Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Last Man Posting

#15601 Post by Bellhead »

Does this mean I can bump that one story I read when I first got on here that I didn't get a chance to respond to?

[excitement-is-building face] :twisted:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#15602 Post by Hayate »

I have a feeling that you are up to no good
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15603 Post by Bellhead »

*hand across heart, head bowed, soft smile*

Oh, dear moderator... You know me so well. But I digress. For sake of sanity, I shall thus declare:

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. Mischief managed.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15604 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Should watch/read/hear. Harry Potter books at some point.

anyhow gona necro on of my own threads
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15605 Post by Bellhead »

In completely unrelated news, I have officially decided what my life's first major metal fabrication project will be. Now let's see if anyone can grasp my glorious futuristic vision, featuring my own brand of characteristic, futuristic, custom stupidity:

So, imagine one of these scooters. Turn the handlebars around then tilt them completely down, and turn the foot plate around so it sits like a seatback. My feet would sit on the frame tubes on either side of that central bar. Lengthen the frame (to fit an adult sitting where a child would stand), then put a lawnmower engine between the foot-plate-turned-seatback and the rear wheel. I'd have to make the frame from scratch, find a suitable seat, fabricate some brakes, and various other small things. I was also thinking about using dual rear wheels, kinda like this, so they both contact the ground when leaning.

Now, show of readers. Who understands what I want to do and thinks it's cool, who thinks it's insane, and who doesn't have a damn clue what I'm talking about? :P

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#15606 Post by Tornir »

So... a rear-engined chopper (trike?) scooter?
Will it be road legal?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15607 Post by Bellhead »

I don't know yet, probably not. I came up with this concept when I was like 6, mind you.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15608 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I remember a bunch of guys in college did that... sort of. There is even a whole competition around the idea.
https://www.bajasae.net/

So you take a lawnmower engine and you need to build a off road car from scratch using a lawnmower engine. Pretty cool project, SAE also host versions for formula cars and other associations such as ASME have human powered versions.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15609 Post by Bellhead »

As cool as that would be, it's a little too... mainstream. It's all been done, in various ways. To my knowledge, nobody's built a vehicle with the same configuration as I'm trying to come up with, so my level of awesome dumbness has still yet to be surpassed in this regard. 8)

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15610 Post by Neutral Smith »

I thought this would be a calm year...

But I hear rumors at work about going back to the Caribbean (Gulf of Mexico this time) for more work on the same vessel as I was on last time.

/me looks up when the hurricane season is

Might sound exciting, but it's not.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15611 Post by Bellhead »

Rough seas, and on the job at that. Yeah, that doesn't sound a fun as it sounds.

In other news, at work yesterday, this happened.

-How does it look?
~It's on fire.
-Why is it on fire, Bell?
~Uhhh... Don't worry, it's fine...
-Y U burning the shop down, Bell?
~Um, uh, er, uh... It's okay! It's supposed to be on fire! Crap... Smoke in my eye...

Gods I love working here...

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#15612 Post by Tornir »

I take it the shop didn't burn down then?
Is the burnt thing fixable?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15613 Post by Bellhead »

Baaaaahhhh. It's fiiiiiiiiine.

The waste oil furnace crapped out in the middle of last winter due to negligence on behalf of the maintenance crews the shop called to do the annual service as they failed to clean the filter on the oil feed line between the waste tank and the fluid pump, resulting in severely decreased flow and almost no pressure at the burner, ignition failure, abnormal nozzle spray patterns, and subsequently, a burn chamber whose walls were coated in unburned waste oil which ignited when the furnace lit off and hit temperature for the first time after I cleaned the filter and re-primed the system, shooting moderate flames of oil fire out the burn inspection hole that my face was right next to since I was manually shorting the thermostat wires to get it to kick on in the first place.

So yeah. Big metal box on the ceiling shot fire at my face. You know, normal stuff.
My boss, after hearing about all this, wrote:Don't tell me you burned the shop down again... Also, why are you fixing the heat when it's hot out?

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#15614 Post by The Blue Fox »

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15615 Post by Bellhead »

Indeed. Funny story, it faulted out last night, and I had to do the same thing this morning. I was messing with adjustments trying to get it to fire, and it shot smoke and ash right at my face.

So that gif is disturbingly accurate.