Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

Re: Last Man Posting

#15556 Post by The Blue Fox »

I see one major drawback to using your actual physical real life body as the controller and that's it moving around in actual physcial real life and crashing into who knows what coz you can't see.
You're gonna need something to hold you in place like an omni-directional treadmill and/or some kinda harness, like in Ready: Player One.
I've seen footage of people controlling VR while just sitting in their chair so I imagine there's some way to make your character move around using just hand controls.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15557 Post by Technic[Bot] »

The Blue Fox wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:37 am I see one major drawback to using your actual physical real life body as the controller and that's it moving around in actual physcial real life and crashing into who knows what coz you can't see.
You're gonna need something to hold you in place like an omni-directional treadmill and/or some kinda harness, like in Ready: Player One.
I've seen footage of people controlling VR while just sitting in their chair so I imagine there's some way to make your character move around using just hand controls.
You can also use normal controllers, but it kinda takes away from the experience as it turns into a first person social simulator instead of a vr experience. But hey if your friends all hang in the vrchat and you do not have that cash you can still hang with them with only a controller
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15558 Post by Neutral Smith »

I think I will ignore people who write in an unreadable font color.

My color scheme for this forum (can be set in the preferences) is Subsilver Dark, and I'm not going to change that.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

The Blue Fox
Traveler

#15559 Post by The Blue Fox »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:01 pm
The Blue Fox wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:37 am I see one major drawback to using your actual physical real life body as the controller and that's it moving around in actual physcial real life and crashing into who knows what coz you can't see.
You can also use normal controllers, but it kinda takes away from the experience as it turns into a first person social simulator instead of a vr experience. But hey if your friends all hang in the vrchat and you do not have that cash you can still hang with them with only a controller
I don't really have any friends period, let alone ones that exclusively hang out in VRChat, so I think I can afford to wait until I have money to burn to be able to have the full VR experience.
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:48 am I think I will ignore people who write in an unreadable font color.

My color scheme for this forum (can be set in the preferences) is Subsilver Dark, and I'm not going to change that.
Oh. My apologies, I was not aware this forum had a dark mode. I've just always written any posts in IIRC and phpBB forums in dark blue font where available, and switching to a lighter blue for forums that use a dark skin.
*looks at the dark skin* Yeesh, yep, one can barely make anything out.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#15560 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah. I usually have to highlight your lines to read them. Tis a pain.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

The Blue Fox
Traveler

#15561 Post by The Blue Fox »

Curse me and my blue text quirk! :P

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15562 Post by Bellhead »

~If you want BLUE, well you GAT IT~

... though I suspect that reference is both too obscure and too old for most of you to catch on...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

The Blue Fox
Traveler

#15563 Post by The Blue Fox »

Yep, too obscure for me.

I'm blue, da-ba-dee, da-ba-die....

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15564 Post by Bellhead »

Yeeeaaaahhhh, this isn't really the crowd that would get it.

AC/DC, If You Want Blood. ~If you want BLOOOOD, well you GAAAT IT~

I... used to run sound for a cover band that played it...

The Blue Fox
Traveler

#15565 Post by The Blue Fox »

Huh. I googled the quote and I think that was one of the results but I didn't catch it coz you'd replaced blood with blue. XD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15566 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah. That happens.

Just like,
"I can drive my car with no tie rod ends.
No tie rod ends.
No tie rod ends."

That one should be easier to figure out, if you've heard the original song. It was pretty popular for a while.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#15567 Post by Hayate »

I can ride my bike with no handlebars
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15568 Post by Bellhead »

Ah, congrats.

In other news, I now have the original version of the first-hand slow motion video of the single most badass moment of my career thus far:
Riding an ATV, indoors, drifting, in a bright colored leather snowmobile jacket, unzipped, with beard and aviators, brushing back my flaming hair.

For... obvious reasons, I can't just post it somewhere... But I'll find a way to show the people who want to see it. Because the first few seconds of that video were AWESOME.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15569 Post by Neutral Smith »

I can take apart the remote control, and I almost can put it back together.

More complex machines are no problem though, it's just the plastic clips of remote controls that tend to break.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#15570 Post by Tornir »

Neutral Smith wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:17 am I can take apart the remote control, and I almost can put it back together.
I've repaired a stepped-on remote that was in two* pieces once. That was fun... :roll:

*Main pieces, not counting the little bits of casing.