Website Issues

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Website Issues

#1 Post by Turaiel »

Please report any bugs or issues found on the website here. This thread will be kept as a listing of items requiring repair and to whom the issues are assigned.

Known issues:
  • Malicious advertisements - Some ad providers have been redirecting mobile users to malicious websites. These providers have been disabled while we investigate. Remember, Twokinds will NEVER intentionally redirect you to any other websites. - Assigned to Keenspot

If the comic page is updated, but you still see the old page on the site, it is because your browser has cached, or saved, the page in its old form. Perform the following steps to fix this:
  1. On Windows and Linux, press [Ctrl]+[F5] to reload the page without cache, on Mac OS, use [Cmd]-[Shift]-[R]
  2. If that didn't work, go into your browser's settings and manually clear the cache. Use Google if you're not sure how to do this.
Website Administrator

D3ADKi113R
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Website Bugs

#2 Post by D3ADKi113R »

What about when the coding fails and you get a page of text or when a line fails and you just get a line of text but everything else is fine? (or is this just me)
Where to find me:
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/d3adki113r/
Discord: SnowyLoli#4512 (let me know you're from the forums!)

Turaiel
Administrator

#3 Post by Turaiel »

D3ADKi113R wrote:What about when the coding fails and you get a page of text or when a line fails and you just get a line of text but everything else is fine? (or is this just me)
The coding doesn't fail like that. Chances are, your browser just failed to load the CSS file containing page formatting. I'm not sure what you mean bu the line of text, but it's also probably a browser loading issue.
Website Administrator

D3ADKi113R
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by D3ADKi113R »

Turaiel wrote:
D3ADKi113R wrote:What about when the coding fails and you get a page of text or when a line fails and you just get a line of text but everything else is fine? (or is this just me)
The coding doesn't fail like that. Chances are, your browser just failed to load the CSS file containing page formatting. I'm not sure what you mean bu the line of text, but it's also probably a browser loading issue.
no, because it happened on my friends browser (FF) and mine (chrome) AND my Ipod. and its a line of code that I see right next to the banner.
Where to find me:

Turaiel
Administrator

#5 Post by Turaiel »

Get a screenshot and post it. I blame Keenspot for any random lines of code that show up.
Website Administrator

D3ADKi113R
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by D3ADKi113R »

Turaiel wrote:Get a screenshot and post it. I blame Keenspot for any random lines of code that show up.
If it comes up I will
Where to find me:

Turaiel
Administrator

#7 Post by Turaiel »

Super bump. If you see any bugs, let me know!
Website Administrator

que
New Citizen

#8 Post by que »

Hi there. You've probably already noticed this, but I failed to find any post/article that says you know about it..

There's some bug that replaces a name of one of the characters, the "Red" :redhair: one with "database error" text. You can see it for example on the CharactersPage (http://twokinds.keenspot.com/?p=characters). Find "musclehead" word and you'll see. I actually temporarily forgot what was the guy's name :)

But, that's not all. Not only the main site has that. Also here in forums, all name-references has been "database-error'ed", of course unless it's some common joke/prank of the posters that I wasnt aware of ;)

BTW. Your ascii-art'ed flora&trace is just insane. Almost like steganography. You have to know what it is before you can really see it. Great idea!

cliffpanther
Grand Templar
Location: In the central point of the Universe. Just like everyone else.

#9 Post by cliffpanther »

que wrote:Hi there. You've probably already noticed this, but I failed to find any post/article that says you know about it..

There's some bug that replaces a name of one of the characters, the "Red" :redhair: one with "database error" text. You can see it for example on the CharactersPage (http://twokinds.keenspot.com/?p=characters). Find "musclehead" word and you'll see. I actually temporarily forgot what was the guy's name :)

But, that's not all. Not only the main site has that. Also here in forums, all name-references has been "database-error'ed", of course unless it's some common joke/prank of the posters that I wasnt aware of ;)

BTW. Your ascii-art'ed flora&trace is just insane. Almost like steganography. You have to know what it is before you can really see it. Great idea!
Nah, of course [database error]'s name is common knowledge. You should read the comic carefully and you'll find it.
Spoiler!
...ok, kidding. It's a prank. :P

Turaiel
Administrator

#10 Post by Turaiel »

que wrote:Also here in forums, all name-references has been "database-error'ed", of course unless it's some common joke/prank of the posters that I wasnt aware of ;)
Yep, it's all on purpose.
que wrote:BTW. Your ascii-art'ed flora&trace is just insane. Almost like steganography. You have to know what it is before you can really see it. Great idea!
Thanks! :D
Website Administrator

Theriisingsun
Merchant

#11 Post by Theriisingsun »

Urgent
I am not sure about this at the moment, but i have run various malware/spyware checks and deleted any unknown programs/files from my pc and had someone to check to make sure everything looked legit, but my point:

i think the main site may be infected with a virus, this one says that flash is out of date (which is not possible as it's built into the browser and flash does not take over the page and say you need to download bogus software which is infected and basically a trojan)

i have checked many sites and it only seems to be affecting this one making me believe that this is actually site related, i'd thought i'd put this out here as to get your attention to make sure that the site is fine, it's a shame because quite often i can't look at the main page without it redirecting to a fake adobe flash download

Turaiel
Administrator

#12 Post by Turaiel »

Thanks for your comments. We are aware of the issue and it may be related to some rogue ads. Keenspot is looking into the issue.
Website Administrator

Theriisingsun
Merchant

#13 Post by Theriisingsun »

alright good to know, but it might be a good idea to get a message out, not everyone is tech savvy/knowledgabe about this sort of thing and it would be a real shame if this drove of a few people because a rogue ad was causing problems

Turaiel
Administrator

#14 Post by Turaiel »

Please let me know what browser and operating system you're using.
Website Administrator

Theriisingsun
Merchant

#15 Post by Theriisingsun »

Turaiel wrote:Please let me know what browser and operating system you're using.
sorry for late response, i've only just got back from cooking (and it was really late when i posted) i'm using google chrome and windows 7 proffessional