how big a Doppelganger ol' Joe Citizen took out with one swipe? An example would be that, in my post, the Doppelganger I took out was a three-meter, or about nine feet, tall one, and you know because I told you that it was a three-meter.

Y'know, just to further eliminate any possible kind of godmoding.

P.S: I'm not referring to anyone's post here, in case you thought I was. Kinda looks like I was, too, so yeah.
Certified Jojo fan