A World Asunder

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

Re: A World Asunder

#16 Post by Stryder221 »

After a few days of making sure this was acceptable, with some help, I'm finally finished with this. (The first version was what I'd call a complete disaster.)

Pre-approved via PM.

Appearance: The most obvious is his suit. Standing at 5'11 with a somewhat slim build, he would be average if he was at all normal.
He refuses to take off his suit in public for any reason whatsoever, save a direct order to do so, or basic needs such as food and water. The reason for this is for what he says is a horrifying disfiguration.

And he's not lying. Some have been given nightmares upon seeing his face for the first time.

Name: Argonz "Rocket Racer" Tringham.

Race: What else? Changeling.

Generation: Third.

Personality: Argonz works in two ways. Happy and optimistic, or complete and utter blood-lust. He is rarely seen otherwise. Normally, he is a cheerful if a bit dim individual who loves jokes and making the occasional friend; He is probably the friendliest hunter many people have seen. He'll follow orders with minimal question, and execute them to the best of his abilities. In battle, he remains cheerful, though with a somewhat disturbing amount of aggression and an unhealthy obsession of making the enemy blow up in a spectacular fashion, though he remains mostly rational.
Psychiatrists say his cheerful demeanor is a mask for something else, that he is not as unintelligent as he seems. Argonz says that's a load of bull, that he's just a normally happy guy. Who knows if that's the truth.

Bio: Not too much is known about Argonz, at least not much that he doesn't want kept private. He was supposedly born the third son of a mother and father from America. His changeling abilities were discovered almost immediately upon being tested for his abilities. At first, it appeared that nothing had happened. Only after a month into training did his adaption manifest, where he then sported a horrifying new visage, a sight that gave many a person quite a fright, believing he'd turned doppelganger on the spot; He narrowly avoided being shot on the spot. It should be noted that he didn't particularly mind his new appearance, at the time, anyway. Out of all of his family, only his abilities were even remotely related to combat. During the training program, he excelled rapidly in demolitions, which, though it raised an eyebrow or two, was not otherwise noteworthy until he volunteered to test what are now referred to as the "Jump Jets", which he managed to, after half a year's worth of practice, almost master even in it's prototype state. After he started wearing said jets during his deployments, his overall performance completely skyrocketed.

His real claim to fame, however, is the fact he'd managed to fend off, even severely injuring, a single large-scale doppelganger with minimal assistance from his fire-team, who at the time had their hands full defending against a small swarm of the medium-scale variety. Though he was injured during that particular incident, quite badly in fact, the losses could have been disastrous if not for his actions, which had enabled his allies to successfully eliminate the threat with minimal casualties. This particular act of what may or may not have been bravery had, of course, not gone unnoticed. The rest, as Argonz says, is old, boring history.

Combat:

Stats:

Strength: 3

Toughness: 4 [8]

Agility: 4 [7]

Dexterity: 3

Perception: 3

Frame:

Lightweight blast armor: +2 toughness.

"Jump Jets": +3 agility

Basic Servomotors: +1 agility.

Frame description:

Argonz' frame is essentally a lighter version of standard issue blast armor worn by human assault units. Despite the bulkier bits being removed, it can shrug off shrapnel, small arms fire, and even bomb blasts with ease. It can even endure Doppelganger appendages with a bit... Okay, a LOT of luck, meaning divine intervention level of luck, with Argonz' own natural toughness to help should that fail, which it probably will. The "Jump Jets" take form in a large backpack on his, well, back. It is based off of changeling Thompson's Mobility Assistance thrusters, and intended to be a lighter version of them before being remodeled completely. It contains a a sizable amount of thrusters, designed to launch the user into various directions with short and powerful bursts rather than keep them in the air, and enable them to change direction while in mid-air, all while consuming as little fuel as possible. For now, practical use is only possible with tougher changelings who also happen to be agile enough to use it properly; Changelings like Argonz, who don't need to worry about breaking bones upon landing badly.

WRATH Class:
Assault.

Wrath Description:

Argonz' WRATH is what appears to be a 16th century swedish halberd about 2.5 meters long overall, with a head twice as large as normal. It's ranged form is that of a fairly large autocannon. It is sometimes mistaken for a mix between the assault and recon classes due to it's melee form. A rather unusual WRATH, but it works well enough for it's assigned class, as it is still a two-handed weapon in some fashion. In it's stored state, it is approximately one meter long, and amusingly enough could be used to bludgeon someone.

Other Equipment:

Extensive array of explosives.

Argonz carries a lot of explosives and other tools, far more than would be considered necessary. Demolition charges, sticky bombs, and even useless grenades. You name the explosive, he'll probably have it. He even carries smoke bombs and flash-bangs on his person. Standard load-out consists of one or two demolition charges, four "Sticky Bombs" (Plastic explosive charges fitted with a remote detonator.), two flash-bangs, one smoke bomb, and two full belts of fragmentation grenades, holding six each. Carrying much more than that would be impractical even for him, the amount he has already could potentially backfire in a number of ways.

Light machine gun.

Explosive rounds.

Exactly what it says on the tin. Rather than use standard rounds for his weapons, he insists on using the explosive version of them wherever possible.

Humanity: 90.

Skills:

Bomberman: Knows more about explosives than most anyone else. He knows just how to use even demolition charges properly in combat situations, and can make even grenades seem useful against the doppelgangers. In fact, his favorite method of eliminating larger doppelgangers is sticking explosives or even demolition charges on them with his incredible speed. Of course, he can set up big explosive traps if the situation calls for it, though he tends to dislike that strategy.

Pole-arm fencer: Quite adept at wielding pole-based equipment properly, even if they are a tad oversized. Not really much else to say about that.

Fly-by shooter: Argonz is pretty accurate with firearms even when flying through the air at high speeds, even if it's with a heavy auto-cannon.

Adaptions:

Iron flesh: Argonz' entire body, not just his skin, is tougher than normal, about as strong as iron or even steel. The downside is that it makes him incredibly heavy. - +2 toughness, -1 agility.

Theme: "Is there nothing a well-placed explosive can't solve?"

Misc: It's a well known fact that he literally would try to ride a rocket if given the chance, hence the nickname of rocket racer (It sounded a bit cooler than rocket rider).
Particularly fond of puns, groan-inducing or no.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#17 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Oh, screw the FWC. I can wait till next year for a commissioned arts from Tom. Gonna work on my CS, tyen send it your way, Numbers.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#18 Post by Ketzal »

Is it me, or do we have a lot of guys that don't like to show off their faces?

(and yes, I know my character is one of the guilty parties)

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#19 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Im hating myself because im in college and i still cant spell carp. its horible
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#20 Post by y7h65 »

Hey, I don't know why most of the other guys don't show their faces. So far, we have two characters with an actual reason for not showing their faces.

Also, the last Gen2 slot has been opened again.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#21 Post by Lief »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Im hating myself because im in college and i still cant spell carp. its horible
I dunno, I'd say you spelled Carp pretty well!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#22 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

y7h65 wrote:Hey, I don't know why most of the other guys don't show their faces. So far, we have two characters with an actual reason for not showing their faces.

Also, the last Gen2 slot has been opened again.
Ooh, can I grab that?
Certified Jojo fan

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#23 Post by Hotep the psychic »

I think its a good idea not to show faces. It gives that mysterious quality to the characters. It could even be used as a story developer ahere all characters show each other their faces to past time.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#24 Post by y7h65 »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:
Ooh, can I grab that?
The only way you can reserve a spot is to send me an actual character sheet first.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#25 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Hotep the psychic wrote:I think its a good idea not to show faces. It gives that mysterious quality to the characters. It could even be used as a story developer ahere all characters show each other their faces to past time.
Considering that we're all supposed to be characters who've grown up under constant observation and training alongside dozens of people just like ourselves, I don't think there's much mystery involved.
EDIT: Cases where someone comes from an utterly destroyed bunker somewhat excepted, although you'd still expect some kind of shared records on any possible Changelings to be spread widely.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#26 Post by y7h65 »

Alright, I'm closing the sign ups now. If you haven't told me you're thinking of sending in a sheet then I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the next Chapter.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#27 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Question: Does using our adaptations take up Humanity, or just doing impossible things or forming new adaptations?
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#28 Post by y7h65 »

See if you have what I term passive adaptions, e.g things that just provide a stat boost or some other slight passive benefit, then you don't use Humanity. If you have Active Adaptions, which are what Jason's Pyrokinesis, Freemus's "Unlimited Power", and Glacial's Telekinesis are, then you do use some amount of Humanity. Granted, it's not a large amount but it is enough that if you decide to sling powers around for the entire RP, it'll cost you heavily.

Doing impossible things and forming new adaptions also uses Humanity but I already mentioned that.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#29 Post by Twippit »

Pre-approved and all that jazz.

Appearance:
Dwayne is golden-blonde with perfectly full, mid-length hair that does basically whatever he wants it to. He has light green eyes, very straight white teeth, and a tan complexion. From that description you might gather that he looks perfect (his face is a mix of Chris Pine and Brad Pitt). However, from the neck down he is misshapen.
His left arm from the shoulder down is huge and malformed, like a hulked-out Hunchback of Notre Dame. He has two right arms, joined at the shoulder, which end in four-fingered hands. Because of this, getting into shirts is …difficult, so he often goes shirtless or wearing a simple poncho.
Dwayne’s legs are heavily furred (the fur (6-7 inches long) matches his hair). His feet and extremities are hidden beneath the fur.
Dwayne’s casual clothes are a poncho, a belt with pockets, and a pair of sunglasses. He is 6’7”.

Name: Dwayne “Golden” Simmons

Race: Changeling

Generation: Third

Personality: Dwayne is timid and proud.
He accepted his role in the HUNTERS out of a sense of duty, but he doesn’t like this life and he regrets his decision. He is a coward, and shies away from violence whenever he can, allowing himself to get backed into a corner before lashing out. He doesn’t fit in with the other men, and while he’d never admit it to their faces, he’s quite frightened of the inhuman features of his comrades.
There is another side to Dwayne, however -one that won’t likely be seen very often in the present. Dwayne is very flamboyant and boisterous when he is comfortable. He is used to the spotlight, and enjoys showing off. He can be quite charming with regular humans (or human-looking changelings) when he forgets about his current predicament. Dwayne has a flashy signature.

Bio:
Dwayne “Golden Boy” Simmons was an actor, once. He starred in propaganda pieces such as “Crushing the Horde: A Look Into the Life and Death of Micheal Vangoth”, “Dying As Changed Men” and “Bunking with Benefits”. He never expected to become one of those …soldiers he portrayed. But fate is funny that way.
One day after a shoot just outside of the Hollywood celebrity bunker a few days before he was scheduled to be tested for Changeling abilities, Dwayne was walking his female co-star back to the bunk and complaining about the bitter cold when a rogue doppelgänger jumped the pair. Dwayne bravely told the young starlet to run back to the base while he fended off the beast.
At least, that’s the story he tells. Regardless of the truth, Dwayne fought a doppelgänger and it changed him for life. He was transformed into what he considers to be a monster. His acting career immediately ran dry as he was now an ugly beast and could get no roles outside of the realm of “monster”. Investigation is still ongoing about how a doppelgänger showed up in North America -official knowledge continues to state that they are limited to Europe.
When he was finally approached by a recruiter, Dwayne was frightened, but out of a combination of propaganda-fueled patriotism and the growing feeling of having no other options, he joined. Dwayne has regretted this decision ever since -he is no soldier, no matter what his medals and awards say.
This is his third month in the field.

Combat Section

Stats: base/frame/final
Strength: 3/4/6

Toughness: 4/6/6

Agility: 5/6/6

Dexterity: 2/3/2

Perception: 3/4/4

Frame:
Basic Muscle Packages: +1 Strength

Reinforced Armor: +2 Toughness

Basic Servomotors: +1 Agility

Lightweight Chassis: +1 Dexterity

Basic Sensor Package: +1 Perception

Frame Description:
Dwayne’s frame is very minimalistic. It covers his left arm, chest, and back entirely, and the left half of his face. This allows for maximum maneuverability with his extra arm, while still protecting his vitals.

WRATH Class: Liner

WRATH Description:
Dwayne has a battleaxe/shotgun combo WRATH. He also uses a shield as a secondary part of his WRATH.

Battleaxe mode
Shotgun mode (bottommost gun)

Shield: Dwayne usually holds his kite shield directly in front of himself in his lower right arm while firing his WRATH and pistol around the sides.

Other Equipment:

Pistol: Dwayne has a very stylized Gauss pistol -it’s modeled after a prop he used in a movie once.

Knives (3): Dwayne keeps three knives on him at all waking hours; one on his right ankle, one on his waist, and one on his left shoulder. They’re more for getting himself out of a tight jam than for combat.

Beauty Kit: Dwayne is vain enough to bring with him on this important mission… a wide selection of fashion accessories. He has ten brightly colored and patterned ponchos, four pairs of sunglasses, five combs of different sizes, hair gel, cologne, deodorant, soap, shampoo, conditioner, emergency hair color treatment, toothpaste, a toothbrush, floss, teeth whitener, tweezers, facial cream, a pair of zucchini, a face mirror/hairbrush combo, and a small travel makeup kit.

Bottled water (16): For showering.

Humanity: 90

Skills:
Not the Face: Dwayne is very keen on preserving what is left of his beauty. He gets a bonus to dodge melee headshots.

Expeditious Retreat: Dwayne is one hell of a runner when he needs to be. Usually he uses this skill to avoid fights, but he can deliver a nasty charge if he steels himself to.

Actually Quite Entertaining: Dwayne is a social genius, and often knows just the thing to cheer someone up -or at least make them laugh. Oooooor at least keep them from being bored for a while. Dwayne is really good at boosting morale, and he suspects that’s a big reason why he was chosen for this mission.

Adaptions:
Mutant Body: Dwayne has a second right arm. It’s taken some serious time to get used to, so while the arms are functional in regards to combat, they are a bit clumsy in general and Dwayne takes a -1 penalty to Dexterity.
Dwayne’s left arm is hulk’d out, and grants him a +2 bonus to Strength when using that arm.
Dwayne also has long hair covering his legs. While this doesn’t confer him any bonuses to his stats per say, they do keep him quite warm. I’d say not having to wear pants is a sizable bonus as well…

Theme:
General:
Combat:

Misc:
Dwayne hates anything with a floral print or horizontal stripes. Both look terrible, in his opinion.

Also, he keeps a “lucky ticket” on him at all times -it’s a ticket to his first show, “HUNTERS: The Hunting”.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by Nikolai-097 »

Appearance: Daiki Saito is tall, 1.83 meters, considering his parentage. His hair is long, dark and unkempt, though cut relatively short. Surprisingly he wears a pair of glasses to correct his vision after his eyes were damaged in the early years before joining the HUNTER program. While he could use some T-ENG to fix it, he doesn’t view the trade off as quite worth it yet.

Name: Daiki Saito

Race: Changeling

Generation: Third Generation

Personality: Daiki Saito is the mirrored image of his sister. He is controlled, meticulous, and polite. Despite being the younger of the two, only by a matter of minutes, he is more mature and responsible than his sister. Daiki has grown accustomed to being the person to answer for his sister’s pranks and practical jokes, almost to the point of being resigned to such a fate possibly forevermore. Admittedly, he does tend to provide the planning for her ideas, so he is not entirely free from blame. He is relentless, almost machinelike, in his pursuit of a goal. His forward momentum, his inertia, is the only thing other than his twin that he can rely on. Without his meticulously planned future and when faced with uncertainty, he prefers to step back and allow his sister to take charge. When interacting with others he tends to quiet, not engaging in small talk unless directly addressed. While he is polite, he is far from charming. A formality surrounds him as if he was never quite comfortable around people. Coupled with his tendency to speak the honest, if brutal, truth has made some distance between him and most of the other Hunter trainees. On the upside, he has been reprimanded far fewer times than his sister for both poor personal conduct and fighting with others.

Bio: Daiki Saito was born minutes after his older sister, Kazame, in a Bunker on the Russian Front. His parents were both researchers working on teasing out the secrets of Doppelganger physiology and had been on the Russian Front for nigh on decade when the twins were born. Unfortunately, their insistence on being present for the fieldwork lead to an early demise almost immediately prior to a new wave of assaults on the Bunker. They were six at the time of their parents death and it is likely that they would have been neglected as useless mouths in an already overtaxed bunker were it not for their older brother Katashi. By begging, borrowing, and stealing he managed to keep them fed long enough for him to join the UBSF. At first it was a simple step up from sleeping in hallways to sleeping in a cramped apartment made for one, but after it was noted that Katashi was eligible for the HUNTER program, they too were tested and found compatible. Several years passed, as they were too young to engage in combat training, they were pushed through the school system at an accelerated rate and hustled off at the age of 17 into the academic portions of their military education. It was immediately after they entered the HUNTER program proper that they received the news about Katashi and his unit being Missing In Action, presumed dead. Daiki kept his sister from rushing out with nothing but her raw powers on mission to save their brother. He assured her that the most optimal plan required them to stay on with the HUNTER program, if only to acquire the gear and information they needed to find Katashi. They have spent the last two years in the field tracking any and every possible lead regarding their brother.

Combat Section

Stats:

Strength: 5 [8]
Toughness: 4 [7]
Agility: 3 [3]
Dexterity: 4 [4]
Perception: 4 [4]

Frame:

Redundant Micro Actuators: +3 Strength

Up-Armoured Combat Plating: +3 Toughness

Basic Servomotors: Removed

Frame Description:
The Frame is intended primarily as a weapon platform/mount for his WRATH.
This is the general look of the Frame Here

WRATH Class:
Greatsword/HMG. This weapon is an experimental design, one intended to do away with the need to change a WRATH’s modes to deal with a rapidly closing foe. It is a double barreled gauss rifle with the blade in the center. For a balance between maneuverability and power, the barrels are 1 meter in length.
WRATH Description: Like this, but imagine someone with skill did it in Photoshop instead of MS Paint. I have no art skills.

Other Equipment
Three additional batteries.
1 Spare barrel assemblage

Humanity: 90

Skills:
Mindreader: Daiki and his sister have the uncanny ability to practically read the others mind and know what they will do before doing it. As a result they can enact surprisingly complex maneuvers with no prior discussion or planning.

Dominating Presence: Despite being quiet and reserved, Daiki’s intensity and focus give him immense presence. Off the battlefield, the twins capitalize on this to facilitate Kazame’s pranks. On the battlefield, this manifests as a brightly designed Frame and coached by Kazame, movement patterns designed to attract the attention of the Doppelgangers.

Stuck In: He has no problem switching from ranged combat to close quarters, though he forgoes precision for raw brutality to clear his immediate area using broad sweeping attacks.

Adaptions:
Weapon Swap: For reasons yet undiscovered, he and his sister can swap their WRATHs without the associated consequences. Whether this is due to their nature as twins, some quirk of their particular WRATHs, or just an adaptation that they have developed on their own are the current popular ideas.

Theme:
Thematic Music
Misc:
He and his sister finish each others sentences often, though in his case it is usually because he feels she is either mincing words or about to be get herself into trouble.
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!-Angry Marines Battle Cry