Website Issues

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

Samantaz
Master

Re: Website Bugs

#31 Post by Samantaz »

ThunderVolt wrote:The ridiculous kiwi is back, unfortunately with more issues.

Is KeenSpot picky about where it loads its page and how? When I try to load the comic off my Wi-Fi, it fails. But across my data, it loads just fine. Fix?
Check DNS/proxy settings on each device (Phone/PC/Router, ...) ... that's probably the reason why it doesn't work !

Your home ISP probably blocks some domains (with DNS), what your phone ISP isn't doing ...
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by TheMouse »

I'm having the same problem across multiple browsers and platforms. Random redirects to REALLY suspicious attempts to force a download. Because totally, TwoKinds is going to trigger a mandatory urgent upgrade to FireFox/Chrome/my phone. Thing is, as near as I can tell, this is the only website that does it. Do I need to just suck it up and enable adblockers?
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33 Post by Turaiel »

TheMouse wrote:I'm having the same problem across multiple browsers and platforms. Random redirects to REALLY suspicious attempts to force a download. Because totally, TwoKinds is going to trigger a mandatory urgent upgrade to FireFox/Chrome/my phone. Thing is, as near as I can tell, this is the only website that does it. Do I need to just suck it up and enable adblockers?
Sounds like one of our ad providers isn't doing a very good job of monitoring its ads. Can you please PM me with your browser/device info so I can try to reproduce it? Thanks!
Website Administrator

Viper4K
Traveler

#34 Post by Viper4K »

TheMouse wrote:I'm having the same problem across multiple browsers and platforms. Random redirects to REALLY suspicious attempts to force a download. Because totally, TwoKinds is going to trigger a mandatory urgent upgrade to FireFox/Chrome/my phone. Thing is, as near as I can tell, this is the only website that does it. Do I need to just suck it up and enable adblockers?
Is it on PC? If so, you are probably victim of single site adware. Basically, virus on your pc detects when you open twokinds website and redirects you to other websites/pops ads up. I had one of these before, malwarebytes helps...
Happiness can be created. With your own hand. What are you waiting for?
~Viper4K, 2017

amenon
Grand Templar

#35 Post by amenon »

Just noticed that there's a sorting boo-boo on the fanart page because of the filenames.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Turaiel
Administrator

#36 Post by Turaiel »

amenon wrote:Just noticed that there's a sorting boo-boo on the fanart page because of the filenames.
Fixed, thanks! The IDs were being sorted as strings instead of numbers. I also took the opportunity to reverse the fanart sorting so the newest pieces are first.
Website Administrator

amenon
Grand Templar

#37 Post by amenon »

More of a feature request than a bug, but I noticed that the old image links aren't valid anymore, so the comic discussion threads have dead hotlinks. (par exemple)

So if possible, it would be nice to get a redirect from under images/ to the cdn.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Turaiel
Administrator

#38 Post by Turaiel »

amenon wrote:More of a feature request than a bug, but I noticed that the old image links aren't valid anymore, so the comic discussion threads have dead hotlinks. (par exemple)

So if possible, it would be nice to get a redirect from under images/ to the cdn.
I added a redirect to throw any links to the old /images/ to the new /comics/. Obviously this won't catch every case on earth, but it should get the important ones.
Website Administrator

Turaiel
Administrator

#39 Post by Turaiel »

(Quote removed by user request -Turaiel)

This is a known bug with the current version of phpBB. We'll just need to wait until a new version comes out that fixes it.
Website Administrator

Turaiel
Administrator

Re: Website Issues

#40 Post by Turaiel »

I am renaming and moving this thread to the News Bulletin section to make it easier to find and more descriptive of what the thread is intended for.
Website Administrator

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#41 Post by jacobc62 »

Okay, so I had to change my computer's time manually and then switch it back just to post this, but when I tried to go to the forum this morning, Firefox had popped the ol' "Insecure Connection" on me, stating that the certificate had expired, and I couldn't add an exception due to the HSTS thingimajiggy...

Just a heads up on that. I do apologize for the lack of proper description, but I was unable to get a screenshot of the issue before posting here.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Turaiel
Administrator

#42 Post by Turaiel »

jacobc62 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:41 pm Okay, so I had to change my computer's time manually and then switch it back just to post this, but when I tried to go to the forum this morning, Firefox had popped the ol' "Insecure Connection" on me, stating that the certificate had expired, and I couldn't add an exception due to the HSTS thingimajiggy...

Just a heads up on that. I do apologize for the lack of proper description, but I was unable to get a screenshot of the issue before posting here.
Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed the certificates. Now I need to look into why it didn't renew when it was supposed to...
Website Administrator

Tyger42
Apprentice

Past week...

#43 Post by Tyger42 »

....so, um, for the record.... White the HTTPS was down, the link to the non HTTPS site just routed me back to HTTPS and the "HTTPS site" down message. >< Not sure if it did that for everyone or something was screwy on my end...

Moved from Comic Discussion
~Hayate

Turaiel
Administrator

Re: Past week...

#44 Post by Turaiel »

Tyger42 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:16 pm ....so, um, for the record.... White the HTTPS was down, the link to the non HTTPS site just routed me back to HTTPS and the "HTTPS site" down message. >< Not sure if it did that for everyone or something was screwy on my end...

Moved from Comic Discussion
~Hayate
Do you use an extension like HTTPS Everywhere? That would cause the behavior you're describing. In any case, the problem should be solved now that the site is fully HTTPS.
Website Administrator

Tyger42
Apprentice

Re: Past week...

#45 Post by Tyger42 »

Turaiel wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:24 pm Do you use an extension like HTTPS Everywhere? That would cause the behavior you're describing.
No such extensions, no. But, yeah, the site's working fine now. Just wasn't able to get to a working page at all for a few days.