The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 1 now up

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 7 now up

#46 Post by tony1695 »

I was kinda hoping she'd leap out and actually try and force herself onto him. But I guess she didn't just sleep in that closet... (I apologise for my mind being in the gutter. It's late, and my mind has a habit of doing that.)
As for this mysterious stranger... This can't be good.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 7 now up

#47 Post by kevin »

Sorry to have disappointed you Tony, better luck next time^^
As for the mysterious character, the drama builds *cue dramatic music*
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

kevin
Grand Templar

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 8 now up

#48 Post by kevin »

Another long delay before an update, how typical :| But any how, here's the next chapter, enjoy!

Chapter 8

Isabell was lying in bed, the covers having been distorted from her tossing and turning. As she went to roll over, she did not know she was on the edge of the bed, and fell to the floor. She landed with a thud followed by her exclaiming "Ow!" in a highly annoyed tone. She pulls herself up and, after taking a few moments to fully wake up, thinks to herself "What happened last night? Oh, right, that jerk locked me up in that damned closet. I don't know how I ended up in here, but I know I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind."
With that, she puts on the clothes she left in there last night and leaves the room heading towards Ron's room. When she reaches his door, she thinks "Time to tell him off for acting like a jerk last night." She throws the door open saying "Hey you sorry bast-!", being cut short by her own curiousity at the way Ron was dressed. Instead of his every day clothes, which are usually quite worn out and looking a few decades older than Ron, he was wearing dress clothes that looked damn near new. Black trousers, shoes, and belt, with a white collared shirt, the belt and shoes having a polished kind of shine to them.
Ron had been checking himself in the mirror to make sure everything looked right when Isabell burst into the door. After a split second of silence after Isabell cut her sentance shirt, Ron exclaimed "Isabell?!"
"Yeah, it's me. I was gonna give you an ear full, but right now I kinda can't get over how good you look in them clothes"
"Oh great, she's still in an estrus way of thinking. Look, I was hoping you'd stay asleep, but since you're up, I need you to stay in your room or something until I say you can come out."
"What on Mekkan for? Got a date or something handsome?"
"No, it's just-*sight*, my boss is coming by today to talk to me about my progress and my general performance afterall"
"So, what up with the fancy clothes then?"
"Well, it is my boss after all, so I need to dress better than usual"
"Eh, guess that's true"
"No, if you'll please, you can't be out of your room"
With that, Ron starts pushing Isabell out of his room. Isabell stops him by putting her arms on the door frame saying "Hold on a damn minute! Why do I have to be banished to my room?!"
"Simple, I don't need my horny slave pouncing my boss"
"I'm not gonna do that!"
"You tried to do it to me last night!"
"That's different!"
"How?"
"Umm... Just trust me, it's different"
"I don't have time for this. Look, if you're insisting on not staying in your room, then be on your best behavior"
"Okay okay, fine"
"Good. Now, go make yourself presentable please"
"Alright" sighs Isabell as she goes to her room to freshen up, though as she walks there she thinks to herself "Wait a minute, make myself presentable? Did he just say I look bad?!"
Meanwhile, back in town at the Templar lodge, the head Templar for the lodge is in his personal library drinking some wine, wearing a superb leisure robe, sitting in a fine leather chair reading a small book. The door to the library opens as a leopard Keidran steps in saying "Master, your scout has returned from the mission you sent him on"
"Ah yes" replies the Templar in an almost cheerful tone, "Tell him to come right in. Return to your quarters from there Boris"
"Yes, master"
The same mysterious figure that had been spying on Wayne enters the room and pulls down his hood to reveal him to be a young man with almost child like features. He bows in respect to the master Templar before being told "Tell me what it is you have found." The man straightens his stance back out and reports "Sir, I have observed the Davis brothers as instructed, and I have over heard several suspiscious conversations between the two. Namely, Wayne Davis telling his brother Ron of the rumor floating around town about him and his slave, aswell as Wayne warning Ron of us potentially finding out about some appearently shadey doings that had taken place some years ago. I also heard something about Ron having differing loyalties from what he portrays on a daily basis, though I could no make out what those loyalties were."
"Is that all you have to report then?"
"Yes, sir. I wish I had more to offer you, but that is all I could find out for now"
"Fare well then, you are finished. I shall contact you if I need your services again. Return to your normal duties until further notice"
"Yes sir, will do"
The young lad bows once more before departing. The Templar sips some of his wine before thinking "So, it would appear that my initial hunches about this Ron Davis are beginning to prove true. I think my feelers should extend their hands forth and see what they can gather about his past. Let's see if we can find out just what it is he might have done to fear his friendly neiborhood Templars." A sly grin crosses his face before he sips more of his wine and returning this book.
Back at Ron's house, all was nearly ready for his boss' arrival. The front parlor freshly cleaned, Ron dressed in his most proper attire, the children playing contently in their room, even Isabell wearing a pleasent sun dress Ron had purchased for her during his last trip into town for just such an occaision. Ron now gathers paper work to present to his employer. Isabell, standing in the doorway of his study as he does so, askes half confused "What exactly is it you do anyways? If you don't mind me asking"
"I do various things" replies Ron as he straightens some papers out, "I mainly do stuff similar to that of a secretary"
"And your boss, what's he do?"
"He pays me to do all this while he does other things, never really tells me what he does"
"Well, ain't that nice of him" sarcastically comments Isabell while rolling her eyes.
There is a series of knocks from the door. Ron looks towards the door and says "That's gotta be him. Go let him in, and be polite about it"
"Yes master"
"Isabell"
"I'm just playing with ya, jeez"
She heads to the door, straightens her dress out, and opens the door to allow in Ron's boss. She says with a smile "Hello and welcome to the Davis home. Master will be out soon enough to be with you." In walks a rather portly middle aged man, a little on the short side, bearing a medium length beard that barely covers his double chin, wearing a business suit and a bowler syled hat. Isabell could not help in noticing, and being impressed by, the big rings he wore that had diamonds studded in them. He looks to Isabell and says somewhat snootily "Please inform your master I haven't got time to wait around on him."
Ron walks into the parlor, his right hand clutching a stack of papers. "You don't have to wait, sir. I'm right here" he says to his boss while adjusting his glasses. "I'm right here mister Hughes." Hughes looked to Ron with a some what contemptful expression remarking "So glad I needn't to have waited on you Ron, considering I'm your employer."
"Yes sir, that's true. Can I get you anything before we go over the completed work?"
"No, no. I'm quite fine. I'll just take a seat and we can start"
"Okay then sir"
Hughes sat down on the sofa, making himself comfortable. Ron hands him the papers and tells him "I've completed all you requested sir"
"Including all the legal papers I asked you to fill out?" asked Hughes as he pulled out his own glasses and put them on.
"Yes sir. The contract for you and the farmer's guild, the report on the conduct of your work crew, and the terms of agreement for the new tract of land you're wanting over by the Harrison farm"
"And what of my finances? Have you balanced my account and kept things in order?"
"Yes sir. I had some trouble keeping track of every last cent, but I managed to do so. All your transactions are stated and in order. Even noted who was owed back pay, advances, and so on"
"Good, good" stated Hughes as he flipped through the various documents.
After sifting through all the papers, Hughes got up from the sofa saying "Very good Ron. I must say, you get things done well ahead of time and for a great price." He folded the papers, stuck them in an inner pocket of his coat, and said "Now if you'll excuse me, I must be off. I've got other affairs to tend to." He goes towards the door as Isabell opens it for him. Ron says "Okay then, sir. Glad it was to your liking." Hughes looked back stating "By the way, you'll get your pay for this tomorrow. I'll send a servent over to deliver it." Hughes then left promptly.
Isabell closes the door and says to Ron "You had us get cleaned up and what not for that? He was only here a couple minutes"
"I know, but believe me, he's a very discerning man. If it was anything less, I very well couldn've been fired"
"Fired? For not treating him like a damned king or something?"
"I know, it sounds stupid. But he's a snooty jerk who wouldn't accept anything less"
"Then why work for him?!"
"Cause he pays cold hard gold and I don't have to brake my back outside. Instead, I just have to use my mind and pen to make a good living"
"Well, that makes sense. What does he even do anyways?"
"Oh, he's a kind of entrepreneur. He runs a farm, construction company, and hardware supply store"
"Wow, no wonder he looked like such big stuff"
Ron starts unbuttoning his shirt while walking away saying "Now that that's done, I'm gonna hang these clothes back up and put on regular ones."
"Yeah, I need to get outta this dress" replies Isabell as she walks towards her room.
After getting his dress shirt unbuttoned, Ron takes off the suspenders and goes to take his pants off, but he hears a small creak sound. He sighs before saying "Isabell, I know you're there. I'll chalk this up to you still being in estrus, but close the door and stop what you're doing." He hears her say low to herself "Damn squeeky door" and then the door click back shut. He rolls his eyes as he proceeds to change clothes and thinks "At least estrus only comes every couple months and not once a month"

Thank you for reading, and as always, feed back is appreciated and sought after.
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#49 Post by tony1695 »

When it changed view to the Templars, there should have been a gap in between the paragraphs. Other than that, it gets intriguing. And yes, the last thing Ron needs is a horny slave-girl pouncing his boss.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

kevin
Grand Templar

#50 Post by kevin »

Oh damn. Looks like when I copy pasted the chapter from my word pad, it go rid of the spacing between paragraphs I had. Hate when stuff like that happens :|

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#51 Post by Donnellson86 »

Yeah little trick to that is to either hit the enter key twice or go in and do it manually when transferred. Other than that great work. I can't wait for the next one.

EDIT: Also, I know he's glad that door squeaks now.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar

#52 Post by kevin »

*dusts thread off* Wow it's been a while :| But I haven't forgotten about this (though I fear you guys might have). As far as the next chapter, it turned out to be longer than I though it was gonna be so I split it in to. Hopefully someone is still reading this, if so do enjoy

Chapter 9 Part 1

Just as Hughes had said, a servant brought that month's pay for Ron. Five-hundred pieces of cold hard quality gold. Putting away half of it into a small safe, the rest of it was decided to be used to go shopping at the local store. Mainly buying some more food and some articles of clothing, the children were also allowed to pick out some toys for themselves. So one could say that this is a one big family shopping trip, all be it for a rather dysfunctional family.

They reach the store by mid afternoon, with things still rather vibrant in town. Since they do not come to town very often, Ron insisted on wearing decent clothes. Not quite dress atire, but definately better than the usual every day. The structure of the store is a little worn, with some of the white paint coming off of the wood and the wooden shingles of the roof having turned a very dark gray color, but it is a popular place to shop and even hang out a bit. On the front porch there's the classic old men playing games around a checkard board, with another old man sitting on the otherside asleep in his chair, hat pulled down past his eyes.

Inside the door, there's a bar where you would purchase your items, with medicines, spirits, and meats behind it so that you have to get the cashier to get them for you. The middle of the shop has fruits, vegetables, and other foods. Along the walls are clothes on racks, cloth to make into clothes, dishware, miscellanious manufactured products, and a small children's section at the back corner. Rather oriented much like any other store.

When they walk in the young man at the counter looks towards them, smiles, and says "Well now, welcome back mister Davis. I see you brought your children, but I don't believe I've met the vixen next to you."

Ron smiles back at the man before saying "Afternoon Elion, this here is Isabell. I purchased her to help with taking care of the kids." Elion gives a courtious bow, straightens his back, and address Isabell with "So nice to meet you, ma'am. Welcome to my humble shop" sweeping his hands from his sides into the air as a gesture of offering to her all that she sees before returning his hands to his sides. "If you need anything, please do ask me."

Isabell gives a friendly smile saying "Nice to meet you too, sir. Will do." Ron neals to face level with his children and tells them "Okay kids, y'all go with Isabell and help her with the shopping. If you're good about it, you'll be allowed to pick out one toy each when she grabs what we need first." The children let out an almost simultanious "Okay!" Ron stands back up from his nealing position as Isabell went with the children to shop around the store. As they do so, he walks to the end of the counter, leaning onto it with his forearms, and says to Elion "So how have you been doing lately bud?"

Elion grins a bit as he walks over to Ron and says "I've been doing just fine, but from what I hear, not as good as you've been doing." He points quickly at Isabell as he finishes his sentance. Ron stands up straight sighing before asking "I take it you heard the same rumor that's been flying about the town?" Elion's grin widens a bit as he shrugs and replies "Of course, all the old folks come in here to play games and tell tales, so naturally I'd hear a thing or two."

Ron rubs his forehead in frustration before asking "Do you believe the rumors, though?"

"Nah," Elion begins shaking his head slightly, "though given what you used to do, it wouldn't have surprised me much either."

Ron jabs Elion real quick in the shoulder before gesturing over to Isabell. Elion looks at her for a moment before turning back to Ron stating "Eh, I really don't care if she over hears. Even if she did hear something worth ratting about, who'd believe a furball anyhow?"

Rons shrugs replying "I don't know, bud."

Elion leans in over the counter towards Ron and points out "By the way, you've failed to confirm or deny whether or not those rumors are true."

Ron rubs his forehead saying "Gods damn it, Elion, I'd thought that would have gone without asking."

"That's not a yes or no I'm hearing."

"No, they're not true."

"Whatever you say" says Elion sarcastically as he straightens his back from his leaning position. "Just be sure not to do a stunt like that again. I'd suggest giving her a pale of water and a piece of soap and telling her to take care of herself outside or something. Then again, that's just me"

Ron nods a bit before saying "Well enough of my personal life, what's new with you?"

Elion's playful smile fades and he tightens his lips in quiet thought. After a moment's hesitation, he replies "Not too bad, Claire's still on my end about fixing up the house a bit and the kids are doing fine after their brush with the flu. They're hoping to be well enough to go the Fall Festival and play with their friends, especially Dianne." His eyes narrow a bit before continuing "I'm betting she's got a date with that Parker boy, Bart I think his name is."

"Something like that, I honestly couldn't tell you" says Ron in reference to the boy's name.

Elion shrugs before stating "Either way, if it's what I think it is and I catch them, I'm gonna show the runt what for."

Ron snorts a bit in amusement at his old friend. Though he can not blame Elion, he knows he will act in a similar manner once his own daughter nears dating age. Ron thought for a minute, took in a long breath, and asked "When did we get to be old men like this? Hell, we're still young."

Elion shakes his head a bit and simply says "Don't know. All I know is that it only gets worse with time."

"Yeah" says Ron with a slight smirk on his face. "Oh," he begins sounding as though he had just remembered something, "you said y'all were going to the Fall Festival, eh?"

"Yeah, something to do as a family like every year."

"Right, stupid question. I was asking, though, cause I haven't been in a while and I was wondering if it's still like it was the last time I went."

"Pretty much, live music, good food, lots of people and stuff going on, you know the drill."

"Great. I was hoping it was still the same. I wanted to take them this year. I'm sure Isabell in particular will love it."

"Wait," began Elion while putting a hand up, "you mean to tell me you're taking her too?" He gestures vaguely at Isabell over in the corner looking at an article of clothing.

"Yeah," replies Ron slowly with an eyebrow raised, "there a problem with that?"

"Not from me, but you know there's those who would gossip about such a thing."

Shrugging, Ron states "Frankly, bud, I don't give a damn."

"Alright.." replies Elion, trailing off feeling that the subject has already been exhausted. He looks over as some movement at the edge of his vision catches his attention. It was Isabell coming to the counter with her arms full of items for purchase. He turns to her with a pleasant smile asking "This it for you miss Isabell?"

With a sigh she puts the items on the counter saying "Not quite." The children put their toys on the counter; a doll for Kate and a small cloth ball resembling a baseball for WIlliam. Brushing some hair out of her face Isabell continues "We're also gonna need about five pounds of beef, lean if you have it, and two pounds pork please."

Elion nods before saying "Alright then, give me a few moments." He turns around to some of the meats behind the counter and begins to carve them up with a knife and cutting board. With a set of scales he weighs out the appropriate amount, wraps it up in paper, and sets it on the counter next the rest of the items. He wipes his hands clean of the blood with the apron he is wearing and asks "Now is this it for you?"

"Yes sir, this will be it" answers Isabell almost cheerfully.

Ron steps around to where he is beside Isabell and eyes the items real quick. The meat and toys along with a new dress for Isabell, some new clothes for the kids, some vegetables, a small sewing kit, a pack of paper, some ink, and some yarn. Nodding as if though he approves, he looks at Elion while reaching into his pocket and asks "So what's the damage then?"

Elion looks at each item and looks down at a piece of paper on the counter listing item prices. After a moment of looking up the prices and doing some quick math in his head, he looks up at Ron and says "Your total's twenty gold pieces."

Ron pulls out a small money bag and counts out twenty gold pieces. He then puts the money into Elion's hand, who then puts it on a scale to ensure that it is gold based on the weight of the collective pieces. He puts a weight on the otherside of the scale and the two pans of the scale even out proving the gold to be real. As Elion pulls the gold off Ron joking asks "Don't trust me bud?" while grinning and putting his money bag back in his pocket.

Elion grins and answers "No, I just don't trust anyone." He puts the items in paper bags and, after exchanging thank you's, Ron and Isabell leave with the kids and the newly purchased items. Elion watched them leave and watched them through the shop windows. His grin disappeared and he shook his head before going through a door to the back of the store to do some quick inventory.

As they walk down the dirt street talking amongst themselves, one of Isabell's ears turns to her side down another street. She looks down the street at a crowd of people having gathered at the opposite end. She looked back at Ron and asked "Any idea what's going on?"

Ron looked past her towards the crowd and squinted through his glasses to make out what was going on. He listens closely and soon enough the sound of a brass band playing a marching tune becomes evident. Ron raises an eyebrow in curiousity. He nods in the direction of the crowd and says "Let's go check it out."

The "family" nears the crowd and hears drums mixed in with the brass band. Finally, they turn a corner and are able to see into the parade grounds where everyone seems to be massed. In the middle of the grounds was a wooden platform holding the band and a few men in robes and armor. Above the platform was a banner with the words "Volunteers Needed for the King's Army" painted across it. Of course Ron was the only one able to read the banner; Isabell and the kids were still lost.

Ron also knew exactly what it was even without the sign, an attempt at recruiting soldiers to fight in the war. No sooner had they seen the platform that the band reached the climax of the song and went silent. The crowd clapped and cheered in approval. One of the men in armor, an older gentleman with graying hair and beard, stepped to the fore front of the stage and began speaking with "Another round of applause for the second legionary marching band."

The crowd obliged and were quieted when the older man reached his hand into the air. He then began an obviously rehersed speech, introducing himself as a "captain of the volunteers" for the province and was "raising troops to aide in the defense of the empire." He also reminded every young man in the audience that it was his duty to "cut down every furball who dares raise a sword to their King and people." The captain concluded with the line "For the glory and honor of the empire, for the safety and security of your mothers, for fame and immortality, sign up today and become a part of history!" "What a load of bull", thought Ron.

WIth that line, however, the captain recieved cheers and applause from the crowd and a new song starting up from the band. Young men began to work their way through the crowd towards several recruiters to sign their names to enlistment papers. Ron turns back towards the street they originally came down and says "C'mon, let's go home" as he steps off. Isabell and the kids follow, with Isabell feeling uneasy with the thought of soldiers being rounded up to help kill her fellow Keidran.

As they walk down the street William gets beside Ron and enthuesiastically states "Someday, dad, I'mma be a big bad soldier just like them!" Ron eyes the child wearily. He knows it was simply the rambling of a boy wanting to show his interest, Ron recalls saying similar things at that age. To humor William, Ron puts on a pleasant smile, pats the boy on the head, and says "Yep, and I'm sure you'll be the fiercest warrior out there." William smiles cheerfully and looks back to the street as he walks.

Then the boy asked a question that totally threw Ron off guard. William's smile disappeared as a thought crept through his mind before he turned back to Ron and asked "Hey dad, what was he talking about back there? You know, about those 'furballs' or whatever?" Ron almost stopped mid-stride as the question fell to his ears. He looked at Isabell as if to say "What do I do?" She shrugs with a look of "Don't ask me" written on her face. Ron then shook his head and said to William "You'll know when you're older, bud." Classic parental defense tactic.

William looked at his father curiously before shrugging and saying "Whatever." They all walked home with the children making small talk while Isabell eyed Ron. He seemed unusually more hostile when he saw the recruitment stand. She wondered what was going on inside his head. Thanks to his silence the whole walk back home, however, she could not find out.

The next night, they went to the town's "Fall Festival." Oddly enough, Ron did not insist on "proper" clothes as he called their more dress attire. Rather, he knew the kids at the very least were going to play with the other children and potentially get dirty or scruffed up in the process; especially William. So, Ron allowed the children and Isabell to dress comfortably. For William, this was a pair of pants and a loose shirt; for Kate, her favorite dress and a sweater; for Isabell, some pants and a loose shirt; and for Ron, simple pants, coat, plain undershirt, and boots.

In fact the biggest surprise yet was shortly before leaving the house, when Ron called Isabell into his room. When she went in he pulled a key out of his dresser. With that key, he unlocked her shackles, including the one around her neck with the control spell. While she was already pretty free spirited, the spell still made her do as she was told. Now, it was not there. She held a hand to her neck, rubbing where the collar had been, before asking Ron "Why?"

Ron shrugged replying "Why not? I figured you'd like to have a little fun and freedom tonight. After all, this is supposed to be a fun night, isn't it?" Almost without hesitation, or thought, Isabell hugged Ron as tears formed in her eyes. Ron gave a pleasant smile and said "I haven't even told you the best part."

Isabell looks up at him with puppy dog eyes asking "Huh?" Still smiling Ron said "If you're good tonight and don't try to, say, escape, then I'll probably leave the shackles and control spell off." Isabell buried her head into Ron's chest and hugged him even tighter until she could clearly hear his heart beat. She felt him place a hand on her head and pet her in a comforting manner. She hears him say in a low voice "No need to get emotional before a family outing. Go and get the kids ready so we can go."

Isabell did not want to let go, but even without the control spell Ron had this magic ability to get her to comply. She released her bear hug, wiped away her tears, and went to leave Ron's room. She stops as the threshold of the door and turned to Ron to say "Thank you" before turning back to the door and leaving. Ron stuffed his hands in the pockets of his pants while looking down at the floor. "What am I thinking?" he thought.

Ron, Isabell, and the kids arrived at the Fall Festival shortly before sun set. The festival is held on the parade grounds, same one that the recruiting drive was held. The platform was still there, only the patriotic banners were gone and the military band was replaced with a civilian one with a variety of instruments so as to keep the mood cheerful. On the grounds were tables with various foods, a multitude of games to be played such as horse shoe toss, a crude form of bowling, targets for darts and knife throwing competitions, and a few others. People mostly came to eat, drink, listen to music, and relax with friends though.

The grounds were full of people and the band was already playing a fast tune when Ron and them showed up. Weaving on out of the crowd came Elion, smiling as always, walking over to meet Ron. He came up alongside Ron, planted a hand on his shoulder, and said "So glad you could make it, Ron."

Ron returned the smile Elion bore and with a nod said "Yep, managed to get enough work done to be able to come." Elion released his hand from Ron's shoulder and nealt down to eye level with the children and said to them "Don't think I'm not glad to see you dearies either. In fact, my kids are here, so if it's alright with y'all's father you can all go play." The children look at Ron with puppy dog eyes. Ron gestured towards the crowd and said "Yeah, go ahead and find them. But no rough housing. And you," he pointed a finger at William, "keep an eye on your sister. Make sure she doesn't get hurt or anything."

William nodded in compliance and the children were set free upon the crowd to find Elion's children, with whom they were good friends. Elion stood up straight after the children had left and glanced at Isabell. The lack of her shackles bothered him, namely because people might notice this and think ill of it. Maybe even report it with some collaberated story that would result in Ron landing in hot water. But, Isabell was Ron's property, and therefor was allowed to do as he wished as far as Elion was concerned.

Ron, Isabell, and Elion then melded into the crowd, talking and joking amongst themselves. Ron introduced Isabell to Elion's wife and a few of his other friends, most of whom were quite pleasant in how they acted towards Isabell. The band played different songs to which people danced, while providing background noise and entertainment in general to the rest who talked, played, ate, and even gambled at stands with dice and card games set up. It's all very nice and care free in many respects.

A little over an hour into it all, Ron was with Isabell trying to help her with horse shoe throwing. She was often a little flustered when Ron would wrap his arms around her, his hand on hers, trying to guide her hand in a proper throw. The reason for this was simple, she had never played before. Her rough past kind of made it hard for her to have off time to play many games. He, on the other hand, hardly gave any thought as to how he was holding Isabell and had played the game many a time.

Finally, after a few test throws, Ron released Isabell to let her throw one on her own and she landed a perfect throw. She exclaimed "Whoo! Got it!" before turning around and hugging Ron in gratitude. To her surprise Ron returned the hug, though really thought nothing of it. After all, he was only being nice, right?

Ron left her alone for a moment to play some more while he went to find the children and see how they were doing. Soon enough he found Kate sitting with some other girls playing with dolls and braiding eachother's hair. William was playing a rather aggressive version of tag with some other boys at the edge of the crowd, running amongst the trees and sometimes tagging someone in a fashion more a kin to tackling. He saw no reason to remind his son to play nice, such things are to be expected of young boys.

The band took a short break to eat, get something to drink, and get new music set up. During the restbit, the majority of people sat down to eat while some children simply took a few handfuls of food from the tables and ate as they continued to play. Ron sat in a chair eating off a plate with Isabell sitting next to him doing the same. Her plate had some meats on it, while he enjoyed meat, baked beans, potatoes, and some cake with a rich frosting. Though he did give a small piece of it to Isabell for her to taste it without becoming sick.

The band started back up as everyone finished their meals. This time they mixed it up with some slower songs along with fast paced ones. During one of the slower songs Isabell set her plate down, having finished her meal, and grabbed Ron by the hand saying "C'mon, let's dance." Ron looked at her as if to say "Are you crazy?" She repeated herself and pulled on his hand for him to follow. This time Ron spoke, saying "I ain't one for dancing. If you wanna dance go do so on your own and I'll watch."

"But that's no fun." She protested. "Besides, one or two quick songs is all I ask. Will it kill you to have an innocent dance with a friend?"

"It might"

Isabell eyed him suspiciously, then told him "Quit playing the part of a grumpy loner and come with me."

Ron raised a brow to her and asked "Getting a little demanding ain't we? First night without a spell and you're already trying to do role reversal?"

Isabell released his hand, crossed her arms on her chest, and looked away from him seemingly in anger and said "Fine, don't dance and deny me this one little request on my first night of freedom since my birth." Oh, that worked.

With a groan of annoyance, Ron stood up from his seat and said "C'mon, then. Let's get this over with." Isabell got up uncrossing her arms with a mischivous smile. She grabbed his hand and lead him to the impromptu "dance floor" of the festival.

Amongst other people dancing close together, Ron lead Isabell in a dance to one of the slow songs. At first he enforced a strict arm's length rule, even with one hand on her hip and another holding her's. His main guide to the distance between them was Isabell's other arm, which had a hand on his shoulder. But as the dance went on, he gradually got closer to her until their bodies were almost touching. Secretly, Isabell hoped that he would hold her even closer.

As the song went on, Ron showed a grace with his dancing that Isabell was not expecting at all. Though she herself did not know how to dance, she could tell from the way he lead her that he knew what he was doing. She could not help but block out the people around them, including those staring in disapproval, and only focus on the song and Ron's gentle hands guiding her every move to the rythm of the music. Then her dream world was ripped asunder when the song ended and Ron pulled his hands away, which also served to bring the rest of the world back into focus.

Ron stood there with a blank expression and said flatly "There's your dance. I'm gonnna go off and talk to a few buddies. You can do whatever or come along and listen, I don't really care." He then turned to the side and began weaving through people to find some of his friends. Isabell was left standing there feeling some what foolish and heart broken, her ears drooped in dismay and her eyes watery. Why was she getting so emotional, and why did the dance seem to not mean anything to him? She just did not know what to make of things. Tail between her legs, she went to follow Ron, but instead sat down on a bench and watched other people continue to dance.

Ron came across Elion again, aswell as Wayne and Henry, a yound lad in his late teens who usually works for Elion in the store. They talk about a few things, the weather, their respective occupations, politics such as the war and if the Basitins might stay neutral, and even how Henry had signed up with the army when the recruiter had rolled through. Jokes were made and the discussions mostly light hearted. Ron failed to notice Isabell sulking on her bench.

She sat wondering what was wrong with her. Why was she acting the way she was? Was she still in heat? She could have sworn that she was over that by now. More importantly, she wondered just what was wrong with Ron to make him act as cold and seemingly emotionless as he did. Does he forget that she is a woman who needs attention every once in a while? Was he such a stuck up widower as to neglet her so? Was she not appealing to him in any way? All she knew was that even with all these people around, she never felt more alone.

Thanks for reading and I'd appreciate any feed back. Part 2 will be up soon, and hopefully this time I won't fail to update for a few months.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 9 Part 1 now up

#53 Post by Donnellson86 »

Great to see this story updating again. I can't wait to see where this is leading.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar

#54 Post by kevin »

Thanks for reading Don, glad to see at least you're keeping up with it :grin:
As far as where it leads, just gonna have to wait bud.

kevin
Grand Templar

#55 Post by kevin »

See, I'm updating not long after the last update this time :P

Any who, time for part 2 of this chapter, which I think I did good with, so please enjoy.

Chapter 9 Part 2

With the children something interesting was taking place. Kate was playing with some of her friends when a boy came up and stole the new doll she had gotten back at Elion's store. The bully looked at it and mockingly asked "Enjoying your little doll there girly?" Kate reached to take her doll back, but the boy hoisted it abover her hand's reach saying with the same mocking tone "C'mon, girly, gotta reach for it!" Off to the side his friends laughed and encouraged him. All the while Kate was shouting "Give it back! Gimme my doll back you big jerk!" Her friends tried to reach for it aswell, to no avail.

Just then the boy felt something slam him to the ground. He landed on his side and felt whoever had tackled him now laying on him as to hold him down. The boy looked up to see the face of a young wolf Keidran. The boy struggled, hollering "Get offa me mutt!" But William held the boy in place saying "Give her back the doll first!" At this time the boy's friends rushed over to help.William knew he could not take them all on, but luckily Kate ran off to find Ron or Isabell, so they will be there shortly. Until then, he had to hold them off as best he could.

The two friends lifted William off of the boy and threw him to the ground. Now William was the one held to the ground, but he knew how to get out of the situation. He bit one on the forearm, and with the free arm he had he punched the other in the face. Getting back on his feet, William sees that the third boy, still holding the doll, was also just now getting to his feet. The other two were busy holding their respective injuries.

The boy lunged, which William dodged. He swung at the boy, but missed. It was then that the boy grabbed William's tail and gave it a hard yank. William yelped with a spasm of pain before wretching the boy's hand off. William then shoved the boy to the ground and before he could do anything felt a hand clasp onto his shoulder. He looks up to see the angry face of his father.

Ron's stare bore into William with an intensity that made the lad filled with fear. His ears drooped and his tail hid between his legs. Ron's gaze then full upon the other boys, who it not being their father did not quite feel the same level of fear, though did fear what might happen should Ron tell their parents. Behind Ron came Isabell, now roused from her meloncoly pondering, with Kate half hiding behind her legs. The rest of the festivities continue in ignorance of this small tense moment. Finally, Ron spoke, looking to Kate as he asked "Now darling, which one did you say took your doll?"

Kate quickly pointed towards the boy on the ground whom had been just knocked down by William. Ron looked at the boy, then back at Kate to ask "This one?" pointing a finger at the lad. Kate nodded. Ron returned his gaze to the boy and walked over to him, his angry look still holding firm. When he came to the lad, he told him with some hostility "Get on up, boy." The boy complied, shooting up to his feet and standing erect. His two friends stood close by unwilling, and unable, to move. Ron simply held his hand out and demanded "Fork it over, now."

The boy handed over the doll, being sure to avoid eye contact with Ron. After he had the doll, Ron addressed all of the boys with "Now all of y'all, get!" The boys scurry off as Ron walked back towards William. When he reached William, he suddenly smiled, patted him on the head, and said "Good job looking out for your sis, son. But next time, just get me or Isabell." All of William's fear evaporated and his ears perked up, his tail wagging, a fain smile of pride having crept across his lips. Ron then walked on over to Kate, giving her back her doll. Knealing down, he tells her "There you go, sweetie. Now, go back to playing with your friends."

Kate smiled as she took the doll from her father, then hugged him saying "Thank you, daddy." Ron pats her gently before saying "It's your brother you should be thanking, he showed them not to mess with you before I even got here." She looked over to William, standing with his hands in his pockets. She walked over to her brother and gave him a light hug saying "Thanks big bro." William returned the hug saying "Nothing to it, sis. That's what I'm here for." The children parted, going back to their group of friends to continue to play.

As for Ron and Isabell, they walked away with her marveling at how Ron had handled the situation, knowing that that has to be a mark of a good father. She figured that is part of the reason she felt the way she did about him, his kind and nurturing nature towards his children, even if one was not his and from a completely different species. Part of her wondered that if he could feel this way about William, then perhaps one day he might come to care for her in a way deeper than that of a good friend? Then she rolled her eyes at the realization that her mind had drifted back towards that subject.

A little over an hour later, the festivities begin to die down as people grow tired and head home to get a good night's rest before facing the day to come. The band had a few more songs to play before they too would leave, bringing an effect end to the whole night. Isabell had managed to hold conversations with some of those around her, namely other slaves, though those slaves were there merely as servants rather than invited to join their masters. The children were having fun with what friends of theirs that remained, and Ron just saw the last of his close friends off. While having actually had great fun overall, playing the games and what not, Isabell still felt spurned by the way Ron had acted earlier. Part of her wanted to get home and sleep off the way she was feeling about the whole dancing incident.

She found Ron, who had actually began looking for her, in the ever shrinking crowd. She came up to him and said "Ron, I'm feeling about ready to head home. How about you?"

"Yeah," he replied sounding half tired, "about time to head on home I'd say."

"Before we get the kids and head home, though, there's one thing I wanna do." Isabell begins sounding unsure of herself.

Ron raised an eye brow in curiousity and asked "Oh really? What's that?"

Mustering some courage, Isabell says "I wanna have another dance."

"Another?" Ron inquires with a look of intrigue.

"Yes, another dance." Isabell feels herself getting oddly nervous over the issue. "I know you're not big on dancing and all but-"

"Alright" Ron interrupts.

"Wait, what?" asks Isabell, her nervousness replaced by confusion.

Ron gives a small, rather sly grin before saying "I know how I acted earlier has been bothering you, I could tell by how you had moped about afterwards. Truth be told I used to dance often with Clara, and a part of me actually enjoyed dancing with you. It was the first time I've danced in a long while, but with my friends and all the people around I felt rather strange doing so."

Isabell found herself having gone from confused to almost overjoyed, which was only helped along when he grabbed her hand and, with sincerity in his voice, said "Now that most everybody's gone, let's get a proper dance in." In a reversal of what had happened earlier, he now lead her to the dance floor as the last slow song of the night began to be played.

As they began to dance a similar fashion as before, Isabell was in disbelief as Ron actually held her close to his body as they swayed together to the rythm of the song. He even allowed her to lay her head on his shoulder, where she closed her eyes and relished in being able to breathe in his scent, to feel the skin of his face against the fur of her's. Could this really be happening? Could her dream world from before have returned to her in a much grander form? Has he finally seen her as more than just a friend? These thoughts came into Isabell's head, as did others, but they were all soon pushed out of her mind as she sought to enjoy the moment and to not over think things.

In the midst of the song, Ron says out of no where "I'm sorry, Isabell."

Head still on his shoulder, she opens her eyes and asks "For what?"

In a low, tender voice Ron explains "I'm sorry for the way I've treated you, keeping you away. You've been a really good friend to me, and I thank you for what you've done for me and my kids. I really didn't want to move on for some reason, Clara was so strong in my mind, so I tried to keep you away and keep things professional. That wasn't fair to you, though. I was so afraid of becoming too friendly with you, that I might change in some way, but I've grown past that. I've still got a lot of growing to go, but I'm getting there."

Isabell was speechless. She searched for the words she knew she wanted to say, but could not quite find them. This all seemed too good to be true, she so badly hoped this was not some horrible and elaborate joke. By this point they were no longer dancing, but rather simply swaying back and forth while holding eachother. To Isabell, Ron's arms felt to safe, so warm, so comforting; the only source of genuine care she has experienced since she was sold away from her parents. What is more, even Ron could not help in mentally noting how much he enjoyed holding her in his arms; her small frame being encompassed by his larger one.

The song came to an end, what people that were left clapped in approval, and the band announced the conclusion of the night's entertainment. Isabell took little notice of this, still standing there in Ron's embrace. Ron, on the other hand, took notice and said in an almost appoligetic tone "We need to go get the kids and head home." Isabell tightens her own grip on Ron in protest, to which he simply brushes her back with one of his hands while saying "Come now, don't make this any harder than it has to be." Isabell relluctently conceded, letting go of him and walking beside him as they go after the children.

The children are found also feeling good and tired, having had much fun and ready to return home. Ron, Isabell, and the kids are among the last people to leave for the night. With it being the middle of the night, they largely have to see where they are going by moon light; though thankfully Isabell's sense of smell is strong enough to help properly guide them home as well. Isabell walks close to Ron, at one point holding his hand which, to her joy, he did not protest. So, they walk home under the light of the moon, hand in hand, if not for the children it would be a rather romantic scene. Isabell feels a confidence in not only herself but the future too, a feeling she has never felt in her life; she felt as though she could deal with anything, so long as Ron was still there for her.

Hope you enjoyed, and again feed back is appreciated.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 9 Part 2 now up

#56 Post by anonfox123 »

Nice work. Good read overall right from the start. Still, even though things are all fine and happy with Ron and Isabell right now, I wonder what might happen when those other kids tell their parents they got thrashed by a Keidran, conveniently omitting the detail that they stole the doll, of course.

Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

kevin
Grand Templar

#57 Post by kevin »

So glad you like the read man :grin:
Makes me happy to see people enjoy my work. The next chapter will take a little while to write, but should be up without too much of a wait.

Sneaking_fur
Citizen

#58 Post by Sneaking_fur »

Great story man, I'm really glad you dusted this off :grin: . One thing though; is the switching between past and present tense intentional or accidental? I really can't tell :P .

Again, great work and keep it up!

kevin
Grand Templar

#59 Post by kevin »

Actually, the switching between present and past tense was not intentional. My mind, for some reason, can only come up with a story largely in present tense, while I'm also trying to write in past tense since that's more the standard. As a result, the two often get used together.

But thanks for reading! :grin: Hope I answered your question

kevin
Grand Templar

#60 Post by kevin »

I know what some of you are thinking, and I have no excuse. Between getting lazy and then joining the army, I pretty much left my writing to an early grave. But I'm back now, and fully intend to see this and my other works to be bitter end. In the mean time, I do hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 10

The next morning was cool, thanks to a night time cold snap warning of the coming winter. Isabell was not immune to the cold, waking in the early dawn to the realization that she was freezing, even with her woolen blanket and fur. Grudgingly, she uncovers herself and gets out of bed, looking to warm herself somehow. The hard wood of the floor is cool to her paws, the air seeming to cut through her fur and night clothes, consisting only of a thin tunic and shorts. She thanked the gods the house did not have a draft in it.

Leaving her room she walks down the hallway, her claws making a kind of clacking sound against the floor. She stops at the childrens' door, opening it carefully to see that the kids are still sleeping soundly in their beds, blankets covering them up to their chins. Isabell wondered how they were managing to weather the cold, but shrugged it off before closing the door to allow the children to continue their slumber. Her main concern this morning was the door at the end of the hallway, and what lies beyond its frame.

This door, dispite her care, opened with a creak, oddly enough not seeming to alert Ron, who Isabell noticed as appearing to be cold as well. He lied on his stomach in his big bed, with layers of woolen blankets pulled up to his chin, face buried in the pillow. Isabell did not really know what she was doing here, but thought that she might was well try something. After all, she was freezing, and she had fur, she thought master must most certainly be shivering in his sleep.

Isabell attempted to pull part of the covers back, gingerly pulling and waiting for Ron to react, as he always does, and perhaps for him to even yell for her to stop and return to her room. Instead, she is met with his low snoring. Strange, she thought, as he normally has keen senses for some reason, and now here she is, aiming to enter his bed and is not getting any hint that he is aware of her presence, not even a mumble of protest or shift in body position. Had she really fooled him this time, or was the cold putting him into such a deep sleep that he is now dead to the world?

Now came the hard part, moving into the bed and snuggling close to warm up without waking him. Isabell knew that if she succeeded she would still have to deal with him once he woke, but felt it necessary to aleviate her desire for warmth. Lightly she lays next to him, afraid the brushing of her fur against Ron's skin might awake him and foil her plan, yet this does not prove to be the case. Almost there, now to carefully replace the covers and settle in to return to her own slumber interrupted by the damndable cold. Much to her surprise, she accomplishes those very tasks.

Isabell sighed with relief, both at her success and at the warmth she was already feeling in Ron's bed. Part of her longed that Ron might hold her, to spoon her tenderly as she slept, all warm and safe in his arms. Instead, she settled for this, for now. She hoped that the other might came later, with due time and patience. Her eyes grew heavy as she snuggled close to Ron, becoming quite comfortable in his big bed. With little time, they closed and Isabell fell into a deep sleep, not fearing what might come when she awoke once more.

A banging at the door ripped both Ron and Isabell from their joint slumber. She shot straight up in the bed while Ron lifts his head from the pillow, first giving Isabell a questioning look before more banging leads him to leave the bed abruptly, grabbing a robe to throw on over his night shirt and pants. Isabell considers what to do before following him out the door, aiming to see what the matter is alongside her master. As she came to the hallway the children were leaning their heads out of their door, looking towards the parlor with the front door. Isabell tells them to get back in their room and close the door, their father is tending to the matter.

Once the children oblige Isabell continues down the hallway and was soon in the parlor. She sees Ron at the door, holding it open talking to someone. He looks at her and genstures for her to go back. For a moment she thinks to protest this, but his face told of stubbornness and so she relinted, heading out of the parlor but waiting at the hallway. Ron returns his attention to angry Elijah.

"You were saying, Eli" Ron urged.

"I was saying that you need to work harder at keeping that boy of your's in line, Ron" Elijah snapped.

"I take it you're talking about last night?" Ron inquired, refering to last night's incident between William and Elijah's son, Franco.

"Not just last night, Ron. You know as well as I do what happens when a slave is allowed to become unruley. First it's attacking some human kids, then it might be him forgetting his place in society and thinking he can do more than he has right to do."

"Hold on, attacking some human kids?" Ron asked critically. "I don't think it was attacking when your boy and his friends were terrorizing my daughter. He just stepped in to help his sister and stop a bully."

Elijah presses his lips in disdain. "Franco conveniently left that out, but my point remains the same."

"Just leave my property, Eli" Ron goes to close the door, stopped by Elijah's hand.

Elijah leans his face in closer warning "Heed my words, Ron. Your boy may have been in the right last night, but it will encourage his behavior. A behavior which might earn him the wrath certain other members of society."

"Thank you for stopping by, Eli. Now please, go back home" Ron ends the conversation and manages to close the door this time around.

Ron sighs turning from you door, thinking for a moment. He walks back to the hallway to find Isabell standing there, a curious look on her face, largely wondering what Ron meant to do. He gives her a look of aggrivation before stepping past her and proceeding down the hall to the children's room to explain what had happened at the door. Isabell's ears drop thinking Ron might be mad from when he woke to find her snuggling close to him. How might he react to this? she wondered.

Moments later Ron emerged from the childrens' room. Isabell thought to be preemptive and told him "I'm sorry."

"About what?" Ron asked, the aggrivated look still on his face.

"For this morning, when I snuck into your bed. I didn't really mean to-"

"Stop" interrupted Ron. Isabell held her breath in anticipation. "Just leave it be and let's move on. I don't care to discuss it right now."

Ron then proceeded to his room in order to get dressed for the day before helping start breakfast. Isabell did not know what do make of the situation. She simply acted like today was any other day. Helped Ron cook, entertained the children, and enjoyed the warmth of the fire Ron started in the fire place. She dredded the coming winter and the freezing temperatures that come with it.

Boris, the leopard servant to the head Templar for the local lodge, once again brings an agent of his master into the library. The head Templar is again lounging in a reading chair, enjoying another book, wearing a casual robe. Boris speaks up, stating "Here is a mister Sean wanting to speak with you, master."

The Templar looks over to them, smiles before closing his book, and rises from the chair telling Boris "Thank you, you're excused"

Boris bows respectfully before exiting the room, closing the door behind him. Sean is in everyday dress, simple pants, coat, and low boots, his wide brimmed wool hat in hand. The Templar walks over to Sean asking "What do you have for me this time?"

"Well, sir, it's about that book keeper you were having me watch" Sean stated, sounding slightly confused and seemingly anxious.

"Oh really? Spy something unusual at the festival last night?" inquired the Templar, intrigued.

"Yes sir. Everything seemed ordinary, 'sides that one pup he claims as his boy, but then two things happened that seemed outta sorts."

The Templar rolled his eyes demanding "Get to the point, man"

"So sorry sir" yelped Sean, his apparent anxiety growing. "First off, the pup got in a fight with a few boys and that Ron fella scolded the boys and praised the mutt. Then, he and that fox went to dancing like it was a normal thing to do."

"Anything else, Sean?"

Sean thought for a moment before snapping his fingers and adding "Oh, right! He didn't seem to approve of the recruiting for the army that happened yesterday either. Couldn't hear what he was saying but the look on his face seemed to suggest he didn't like it at all."

Sean waited for a reaction from the Templar, who just pressed his lips in thought before smiling again saying "Thank you for that, Sean. Go right out and Boris will give you your pay for your services. Good day."

Sean seemed relieved as he exited the room, placing his hat back on his head. The Templar returned to his chair, opening his book, and resumed reading. A few minutes later, Boris returned, asking "Anything else you require, master?"

"Yes," the Templar began, eyes still on his book, "I think you should send for the other members, there are matters to attend to."

Boris replied "Yes, master" before bowing respectfully and exiting the room. The Templar read his book, smiling.

Back at the Davis home, class was just starting, with Ron as teacher. Given that the kids would be in doors a lot to stay warm, it was time to start schooling for them. Thanks to Keidran biology, even though William was a few years younger than Kate, he was still old enough for it to be appropriate for him to start his education as well. Ron sat on the sofa, a small chalk board, chalk, and eraser with him, while the children, and Isabell, sat crossed legged on the floor, each with a pencil and small note pad.

Today's lesson, the alphabet. Ron wrote each letter, one by one, on the chalk board, waiting for the children and Isabell to write it down before erasing and moving on to the next letter. Once all the letters were written down, with Ron having told them what the letters were and their pronounciation, they were told to write the letters multiple times, and once finished were to then orally recite the letters.

Oddly enough, Isabell seemed to be struggling more than the children, often asking for Ron to repeat himself and taking the longest time to write each letter. In fact, Ron had to first teach her how to even hold a pencil; but Ron was being patient, as he should be, given Isabell's back ground. After about an hour of going over capital and lower case letters, Ron helped each of them spell their own names, then had them practice by copying it multiple times. Each of them, particularly Isabell, were fascinated by seeing their own names written down, and then writing it themselves.

All in all, class lasted only a few hours, ending when it was time to make lunch. Ron gave each of them home work in the form of writing the letters and their names multiple times by dinner before dismissing the class. Once dismissed, the children ran off to their room to play before being called to lunch, while Isabell simply rose to her feet. Ron too stood after cleaning off the slate and gathering his materials before being caught off guard by a big, tight hug from Isabell.

"What's this for?" he inquired, confused.

"For keeping your word" answered Isabell, seemingly full of emotion.

Ron grinned to himself before patting Isabell on the back and said "No problem, was doing it for the kids so it's no big deal if you joined too."

"Well it means a lot, really" replied Isabell as she released Ron from her hug.

Ron, still grinning, tells her "Anything for a friend" before walking off to put away his teaching materials. Isabell for a moment stood still in the parlor, eyes staring at the floor with a wide smile on her face. "A friend" she thought, "I've got a real friend". Lifting her eyes, Isabell fights back a tear as she heads to her room to put away her pencil and notes before she had to start lunch. Placing the pencil and pad down on her little table, she looks up into the mirror at herself, noting the wide smile, collarless neck, and real clothes, not cheap slave clothes, but real ones that she was wearing, a small tear formed in her eye.

Thanks for reading, those of you who did. I'll do my best not to drop off for 2 years at a time. Let me know what you think please and thank you.