Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

isstmich
Grand Templar

Re: Wild Hearts: Hellfire, part 2

#136 Post by isstmich »

Kazissky sucked his tongue on the back of his front teeth multiple time making a tsstk sound. "curious" Kazissky said, "the way i seem to remember the event leading up to you and Ispha bring blown back into time, did not happen directly because of Lady Alice and Mr, Rye." he tapped the side of his muzzle with a finger twice then pointed at Shane. " i seem to remember a certain battle lusted prince, using a certain switch axe to cleave a certain magical blue rock in two pieces. or is that wrong?"he coughed up a single laugh at the prince. "and what would you have me call you, Daddy? i find a royal title suits you just fine. considering i know much about you and this is your first time meeting me, calling you anything less would seem insulting."

"threatening someone you just met isnt very noble, if i didnt know you as well as i like to think i do i would be gravely insulted.but i do know you, better then i know myself, and despite whats happening you would much rather me peacefully move aside and let you attempt to kill Lady Alice and Mr. Rye, then you would want to fight me to get at them AND then have to fight them in an attempt to kill them. either way to me it seems like a tremendous amount of effort over a very inconsequential thing" Kaz made a small open gesture with his hands. "if we can come to an agreement to act like the Nobility we are and leave weapons, fists, wings, claws, teeth and other potential fatal devices out of the equation i would be happy to let you talk to my friends. otherwise..." He rolled his hands and shrugged his shoulders up. "your gonna have to go through me."

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#137 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Biting my lip I sighed, this… thing was correct, I'd delt a little to much pain for one day, soulless were one thing. But other sentient beings were another. Sheathing my sword I reached to my belt and clenched my paw around my pistol, (couldnt remember mycolor)Alright lets talk it out, not something I do alot, but I'm sure you know that, so I prompt the question, what are you exactly and why did you call me daddy, and dare I ask where the nobility comesfrom?? Sliding my hat up my wings morphed back into wings instead of fists.
Nuclear Cowboy
Gotta build them flat decks.
Manchild with to much disposable income and not enough sense to spend it well

isstmich
Grand Templar

#138 Post by isstmich »

Kaz eased up but he refused to dislodge his wings from inside the walls of the elevator shaft just yet. " so glad we are able to come to a peaceful agreement, but unfortunately i see based on your hands placement over your judge. his eyes shifted down and looked at his hand over the large pistol." im not convinced you are taking this offer of peaceful discussion seriously and will politely refuse to move just yet." he crosses his arms over his chest and leans backwards into his wings treating it like its a wall. "To answer your questions in order." he swept one arm though the air and held up a finger. "not entirely sure, i didn't exists before you cut the blue rune stone in half and the moment it did happen i sudden began to exist simultaneously before and after. As to what exactly i am, thats unsure either, it seemed fit to call myself a Wagliefxion...." his face scrunches up with thought" it seemed most appropriate for some reason. As for why i called you 'Daddy' well its much like when i called Lady Alice 'Mother'. you are a male, she is a female and together your actions created me, so though a complex chain of thoughts and objective rationalizations i can call the two of you my parents. he smiled and meshed his fingers together. "onto the aspect of my nobility. If YOU are a king or more correctly soon to be king." he extended his hand and poked at Shane's chest. "and I am your son, that makes me a prince." he tumbled his hands in the air as he spoke but finished the sentence with a simple wave away from his middle only to let his hands fall to his sides. it was so matter of fact it was almost cocky.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#139 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Argo finished his small hover drone. Its body was bulkish due to the small missile it carried its hover came froma jet and rotor mix allowing it to move. It was electrical power with a solar cell on the top to allow energy to cycle. Seeing the drone fly around a bit argo stood and shook himself off but stayed silent unknowing the situatiin fully. He looked around and saw the man who he hurt earlier an knelt beside him. "im not going to hurt you sir i wanted to apologize for what i have done to you." argo said before returning to his own spot. "so what now. I just stay here or what?" argo asked looking to clesent as the smalk drone hovered around himself
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#140 Post by Stryder221 »

"So... By that logic, Magnus... Doesn't that make you a [censored]? A royal [censored]?"
Alice whacked Rye in the back of the head for that comment.

Speaking of Alice. She'd managed to snag one of her redstones, and was ready to throw at any second.
Hell, she could even kill Shane in the few seconds she'd get from using it. Of that, she had no doubt.

Give me a reason, prince, I dare you...

There was a tapping at Shane's back. Behind him was Valter.
"Everything's been dealt with. Now, I think you have a bit of explaining to do. Who are these individuals?"

Odd. He seemed to have returned awfully quick. Oh well.

Elsewhere...

"Lionel?"
A certain swordsman in black armor asked upon seeing a certain wolf in fancy clothing carving a hole in some poor sap's skull, whose guts were already on the floor.

If he didn't already know of Arratay's love of bloodshed, he'd have been a bit more surprised.

"Hm? Oh, there you are, tin man. How's things?
"Pleasant enough. Why exactly are you carving a hole in that soldier's skull when they're already dead?"
"I'm going to rip out the brains."
"And what purpose would that serve?"
"Demoralize the opposition when I throw it at them."
"Right... You just keep on doing what you're doing. I'm heading up."
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#141 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Cliping the latch on my holster and crossing my arms I straightened my back and spoke, See that there I'm not entirely sure but ok then, whatever floats yer boat, you said we coud talk this out sure, but when we finish that bit I make but one request.
"While i cant guarantee the condition i can say i wont try to stop you...... so long as the fist that is punching him is"he pointed at Shane's hand. "attached to your wrist and not coming off your back" he chuckled a little "i doubt any offspring you and lady Alice would naturally create could look anything like me or even be capable of the things i am." he clapped both his hands "SO my ears are open."
I started to talk then stoped, yes it will be this one…Twisting my wrist. But I personaly thought you had things you wanted to talk about…
"i do have some questions yes, having witnessed the events of certain people and as a completely unbiased viewer i want to know why you hunt Lady Alice and Mr. Rye. i have seen what happened but i dont know the motivations for you both."
My motivation? Hmm, theft, traitors to the throne, all for the fact of something so small that our allies were handling quite well actually.
Kaz scratched his nose then looked at Shane. "your hunting two people with savage blood lust, with intentions to end both their lives, because of some you say was so small, someone else could handle it? that sounds like a very weak reason for a member of royalty to be personal hunting down two people for what you claim, was a small crime."
Its not that the crime was small, its that the reason for the crime was, simply to attempt to eradicate the soulless which was being handled damn well, with the vaults and the Beran working in a kind of... Tandem to eradicate them but the main problem, treason. Saying this Shane straightened his back as valter tapped him on his back then he nodded his head, Need a lift Mr. President, or shall you walk?
Nuclear Cowboy

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#142 Post by anonfox123 »

Urgh, what happened... One moment, I'd been walking along looking to disable those damn hellfire canisters, and then...

Wait, no, that's not how it went. I had found the canisters, disintegrating them with my hardlight magic. That didn't quite go to plan, as they disintegrated rather explosively, knocking me out. Looking around, there was no more of the characteristic red mist of virus-whatever hellfire was, so in all I guess it was a success.

Yarlac's drone beeped in concern as I staggered to my feet. Right, guess I'd better return that thing. Now where was that guy...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

xamali
Grand Templar

#143 Post by xamali »

Back in Ishpa.

Kirther was just outside of town, walking outside of sight, so Nether, his drake companion could fly freely. Nether was getting bigger by the time, and was hard to conceal in Kirther's cloak, not to mention uncomfortable.
Nether was flying just a few feet high, going higher sometimes to catch some speed, but seemed in absolute bliss in this small pleasure.

Kirther was thinking of Theodore, and all that had been happening the last few days. He looked back at the city, when suddenly a loud boom reached him, and he saw it. A freakish blue shock-wave coming. "What IS that?! Nether, to me!"
Nether was also startled by the huge wall of blue that was coming at their direction, and responded immediately to Kirther's command, quickly flying to his open arms.
Kirther took Nether in his arms and crouched on the floor, creating a large sphere of dense rock around them and waited. In the darkness, it seemed an eternity before the shock, an agonizing eternity. But sooner than later the shock came, and the ground was shacking, and the sound was deafening. Kirther held a barrier around them, for a second layer of protection, but everything was useless. The rock crumbled, and soon the barrier came down as well. His head was spinning, and all he could do was hug Nether close to him, wings covering the young drake, and then, everything stopped.

NYC.

Kirther felt the speedy wind in his face, and opened his eyes to see that he was falling. What he saw under and around him, was nothing like anything he had ever seen. Big, rocky constructions all around, not to mention the noise. Then again he had no time to think about it right now.
"Fly, Nether!" He said, letting go of the drake, and then opened his own wings, feeling something unusual. His wings felt stronger, perhaps a big bigger even. Flapping his wings, he found that not only he could maintain his height, but he could go up, not just plane around. "Huh, so that's how it feels, right, Nether?" He asked the young drake, who was flying around him.

"No time for that now, though." He thought, looking down. "What just happened? Where AM I?"
""Follow me, Nether." He said, flying towards a low building. "What is that? Humans everywhere. I can see some Beran, and some mixed breeds, but..." Kirther just couldn't understand what was happening. He just backed up, and sat there, wondering all his eyes told him. Nether landed on his shoulder and head, at which he looked up and smiled at him, scratching his chin.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#144 Post by LuckyMudman »

Seeing Lucretia's "interrogation" Yarlac could just sigh and find a place to sit down, if it went in any way he saw being taught by some of the more shady operatives in Wizna, that poor man was gonna have to be healed, repeatedely, if he were gonna talk. At least the chairs in this office were comfortable enough, so lounging in one was a solid option, after all that showing off with Argo and Russet, he needed a breather if he were gonna function on a more complex level. The plan to make sense of his head was short lived though, as his wrist computer beeped for his attention, a quick glance showed something he was supposed to know, but didn't, so he just mechanically tapped a button and hoped it was the right one.

SK-19 training and assistance unit

Code: Select all

Scanning toxicity levels.....
Acceptabale parameters.
Logging data.
The small spider drone turned to Russet, letting out a beep upon inspection.

Code: Select all

Analyzing behavioural patterns...
Subject ID: 'Russet' in functional condition.
Transmitting updated mission data...
Awaiting response...
Data logged, resuming default protocols:
Returning to handler unit, ID: 'Y-2'
The drone turned on a dime, starting it's return towards the upper floor where Yarlac's locator was giving off signal.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#145 Post by Stryder221 »

"Heh... Ha... Haha..."
Alice began chuckling as soon as Shane began talking about the soulless.
Soon, she began laughing mirthlessly.
"Ha... Bwahahahahaha! You think those things are a small problem?! Such arrogance! For every one of you and those foolish humans, there are thousands of soulless! I've seen their hive, seen their overwhelming numbers. Say what you will, prince, but the guardians can't stand against them. I had a plan, and with the stone, I would've wiped them away. But no, YOU had to cut it in half. YOU were the one to cause the blast. YOU were the one to send us into this mess! And what about the ones who didn't make it? How does it feel, knowing that you have potentially doomed thousands of people because of your stupidity?!"

"Oh, but it wouldn't be the first time you guardians killed innocent people, would it? 'Duty to protect the people', said that fool Matriar. How ironic."

Coming to a stop dead in his tracks, Shane turned around. "Mr.President you'll have to give me a moment. Now then Alice." As he said her name he spit it out with disgust. "But quite frankly, I'm not the one who snuck into the castle under disguise, stole the runestone then later used it as a shield, and the only thing keeping me from running your [censored] through is the fact I've given him my word." Saying this Shane pointed at Kaz, his eyes changing color under the shade of his hat to that of silverish deep purple on its way to red the runes on his back following suit showing slightly though his coat.

"I will admit I had not been thinking clearly at the time... However, your own actions were inexcusable. Perhaps if you'd not tried to cleave my head in half, I'd not have panicked. Your fists would have worked just as effectively. Of course, you never think of the results of your actions, do you?"
Alice was now visibly shaking in rage, wishing very much that she could just rip out the idiot prince's heart and be done with it.

Grinding his teeth Shane pursed his lips. "I'm the fool? My actions inexcusable? I'm not the one who used the most powerful yet IRONICALLY FRAGILE things in the entire world, as a shield to take the blow of a behemoth of a sword!"
"AND I'M NOT THE ONE WHO DECIDED IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO USE SAID SWORD AGAINST THE PERSON HOLDING SAID FRAGILE OBJECT WITHOUT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE RISK OF DOING SO!"

*BANG!*

The loud noise of a gunshot ended the argument, all three Beran cringing, and turning to see Valter, revolver pointed skyward.
"Oh, finally. I though that would go on forever."

Valter lowered his gun.
"Now, are we done here, or do I have to aim somewhere else when I fire another shot? Someone's head, perhaps?"

Shane, ears still ringing, responded. "If you remember president, I was ready to head up before queen [censored] decided to cut in."
"All I heard from that is a childish 'she started it' excuse. Does it really look like I care? Now shall we go?"
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#146 Post by Hotep the psychic »

argo stood unmoving eyes closed. his hands fumbled with leftover scraps he still had. he fashioned it into small items and took them apart. his mind however practiced his magic. he created barriers and let his mind wander rememberi.g his days back in the school for magic of the mind. his natural ability for the sort still had many lessons. his eyes stirred at the remeberance of each one untill he remembered the day of his masters death and he snapped his eyes open and looked in his hands to find the scrap. he set it back into his pocket then saw lucretia beating someone and another man relaxing on a chair. still however argo stood there, his small drone now waiting activation nearby. "now what?" argo thought
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#147 Post by isstmich »

Kaz cut his hand through the air and waved Shane and Valter off. "you two should be going, i will remain here with Lady Alice and Mr. Rye however your majesty. my knowledge of you and my limited knowledge of myself tells me we are opposites you and i and close quarters with the other is a very bad idea." he turned to Face Alice and spoke to her while Shane was still in ear shot. "Lady Alice, i would like to say im neutral in this but i must point out from my point of view you both are at fault for everyone's current predicament even my life is both your faults equally. neither one nor both of you can be blamed more or less for their actions. if either of you had done anything differently" he pointed at the floor "THIS, right now whats happening..... would not be happening."

he sighs and moves his stray hair from his face with one of his hands now that Shane was not close enough to hear and he slightly mumbled it so Alice and Rye would have some trouble hearing it. "honestly how is it humans and Berans can lie themselves into believing putting the blame on someone else would effect anything is beyond me." with a clearing of his throat he turned his attention to Rye and Alice. "SO, what do we do now?"

His thoughts strayed to the gun Valter used, was that something he could learn to use, how effective is something like that one people like him, Rye, Shane, Alice....... things that at the time held no value to be answered.

xamali
Grand Templar

#148 Post by xamali »

After a moment of thought, Kirther got up.
"Well, no good will come of sitting here, doing nothing." He said, looking at Nether, who had jumped from his shoulders, and now looked at him from the floor.

That said, kirther fully opened his wings, stopping to look at them. They didn't seem all that different, but he surely felt them much stronger. Well, no time to think too much about it right now. Kirther jumped up, and started flapping his wings, gaining altitude. "Gotta get used to it." he thought, before starting to fly around, looking for anything useful.

After a few minutes, of flight, Kirther still couldn't get used to seeing so many humans and so few Beran around. Not to mention the lack of trees, and all the rocky constructions, the noise and everything else. Ishpa could be noisy at times, but this human city was a whole other level. Speaking of which, the city was just gigantic. And were humans weird. There were some walking around talking to themselves, with their hands in their ears, they never even stopped to talk to anyone. It's okay not to know some people, but to know no one from your city, or at least vicinity... it's just awkward. There were some humans who actually were enjoying the day, siting around in some park of sorts, some there were just reading something that looked like newspapers... NEWSPAPERS! Well, since he didn't know anything about where he was or about the place he was, what's better than reading the news?

Kirther landed a bit far, out of sight, and instructed Nether to climb on his backs. Once Nether was confortable - well, as much as possible - Kirther covered him and Nether with his long cloak, before walking towards the park. People who saw him, stopped, and either passed nervously and quickly by, or just turned around and walked away.
"Damn it. The cloak might be attracting even more attention than just walking around showing them I'm a Beran. No use now. If they see Nether they are surely gonna freak."
Getting close to the man with the newspaper, Kirther lowered himself, trying to be the less threatening as possible, and politely asked information's.
"Excuse me. Where can I get a newspaper?"
The man looked up, first looking rather annoyed for being interrupted, but as soon as he saw Kirther's figure standing next to him, he froze.
"Y-you can have mine, I'm done reading." The man said, gathering his belongings and leaving abruptly.
"Oh well, it could've been worse." He thought, picking up the paper the man left behind. Interestingly, the page was left open, and the article read "Artificial Attacks". Reading it, there were beings called artificial's causing all sorts of trouble. Apparently a winged wolf escaped the police and another artificial confronted them, killed all. The wolf. It could just be Shane. So perhaps he wasn't the only one he-
Before he could finish his thoughts, a lot of noise could be heard, and metallic human transportations, with a noise light atop arrived. Then a lot of humans stepped outside them, shouting at him.
"Hey! You! Hands up where we can see them!" The first shouted, pointing a gun at him. Kirther rose his hands, but using the movement, created a rock wall between him and the policemen.
"Come on Nether, let's get out of here." He said, taking the cloak off. "Just make sure to fly near me, to stay inside the barrier." He said, before creating a barrier, than taking flight. A shot or two hit the barrier before they gave up. Kirther flew around for some time, above some buildings, to make sure he couldn't be followed, before landing.

"Well, good news is others might be around. Bad news is the city is huge, so it might take a while to find them, or for others to find us." He told Nether. "Well, the easier one to find might be Shane. Wherever he is, he's surely causing a ruckus." He said, remembering seeing smoke in the air before. He Quickly searched the sky again. "There. Come on, Nether." He said, before taking off again.
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

MUDPUNISHER
Grand Templar

#149 Post by MUDPUNISHER »

Talking with Valter on the way up gained no new information, with the rest of the stairs on this side blocked I told Valter to step away from the jammed door and used my wings to bash the thing open without much difficulty. Stepping through the now destroyed door with remnants of some desks next to the open space, I began walking to the other side of the room. Then it hit me, literally hit me, actually, a small fire ball clearly meant to get my attention, then my hair caught on fire. Beating at it I yelped, "Gah!!! HOT HOT HOT!!!" Spinning on my heel I saw the same guy in armor standing by the wall his hand smoking. Nodding my head I said to Valter, "You may wanna back up sir, I believe there's unfinished business here."

He looked as if he was about to argue, perhaps suggest that he try to talk the guy down. But... Well, things didn't turn out that way, even if it most likely would've been a better idea to let him talk. I held up a hand to silence him, and stepped forward, taking out my behemoth of a blade.
This guy most definitely didn't know magic last time, there was no telling how much firepower he'd gained from it.
"I knew I'd find you here." Said the armored man, speaking with the same exact text color as I tend to do. What a copycat. "Whatever you think you're doing to the president, you can just forget about it. I'm not letting you kidnap him."
Either this was a huge misunderstanding, or the guy was just looking for an excuse to fight me. And considering the massive blow to his ego the last time we met, I'm going to go and assume it's the latter. But better yet, "Why does no one believe I can simply hold a conversation? I said. "Honestly! But I digress, obviously you wanna rematch, so come on hoss, lets rock." Spinning Danger-close around I snapped it to a stop and let the electricity in the gems go, this was gonna be fun.

[battle theme.]

The knight rushed at me with a speed so fast that it was all I could do just to duck under the slash aimed for my neck, and even then, I think I got a a bit of a "haircut".
Gone was the more-or-less honorable guy trying to just knock me out. Now, he was out for blood. Spinning around I cracked the "knight" in the back with flat of my sword then used my wings to ram him clear out the window, stepping to the window sill I looked down, sighed, and turned around, "Huh, easier than last time..."

I'll be honest. I'm not exactly the brightest person on the earth. This guy was able to withstand my smashing him against a wall, and somehow NOT break every bone in his body. I really shouldn't have been as surprised as I was with what happened next.
"Nice try." I heard, as suddenly I saw a blade at my throat. Instinctively, I suddenly leaped backwards (As best I could under current circumstances.) into my would-be murderer, catching him by surprise and taking us BOTH out the window.

Shouting, "LONG WAY DOWN!!! WOOOHOO!!! Come on tin tin, open your wings or we both die! Your choice, you can fight me like a man or Puss out like a [censored]!!!
Saying this I looked down and the gound was a wee bit close now. I knocked the very sharp blade near my neck away and brought my feet up and kicked back into his chest, sending us both apart. Landing I spiked Dangerclose into the ground, "Come on hoss, I got a meeting upstairs to get to."

Though I couldn't see the guy's eyes as he landed, I was quite sure they were narrowed. He brought up his free hand, preparing to snap his fingers.
Huh, now where have I seen th- OH [censored].

Fire. Lots and loooots of fire coming my way. No time to think, better to dodge (or was it shoot?) first and ask questions later. Ducking into the nearest building just as fire slammed into the wall and licked at the door-frame I nodded and yelled, "Alright [censored], you wanna play, lets play!" Swinging around the corner and up the stairs I ran to the second floor and looked down, the guy was clearly delirious with rage, jumping off the second story I cracked the armored man over the helm with danger close's pommel and rolled to the ground and swept his legs out with the flat of danger close's blade and kicked backwards. Bringing up my blade with the clear intention of a sword fight, and if not, guess I'd just hafta go on and fry his suit real good this time.

The knight only glared at me before running a hand along his sword. Said sword's blade glowed red for about a second before bursting into flame.
I am getting one serious case of deja-vu right about now.

He launched himself at me with such a fury that I might have thought he'd gone feral on me. Flaming sword raised high, he brought it down hard.
Only my wings saved me right then, as I used their, shall we say, malleable properties to block each and every stroke.

That didn't stop him, though. He constantly found weak points in my hasty guard, and immediately exploited them. Only great reflexes saved me from getting run through at least twice in that exchange.
However, in his rage, the knight threwdefense to the wind. Sensing opportunity, my fist went straight to his face, sending him sailing.

I noticed that attack had knocked off his helmet, and as he stood up, I froze, seeing the face that the armor had hidden.

It couldn't be... How...? Why...?
"Alden?"

The fox, the one that used to be my friend, did not answer. Only staring at me with cold, merciless red eyes that promised nothing but pain and suffering.
And pain and suffering did indeed happen. The next thing I knew, he was onto me, cutting into my shoulder while I was just standing there.

I yelled in pain as the cruelly sharp blade, Ragnarok, I recognized it to be, cut through the skin, burning it at the same time.
Only then did I regain my wits, shoving him away with my "wings" before he could do worse.

Gingerly moving the arm that was attached to my injured shoulder, I could tell the damage wasn't too grievous. At least I was able to move said arm without experiencing agonizing pain. Lifting my good arm to my shoulder I growled as I healed the shoulder and licked the blood off my fingers as my eyes turned a malevolent and deep shade of purple that was almost black. Cracking my neck I let out a roar then blatantly rushed forward, out for blood, he didn't remember me and had tried to kill me… twice now, one could say I'd had enough for one day. Ramming into Alden I slammed him into the wall knocking his breath out and shearing pieces of his suit of then tossing him in the air with my wing and round-house kicking him into a wall. Beginning to step forward, then, well then the day caught up with me, staggering I leaned on a nearby wall bent over and sighed, damn I wasn't feeling quite that good. Straightening up I walked forward again, seeing Alden rise up from the hole in the wooden plywood on the scaffolding. "Oh what the fu-"

*BOOM!*

I don't rightly recall the exact details, but I was quite sure I'd either been blown up, or enveloped in flames.
Well, I'd guess it was enveloped in flames, due to the burning (duh) pain I felt then, all over my body. By the time it ended, even the act of moving caused quite a bit of pain in my everything. Well, except the wings, but they'rebasically invulnerable as far as I know. And those were the only things keeping me steady right about now.

Through my blurred vision, I could see that Alden wasn't in much better shape. Probably a broken leg, from the way he was limping.
It was nightmarish, the look in his eyes as he approached, grinning wickedly. I never knew he could hold so much hate. Even before, when he thought I'd killed Orion, he never went truly berserk.

"And now... I'll make sure you'll never be able to fly again!"

*CRACK!*

The victorious expression Alden had been wearing changed dramatically into a pained grimace as he fell unconscious.
Behind him was a figure that I didn't particularly want to see, wielding a blackjack.

"Y'know, I thought you'd be tougher than that. What happened to the whole "God of Thunder" act?"
What I was curious about, though, was how Arratay got down here so quickly.

When I asked, he just wagged his pointer finger at me annoyingly.
"Not saying a word. A ninja never reveals his secrets!"

After Arratay helped me up, I staggered, bending down I grabbed Alden's arm and began to drag his unconscious body inside. "Well Arratay, even a god can be tired, but a god I am not, but now here's the thing. I need a room with a big bed… really bad."
"Fair enough. The rebels are all but annihilated here, I believe we can arrange it."
Nuclear Cowboy

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#150 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Argo looked outside at the carnage of everything that had just passed. He knew he couldnt do anything worth helping and instead looked at those around him. "Wow. These guys sure know what to do and when. But what about me? Im just an outsider they picked up. Im no good, i dont have as much experience as them do i? Im worthless to them" argo thought sending his drone to patrol around. He watched out the window as his feelings of worthlessness turned to minor depression. H went to a broken section of wall and then flew to the roof of the building wher would be alone. Upon arrival he landed wrongly due to inexpeirience flying with wings. H groaned in pain as he slowly stood before dusting himself off. From there he looked around the city. "Nice view.....reminds me of home" argo thought before unsheathing his dark curved sword he carried, sitting down, and begining to clean it.