Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

backonninja
Citizen

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves (Current Chapter: 35) [Mature Content]

#376 Post by backonninja »

Jonesy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:42 am
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:27 am oh wow, penultimate chapter?! I can't believe it's almost over... I feel like there's so much more that the story could explore... I've really gotten to *know* Jakob and Zyanya and it's gonna be really sad to see their story come to an end :(
Well, if I can get the story published, I intend to do a sequel. In fact, I'll likely be doing quite a bit of re-writing in preparation for publishing, which will include splitting the current iteration of the story into two novels with more defined plot arcs. If all goes well, you'll be able to re-discover the story in a more well-written iteration, as well as follow the characters into a new adventure.
I have a few things to say.
1. Wow, that was a quicky if I've ever seen one (not that it was bad.)
2. YAY Update! :grin:
3. Penultimate chapter?! (;_;)
4. YAY Sequel! :mrgreen:
5. I personally like the way the story is now, but I'm open to new things.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#377 Post by Jonesy »

And here it is, folks. The culmination of four years of hard work. Kinda hard to believe it's finished, after all this time. It's a lot longer and went in a much different direction than my early ideas, but I'm still proud of it. And I'm looking forward to re-writing it into into something even better (and, hopefully, publishable).

But, above all, I'd like to thank everyone for their readership and support. This project's meant a lot to me, and I'm always excited to see people enjoy it.

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#378 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

awwwww :heart: :heart: :heart:
that was lovely :)

I look forward to reading the story again when you've made the revised version :P

amenon
Grand Templar

#379 Post by amenon »

Congratulations on finishing. You've made something many people love, and that's some powerful magic.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#380 Post by FrogSteaks »

Man, what a wonderful adventure this was. Still kinda hard to believe we've finally seen the end after all this time. Fantastic job you did, Jonesy. :)

I await any future works with great anticipation. Hopefully with some familiar faces, cause the ending seemed to be set up for continuation... :wink:
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

NinjaWithAStick
Merchant

#381 Post by NinjaWithAStick »

Make sure you let me know about the published version so I can shamelessly promote it everywhere I go after throwing my credit cards in your general direction.
And that's just my walking stick...

Jonesy
Templar Master

#382 Post by Jonesy »

Hey, everybody! I know it's been a while, but I thought I'd pop in and give a quick update. Despite a hectic semester at university, I'm currently three chapters into the rewritten version of the story. It's using some of the same beats as the original, albeit handled in a different manner to before. It's also being done completely from the ground up to make it a more cohesive experience, as well as to differentiate it from the web serial version when I look into publishing. At that point, I'll likely have to take the story down.

Anyway, here's a little teaser, to give you a taste of what the new version's looking like.

Spoiler!
From the deck of the departing ship, Zyanya watched her home burn.

Across the harbour, flames lapped the sides of the waterfront’s ramshackle wooden tenements. Plumes of smoke arose from the fires, backlit by the orange glow. It was difficult to tell if her own building was threatened, being several streets away and built from stone besides, but it didn’t matter. Listening to the ringing bells and occasional gunshot, Zyanya knew Kempsford would never be the same for her kind.

A sailor bumped into her, distracting her from the scene. All around her, the ship’s crew hurried back and forth on their last-minute preparations. Some hauled crates across the deck, while others manned the rigging. Up on the stern deck, her mother spoke with the captain in hushed tones. He kept his arms folded throughout the conversation, only extending a hand as Mother counted out his payment. Despite that, as she walked down onto the deck towards Zyanya, her expression was clearly troubled.

“We don’t have much time,” she said, handing over her coin purse. “The ship’s leaving for Esterton in a few minutes. Captain Evans gave me a good deal, so you’ll have plenty of money to land on your feet…”

“You’re not coming with me?” Zyanya asked, grasping her shoulders. “You have to! It’s not safe here anymore!”

Mother nodded. “I know. But our community needs me now more than ever. A lot of people are going to get hurt tonight.”

“And you could end up one of them. Or worse.” Zyanya drew a shaky breath. “I don’t want to lose you to this as well…”

Mother turned her head, staring out across the harbor. “Your father would want you get away from here. And I need to know that at least some of our family is safe.”

“Take some of this, at least,” Zyanya said, digging a handful of coins out of the purse. “If they’ve torched our building, you’ll need supplies. Assuming any of the humans will trade with you anymore…”

Reluctantly, Mother accepted the money, pocketing it. When she looked back up, tears were streaming down the brown fur of her muzzle. Zyanya felt tears welling up in her own eyes, and drew her mother into a tight embrace.

“I’ll write to you as soon as I can. I promise.”

“Focus on taking care of yourself, first,” Mother said, licking her cheek. “Once you get to Esterton, look for other lupusad. They’ll help you.”

Zyanya returned the gesture. “I hope so. Stay safe, Mother.”

“You too, Zyanya. No matter what happens, I’ll always love you.”

And with that, Zyanya was alone.
On a side note, I'm considering posting a Starbound fanfiction I've been working on to these forums. The fic's fallen by the wayside between university and H&L, but you guys still might get something out of it.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#383 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

awesome :)
good to hear things are going well, and I like the excerpt you shared :)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#384 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I have been really meaning to read this story but I haven't got the time. Hopefully i will get to read the "remastered" version
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

backonninja
Citizen

#385 Post by backonninja »

I'm excited to see the remastered version, but please leave the original up as well. ...I can't think of a good way to express my thoughts...

Jonesy
Templar Master

#386 Post by Jonesy »

backonninja wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm I'm excited to see the remastered version, but please leave the original up as well. ...I can't think of a good way to express my thoughts...
Ideally, I would, but unfortunately that would run the risk of hurting my chances of getting published. But I can assure you, the improvements and expansions in the new version will make it well worth it.

In the meantime, I've posted my Starbound fic, Protectorate Rising!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20303

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#387 Post by FrogSteaks »

Jonesy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 amIdeally, I would, but unfortunately that would run the risk of hurting my chances of getting published. But I can assure you, the improvements and expansions in the new version will make it well worth it.
Oh, so will the redone version be posted here as well, or is it just gonna be in the (hopefully) published version, cause the little snippet here was a nice little read.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jonesy
Templar Master

#388 Post by Jonesy »

FrogSteaks wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:55 am
Jonesy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 amIdeally, I would, but unfortunately that would run the risk of hurting my chances of getting published. But I can assure you, the improvements and expansions in the new version will make it well worth it.
Oh, so will the redone version be posted here as well, or is it just gonna be in the (hopefully) published version, cause the little snippet here was a nice little read.
I'm aiming to have it professionally published. I'll see if I can't provide a sample chapter or two here, but I won't be posting the full story. I basically need to make money off of it.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#389 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Jonesy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am
backonninja wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm I'm excited to see the remastered version, but please leave the original up as well. ...I can't think of a good way to express my thoughts...
Ideally, I would, but unfortunately that would run the risk of hurting my chances of getting published. But I can assure you, the improvements and expansions in the new version will make it well worth it.

So once you get published this thred will get nuke out. That is unfortunate.
Hopefully i will get to read it before that happens.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Jonesy
Templar Master

#390 Post by Jonesy »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 am
Jonesy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am

So once you get published this thred will get nuke out. That is unfortunate.
Hopefully i will get to read it before that happens.
As I said, I basically need to get the new version of the story published. Granted, it's going to take me a while to complete it (I'm only a few chapters in), so you should have time. And then you can rediscover the story all over again!