Treated in Kind IC

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

Re: Treated in Kind IC

#16 Post by Phantom »

Sooo, some sort of dodgy job eh? he thought to himself, Well an opportunity to get out of here at least.

He had carefully planned his steps, he would be sure that they might need his 'Talents' on their little adventure, and so he put together a little sketch and carefully tried to time his move for maximum effect. Fabien had just finished his stew when he was bout to put his plan when a wolf keidran had tumbled down the stairs. He was as shocked by the markings on her back. Fabien recognized the emblem instantly, he had seen it at his past employers domain. A mixture of feelings suddenly overcame him and put him off balance. These were accompanied by a series of unpleasant memories from his younger years, some of difficult choices that he has had to make.

Putting down his mug half angrily half sadly, he decides to put his past once again aside while he deals with current events,and thus he makes his move now while the whole tavern seemed to be in shock. Moving quickly and swiftly, he manages to intercept the human, making it look like he was going to aid the wolf as well, and bumps into him softly as he heads towards the wolf, swiping his purse and hiding it quickly within his pockets. He decided to wait a while before talking to the human, seeing as now would not be the appropriate time to talk business.

Unlike the rest of the tavern, Fabien did not head to the wolf keidran. The strong feeling of shame once again overtook him and he could not bare to look at the wolf. He returns to his table and sits there, this time staring at the fire in the fireplace, his mind clearly somewhere else then here as he was deep in thought. Whether it was regret for not acting, or his shame for playing a part in it, he had not thought that such business would run this high north, and he had hoped to have escaped it. This changed his whole plan.

If they knew he was up here, it could make it a lot harder for him to leave, and he was sure that it could be the end of his daring escape.
He quickly shook the idea out of his head, No, if they knew I was here i'd be in chains now not sitting in a tavern. The festival has masked my entry. Who knows they might not be searching for me after all, but on the other hand.... he thought, as his mind raced to plan, to figure out and to try and convince himself that things were all right, as he sought to put order into his mind.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by Stryder221 »

"Calm down, you lot! And you, keep the crystals away! Everyone else, just shut up for a second!"
Bastion had all but shouted to the crowd, to a snow wolf trying to heal the former slave (And getting panic in return), then to the growing crowd again.

The wolf-girl was stuttering, which was understandable considering the trauma she'd likely suffered from her captors, and had switched speech to keidran. Sadly, the basitin was not very familiar with the language, and only knew bits and pieces of it, just enough to know she wanted help. That much was obvious, but she was NOT "fine".

I can't believe this... She looks so weak! Could Williamson really have a hand in this? Was this the kind of trading he meant?
With these thoughts in mind, Bastion shot a suspicious glance at the human in question.
One way or another, he will answer to me. I'll have my answers soon enough.

The crowd was getting angry, that much was certain. And as the wolf girl clung to the cloak of a nearby fox, he turned to face them.
"Enough! If you're so outraged, go take this up with the guards! One of you, go tell their captain to make sure no cargo leaves until this is resolved, be it by land or sea! They're bound to pay attention with an issue like this, moreso if at least two, three, or even four people send the word."
He said loudly to them in a commanding voice, barely keeping a hold on his temper. Humans would bicker and argue about right and wrong, but never seemed to take matters into their own hands until it was too late.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Ace5762 »

A couple of the sailors who had gathered round laughed mirthlessly.
"The town guard? Don't be daft. Any who aren't off their heads tonight probably already got bribed off by the buggers" said one
"You can fetch em yourself if you think they'll help, but we should be a bringing a fierce justice down upon them a'fore they leave port" he said, with a flurry of agreement from his compatriots. It was a small handful of sea-hardened men and keidran that were getting riled up, now. The other bargoers weren't interested in putting themselves in danger, quite a few of them only being in town for the festival.
"If y' can find them, boys" Conroy chipped in"Slavers are nothin if not prided in discretion"
A keidran dock worker flicked an ear irritably and spoke to Rune.
"<If they are still looking for her, perhaps we can find one and interrogate him ourselves? We must intercept them before they leave>"

The conversation was broken for a moment as a bit of a delicate looking girl arrived with the innkeeper's wife, who was explaining the situation to her. She nodded in a businesslike way and weaved her way in toward Naira.
"Come on now, you're hardly letting her breath, you drunkards. Back up a bit, I need to take a look" she said whilst pushing people aside in a rather unladylike way. With a bit of mumbling, the inn crowd did part a ways and stand back from the scene, some at the back simply returning to their drinks while watching the scene. Things had quietened down a bit now, but the gang of seafarers were still bickering about how to address the situation.

"<Hello dear?>" said the cleric, speaking in quite clear keidran to Naira as she knelt with the others beside the prone wolf "<You're in a bad way, don't try and move, you'll make it worse>" she said.
"<You know how to heal?>" she said to Rune "<We can clot the bleeding with magic, and then move her upstairs to get those splinters out and bandage her properly- Abigail won't mind us commandeering a room>"
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#19 Post by Ketzal »

A quiet place...I really thought I was going to find a quiet place here...

The bar had turned into nothing short of pandemonium after the Keidran wolf came down from the stairs. Bael had been ready to make his move on the client after overhearing the conversation, but he doubted the man was going to be talking business anymore with an injured wolf lying on the ground. He sighed and left his mug, not really interested in the commotion that was behind him, but not seeing what else he could do to get the client's attention at this point.

He heard a mention of slavers, which made him raise his eyebrows a little. It wasn't uncommon knowledge that slavers were vehemently despised here. Despite his nature, he couldn't help but wonder what possessed them to dock during an event that was devoted to friendship between human and Keidran. Getting more curious than he normally allowed himself, he went to the edge of the crowd and peeked at the wolf through the throng of onlookers.

He could see that it was a gray-furred wolf, the same kind that had busted through the front doors earlier. He guessed that she had been in bad shape, but he hadn't realized the extent of her injuries. Looking at her, he could see various gashes and splinters. While he couldn't see it entirely, he noticed something outlined at the side of her neck, leading to the back. He craned his neck to see, noticing that the skin seemed to be burned there. A marking...

...marking...

Bael suddenly clutched at his chest, old wounds giving him phantom pains as he suffered a miniature flashback. A knife, blood, blackness....

He stumbled and grabbed at the bar with his other hand. Gods, calm down! Breathe, just breathe...

He needed to focus on something, anything else. Closing his eyes and let out a shaky breath, trying to remember what he was in here for again. Work...something about work. A job, that was it. A job with...who? He looked around, trying to regain his composure, and saw the man that the Basitin was talking to earlier among the crowd of onlookers. Great...

While he figured out a bit of the story from the bits of conversation he picked up, Bael still didn't know what exactly was going on. He strode over and forced his way through the crowd, coming up beside the man. "What happened to her?"

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster
Location: In the land of Mountains, lacs and hills. Where the rails meet, binding the knot.

#20 Post by Phantom »

His train of thought broken by a call that comes from the crowd that appeared to be directed at him. Fabien turns to face the direction from which he believes the call comes from. He see's the wolf that had attempted to heal the wounded keidran with his mana stones and spell book, but had scared her more then helped. He stares for a moment, before finishing in one go the rest of his drink, and then gets up and strolls over to the bar. His face remains serious, although his eyes water slightly, revealing Fabiens inner turmoil to anyone who would pay attention to it.

"<If the slavers really are shipping out a cargo from this port, I think they would make sail as soon as possible having discovered part of their 'cargo' missing. They might have left a few men to either regain their cargo .......>" he said, leaning over the bar to serve himself another large drink of keidran ale.
"< or to silence it at least....>" he added, murmuring in a lower tone not thinking about his choice of words after another gulp of drink.

Having finished this second drink rather quickly, he takes out a coin from his own purse placing it on the counter of the bar. He turns to face the crowd that had seemed to calm slightly.
"[Well if you wish to catch them you gentlemen better get started!]" he said in his accented but loud and slightly tipsy voice.

"<As for me, I do not see where i could be of much use to you.>" he said, trying to pretend that he did not know much.

"<You were lucky to have made it out without too much of a wound my dear...>" he said to Naira
"<Not everyone is as lucky. Come let us get you off that hard floor and into a more comfortable chair.>" he added, stretching out a friendly arm to help her out.
As he did so, it became obvious that he had been shackled before, as the fur around his wrists was worn and the outline could be seen.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#21 Post by Stryder221 »

Bastion swore loudly in his natural language upon being told the guards were basically useless.
"{Idiots! Idiots everywhere! Never would you see such incompetence on the isles!}"
He paced angrily back and forth for a few moments, then turned to face the crowd again.

"If the guards won't help, then we must indeed take matters into our own hands. If any of you are willing, make sure nobody leaves town, especially if they're carrying cargo. If anybody asks, tell them the truth, you're part of a band of concerned citizens worried about rumours of slavers, doing the guard's job because they can't seem to crawl out of a bottle!"

He paused, then shot a warning glare to the angered sailors and keidran.
"Let me make myself clear, though. I will NOT have a riot on my hands. We're law-abiding citizens, not common thugs. I will personally deal with anyone who thinks otherwise."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Chaosye »

As the crowd was quieted down by various considerate fellows, Naira slumped back down onto the bare floor. Perhaps a lack of muscle movement would lead to a lack of mental movement, but this weak attempt at emotional meditation did not lead to as clear a goal as she would have hoped.

The quiet, as Naira soon discovered, proved to be far more accommodating to tumultuous thoughts than the previous ruckus was. The group of irate sailors planning to bring down a fiery justice was proving itself to be a group that Naira eagerly wished to join; what better sight would there be than to see those [censored] smashed to bits? Realistically, it's unlikely any of the sailors would go to that level of violence, but Naira...

The appearance of another cleric jolted Naira back into the conscious realm. Her intervention had definitely made up her mind: telling her to sit and wait? Telling her to lie down? Who does she think Naira is?! Who do you think you are? She sat up, quickly pulling herself away from the two healers, the anger, adrenaline, and associated irrationality began to fill her vigor once again. She was practically fuming when she barked at the cleric,"<I am not going to lie down as long as the men who owned me are still walking! I am not some property to be ordered around or repaired!>" Naira began to stand, with wobbling legs, and turned her attention to Fabien. In her still half-wild state, she hardly realized anything more about the person except that he was speaking Keidran. Is he saying I'm weak?! Naira, stood fully up now, yapped at him too, "These are not even wounds! They are hardly scratches!" The bleeding was, in fact, beginning to grow rather profuse with her rapid and eccentric movement, but she was not going to stop because of that!

Naira took a few steps towards the crowd of sailors, and pushed right past Bastion. She hardly understood a word he said, and even if she did Naira would have likely been in great disagreement. To all others, those steps of hers seemed particularly rickety, but they appeared vigilant to her rapidly diminishing vision. ""<Men! Those bloody slavers are going to be shown retribution! They will face the punishments those damned creatures have forced on my people! And it will be a thousand times worse! They will->"

Suddenly she realized the sailors had turned into blobs of various earthy colors, as did the Basitin she was now standing next to, and that she had only been saying every other word of that spiel, and without very much enunciation. Or coherence of any sort. Rather profound amounts of blood loss, a complete lack of food and water, years of poor nutrition, and a very erratic erection of her body led to a great deal of blood leaving her upper body, and the effects of such movement had become very palpable. She was feeling considerably less headstrong at this point, in all senses of the word. Maybe those two healers and the various other people in the tavern were in the right about resting a bit. Huh.

She let out a weak wheeze before her precarious legs fell out from under her, and her vision went black.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#23 Post by Ace5762 »

Rune nodded to the sailor. "<As soon as we help this young wolf with her injuries.>" He then looked to the human trying to help Naira. "<I have a very basic level of skill with magic, but the book I carry has intricate details on magic, and I have some stones from my master.>" Rune opened his book back to the page on stopping bleeding and read his cliff notes and instructions. He quickly memorized what he had to do and closed the book, placing it in his bag. "<Ready when you are.>"

"<That's very good, glad for the assistance>" Said the cleric while she flexed her shoulders a bit. She was bit staggered but got to her feet with an air of practiced professionalism as the wolf shunned their aid and attempted to get up and away from them, she made a very frustrated huff.
Ms. Carpenter was no stranger to the difficulty of some patients, particularly keidran. When the girl did start to inevitably faint, she stepped forward briskly.
"<Alright, you silly girl, I've got you. No-one's here to put you in chains, we just want to help>" she said, catching Naira by her shoulders and easing her back down to the floor.
"Damn Keidran, always so hard-headed. Um, sorry" she said, giving a weary smile to Rune.
"<Let's carry on with this, then- after three. One, two, three...> Curare Volnus" she said, a faint white glow seeping from her finger tips as she pressed her palms against the wolf's chest.

Rune in turn focused, his mind drifting into picturing the wounds healing themselves, and putting his own somewhat lacking skills into the aid of healing. When the spells ceased, he saw that they had done a small bit more than expected, the bleeding stopped and the wounds somewhat closed around the splinters, but it at least hadn't used any extra energy than necessary. "<Amazing. I believe we did that perfectly.>"

((OOC: Gabriel and I wrote this together through pms, if anyone's confused))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the sailors folded his arms and gave Bastion a nasty leer.
"I suppose big ears considers himself the coordinator of this little situation, does he? Typical of your lot- though I heard Basitin were fighting folk. Guess that must have been mistaken, right lads?"
The other men and keidran chuckled in approval.
"Come on, we'll start asking the boys at the docks, and maybe the harbormaster's still sober. Find out what ships have been going in and out" he said, leading the rabble out of the inn through the festival crowds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conroy was passively observing now, stopping for a moment and frowning as he patted his belt for something missing. He sighed and rolled his eyes in frustration before Bael come up to him.
"Hm? Oh it's a righ' bad state of affairs, friend" he said, letting a half-sigh escape.
"This missy here's a runaway. Slaver ship in port, is what they's saying"
He held his thumb between his teeth in a concerned way, watching the healing at work.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by Stryder221 »

Bastion had returned the leer with a glare of his own, temper quickly rising.
As soon as they left, he let a small sigh escape him and leaned against the bar.

"Grr... {Gorillas and wild animals, the lot of them...! To think, I could be reduced to commanding peasants!}"
The Basitin grumbled silently to himself, gnashing his teeth in frustration. He clearly wasn't happy with how the "peasants" had taken his orders.
At least they're taking action. That's better than normally expected... I'm not on the isles anymore, I should be thankful they bothered to pay attention.

Taking several deep breaths, he managed to cool down to the point where he at least didn't want to bash someone's head into the wall.
Right after, he stepped over to Conroy, tapping him on the shoulder.
"Williamson. We need to talk for a second. Upstairs, As soon as is convenient."

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Ketzal »

"Slavers, huh..."

Not really a surprise to Bael. Despite the bad timing, Slave-driving was one of the blackest markets around, and the most lucrative. As far as he knew, people had to pay big bucks to get a furry servant, with transportation, protection, and all sorts of made-up costs that the slavers came up with for a little extra cash. It was a dirty trade, though, not even one that Bael would find himself in. He didn't care about people, human or Keidran or otherwise, but he sure didn't like seeing people reduced to the wolfess lying on the floor, either.

That wasn't his issue, however. He had a goal when coming in here, and still did. At least now he had the client all to himse-

"Williamson. We need to talk for a second. Upstairs, As soon as is convenient."

He turned back to seeing the Basitin talking to the man, apparently ready to leave the scene and steal away Bael's next chance at a job. "Hey, what's the rush? Still got a bar here with a good few pints." He nonchalantly walked up to the two, dropping his voice a little. "Got a shipment with 'special' goods, am I right? Might need more than just Chuckles here to help with that."

Phantom
Templar GrandMaster

#26 Post by Phantom »

Fabien was surprised by her sudden outburst and was surprised to see her get up and brush him as side, apparently offended by his comment. 3...2...1...there she goes he thought, as he found himself next to human he had pick-pocketed earlier.

"[Well at least she still has her spirit. They did not manage to break that from her.]" he said with a sigh of relief.
He turned to face the man whom he had targeted earlier. Thinking he had missed his chance, and that this had now erupted which meant he had to rethink his plans. He heads back to his table where he picks up his book along with the letter. The crowd in the tavern seemed to be cooling off, some heading back out to the festival while others heading back to their tables and their drinks.

Fabien decides to try and figure things out in the morning, seeing as the man was busy and Fabien's headache was getting worse. He makes his away a cross the room again, this time stopping infront of the man. He ruffled into his pockets and takes out the mans coin purse, placing it firmly in his hands.

"[By the way, I believe this is yours sir. Best be careful around here.]" he said to him with a small grin and a wink before making his way up to his room where he sets down his book down on the dresser in the room and heads to the window to inspect the street only the find the festival was still going strong.
No... They won't be looking tonight, not with this many people around, would be dangerous. But they might not be far off. he thought as he looked outside

((Edited the ending a bit))

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Ace5762 »

"<Yes, but we need to get those splinters out, help me carry her upstairs>" said Ms. Carpenter, moving around to take lift around Naira's shoulders.
"Abigail! We need a quiet room upstairs to take a look at her. I don't want to go dragging her through the festival and all" she called.
"Take ours for now, love" replied the innkeeper's wife

---------------------------------------------------------

"Ay, well. Looks like they're off" said Conroy as the sailors jostled past everyone, flexing his fingers anxiously. Criminal activity running amok in the Festival of beasts might bring attention to the other lowlives around town.
Conroy looked over his shoulder, snapped out of thought as Bastion approached him.
"Oh, well- I.." he began, before being interrupted by another man, giving him a odd look.
"Your ma ne'er tell you it was rude to be eavesdroppin'?" he commented.
And now his stolen money was being pressed into his hands! A slightly annoyed and a little intoxicated Conroy ducked away from the people around him and stood at the stairs.
"I'd prefer best not to huddle around schemin' down here, boys" he said "You meet me in my room at the end of the hall when when you're ready to talk business"

((Azreal, I'm afraid you can't post in this thread. The sign ups for this are currently closed. Please delete your post))
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by Stryder221 »

"And how would you know about that you damned eavesdropper!"
Bastion said irritably to the nosy human, forgetting the fact he had done the same, himself.
The fact that someone had apparently stolen from his employer (Though he didn't know how much longer that would be) didn't improve his temper any, either. Only the fact that the thief had returned Conroy's missing purse kept him from trying to haul him off to the guard.

Intending to question his employer, the Basitin quickly walked up the stairs after him.
If not that, then to at least keep him safe. He didn't trust the fox following Conroy as well.

Then again, he didn't trust anyone.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Ace5762 »

Conroy swung the door to the parlour open, raising an eyebrow as a clinking sound came from the other side of the door as it was opened.
"Ah, hm-"
He knelt down to pick up the white bottle that had been thrown aside and had leaked its contents over the floor. The smell of the strong spirit was pungent, and Conroy coughed loudly.
"Oh- Firelily Whiskey! I ought give a sound thrashing to whoever spilled this stuff" he said with a little sigh as he set the near-empty bottle aside. A maid probably wasn't going to attend to it, with all the commotion downstairs going on. He turned his head as the healers came upstairs, peering at the girl who'd come tumbling in a handful of minutes ago. Still unconscious, but at least not bleeding freely.
The others who he'd either chatted to, or had eavesdropped him we're coming up too.
"Alright, Bastion m'lad- come on in" he said, standing aside for the Basitin.
"You- saw you downstairs, too. Listenin' in. Answer me this: What colour are a tiger's spots?" he queried the young fox keidran who had arrived.
The question was ludicrous, but Conroy maintained a fixed expression and blocked the entrance to the parlour.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Chaosye »

Ms. Carpenter politely bowed to the innkeeper's wife, Abigail, "Much appreciated." Abigail threw her a key, and Ms. Carpenter walked around Naira. As she prepared to lift her up, Rune deftly swept her up before Carpenter had much of a chance for any lifting of her own, "<Ooh, eloquent and strong! Dear, I don't believe I've ever met a northern wolf before you, so do excuse me if I'm a bit fascinated.>" She said, as they went up the stairs. Approaching the room, it was the second to last room, the one closest to the parlor. Ms. Carpenter began unlocking the door, as Rune asked her. She shifted a bit from side to side, "<Well, I haven't had much of a chance to look at her. Knowing she's a slave, though, she must have been putting up with some sort of abuse for quite some time; I doubt she's had much to eat for a long time.>"

Her eyes followed Naira's battered body and somewhat malnourished form. Her hair was thin and dull, definitely providing an image of ill health. "<We'll be able to fix up whatever breaks and scrapes she might have quick, but everything else...>" The door unlocked. Ms. Carpenter opened it and stepped to the side, "We'll see how strong she is. It will take time." She spoke in Human. Maybe Rune will hear a translation error. Carpenter was there to mend wounds, not mend people. "<Just place her on the bed over there.>" She opened up the door again, "<Now that she's not in such critical condition, I'll be back with some bandages and forceps; we probably won't need anymore magic for right now." Just about to close the door, she opened it up a scratch and mentioned, "Oh! <If she wakes up, keep her there!>" And with that, the door shut. Ms. Carpenter looked at the gathering group of men and Keidran gathering around the parlour with a curious glance, but she quickly reassumed an air of professionalism and sauntered down the stairs.

Right when the door shut, Naira woke. Her eyes darted open with a sharp intake of breath, like one waking up from a bad dream. There was void in her mind during her sleep, however; her subconscious had been allowed to relax for at least a few moments. Her eyes scanned, uncertain of her environment, and plagued with the gradually lessening malaise of the recently alseep. "<Y...>" her dry mouth managed out, trying to reassume a position in the conscious world. She finally saw the northern wolf, standing next to her. She was on a bed. Her fatigued mind began to make very loose connections. Two Keidran + 1 bed =...

"<[censored]!>" She screamed out. Usually, the bed was substituted with a dirt floor in the events that had been grown into her mind, but unconsciousness was not an uncommon factor, and the principle remained the same to her. Naira tried to swipe at him, quickly and strongly, before a shock of pain ran down her arm. The splinters embedded in her back were beginning to run deeper from her exertion, and her arm quickly fell back to her side. The pain did prove to clarify her mind a minor bit, however, when she remembered who the strange wolf was. "<-Hnrk-, I, uh.>" She sat in silence for a second, the pain retreating from her arm. Naira was awake now. "<Sorry.>"

A better apology would have to come later. "<I'm just a bit... Not here right now.>"