Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Human & Lupusad - Of Men and Wolves [Mature Content]

#421 Post by Technic[Bot] »

That is a unexpected but welcome Christmas gift. This is the kind of surprised i enjoy!

I am still looking forward to the republishing, glad to hear it is almost finished. I should find my old copy. Both for comparison and because this is the kind of book you can enjoy twice.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#422 Post by Bellhead »

Glad everything is going well, nice to hear about the revisions.

Please keep us posted. I want one.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#423 Post by Jonesy »

Hey all! I know it's been a hideously long time since I last posted, but I am in fact alive! I spent a good half of last year working full time, which impacted my writing time quite a bit, and outside of that did a pretty major round of edits based on some professional feedback I received. I'm currently in the midst of reviewing the changes, and am aiming to publish sometime this year. What that will looks like remains open - I have a specific publishing house that accepts unsolicited manuscripts in mind, but I am warming to the idea of self-publishing via Amazon or some such. I'll have to see how it pans out. But rest assured, H&L is not dead by any means!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#424 Post by Bellhead »

Oh how I have waited for this...

Please keep us posted, and glad to see you still alive! :)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

James Polymer
New Citizen

#425 Post by James Polymer »

Jonesy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:57 am Hey all! I know it's been a hideously long time since I last posted, but I am in fact alive! I spent a good half of last year working full time, which impacted my writing time quite a bit, and outside of that did a pretty major round of edits based on some professional feedback I received. I'm currently in the midst of reviewing the changes, and am aiming to publish sometime this year. What that will looks like remains open - I have a specific publishing house that accepts unsolicited manuscripts in mind, but I am warming to the idea of self-publishing via Amazon or some such. I'll have to see how it pans out. But rest assured, H&L is not dead by any means!
:o :) :grin: :mrgreen:
Grins so maniacally that all nearby patrons in the bookstore simultaneously move several feet away
:shock: :oops:
Ahem~
Seriously, though, thank you for the update. I've been following this since well before the original version finished posting, and you are incredibly talented as a writer. You brought your world and characters to life beautifully, and the story grabbed me by the throat and didn't let go for a second. I can't wait to see the finished product! :mrgrin:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The mark of a truly wise man is that he acknowledges when he doesn't know @%$#." - Me

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#426 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Oh My god

It has been 80 years .jpg just kidding

Great to hear about you Mr Jonessy!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#427 Post by Dadrobit »

Jonesy wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:57 am Hey all! I know it's been a hideously long time since I last posted, but I am in fact alive! I spent a good half of last year working full time, which impacted my writing time quite a bit, and outside of that did a pretty major round of edits based on some professional feedback I received. I'm currently in the midst of reviewing the changes, and am aiming to publish sometime this year. What that will looks like remains open - I have a specific publishing house that accepts unsolicited manuscripts in mind, but I am warming to the idea of self-publishing via Amazon or some such. I'll have to see how it pans out. But rest assured, H&L is not dead by any means!
Welcome back! Glad to hear there's progress being made; reading through H&L was a big "this is a great community" moment in my history on the board and I'm glad to hear it's still alive and well out there! :mrgrin:

Jonesy
Templar Master

#428 Post by Jonesy »

Just providing a quick update - the publisher I submitted to didn't pick up the manuscript. I'm going to see about finding an agent, but that might take some shopping around as a lot of them don't want YA, fantasy, or YA fantasy. I'll keep you all posted how things pan out on that front.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#429 Post by Dadrobit »

Jonesy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:00 am Just providing a quick update - the publisher I submitted to didn't pick up the manuscript. I'm going to see about finding an agent, but that might take some shopping around as a lot of them don't want YA, fantasy, or YA fantasy. I'll keep you all posted how things pan out on that front.
Holding out hope for ya bud! :mrgrin:

Jonesy
Templar Master

#430 Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone! Got a couple of things for you. An update, first. I attended a writer's conference a few weeks ago and was able to pitch H&L to a couple of publishers and agents, and received some expressions of interest! It may take some time for them to follow up with me, but I'll keep you all posted if any of that goes anywhere.

In the meantime, I've started working on a fanfiction in my spare time between H&L and my early-stage sci-fi novel. The fanfic is a crossover between Star Wars and the Alien Chronicles trilogy, which was a series of novels that has been a massive influence on my writing as well as one of the main inspirations for H&L. Alien Chronicles actually started off as a planned Star Wars novel prior to licensing disagreements making it an original IP, but a few pieces of pre-Disney Star Wars canon referenced Alien Chronicles and implied it took place in the same universe. So, I decided to write a fic that not only picks up where both IPs have left off, but show the two worlds colliding. You can follow the fic either on this site, or on AO3.

viewtopic.php?t=20954

https://archiveofourown.org/works/42655 ... /107149545

Jonesy
Templar Master

#431 Post by Jonesy »

It's been a very busy year for me with work, but I have some good news and bad news about H&L! The good news is, I submitted it into a statewide writing competition and was one of just 25 people to make it onto the longlist! I didn't make it any further into the competition unfortunately, but I'm still quite proud to make it that far. It's certainly very encouraging.

Unfortunately, I later submitted H&L to an agent who I had been hoping to get in with for a few years now, and wasn't picked up. Disappointing, but I've got leads on a couple of other agents and publishers that might be suitable, so I'll keep trying.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#432 Post by Dadrobit »

Thanks for the update! Keep on keeping on! :mrgrin: