Destiny by Bungie

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Destiny by Bungie

#121 Post by Ranalf »

judah4 wrote: from what I know, house of wolves is going to be just like the last expansion in scope and size in almost every way but with the queens fallen(which has me intrigued, I can't deny I like the potential of ally fallen). If you liked the previous dlc, good for you, if not, be prepared for obsolete gear again with the new 34 level cap, 3 missions,strike and raid. Any real change wont happen until around September when they drop the real expansion that adds the 3rd subclass a new planet and a supposed base level cap raised by 20 I think. Of course, its more than likely to have the same flawed as it does now with lack if content for the price because that larger expansions is suppose to be $30 or $40 even.

Half of this was from leaked info so I may be wrong but house of wolves is nearly for sure going to be like the current dlc and the larger expansion called Comet:Coming if Darkness is going to be more than likely overpriced for the amount of content.

Yes, I hope for a change but if bungie really cared, they would have started changing it by now instead of just riding the gravy train while everyone who plays pays so they don't get locked out of what little content they have.
Well, my experience is paid for until House of Wolves. I'm already 32 on my main Warlock and intend to do HM CE Tonight(which, honestly, is false difficulty by making EVERYONE 32 and the mobs at 33...Dick move for 'difficulty'. Shoulda been Normal goes to 31 and HM is 32/33). Level caps always happen and there will always some 'best' gear, with some customization in the form of choosing an exotic to use alongside it unless they update the other two to the same level, which I hope they do for some variety in look. Plus, the unique perks from the VoG helms, the CE Gauntlets/Helm, and the HoW Raid Gear should be the defining factors on what we use, now HOW we look.

Of course, always the very slight chance of Transmog/Glamour. Regardless, as overpriced as it is, money for hour, I'e got about 400 or 500 hours for about $60. It cost me so far about a dime an hour to play. And I don't regret any of the time so far put into it just cause I enjoy the game for what it is, not for what it could have been. Looking at a game for its 'could have been's always makes a game seem worse (rarely better than past examples), but at its current state, it's trying to float on gunplay alone as far as I can tell, and depending on how they handle the next few DLCs, it can get better or worse, but I'm determined to keep an eye on it. As much as I see the hate on this forum for it, the game itself isn't 'bad', the story is.

Just my two cents. I understand people disappointed with Destiny, but until HoW is over, I'm going to keep playing in hopes the game will improve. From then, I'll watch and hope they put effort into improving in Comet. If Comet doesn't revamp the story significantly, I'll probably just walk away since I won't pay $20 for another "Expansion" *cough*dlc*cough*. I've already gotten more than my money's worth of playtime, so whatever.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#122 Post by Envy661 »

What goes through my brain when people still pretend destiny is relevant:

https://youtu.be/g4ZjtKW6tog
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#123 Post by Insomniac »

So wow, super necro post, but I finally picked up the Legendary Edition. Got it on PS3 because that's the only thing I can play it on. Sucks that the next expansion isn't coming to my consoles, but eh. I'm having fun.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#124 Post by Insomniac »

Another necro post, actually drilled into Destiny in the past couple months. Been maining a Warlock, Stormcaller of course. Got a couple friends I play with, but I could always use more if anyone still plays it on PS3.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#125 Post by minime »

i only play it on PS4 unfortunately, and gonna be playing the beta for number 2 tomorrow

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#126 Post by Dadrobit »

PS4 player here as well.

I'm gonna hold off on D2 for a while and see how it shakes out. I got burned on preordering and hyping for the original after playing the beta, not knowing how dismally small the final game was. Beat the campaign in pretty much one sitting. Even playing with my best buddies on it, we all couldn't make the game fun after a few days of doing the same crap over and over again, occasionally getting a decent drop to improve our efficiency in certain areas by .05%. We played tiny bits on and off again since release, but it's been 99.9% off.

I've kept from preordering games since. (Bar FFXII: Zodiac Age because I knew that was gonna be awesome. :mrgrin: )

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#127 Post by minime »

i've pre ordered it because a few friends have, and these friends are able to make any game fun. We've had a lot of fun times on Destiny just messing around together

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#128 Post by Envy661 »

Here's hoping Destiny 2 doesn't suffer the same glaring flaws Destiny 1 did. I don't care how good it EVENTUALLY got, because you guys have to remember, that EVENTUALLY came with a pricetag. If they screw us with a paywall for any real content like they did with Destiny 1, I'll officially be done with Bungie.

Sometimes I'm really glad Destiny 1 didn't come out on PC. And I'll be saving my money to wait and see just what kind of state Destiny 2 is in at launch.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#129 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:13 am Here's hoping Destiny 2 doesn't suffer the same glaring flaws Destiny 1 did. I don't care how good it EVENTUALLY got, because you guys have to remember, that EVENTUALLY came with a pricetag. If they screw us with a paywall for any real content like they did with Destiny 1, I'll officially be done with Bungie.

Sometimes I'm really glad Destiny 1 didn't come out on PC. And I'll be saving my money to wait and see just what kind of state Destiny 2 is in at launch.
Eventual paywall is all but assured, given Bungie's masters at Activision. They aren't EA, but bloomin' onions, these big companies are slow to learn. Especially when they don't get the money-nipple yanked out when it's abundantly deserved. Game looks good though from what I've seen online of the beta. By which I mean, the gameplay looks as fun as ever.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#130 Post by minime »

Yea it looks really nice, and the strike they let you play is really fun too

SpartanB312

#131 Post by SpartanB312 »

Halo: Reach was the last good game made by Bungie, in my opinion. Played Destiny since release and for about a month or two after the release of TTK. It was fun at first, but it got bad really quickly.
oy vey

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#132 Post by Envy661 »

PSA Warning to Destiny 2 players:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comme ... ly_banned/

Basically indisputable permabans for anyone using any form of overlay/video capture while playing. From OBS to even Discord and NVIDIA Shadowplay, which is enabled by default.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#133 Post by Lief »

Shadowplay is allowed, and they're looking into and have already unbanned some of the false flag bans.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#134 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm PSA Warning to Destiny 2 players:

Basically indisputable permabans for anyone using any form of overlay/video capture while playing. From OBS to even Discord and NVIDIA Shadowplay, which is enabled by default.
So according to Destiny 2 players that I know elsewhere, this has been proven false.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#135 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:42 pm
Envy661 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 pm PSA Warning to Destiny 2 players:

So according to Destiny 2 players that I know elsewhere, this has been proven false.
Uh huh...

http://www.pcgamer.com/bungie-third-par ... ny-2-bans/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/1 ... verturned/

While they are still denying the sentiment, they are, most definitely, backpedaling on some of their bans.

I don't blame Bungie itself for this, mind you. I'd put the blame more on Activision, and I most DEFINITELY see this as something Activision would do.

Considering these bans were dished out LITERALLY DAY 1 of the PC release, I doubt there was a single thing 'Malicious' about a vast majority of those banned outside of using third party services, like the ones stated in my earlier post.

Not even Modern Warfare 2 was hacked THAT fast. Get real, man.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq