Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves

#46 Post by Jonesy »

Ask the Cast Issue #1 - 05 / 01/ 2015
Jonesy: "Hello, and welcome to our very first edition of Ask the Cast for Human & Lupusad! Tonight we are joined with one of our protagonists. Jakob, thank you for coming."

Jakob: "Thank you for having me here."

Jonesy: "You are most welcome. Now, our question tonight is from InceptionBwaaa, who would like to know what you think of the Keidran."

Jakob: "The what?"

Jonesy: "A race of felines, canines, lupines and vulpines from the webcomic TwoKinds. Here, have a read."

*Jonesy hands Jakob his phone*

Jakob: "What's this? A man in a forest. With no memory. Gods, what a cliche. And now he hears a... tiger? A tiger Keidran? OK, he saves her..."

*many hours later, Jakob slowly hands the phone back*

Jakob: "That... was an incredible experience."

Jonesy: "So, thoughts on the Keidran?"

Jakob: "Oh. Well... it would seem slavery is alive and well in their world, which is sad to see. Especially the casual offer of having a slave impregnated while her master stays at an inn. Even though most of the lupusad were once slaves, and some few still are in the colonies, we never stooped to such barbarity."

Jakob: "So, you're not impressed by the humans of the TwoKinds universe?"

Jakob: "Well... it seems some are a little more accepting of the Keidran. Trace, and Eric, for instance. Men after my own heart."

Jonesy: "You mean by sleeping with-?"

Jakob: "NO! That's not what I meant!"

Jonesy: "Sure, Jakob. Any other observations?"

Jakob: "Well... it seems that the humans are the ones who arrived in... whatever the place is called. It would seem they brought civilization to the Keidran, whereas in my reality the lupusad themselves were brought to civilization. As it were. Considering human culture was forced onto a different race in both cases, they're likely just as bad."

Jonesy: "Interesting comparison. Anything else?"

Jakob: "I'm also interested in mention of 'The Resistance'. I don't know if it actually exists, given the character who mentions it, coupled with the fact it is never mentioned again. But having a human group dedicated to saving Keidran from exploitative conditions is a fascinating prospect."

Jonesy: "Getting any ideas?"

Jakob: "Of course not. That would be illegal. Morally justifiable, but illegal."

Jonesy: "Only if you get caught! But I'm afraid we're out of time tonight. It's been a pleasure, Jakob."

Jakob: "Likewise. That... saga was quite fascinating. Very moving."

Jonesy: "Quite. In any case, that concludes tonight's interview. Goodnight Jakob, and goodnight readers!"

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#47 Post by Bellhead »

Interesting to see an interview with Jakob. This format isn't something I often see with a Q/A type of conversation, though it seems like it would fit quite well with Jakob and his quarrels with the social norms of his world. Well done. :)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#48 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#49 Post by Bellhead »

Always nice to see an update. Thanks, Jonesy.

Beginning of the chapter shows clearly how much Zyanya likes Jakob, even though she tries to hide it. I wonder if he'll decide to become more than friends, or wait a while...

As usual, can't wait for more. Awesome update.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

red.wolf
Merchant

#50 Post by red.wolf »

Im a pretty bad critic but i tend to rate the stories here with 3 choices. If it was a book, would i buy it, not buy it, or burn it. This would without a doubt make a book worth buying.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#51 Post by stumblinbear »

red.wolf wrote:Im a pretty bad critic but i tend to rate the stories here with 3 choices. If it was a book, would i buy it, not buy it, or burn it. This would without a doubt make a book worth buying.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
ImageImageImageImage

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#52 Post by FrogSteaks »

Found a rather humorous typo in this chapter...
The captain guffawed, and took a deep swig of bear as the cabin boy set down two plates of fish and mixed vegetables.
Hey, maybe it's a brand name or something...

I have to say, this is definitely one of the most well-written stories I have read. I very much enjoy reading each chapter. Keep up the good work Jonesy.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Jonesy
Templar Master

#53 Post by Jonesy »

FrogSteaks wrote:Found a rather humorous typo in this chapter...
The captain guffawed, and took a deep swig of bear as the cabin boy set down two plates of fish and mixed vegetables.

I have to say, this is definitely one of the most well-written stories I have read. I very much enjoy reading each chapter. Keep up the good work Jonesy.
I hate it when get those two things mixed up. Especially after what happened last time...

But thank you. It's always good to hear people are enjoying it.

Pichu162

#54 Post by Pichu162 »

Oh. Mah. Gawd.
Jonesy, this is probably the best thing ever!! (sorry tom :heart: )
i don't even... i can't think of any other stuff to say! i'll comment again when i do, dont you worry hehe!!
just keep writing this amaaaaaaaazing story!!!

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#55 Post by stumblinbear »

FrogSteaks wrote:Found a rather humorous typo in this chapter...

Who's taking a deep swig of me and why was I not invited?
ImageImageImageImage

Jonesy
Templar Master

#56 Post by Jonesy »

Speaking of Stumblinbear, guess who posted this on the Chucklefish forums?

Edit: Cripes, that image is bigger than I thought.

stumblinbear
Apprentice

#57 Post by stumblinbear »

Jonesy wrote:Speaking of Stumblinbear, guess who posted this on the Chucklefish forums?

-snippy-

Edit: Cripes, that image is bigger than I thought.
Yeah... I may have gotten carried away in resolution. :potatoes:
ImageImageImageImage

Jonesy
Templar Master

#58 Post by Jonesy »

Two new pieces of fanart, this time from Mystic_Wulf on the Chucklefish forums.

ImageImage

red.wolf
Merchant

#59 Post by red.wolf »

I've recently taken an extended brake from writing (lack of ideas) and would like to offer help to my personal favorite story on here. If you have anything from editing to whatever you can think of i would be more then happy to help.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Jonesy
Templar Master

#60 Post by Jonesy »

As planned, the time has finally come to take the story down for now, in preparation for future publishing of the re-written version. It's a pretty bittersweet moment; I've got a lot of great memories about uploading chapters and eagerly anticipating people's responses. I'd like to thank you all for following the story all these years, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I'll be keeping the thread itself up for now in order to keep you all updated on where H&L goes from here.​