Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC (Maybe Ded)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC (Maybe Ded)

#1 Post by Lief »

Sometimes, history is better off forgotten.

So, as should be obvious by the title, this is a reboot/sequel to Southbound: The Quest for Hastrajal RP by The Red Soldier.

I highly suggest you read through it and the OOC before joining this, but it's not exactly necessary.

Also worth noting before we get to the rules and CS and such: Y7 is in control of this story arc, so treat them as if they were a GM.

Rules!
-Listen to the GM, if you're going to argue about something with me, keep it civil and I might listen. Get all pissy and I won't.
-Standard RP rules. No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
-Grammar and spelling. Please put effort towards it. If your post looks like something I'd find in alphabet soup, that's not acceptable.
-Don't be stupid. If I catch you doing something illogical, or lacking in common sense, you will be punished for it.
-I expect fighting. However, I do not want it to be the main focus of this RP. It's going to happen, it's going to occur often in the story, but I'd still like there to be a lot of character interaction.
-No killing another player's character without their permission! Leave that to the GM.
-Don't leave people in the dust, if all you're going to do is have a little back-and-forth with someone, do it through PM and combine it before posting.
-Ask questions! If you're not sure about something, just ask!
- Please announce when you're editing your sheet after it's been accepted. y7 will be keeping a copy of your sheets on them and if any discrepancies show up in, say, a boss fight, your posts may be annulled until they can figure out why there is a discrepancy.
- Named NPCs are to be treated as PCs. Killing your way through a swarm of goblins? Cool. Killing Old Gore Tusk, Ork Warband leader in one blow? Not cool.
- There will be a slight post order structured from when you post after the initial IC post. If you are busy and cannot respond within 48 hours, please leave a quick message and we will try to wait for you. However, if more than four days with a heads up or twenty four hours without a heads up pass, your turn is skipped.

And now for the character sheet:

Code: Select all

[b]Appearance:[/b] What do you look like? Images preferred, a description is fine however.
[b]Name:[/b] What should we call you?
[b]Age:[/b] How old are you?
[b]Gender:[/b] Are you a guy or a gal?
[b]Race:[/b] What are you? Please refer to the original RP's OOC for the "established" races. Though, anything is fine, so long as you describe it. (Subject to approval.)
[b]Equipment:[/b] What do you carry? Also include your clothing and/or armor, please.
[b]Skills:[/b] What're you good at?
[b]Personality:[/b] How do you act?
[b]Bio:[/b] What's your story?
[b]Misc:[/b] Anything extra?
[b]Theme:[/b] A general theme for your character. Try to stay away from "epic" music.
For the time being, any "evil" characters, and a few more specific abilities and such, will be unable to join in the "main quest". This is liable to change with other story arcs, and of course you can go do your own thing. Just know that you can't join in the festivities, so to speak. Neutral or not-quite-evil-but-not-exactly-good characters are perfectly fine, though.

NOTES FROM Y7
Hey there! y7 here, acting GM for this particular story arc, here to drop a few notes that you should be aware of for this particular story arc. To put it simple, your character was chosen by a psychic ghost girl to help her on a quest. As mentioned above, she will not have chosen any outright evil character to help her nor will she have chosen anyone capable of forcibly manipulating souls (E.G Necromancy, Magic that uses Souls as Fuel) though things such as binding your soul with other things is fine.

Of course, I am willing to try and work with you to make your character fit. If you really want to make your formerly evil archlich work for this, PM me and we'll talk.

Continuing, afore mentioned psychic ghost girl will only recruit you if you have been in the city for at least a day or two so do be aware of that.

Furthermore, I am going to point this out now, I have a GM style some might be tempted to call 'lethal'. While this is not completely untrue, I will say that I only punish clearly stupid choices with proportionally lethal outcomes. So while I won't be offing PC's because you didn't know about a boss's secret weakness, doing something like attempting to engage a ten foot tall monster known to cause death by touch in melee after repeated mentions of such events will result in, well, death.

Also, while I encourage you to PM me for more info that your character would notice, I will NOT reveal any information that your character wouldn't be able to tell with their abilities. So while asking me what an enemy is surrounded by is fine, asking me about what special powers his sword may grant him is not fine unless your character has a reason to know.

Finally, I WILL have a plot notes section in this OOC. It will be updated regularly as new info comes to light so if you ever need to recall something, look it over. Do note, I will be making note of who should know this info. So if you decide to suddenly know info that you had no way of acquiring, expect pain. For example, a guy who is there for the big villain reveal should be expected to know about the villain's true identity and what not. A guy halfway across the country should not. If the guy that's halfway across the country suddenly discovers this information, I will fill in the blanks. You do not want me to fill in the blanks.

Recap!
Right, this here is a recap section telling you of what has happened thus far.

So far, a group of three adventurers have been called to assist the girl. Valentine (MFA), a summoner with several elemental spirits and what not at his disposal, Allison (Lief), a Part Phoenix Alchemist, and Hathor (Phoenix), an assassin winged humanoid of sorts. It has been revealed by the spirit that she had been a part of an extremely sophisticated magic defense system to protect a magic artifact of sorts. However, a mage of sorts has managed to separate her from this system and is currently doing something to the artifact. Rewards can only be given to one of you but everyone can loot the body and the storage facility the artifact is stored in to their heart's content. Of course, no solid details have been given about anything so danger remains high.

If you have been chosen, you'll be aware of at least this much as well as the fact that there is another group moving in to assist. This is really all I can tell you for now though I will say that you had an hour to gear up and that she will contact you further for the next meeting area. So far, it seems Phoenix has dropped out of this RP so his slot with the first three is available.

Characters Thus Far:
Player and character names that are crossed off means that the player is no longer participating, whether they left or were forcibly removed. Crossed off character names mean that the character is dead or MIA.
Amoeba- Valentine 'Val'/'V' Felding, Naoko Vexing, Cyll, Thrawn, Nyen and Allison Kiha
Doom114- Dominic Morden
Fubar de Lizzy- Isaak Jurova
Furasian- Ansen Grayson
Gabriel of creosha- William 'Bill' Mesa
InceptionBwaaa- Reillus "Valkynaz" Ghillie
Isstmich- Ir Von
Kisuke- Seth Blackburn
Lief- Kaylin Vernon
MP- Sal "Swift" Enton
Y7h65- Ashley Smith, Spirit Girl (No posted CS), Halberd (Also no posted CS)

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC

#2 Post by y7h65 »

Reserved post my friends! This is to be the Info/Recap/Plot Notes Post. Right now, nothing new has cropped up so it remains blank! Also, forgot to mention, but whoever takes Phoenix's position will be treated as if they had been a part of the first three the entire time.
Post Order wrote: y7h65
MrFlyingAmoeba
Isstmich
Fubar de Lizzy
Exclusive Information
Information located here is only known by the people participating in the corresponding story line.

Ghost Girl Side
None Yet

Halberd Side
- Angra was imprisoned for serving against an enemy in the war.
- Angra knows the location of a hidden repository of lost magic.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#3 Post by isstmich »

Appearance: A very plain looking individual, with skin a few tones darker then olive. arms roughly 50% longer then human and finger tips that taper to a needles point.Ir Von is not too masculine and not too feminine, with a body that is trim but no muscular and supple but no curvacious.

Name:Ir Von (pronounced Ear van)

Race:Sao-ota (creatures that have a near identical human figure except for their elongated arms and needle pointed finger tips.

Sao-Ota do not have a regular life cycle like most living creatures, to them you are either a child or an adult. a Sao-ota may be deemed a child so long as it hasn't finalized its physical form. most sao-ota get their body into a physical peak before finalizing their bodies and some even finalize their forms when they will look like human children. When a sao-ota finalizes its body it will never look any more physically different, and will sustain itself on its own, or ambient magical energies. they do not need to eat or sleep, or even breath.

To finalize their body they must first speak with the elders to be reviewed for strength of character and power of magic, because if they are not able to manipulate the magic of the world to sustain their body they will surly die. if the elders say they are worthy to change into their adult form they are taught the spell that allows them to do so. most cast the spell then and there becoming an adult before the elders. as far as any living sao-ota can recall only 2 people have learned the spell and held onto it.

Sao-ota by nature seek knowledge to improve themselves and the world. They are a very close knit race and openly share their findings with each other to establish perspective before revealing major things to the academies of magic. if two sao-ota cross paths in the open world they will instantly treat the other like a family members even if they have never met in their entire life.

When an adult sao-ota feels that they have made a contribution to the world they are peace and stop sustaining their form allowing their magic to return to the planet. an adult sao-ota will only truly die when it feels it has accomplished something in its life, otherwise it will just repair and damage to its body with magic. this is not a form of healing magic because adult Sao-ota are turned into solid magical energy.)

Equipment:
A linen Tunic Ir Von made.
A set of comfortable martial artist pants, also made by Ir Von.
Hand made leather wrist guards, made by Ir Von again.
Sandals made of hand woven reeds, very Ir Von.
A small bag of food.

Skills:
Mage: Ir Von is an aspiring sage, so far having studied both Castam and Hastrajal styles, Ir Von found both to be missing a key element that the other had
Elementalist: Ir Von studied magic with the mages of castam and learned much about manipulating the surroundings, and commands magic of an elemental nature.
Helpful: Ir Von desires to be a great magic teacher some day and actively seeks to help those in need.
Balanced: Ir Von trains the spirit as much as the body and is at one within the body and mind.
Martial Artist: Ir Von trained under Hastrajal mages for a number of years and learned much about hand to hand combat and the magical arts.
Wise:Ir Von has found a middle ground between the castam and hastrajaln magical styles.
Insightful: Ir Von is a being of magic and is able to sense out other beings of magic or items of magic.

Personality: Ir Von has a great spirit and desires to help people often called too kind and naive. Ir Von also wants to teach people about the Style of magic that is the hybridization of castam and hastrajal. calm in a fight and spiritual in life Ir Von is a pleasant person to be around and a constant source of helpful advice.

Bio: Ir von was born in the city of castam and raised in it for a good portion of his life. being a part of a wealthy family of mages IR von was raised on a large estate around magic and taught magic most all the time, but as he grew older Ir Von found something very wrong with his magic. he found it very impersonal and soulless seeking to find more about magic he left his home city and traveled the world. he eventually found himself in hastrajal and was amazed at the magic that he found there. it was so alive so full of life that he had to learn it. he quickly found the magic is hastrajal was much more physical then the magic in castam and he liked it. after 10 years studying the hastrjaln magic style he found that it was lacking something as well. it was too rigid and demanding in its use. there was no room to experiment and grow. you practiced the same moves over and over the same forms again and again. eventually he became bored and hated magic. one day he encountered a man on the side of the road begging for food. Ir Von happily gave the man food, and company together they sat on the road and spoke about life and living. the nameless man eventualy brought up magic and Ir Von was reluctant to talk about it. but after what seemed like days of talking the nameless man made Ir Von realize. he didnt have to pick one style forever, and not many people notice that each style is built on the same foundation with slight changes in its teaching. with his love of magic rekindled Ir Von set out into to his families estate and began to forge a new style of magic. after 2 years he was proud of what he had made and set off to the city of Rune a place where everyone was welcome. with hopes and dreams of opening a school of magic, and not just any magic. his style of magic.

Misc: Sao-ota CAN be killed, it is very difficult and requires very specific measures taken to kill them
Ir Von will purposely avoid questions or acts that would to reveal his gender identity.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#4 Post by Lief »

Yeah, unless you're just going to make a new character and abandon your old one. This is more a continuation than a reboot, after all.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#5 Post by isstmich »

Also considering where my Character was when the original lost momentum, should he still be there or we just pretend it didnt happen? considering the fact that Y7 was the one that put Ir in the situation i feel its safe to assume he is still fighting for his life with a legendary weapon but things may have changed.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#6 Post by y7h65 »

If you want to continue with where Ir was, by all means, do so. I can still keep writing for that since that small section would essentially be a side plot. If you don't want to, don't. If you don't want to, we will just ignore he ever existed in that situation and I will continue with my side plot but with a few details swapped out. It's up to you really.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#7 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

CHARACTER SHEET
[/u]

Appearance: Stands 6'1"
Name: Valentine 'Val'/'V' Felding
Race: Human

Equipment:
-Basic traveling gear.
-A small amount of gold.
-Curved dagger
-His clothing is simple traveling garb, although he added the unusually large hat and cravat (Tie) himself.

Skills:
-Talented summoner
-Can call upon his familiar and three other elementals, with the potential for far, far more in the future. He mostly lacks the ability to do so at his current state.

-Contractual Benefits
-As Naoko grows more powerful, so will he. Due to their bond, he may potentially live as long if not longer than she does. Currently, this means that he looks somewhat more youthful than would be expected, along with a very mild increase in stamina and agility. His elementals can also grant him many passive benefits once they decide he is worthy of them. Which is not happening anytime soon.

-Versatile wizard
-Knows a vast variety of spells, but like the typical Red Mage, only knows the basics of each path. (Meaning that he can heal a smashed limb/bruised organ, but not revive someone from the dead) He is unable to use certain branches of magic such as Druidic or Necromantic or other paths that require absurd dedication and time/disturbing amounts of sacrifices.

-Self-sufficiency
-Able to take care of both himself and his familiar in the wild or city. He has a sharp eye, and a keener nose for when it's time to leave.

-Martial Artist
-Prefers no combat to any combat, but when forced into a conflict will use his body as opposed to most weapons.

Personality: Typically very cheerful and energetic and shrugs off slights from others without complaint. Lacks general malice, and takes a great deal of abuse before reacting with anything stronger than friendly cursing. Valentine apparently holds few strong opinions on matters, usually deflecting questions about his thoughts on various serious topics. However, he displays a rather troubling amount of hunger for power, only tempered by his obvious reluctance to start a fight. Sees Naoko as more of a little sister than a familiar. His personality tends to fluctuate somewhat after gaining power from his elementals, due to a sloppy contract.

Bio: Valentine tends to deflect questions about his past, joking away or flat-out lying about his family and general history. So far, he has claimed to have three sisters, two step-brothers named Grendel and Handel, and eighteen children. He hails from Castam. Roughly a decade ago, he managed to sign a kitsune into a binding contract with himself, making it his familiar. Unfortunately, he had only enough power to attract an exceptionally young one. Since then, the two have traveled together, inseparable because of both contract and custom. Along the way, Valentine bound three more elementals to himself. These ones are very powerful, but refuse to exercise the majority of their ability in his service until he becomes more powerful, with varying levels of cooperation.

Misc: He loves his hat and tie, and becomes agitated if either are damaged. He feels the urge to find something, but he doesn't know what it is. He hates endings.

Valentine has displayed a notable distaste for his own name, and will repeatedly request that he be referred to by an abbreviated version.
Theme-"We've got a long road ahead of us, Naoko. More time for me to practice my whistling!"

Familiar Character Sheet
Appearance: 4'8"
Name: Naoko Vexing
Race: Kitsune
Equipment: Only what she decides to find alongside a dusty road or what she can fit into her clothing. Currently has three copper and an iron comb.
Skills:
-Contractual Benefits
-As Valentine's familiar, Naoko has gained a small amount of power. She now has an extremely rudimentary grasp of every branch of magic that he can use, along with her own instinctive abilities.

-Two-tailed Kitsune
-As a two-tailed kitsune, Naoko has a very basic set of magical abilities, generally in the realm of illusion and trickery. She is about as magically powerful as a young human sorcerer.
-She is exceptionally agile, and unusually strong for her minute size, nearing that of a young human adult.
-She possesses a very wide breadth of knowledge about the world of the unusual, understanding if the snarling creature they just met is a pushover or something that could devour their souls.

-Otherworldly Familiar
-If mortally wounded or otherwise banished, Naoko will return to her native realm for a short period of time, rejuvenating herself quickly to return as soon as possible.

Personality: Childish. Naoko is still very young for her kind, and as such is about as mature as a human child. While she understands concepts like 'stealing' or 'patience', she typically dismisses them as inconvenient obstacles to get what she wants, possessing an iron will. Despite this, she is just as friendly and tolerant as Valentine, if not more so. She enjoys needling him, however.

Bio: Part of their agreement is that Naoko will not divulge any of her life to Valentine unless it is required for their mutual well-being. As such, he knows almost nothing about her past leading up to meeting him, although it is extremely unlikely that she actually had very many adventures. This is her first contract, and she has no end goal in mind except to perhaps find a hat for herself while having fun. It is very likely that the majority of her life before this point has been simply lazing about in whatever realm she called home, chasing grasshoppers and eating red meat.

Misc: Her last name stems from their earlier days, when Naoko kept begging Valentine for a last name. He came up with 'Vexing'. Unfortunately, she loved it.
Theme-"Don't worry, Val! I found something that'll wake you up! A cave bear!"

Elementals
Appearance: Water
Name: Cyll
Race: Elemental
Skills:
-Domain over Water
-As an elemental of water, Cyll has powerful control over her element. She can manipulate water to her desires so long as it does not violate some other restriction, such as an elemental of fire blocking her path. She cannot manipulate water inside another being's form without either a contract such as the one she has with Valentine, or complicated rituals that take days to finish.
She can toss water about with enough strength to break necks, and can generate a significant amount from her own 'form'. She can also be summoned into any body of water that Valentine is within a few feet of, so long as it has not been previously warded against such a thing. She can then move this water about like a physical body as if it were flesh.

-Otherworldly Being
-If seriously disrupted or banished, she will return to whatever realm she naturally resides in, to be shortly summoned later.

Personality: Acts pleasantly vacant and lazy. She claims that thinking is tiresome, and exhibits few notable personality traits to most, preferring to hide anything important.
Misc: Theme-"Can't we just...lie around and...not...do...things?"

Appearance: Darkness
Name: Thrawn
Skills:
-Domain over Darkness
-As an elemental of darkness, Thrawn has powerful control over his element. He can manipulate darkness to his desires so long as it does not violate some other restriction, such as an elemental of light interfering. His abilities do not allow him to make darkness into a physical weapon, but rather the manipulation of the absence of light. He can hide someone within perfect darkness, and can generate a significant amount from his own 'form'. He can also be summoned into any roughly palm-sized shadow or larger that Valentine is within a few yards of, so long as it has not been previously warded against such a thing. He can then roam for quite some distance without any trouble. He has very little physical presence; when one moves a hand through him, it feels unnatural. He has quite a few powers that he does not consider Valentine worthy of knowing quite yet.

Personality: He is rather arrogant, claiming that darkness is superior to all other elements when combined with water. Cyll, on her part, shows no interest in him, although this is hardly surprising due to her vacuous exterior. He also finds great interest in gaining power.

Misc: Theme-"And where are you going?"

Appearance: Lightning
Name: Nyen

Equipment:
-Unlike Valentine's other elementals, Nyen prefers to use weapons created with her essence. Specifically, thrown weapons such as throwing knives and throwing stars. These will burst into a discharge of lightning upon impact. She also has a minimal amount of magical armor.

Skills:
-Domain over Lightning
-As an elemental of lightning, Nyen has powerful control over her element. She can manipulate lightning to her desires so long as it does not violate some other restriction, such being buried underground in an anti-magic room. She cannot manipulate electricity inside another being's form without either a contract such as the one she has with Valentine, or complicated rituals that take days to finish. She can toss lightning about during a heavy storm with little strain (At full power, which she has not granted to Valentine as something she is currently willing to do), and can generate a significant amount from her own 'form'. She can also be summoned into nearly any area that Valentine is, so long as it has not been previously warded against such a thing. She is essentially immune to lightning-based attacks.

Personality: Nyen is extremely taciturn as of now, refusing to talk more than she absolutely must. She is very withdrawn, ignoring the immaturity of her binder and companions. As such, Valentine knows little about her except that she enjoys quiet days watching the rain.
Misc: Theme-"..."
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#8 Post by isstmich »

i would prefer to keep him where he is for selfish, lazy, reasons and not so personal reasons that fit along the lines of me not wanting something that was to an extent already planned out to not be used.

i personally hate when i plan to do something with someone in an RP and it never gets to the part where we can do it. so if we need to Pm any extra stuff, or if anything needs to be recapped on let me know

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#9 Post by y7h65 »

Isst, I'm not gonna lie when I say that you suddenly deciding that Ir was always a part of the original 3 fails to hinder any of my plans what so ever. Even if you drop your participation in that plot line, it will continue.

However, it is your choice and I will respect that. If you need to recap on anything, PM me and I will send you as much as you should know as possible to recap.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#10 Post by Lief »

Amoeba, approved.

Iss, check your PMs.

Guess I'll post my character while I'm at it, too.

Appearance: Stands at 5'2 (Yes, she's short.)
Name: Allison Kiha
Race: Phoenix Descendant
Not a true Phoenix, they disappeared long ago. They resemble humans, though they always have red hair. The shade of red varies. It's not uncommon for them to have red eyes as well. Occasionally they will have bird-like features, up to and including wings and/or feathers. As you would expect from descendants of Phoenixes, they typically have excellent control over fire, though some have an innate mastery of the element. Most have an innate talent with other types of magic, as well, though anything to do with ice and water is incredibly hard to use. The descendants receive an all-around powerup in the sunlight, some more than others. They have a strong bloodline, which usually ends with their kids having the same qualities, no matter what race the other parent is. Some have stronger Phoenix blood than others, resulting in more Phoenix-based traits. A large portion of them are capable of reviving, but only through certain circumstances. Those that are incapable of reviving have weak Phoenix blood. A Descendant can only revive if the death was natural or self-caused, such as old age, disease, or suicide. The revival process is very odd, usually involving reverse aging until they appear to be a person of about 20, this happens quickly and is usually accompanied by scorching heat/their bodies being encased in fire. Any wounds or scars are also healed. After revival, their bodies don't age until they surpass the physical age, at which point it ages a bit slower than the average human. Typically, they retain their skills and magical abilities, though there have been cases of lost memory. They are effectively immortal so long as they live passive lives, though even combatants can be. So long as they aren't struck a fatal blow, they can simply kill themselves and revive on the spot. Most Descendants don't stand out much from humans, and those that do typically use illusion magic to blend in. They have slightly longer lifespans than humans, usually living to about 150 before dieing of old age.

Equipment:
-Clothing. Standard clothing, pants and a T-shirt. Doesn't provide any real protection.
-Leather Walking Boots. Boots made specifically for traveling, they are incredibly durable, as well as water-resistant.
-Bandages. Small rolls of bandages, used for handwraps for sparring. Could be used to wrap wounds with, though.
-Small pack. Contains various items, mostly food and water, a change of clothes, and a small pouch of gold. Usually carried instead of worn.

Skills:
World Traveler
Allison loves to travel, and she does so frequently. By ship, by horse, by carriage, but mostly by foot. This has led her to develop several different miscellaneous skills. She can ride a horse, navigate via stars, and find her own shortcuts. Aside from this, she has an excellent sense of direction and is unlikely to get lost even in bad weather. (Unless of course she wants to get lost.) She also speaks several different languages.

Martial Artist
She is a capable hand-to-hand combatant, knowing several different martial arts. Though unlikely to be used in actual combat, she enjoys friendly sparring matches.

Fire Mastery
Partly due to her heritage, and lots and lots of training, Allison is a master of fire magic. Her power and skill could compete with fire elementals, though only in sunlight. She's still a force to be reckoned with even without being in sunlight, though.

Alchemist
No, not the kind of alchemy you're thinking of. The kind that is capable of turning lead into gold. It requires sufficient material to make anything worthwhile, and items made from poor materials tend to be brittle. This can be used for very mundane purposes, for weaponry or even transportation. (A skilled Alchemist could turn a tree into a functioning cart, though they'd still need a horse...) While Alchemy can be used on humans, it is a very dangerous endeavor. It has a large chance of backfiring, or doing nothing at all. A particularly nasty backfire can cause the Alchemist's own body to be used, which presents its own dangers. Skilled Alchemists can create nearly anything from the ground, as almost all materials are present in some form. However, this takes significant amounts of time because they first need to "pull" a sufficient amount of material to them. Allison tends to use this for various purposes, the most common of which is creating shelter from the elements while traveling.

Inhuman Agility
Unlike most Descendants, Allison isn't that close to being human. She has a tinge of something else in her, something obviously inhuman. Likely from her mother's side, as she never did get to know her. Either way, her agility is beyond human limits. She is also incredibly dextrous.

Weaponry
Allison is a skilled combatant with a large variety of different weapons, though her personal favorites tend to be swords and lances/spears. Due to her Alchemy, she has a keener eye for flaws, able to tell the quality of a weapon by inspecting it.

Personality: Generally a cheerful and optimistic person, though she knows when to tone it down. A very caring person, as well, she'll help nearly anyone in need. Usually wears a gentle expression.
Bio: Allison's memories from before her revival are fragmented, though she recalls that her death was caused by a particularly nasty disease. She also recalled that she traveled a lot, though not any of the places she traveled to. This made traveling that much more fun! Everywhere she traveled to was new again! Eventually she stumbled upon Rune, and took more of a liking to the place than any other town or city she had been to. It helped that she took a liking to someone in the city as well. So she decided to stay for a while. Several years, in fact. However, her wanderlust returned, and so she took to traveling again. And now she's returned to Rune.
Misc: Theme-"Where to next, I wonder?"

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#11 Post by y7h65 »

Right, I also have my GMPC here. For the most part, she'll be hanging around unless I deem it necessary to use her for any multiple reasons. Don't expect her to actually help you in boss fights though.

Appearance: Stands at 154cm

Name: Ashley Smith

Equipment:

- Greatsword-cleaver
-- It's about 175cm in length from tip of handle to edge of blade. It's shaped more like a cleaver then it is an actual sword.
--- It was created by Ashley herself, via magic. And because of it's peculiar design and insane weight, only she can make use of the thing.
----It really lacks any special properties besides being a giant piece of metal and it has an edge that is neither razor sharp or dull. However, it is so insanely dense and heavy that anything on the receiving end of the blade is likely to not be in one piece if any blow connects.
----- In a pinch, it can be used as a fairly good shield.
------ Despite being made of magic, casting anti-magic spells on the weapon does nothing to it.
------ She can also only have one at a time due to the fact that she cannot physically carry any more then one of these blades and still carry her kit.

- Waterproof Leather Hiking Boots. Exactly what it sounds like.

- Armor
-- Ashley wears armor consisting visually of steel vambraces coated with 'cloth' and steel plates over her boots along with a raised metal reinforced collar.
--- While the rest of her outfit does not seem to be armor, most of the 'cloth' is actually a specially treated and magic made metal weave that renders it extremely resistant towards slashing and piercing based attacks. While it is not as tough as solid armor, it offers additional mobility along with decreased weight. It's also extremely hard to tell that it's armor unless someone goes up and touch it. The jacket, top skirt, gloves, and the cloth covering the vambraces are made from this material.
---- Her armor does nothing to protect her from impact based attacks.

- Necklace
-- A necklace with a small bull horn charm on it. She's had it for a while.

Skills:
- WizardMage, Creation and Enhancement
-- Ashely is not a wizard. She is a mage. She enjoys making this distinction and one should take care not to call her a wizard.
--- Unlike most wizards magic users, Ashley is extremely specialized into two fields, creation and enhancement magic, and is somewhat incapable of using magic from other schools.
---- As if to make matters worse, her creation magic is even more specialized. As of right now she is incapable of creating anything besides her giant metal sword and even that takes aknist two hours of concentration to produce. It seems she can still advance this skill.
----- On the other hand, her enhancement magic is amazing. The sheer fact that she can lift, swing, and move with the monstrosity that she calls a blade without effort is thanks to no less then four separate enhancement enchantment that she has engraved in her clothes, tattooed in her skin, and carved into her armor. The only limitation is that the magic is only personal enhancement and it cannot be used to enhance items without runes or other people yet.

- Combat, Specialized
-- Ashley is very good at fighting with a style that can only be described as 'reckless, insane, and utterly ignorant of the way human bodies are supposed to move'.
--- It involves chaining together rapid overhand smashes capable of shattering granite, side swipes capable of breaking through walls with ease, and bone crushing blows with the back and tip of the giant cleaver that is her blade.
---- Were it not for her own enhancement magic, it is unlikely that anybody can lift her freaking blade, let alone do attacks with as much speed and ferocity as she does.

- Tactician
-- Ashley is well read on military tactics, very good at predicting enemy movements, and can easily tell the lay of the land at a look. While she does not have the charisma or reputation to command an army, she can and will use these skills for her own uses.
--- She has used this skill to win a chess tournament before and is no longer allowed to compete in chess. Or four other different games.

- Brawler
-- Ashley knows how to fight with her bare hands, though she isn't as good as anyone who has taken actual unarmed combat training. She's got a vicious right straight though, one must be careful about that.

- Chef
-- Ashley is a trained chef, having apprenticed under the most skilled chef in the city state from which she and Lily hails from. She can literally turn anything edible by humans into a delicacy.

- Clerical/Managment Training
-- Ashley has received training for clerical and management work and as such, knows the buzz codes and slang for more clerical and management forms then most people know swords.

- Peak
-- Ashley's body is at peak performance and capabilities for somebody of her size and build. While she is by no means superhuman, you will be hard pressed to find someone with a similar build and size as her while retaining the same strength, agility, and dexterity as her.

- Literate
-- Ashley is not only literate, she's a writer. An unsuccessful, unpublished, and unknown writer but a writer nonetheless. She's searching for a publisher willing to help publish her book.

Personality:
Ashley is, for the lack of better terms, extremely airy. She's forgetful, a bit clumsy, and not quite as attentive as most people. While she isn't as bad as some other examples it is still quite clear and obvious that she isn't exactly all there all the time. Of course her airheaded behavior shouldn't be mistaken for stupidity or a lack of intelligence. She's quite intelligent, possibly even more intelligent then Lily, but she simply cannot focus on things that do not grab her attention. If something were to grab her attention she would tear into the task with a gusto and speed rivaling most students gifted in those fields.

Aside from being airy she's also quite friendly and cheerful, never failing to find a silver lining.

Bio:
Ashley is Lily's assistant and friend. The two of them met in the trader's first store back when Ashley was a stock person and Lily was a clerk. The two of them got along quite well and became friends rather quickly, what with the two of them being some of the few working women in the workplace. When Lily was chosen to establish the next branch post, Ashley was allowed to go with her.

Personal history wise, she is a mystery. Nobody is quite sure of where exactly she's from or what she did before arriving at the city state six years ago. The armor was bought specifically for this trip and most of her clothes and gear was given before the trip. She does share many physical similarities to those that belong to the extinct Strauss line.

Misc: Theme:" I was supposed to do what again? ... oh, sorry, I forgot. Don't worry! I'll remember next time~!"
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#12 Post by Lief »

I shouldn't need to say it but I will anyways, Y7's approved.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Ketzal »

wow, this sounds like fun! I'll give it a shot if this cs works:

Name: Isaak Jurova

Appearance:

Sporting a crop of natural blonde hair and soft sky blue eyes with a slightly chiseled complexion, Isaak doesn't come across as your typical mercenary except for a few scars here and there. The most notable one is the long scar on the side of his face that runs from the edge of his brow down to the corner of his mouth, a reminder of his first experience in the city of Rune.

The rest of his appearance is more or less typical fare, standing at six feet and wearing a sleeveless leather vest for the warmer days and a long-sleeved green cotton shirt and cloak for the colder ones. On his left shoulder he wears a hard brown shell guard made of a durable wood, though he keeps most of his body otherwise unarmored for mobility and agility during battle. He wears a pair of brown leather gloves and typical trousers, though his belt holds several different pouches for his gatherings and whatever items he may find on his way, as well as holds his sheathed weapons at either side of his hips. His brown boots are durable and have seen some good use from him and his travels.

Aside from all this, he keeps a canvas travel bag slung over his shoulder that holds most of his camping needs for when on long trips or jobs outside of the city.

Equipment:

Bladed Tonfa
His weapon of choice, the two bladed tonfas that hang at either side of his hips are his main arms to use during battle. They are made of a durable iron and have two handles: one that juts out at a 90 degree angle from the blade, and one that resembles more of a typical swords handle perpendicular to the other one.

Although they look typical in of themselves, they hold an enchantment that keeps them from being tampered with magically, and also have a binding that keeps them near Isaak, not being able to travel five feet from him before being pulled back as if by a magnetic force. In order to maintain this binding, Isaak wears a simple stone amulet around his neck that is a sibling to the other two infused into the handles of the weapons. Whenever the amulet is not around his neck, the binding wears off and will not reactivate unless he puts the amulet back on.

Short Bow and Arrow
Isaak is not much of a ranged fighter, though he has seen the need to at least prep himself for mid-range combat. The bow is of typical make with strong wood with a short length that can fire arrows at a moderate distance, and he carries it along with a quiver of arrows that he makes himself after the teachings of his father back in his hometown.

Lute
Despite his goals and the serious tone that he takes in life, Isaak can't find himself traveling most places without his lute from his hometown. Although not carrying any magical properties nor any real ability in combat, he finds it soothing to play the songs that his father back home taught him, his fingers dancing along the strings while his mind relaxes to the childhood memories that pour from the instrument. He often finds solace in playing it when he is troubled or agitated.

Skills:

Swordsmanship
Being taught by a grand swordmaster from Hastrajal, Isaak has learned to weild a blade with exceptional skill. He is not a swordmaster in his own right, but his harsh training has led to a greater ability to clash with opponents than most can with a weapon, and has sharpened his mind to a battle mindset, as well as unlocked another ability he never knew he had.

Battlemind
A strange and dangerous ability also taught by the swordmaster, Battlemind is something that Isaak uses only when he is in the most desperate of situations. In order to use it, he clears his mind of all outside intrusions and focuses within himself, falling into a trance-like state where his senses and perception of the world around him are amplified. He uses a much larger part of his brain to process things at superhuman speed, to the point where the entire world seems to slow down. In this state, he can move much faster, think and strategize more efficiently, and even gains some strength as he is able to push his muscles to perform at a greater capacity.

However, this is an extremely dangerous ability for him to use, as it practically incapacitates him after he uses it with a surge of pain that runs through his head. Although he has learned to endure pain in general, this kind attacks his mind and causes him to lose most motor control, the length of it depending on how long he uses the ability. It can also cause him to tear his muscles and fracture his bones if he pushes his body too far under the Battlemind effect.

Martial Arts
While mainly a master of blades, the swordmaster that Isaak learned from was also able to bestow some martial arts knowledge upon Isaak. This means that he has some ability to defend himself without his weapons, though it mainly helps him use the blunt ends of his tonfas as efficiently as the blades themselves

Personality:

Cool and collected, his training has taught him that the world is best seen through clear eyes and a calm mind. He is not often one to start a fight himself, more willing to talk it out than most mercenaries. At the same time, he holds his family and the belongings that come from them very close, and he can become very agitated if someone tries to meddle with them. He is not an unfriendly sort of person, though his experiences in Rune have taught him to not be trusting of just anyone that he meets.

Bio:

Seven years. Seven long years that he had been away from his village.

Isaak Jurova hails from a small countryside within the Castam landscape, a great forest with a hometown at its edge that he holds very close to his heart. A middle sibling among three boys, he grew up not in poverty, but in a lifestyle that was not known for luxuries or plentifulness. He found himself learning many things from his father in order to help raise the family: how to hunt, how to make arrows, how to set traps, and even how to play the lute, a favorite and traditional form of entertainment within the village itself. Life was not the easiest for him, yet he couldn't find it within him to complain, not when he had his family to love and a roof to sleep under.

That was, until the disease struck. No one knew where it came from, but an epidemic quickly surged through the village, claiming many lives and reaching to all edges of the town. A mysterious illness that baffled the healers with their attempts to cure it and struck hard and fast. It claimed elders, brothers, children...

...mothers...

He hadn't learned of the news until he returned from a hunting trip early in the day. His mother had become bed-ridden within the morning, and had only been able to hang on for so many weeks before she met her own fate. Shocked by the sudden loss of his mother, Isaak feared for the rest of his family, wondering when next it would strike.

Unfortunately, the answer came far too soon, and his father was hit with it as well. Soon his father was bed-ridden as well, seeming to take the same fate as his wife.

Many of the townspeople had either left to flee from it or find a cure that could purge them of this death cloud that shadowed their home, Isaak among them. He could not bear to lose the man that had taught him everything he ever knew to this plague. Despite their search, however, they could find nothing. Only a treatment that could stave off the symptoms and keep the victim alive for years, even a decade. However, it still debilitated them, and the medicine itself was not cheap. Isaak was able to buy some doses with the help of his family's savings, but it would only be enough to keep his father alive for so long, a crippled shell of the man he once was.

However, there was hope. Rumors were floating around that the great trade city of Rune boasted all sorts of items and pharmaceuticals, including a cure that would rid the town of its plague. It was the one hope that Isaak had of saving his father, and he was more than willing to take it.

That had been seven years ago. In that timespan, he had lost everything in Rune, stumbled in the darkness, and found a new path through an old swordmaster from Hastrajal that took pity on him. He taught him the ways of the blade, and gave him the means to become a mercenary and return to Rune a much wiser man. He has now become a moderately-known blade for hire and has been able to send money to his village for the treatment drug, staving off some of the damage from the plague. However, this miracle cure that he searches for still eludes him, and he doesn't know when he will find it....or if it even exists.

(I know I kinda scrunched that seven-year period into one paragraph, but I plan on developing that part of his story more through his character posts, if that's alright)

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#14 Post by y7h65 »

Hmmm, I can't tell you whether or not your character is approved but it does seem good by mine standards. On a side note, I would like to say that there might be something in store for your character, Fubar.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Ketzal »

y7h65 wrote:Hmmm, I can't tell you whether or not your character is approved but it does seem good by mine standards. On a side note, I would like to say that there might be something in store for your character, Fubar.
Wait, was I supposed to pm one of you guys the sheet first?

Also, since he's using bladed tonfas, should I include some martial arts ability under his list of skills? He wouldn't be using them if he couldn't fight with the blunt side of them too, honestly >_>;