Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

Re: Last Man Posting

#15106 Post by Kellard »

I haven't tried it with chili. Ngl, though, I'd probably still like sugar better lol

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#15107 Post by Tornir »

You can get it with a bit of both.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#15108 Post by Hayate »

Ew
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15109 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:04 am
Chilli chocolate. Yum. The Nahua were on to something with that. :)
(Trust the Europeans to ruin it (and their teeth) by dumping a ton of sugar in it.)
And milk neither! Original recipe didn't have milk. Cows are something only existed in the new world and nahuas did not have similar livestock.

I had one of those once. It is spicy and tangy, really liked it. But not out if this world or something.

If you want a traditional Mexica recipe well you are out of luck because none of the recipes survived to today. But that has not stopped people from trying to recreate it

This is the most serious attempt at recreation i could find. Plus a history lesson Aztec chocolate: blood and spice

If you want something a bit more modern this Joshua Whitman video has a couple recipes for hit chocolate the last one is with Chile guajillo.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#15110 Post by Bellhead »

I'll probably make a couple enemies here by saying this, but my favorite chocolate is still just common milk chocolate, processing and all.

Doesn't need thousands of years of history to still be good, after all. :)
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#15111 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:55 am I'll probably make a couple enemies here by saying this, but my favorite chocolate is still just common milk chocolate, processing and all.
////
Not at all! That just means you're less likely to want a share of mine. :wink:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15112 Post by Bellhead »

Fair 'nuff.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#15113 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:55 am I'll probably make a couple enemies here by saying this, but my favorite chocolate is still just common milk chocolate, processing and all.

Doesn't need thousands of years of history to still be good, after all. :)
Why would anyone make enemies over chocolate?

I do like milk chocolate too and i have never been a chocolate, nor coffee, snob. But i have gravitated to less comercial/processed versions. Some of the real cheap stuff tastes like flavored fat...

In any case even the most processed and artificial stuff will inevitably have roots to the same cocoa plants from 500 years ago

Another fun chocolate fact is that despite being 110% American most of the cacao consumed in the world is grown in Africa. Most farmers there do not even know what it is used for nor have ever tasted chocolate.

Another tasty addition from Mexico to the world is vanilla. Most vainilla has to be fertilized by hand as the bee that pollinates it only lives in Mexico and has not been successfully introduced anywhere else
Making vanilla very expensive in general. Try Papantla vainilla if you get the chance that is still fertilized by bees
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15114 Post by Neutral Smith »

Why would anyone make enemies over chocolate?
We all know how a conflict involving tea has ended.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15115 Post by Bellhead »

On another note, I just finished watching Knight And Day again. Very honest former operative makes friends with a smarter-than-clueless blonde girl while on the run with a top-secret device. Generic plotline, that works because of the characters in it and not really for any other reason.
~You shot him!
-Yes, I did. Probably the best thing that ever happened to him.
~You shot my friend!
-He's gonna be fine. He's a firefighter. He'll probably get a promotion for it.
Honestly, I really wanted a good car chase. They had plenty of effects, explosions, fire... But they had this beautiful Pontiac GTO, driving down the highway, being followed, WITH AN ANGRY HOT CHICK BEHIND THE WHEEL, and we didn't get a car chase out of it. They played music over the sound of the engine. BLASPHEMY.

Oh, and I got three phone calls on my day off, because ANOTHER squirrel fried itself on the transformer outside the shop. That's two, in as many months. Granted, this time the transformer got hit by a truck first, but still. :evil:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#15116 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Squirrels have something with transformers i swear. And not enough common sense to go about it without frying themselves.

Ravens on the other hand....

Also where you expected to fix the transformer or something? Why would they call you?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15117 Post by Bellhead »

"Hey, half the shop went dark. How do we fix it?"

That, and I'm the only one who knows how to reset the system, restart the AC, and I'm also the only one who knows how the compressor's power safety lockouts work. All of which were needed.

That compressor uses 3 breakers, a triple throw switch, 3 time delay fuses, two more switches, two GFI programmable mechanically controlled relays, and a surge protector. In that order. It's nuts, and I'm the only one there who knows where all the switches are and what they do.

Damn squirrel...

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#15118 Post by Kellard »

Hammond I am die

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15119 Post by Bellhead »

#Whoosh

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15120 Post by Neutral Smith »

Aim for the stars, and land on the moon.

That also went over my head.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.