Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

Re: Last Man Posting

#15571 Post by The Blue Fox »

Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:17 am I can take apart the remote control, and I almost can put it back together.
I learned how to take apart games console controllers to clean them and then put them back together again when mine started acting up and I googled probabale causes and contacts being dirty came up.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#15572 Post by Bellhead »

See, you guys take them apart and put them back together. Usually I just take them apart, get them to work, then leave them working in pieces.

It fits my aesthetic.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#15573 Post by Tornir »

You should've been a doctor.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15574 Post by Neutral Smith »

For those who didn't understand, it was about the lyrics of this song:
phpBB [video]

Some person I don't like made his own version, got a lot of dislikes, and then Flobots responded to that again:

phpBB [video]
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15575 Post by Bellhead »

I remember those days... I used to take songs like that, and Flo Rida's version of Right Round, and cut out the rap sections completely. Interestingly enough, I actually liked the chorus enough to include them in my regular playlist, but the rap just threw me off too much to keep.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15576 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I replaced my siwtch joycons myself. Was easier than expected.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#15577 Post by The Blue Fox »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:38 pm I remember those days... I used to take songs like that, and cut out the rap sections completely. Interestingly enough, I actually liked the chorus enough to include them in my regular playlist, but the rap just threw me off too much to keep.
I've encountered a number of songs I like save for a certain section myself. Some sections are longer than others. It's either some lyrics I don't like for one reason or another, or a change in the instrumental music, a change in the pacing of the melody...stuff like that...sometimes a combination of stuff like that...in fact, there's very few songs that I would label "perfect" in all relevant areas. "Lose Yourself" by Eminem is one of them. It stays on theme in all areas. (Pretty much all of Eminem's songs do, come to think of it) It's as popular as it is for very good reason/s. It's one of those iconic songs that very few other songs can match.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15578 Post by Bellhead »

Unrelated note, my boss's boss asked me today if I would like to be part of a "focus group", where they would discuss "thoughts and feelings". I couldn't yell at him because he's too high up, so I just looked him in the eye, with several coworkers around, and said "How 'bout no?" until he stopped asking.

I am a mechanic. By nature, I have no filter. I will blurt out whatever I happen to be feeling a the moment, typically with rather colorful language, at a moderately loud volume. Discussing feelings, with the general manager, in a calm and rational environment? And he thought I was the best person to ask? I am simply amazed at how dense management can be.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#15579 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Maybe they asked you for that same reason:

Hey what about you ask the angry young mechanic we employ, he wont like it but at least we can say we tried all we could!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15580 Post by Bellhead »

That was his reasoning, from what I gathered. "I think you'd be great for it".

That said, he knows our issues, or at least has been told them many times. Our service manager, above us but below the GM, knows what he's doing. Unlike most others, his primary objectives are for the people under him; making sure we have all we need to do our jobs, making sure we all make as much as we can, that sort of thing. If we have a grievance with something, he already knows, and has brought it up with whoever needs to hear it.

The GM, on the other hand, always seems to have his eye on the profit margin, rather than employee morale or satisfaction. This is why we have an ATV in the shop to push cars that don't move, because he was too cheap to buy the car pusher we were supposed to have. He also has this nasty habit of driving the most expensive SUV trade-in he can get his hands on, as a demo car. Porsche, Cadillac, you name it. And there's a reason we don't let him plow like he wants to...

And that is the guy that wants me to attend this meeting about thoughts and feelings. Yeah, no. I'm good. If he could just adopt a policy of laissez faire and just let us work, we'd be fine. But apparently our profits are too low for his liking, so he keeps trying to interfere with how we do things. Hats off to our service manager for keeping him off our backs, I can't imagine how much crap he has to put up with, what with techs, Parts, Sales, service advisors, customers... I know I could never do what he can, and does, on a regular basis.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#15581 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Handling people is generally the most complicated part of any work. My boss is a decent engineer but has a hard time understanding people and/or getting himself heard. Just yesterday some guy went: Yeah going to step out till 3:30 you do it.

I do not wish to ever be in my boss shoes.... And i fear they want me to take over him...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15582 Post by Bellhead »

I'd rather be the guy in the back corner who knows all the weird stuff, anyway.

Just today, even, my boss asked me if the shop door was working, since it cut out again. I said I fixed it, and his exact response was "Nice job," before turning away with no questions. But when it comes to talking to people...

Yeah. I know my place. And I'm pretty damn happy with it.
I wrote:People keep asking me if I want to go somewhere I could make more money, or work on better equipment. My answer is always the same. Do you honestly think I'd be able to get away with HALF the [censored] I do here and still have a job afterward?

microwave

#15583 Post by microwave »

e

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15584 Post by Bellhead »

Hello, person. Atmospheric conditions are favorable this cycle.

microwave

#15585 Post by microwave »

olleh, nosrep