So what introduced you to twokinds?

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: So what introduced you to twokinds?

#16 Post by Jonesy »

I think I found some artwork about the characters last year, and after a while decided to look it up. I spent a good day or two catching up, which was amazing.

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#17 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Found comic pages while looking for... stuff. Googled character names. Stumbled upon comic. Read comic. Joined forum. Pretty much your average story right there...

ajwilli1
Apprentice

#18 Post by ajwilli1 »

[PURGE]

Chris
Templar

#19 Post by Chris »

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, in a time known as 2003/2004, webcomics were a new and popular thing for people to make. Especially ones that had a manga style. Me, being all into anime-related things at the time, ate them up. One of those comics I found was Twokinds, and I've been a reader ever since.

Incidentally, I was a reader of another comic whose main characters had a short cameo in Twokinds. I'll be damned if I can remember that other comic's name, though. Unfortunately that comic ended years ago, and was left unfinished because the creator couldn't keep up with it.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#20 Post by Bachaddict »

Kinda a long story :grin: : A user on the xkcd forums commented on another user's sigquote from Freefall. I went and read Freefall and a few related comics. Realising that I was actually furry, :mike: I talked to my classmate Voiced Otter, who I knew was a furry. He told me about Twokinds, and when I posted in the furry thread on xkcd it was recommended to me too. I read it all in two days and decided the art and plot more than made up for the uncomfortable font and common quasi-nudity. Today I decided to join here where I could ask my questions and talk to a larger community :)

First note: I saw Laura's death coming. It would have made a nice happy ending for Keith to get back together with her, but his relationship with Natani had too much plot potential to drop.
|This box is too sm|

torrens

#21 Post by torrens »

I believe I found it from Bad Webcomics Wiki (not the best source for information), but it was enough to get me interested.
Vorsicht, ich bin ein ich!

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#22 Post by Schrodinger »

torrens wrote:I believe I found it from Bad Webcomics Wiki (not the best source for information), but it was enough to get me interested.
That's a website full of people thinking that spitting venom around is the same thing as wit.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

torrens

#23 Post by torrens »

Schrodinger wrote:
torrens wrote:I believe I found it from Bad Webcomics Wiki (not the best source for information), but it was enough to get me interested.
That's a website full of people thinking that spitting venom around is the same thing as wit.
Agreed. They take everything too seriously.

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#24 Post by Bachaddict »

Or, like Encyclopedia Dramatica, they don't believe a word they say.
|This box is too sm|

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#25 Post by Schrodinger »

Bachaddict wrote:Or, like Encyclopedia Dramatica, they don't believe a word they say.
ED doesn't have this kind of noxious bile that BWW does, everyone knows it's all a sick joke.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

torrens

#26 Post by torrens »

Bachaddict wrote:Or, like Encyclopedia Dramatica, they don't believe a word they say.
Encyclopedia Dramatica is a bad Uncyclopedia clone, just more narrowed on a single topic.

Commander-Strife
New Citizen

#27 Post by Commander-Strife »

I... REALLY cant remember that for the life of me.

All I really can remember is that I found twokinds when it was about... 50 or so pages in or something. Can't totally remember sadly.

So... I guess to give an actual answer (other than "I forgot") would be...

The first page of TwoKinds when I first read it.
Outer Space is annoying. Wormholes are worse.

Deviantart

GAMINGREDNECK
Traveler

#28 Post by GAMINGREDNECK »

What I find funny is for me I found out about the comic before marklier and mark & Tom are brothers. How I got started on it is ( this may sound a bit strange) my grandfather works at a recycling company and every so often he brings something home from work and he brought home this comic still in its slip sheet and gave it to me. So I read it and thought it was nice and when I found it on the web I thought "well this is a good investment in time" but as I read on I started to see it as more a hobby than a time consumer and realized who would ever throw a comic like this away. But I'm really glad they did otherwise I would have never known of the comic ( still shame on you whoever threw it away :x )

UnnamedSG

#29 Post by UnnamedSG »

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=168

I stumbled upon this page one day and I've been nearly always up to date since

coincidentally, I really hate furries myself but the comic is good enough that I can ignore that half the characters are nude and are literal animals

Bachaddict
Apprentice

#30 Post by Bachaddict »

What do you hate about them?
|This box is too sm|