The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 1 now up

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 5 now up

#31 Post by Jay-Say »

Well done, another great chapter. The only thing I ask is are you going for any type of accent with your character?

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by Kaptain »

This... Can't be good. The drama builds!!! I do hope they can work this out peacefully. If another fox girl dies, I'm gonna have to get nine kinds of medieval on this story and TwoKinds.

(I HATE saying "great chapter", "awesome chapter, bro!", or "dude! that was great!" when you know I liked it. I'm reading it right? Don't get offended when I don't throw in an ego stroking comment. My presence does that for me ;))
-¤- "The Art of War" -¤- written by Thallium. Feeling unfulfilled? That's because you haven't read this story yet.
Come play League of Legends with me! Username: Admiral Sparkle

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#33 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

*reads "local chapter of the Templars"* Oh, so does this story take place in the same world as Two Kinds? Great update by the way.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#34 Post by kevin »

Jay-Say wrote:Well done, another great chapter. The only thing I ask is are you going for any type of accent with your character?
Yes I am. I figured since most of the characters are supposed to be small town country folk, therefore I'm trying to aim for a country style accent with them.
Kaptain wrote:This... Can't be good. The drama builds!!! I do hope they can work this out peacefully. If another fox girl dies, I'm gonna have to get nine kinds of medieval on this story and TwoKinds.

(I HATE saying "great chapter", "awesome chapter, bro!", or "dude! that was great!" when you know I liked it. I'm reading it right? Don't get offended when I don't throw in an ego stroking comment. My presence does that for me ;))
Here's hoping things don't blow up :wink:
And don't worry, just knowing someone is reading it is enough for me :grin:
2plus2makes5 wrote:*reads "local chapter of the Templars"* Oh, so does this story take place in the same world as Two Kinds? Great update by the way.
I thought it was rather obvious in the first chapter that this is a TwoKinds fan fic. If it wasn't, then my bad.

And thanks to all you for reading. Next update comes this weekend. Any other questions or comments, feel free to post.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

kevin
Grand Templar

#35 Post by kevin »

*dusts thread off* Sorry for not having updated in so long y'all, for the last few weekends I've either been outta town, too busy to be able to write the next chapter, or couldn't get online. But most of the next chapter is written and so I will update this week at some point.
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by Kaptain »

kevin wrote:*dusts thread off* Sorry for not having updated in so long y'all, for the last few weekends I've either been outta town, too busy to be able to write the next chapter, or couldn't get online. But most of the next chapter is written and so I will update this week at some point.
¤Silently clasps hands together and rests chin upon them¤

¤Stares for quite a long time¤

Ee-yup.
-¤- "The Art of War" -¤- written by Thallium. Feeling unfulfilled? That's because you haven't read this story yet.

kevin
Grand Templar

#37 Post by kevin »

Here's that update I promised. Again, I'm sorry for the wait. But I finally managed to get the entire chapter finished.

Chapter 6

The same night that Wayne was making up his mind, Ron was relaxing with a book while sitting in a cushioned chair in his study. Isabell opens the door to lean her head in and says "I'm finished with my work, mister Davis"
"Good, good. You can relax however you wish for the rest of the evening"
"Thank you, sir"

Isabell goes to leave, but she looks at the book Ron is reading, noticing the gold stamping on the spine and cover. She walks over and looks at it up close. Ron eyes her curiously and says "You know, the inside of the book is a much better read than the cover." Isabell looks up from the cover and replies "I'm not reading it. I can't read. Remember, I'm a slave?"
"Oh, yes of course"
"What does it say though?"
"Oh, um, it's a boring history book, you wouldn't like it"
"But what's its name though?"
"Um, it reads 'Exploring the Northern Plains'"
"Oh, you're right, it does sound boring"

Ron was lying about the title of the book. It actually read "Fighting Keidran in the Great War", but he thought he should not let Isabell know. Isabell then goes to Ron's book shelf to see if she could find a book with pictures for her to look at, no luck. She then says "Damn, nothing for me to look at. So much for looking at a picture book to pass the time"
"How about I teach you to read instead?"
"What?" asks Isabell slightly shocked.
"It's a simple question. Would you like me to teach you how to read? I'm supposed to start teaching the kids soon anyways, so I could teach you along with them"
"Yes, I'd love to learn. But ain't it illegal?"
"Meh, it's only illegal if you get caught" Ron then chuckles a bit.

Isabell is still a bit stunned. But after the thought fully sinks in, she smiles wide with happiness, even going to Ron and giving him a big hug saying "Thank you thank you thank you!"
"You're welcome. Now let go" says Ron with a blushing face.

Isabell does so, though still smiling. She tells him "Sorry, I don't normally get so emotional. But today I've been feeling a little odd, and you really made me happy"
"Yes well, perhaps you should sleep it off if you're feeling odd. I know I'm close to heading to bed myself"
"Oh, okay then. I do feel a little tired and light headed anyways"

Ron and Isabell then head off to their rooms. For Ron, he takes his clothes off and slips on a pair of sleeping pants. He lays down and covers up, feeling a lot of relief at being able to lay down. About an hour after having fallen asleep, Ron turns over in his bed. As soon as he does, his face feels something breathing on it. He opens his eyes slightly to see someone in his bed. His eyes shoot wide open and he sees that it is Isabell, smiling with an unusual look on her face.

"What the hell are you doing in here?!" asks Ron in a low voice so as to not wake the children. Isabell looks at him slighly and replies "Oh, I don't know. I went to bed feeling funny. Then I suddenly woke up feeling a lot better. Then I came in here and curled up next to you. But since you're awake, I guess we can do something more than sleeping"
"Um, I-I, uh" mutters a red faced Ron as he slides away from her, causing him to fall out of bed. Isabell looks over the side of the bed at him on the floor and says "Playing hard to get huh?"
"No, I'm not playing at all. Just trying to get away." Ron then gets up and sees that Isabell had pulled the covers off of herself and revealed herself to be completely naked. His eyes go wide and he asks nervously "Wh-what are you doing?"
"Sending some very strong hints mainly. Partly wondering why you just don't come back to bed"
"OH DAMN" says Ron in a low voice as he realized what must be wrong with Isabell.

Isabell then gestures for Ron to lay down next to her, but he simply shakes his head side to side. Frustrated, Isabell rolls to where her head is at the foot of the bed, laying on her stomach, with her feet swinging in the air with her head on her hands, all to try and lure Ron back to bed. Ron's face grows even more bright red as he looks away to show his disinterest. Fed up, Isabell gets off the bed, walks over to Ron, and attempts to look innocent as she says "Please come back to bed. I don't wanna sleep all by my lonesome."
"No, that's not gonna happen"
"Are you sure?" asks Isabell as she leans in to make her breasts press against Ron's chest. Smiling slighly, she adds "You really sure about that?"
Ron grabs Isabell by the shoulders before saying "Yes, I am" and forcing her to sit down on the foot of the bed. "Now listen here Isabell, I know what's happening to you. You'll hate what I'm about to do, but you'll thank me later"
"Oh really? What exactly are you about to do?"
"This"

Ron then grabs Isabell and pushes her into a small walk in closet he has in his room. He slams the door shut and uses a walking cane to hold the door shut by jamming it against the door knob. Isabell begins to slam on the door shouting "Open this damned door now! You're not locking me up in here!"
"I think I am actually. Now you cool down a bit in there, we'll try to talk things out in the morning if you're not all hormonal then"
"Screw that! I want outta here NOW!"
"Please keep quiet, I don't want you waking the youngins. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to bed. Sleep tight and good night"
"Kiss my furry butt!"
"No thanks, I'd rather not" says a now grinning Ron who then goes back to bed while Isabell continues to slam on the closet door. Eventually, she tires and stops. Ron sighs when she stops and rolls over to go to sleep.

The next morning, as birds sing outside in the easy light of the foggy dawn, Ron lies sleeping soundly in bed. There is a loud knock at the front door, shooting Ron's eyes open at the sudden disturbance. He looks over to see the closet door still braced shut. He pulls himself out of bed and puts on a shirt before going to answer the door. The loud knocking continues as Ron nears the door saying "Alright, alright, I'm comming already." He opens the door to see Wayne standing there with a determined look on his face. He walks into the house and says to Ron "We gotta talk"
"About what? Couldn't this have waited 'till later?"
"No, it couldn't have waited. At least I didn't think it could've"
"Well what's the matter then?"
"I've heard rumors about you and that slave, so I'm here to see what's what and possibly knock some sense into you"
"Oh gods, this can't be good"

I hope this was a good chapter for you the reader. Feed back is both appreciated and important to know what kind of improvements I need to undertake.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Donnellson86 »

kevin wrote:"OH DAMN" says Ron in a low voice as he realized what must be wrong with Isabell.
My thoughts exactly. I literally laughed at that comment. Great work, Kevin. I just hope that Wayne hasn't done anything rash...I doubt he could leave well enough alone, though.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

kevin
Grand Templar

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 6 now up

#39 Post by kevin »

Why thank you Don. And only the next chapter will show if Wayne did anything :wink:

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by Kaptain »

Oh my. This wasn't expected (so soon). But I suppose an estrus chapter had to happen sooner or later.

Yay.

kevin
Grand Templar

#41 Post by kevin »

Yeah, was bound to happen :grin:
I'm rather happy with it though

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by Kaptain »

Parasprites. Anybody have a tuba? I'll grab a harmonica and some cymbals.

kevin
Grand Templar

#43 Post by kevin »

Kaptain wrote:Parasprites. Anybody have a tuba? I'll grab a harmonica and some cymbals.
Okay then, interesting.
Now then, I know it's been a while, but who doesn't get busy? An update should be ready soon.

Darkfur
Master

#44 Post by Darkfur »

kevin wrote:
Kaptain wrote:Parasprites. Anybody have a tuba? I'll grab a harmonica and some cymbals.
Okay then, interesting.
Now then, I know it's been a while, but who doesn't get busy? An update should be ready soon.
oh joy, I'll prepare my tuba
Lurk moar.

kevin
Grand Templar

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 7 now up

#45 Post by kevin »

Well here's the new chapter. Hope it's a good little read for y'all.

Chapter 7

"Depends on how bad you make it" says Wayne as he walks to about the center of the parlor. Ron closes the front door and walks over to the sofa facing Wayne. He sits down on the sofa rubbing his eyes in an attempt to wake up fully before asking "Now just what the hell have you heard?"
"According to old man Harper, you were seen being a little more than friendly with that slave of yours at the bath house a few days ago"
"First off, you're gonna be taking the word of old man Harper? That senile old man?"
"Shut up, got enough of that from Susan last night"
"That all you got?" inquired Ron with a sarcastic smile. Wayne closed his eyes, cracked his neck a bit, and said "Don't change the subject. Besides, you're supposed to be the older brother, so stop with the childish jokes"
"Hey man, this is me early in the morning when woken up by someone else, should change as I fully wake up."
"Good. Now then, explain yourself. Just what happened at the bath house?"

Ron leaned back against the sofa and told Wayne "Look little brother, nothing happened. She had to use the same bath as me due to her not being allowed in the other baths. She was doing a lot of joking and what not about the whole thing, so what you've heard has probably been an exaggerated version of her simply messing with me. That answer your question?"
"Sorta. I'm still pretty skeptical of both what I was told and of you. I know of your former connections, and of your sympathies, so something like this wouldn't be outta the question for you. You're lucky nobody else found out, but this rumor could cause an inquiry from the Templars, and from there it'd all be down hill for you"

Ron gets up from the sofa, the sarcastic smile now completely gone from his face. He looks Wayne in the eyes with a deadly serious expression and tells him "Look, I know fully well what dangers are involved. No one in town should take old man Harper seriously, and even if they do, a master fooling around with his slave isn't exactly uncommon. Besides, most people in this town know me as the kinda guy who'd never do such a thing, so just calm down"
"Fine. But you need to be more careful is all that I ask of you"
"I'll be fine, I always am. Now please, leave this subject. You're welcome to stay or go home, but I'm starting my day since you felt it so urgent to wake me"
"Nah, I got a full day ahead of me back home. Gotta finish cutting up that old tree for fire wood. Guess I'll see you around." Wayne then walks over towards the door, opening it about half way before turning back to Ron saying "Just bear in mind what I said"
"I'll be fine. Now, good day." With that, Wayne left. Ron rubbed his eyes once more, but this time out of frustration rather than of being tired. It then occurs to him that he should check on Isabell. He walks back to his room and removes the cane holding the door shut. Opening the door, he sees Isabell sleeping soundly on the floor. She had made a bed out of Ron's shirts and pants, while using a large double breasted winter frock coat as a blanket. Ron rolled his eyes at the thought of his brand new coat being used as a blanket, though he could not help in also thinking that the medium blue wool and the shiney brass buttons seemed to compliment the colors of Isabell's fur. He picked her up and carried her to her room. Placing her on the bed, he covers her up with the blankets and leaves the room.

While walking to his room in order to clean up and prepare for the day, he comes to the room of his children. Ron feels the need to check on them, simply to see how soundly they are sleeping. He opens the door slowly and sees that Kate, in her bed at the left hand side of the room, is sleeping with her covers half off and her teddy bear on the floor, while William is curled up under his covers, revealing only his head. Through the window between the beds, Ron can see the dawn's light creeping into the room, filling it with a soft, gentle light. Ron grins a bit as he walks over to Kate, pulling the covers up to her neck, picking up the teddy bear and placing it under the covers on her right side. He then kisses both of them on the forehead before leaving and closing the door behind him. He then heads to his room to start the day.

Meanwhile, Wayne turns back and looks at Ron's house before continuing on down the pathway leading towards the road. At the fork where the road meets the pathway, Wayne feels an omonious presence. He looks about him, eying every bush and tree for any hint as to the what could be giving him a chill down his spine. Spying nothing, he continues on his way heading up the road back to his house. When he is out of sight, a figure in a dark hooded cloak stepped from behind a tree and headed down the road back in the direction of town.

Feed back is much appreciated as usual. I myself rather liked how this chapter came out.