The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 1 now up

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 3 now up

#16 Post by kevin »

Why thank you Kaptain :grin:
I am happy to say that the next chapter won't be all dialogue and should be a good bit better than this one, so stick around.
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Donnellson86 »

Well, since I read "Modern Mekkan" I will keep reading this one, too. Great work, Kevin. I look forward to more.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Alleycat
Templar Master

#18 Post by Alleycat »

Definitely my favorite chapter, especially since now I can really get into it. Keep up the good work man :-D
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

kevin
Grand Templar

#19 Post by kevin »

Donnellson86 wrote:Well, since I read "Modern Mekkan" I will keep reading this one, too. Great work, Kevin. I look forward to more.
Truth be told, Modern Mekkan wasn't written very well at all. It was good practice though. And thank you Don, I plan on updating it this weekend.
Alleycat wrote:Definitely my favorite chapter, especially since now I can really get into it. Keep up the good work man :-D
I guess this chapter did accomplish it's goal afterall
And as I said above, update coming this weekend, so y'all can get more to read then.
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

kevin
Grand Templar

#20 Post by kevin »

Well, here's the next chapter, and I'm rather happy with how it came out. As I said before, this one is a little less serious and is intended to be a bit more comical than the past few chapters have been.

Chapter 4

For the next month, each day seemed to have the same routine about it. Ron would wake up a little before dawn to get himself ready for the day ahead. He would then wake Isabell up so she could prepare breakfast for the kids. The kids would wake up about mid morning and spend much of the day doing chores and playing outside while Ron worked in his study and Isabell kept the house in shape. It would be like that all day, except for lunch and dinner being eaten, until it was time for bed.

The routine was broken when William and Kate went to hang out at their aunt and uncle's for a couple days, partly to play with their cousin and partly so Ron can have a little more time to work in his study. But after having the kids gone for one day, Ron was able to finish up the work he was needing to get done. With another day to spend before the kids would return, Ron decided to spend it relaxing. It occured to him that he needed a bath, both to get clean and as a way to relax, so he figured he would go to the baths in town. And to be nice, he figured he would bring Isabell so she could get clean too.

After walking to town and weaving through the streets, Isabell and Ron reached the baths. An average bath house, nothing fancy, but it had heated water and private baths, so it was good enough. When Ron went to the manager to pay for a private bath for himself and to pay for Isabell to bathe aswell, the manager looked at him funny and ask "Why'd you bring the flea bag?"
"Cause she deserves to be able to feel clean once in a while"
"Pffft, she could just wash up in a river with a bar of soap for all I care"
"Well I'm a paying customer and I don't care to hear what you care about"

The manager just scowled as he took Ron's money and gave him a set of towls before showing him to his private bath. Meanwhile, Isabell was given towls and lead to the women's baths. As Ron undressed, he imagened how nice the hot water of the bath would feel after the work he had been doing. He leaned back into the water, layed his head back, and right as he went to close his eyes to relax, someone started banging hard against the door to his bath. Ron shot up in his bath surprised and angry when the banging gave way to a man shouting "Hey! Open up!"
"Why?! Who the hell's wanting in so bad?!"
"It's the manager, now open up!"

Ron grumbled to himself as he got out of his bath, wrapped a towl around himself, and unlocked the door. He opened it to see the manager holding Isabell by the collar around her neck. The manager shoves Isabell into the room past Ron and says to Ron "Here, let her bathe with you"
"Hold on! Why the hell did you put her in here?"
"Cause, the women wouldn't let her in, said they wouldn't bathe around an animal, and she's not allowed in the men's baths. So since she's your's, she can bathe with you"
"What?!"

The manager leaves promptly refusing to continue the arguement any further. Ron sighs as he closes to door and locks it again. He looks to Isabell, still wearing her meager shirt and pants, and thinks of how he is going to work this out. Finally he tells her "Well, guess we're stuck bathing together"
"Fine. Besides, I could use someone to help me wash my back"
"Do what?"

Right as Ron asks, Isabell takes her shirt off and proceeds to take her pants off. Ron swiftly turns around as he covers his eyes so as not to see her naked. After taking her pants off, Isabell asks Ron "What's the matter?"
"Uhm, it's just that, you know, I'm trying to avoid seeing you, you know, naked"
"Why?"
"Well, uh, let's just leave it as I'm a shy guy and I wanna give you your privacy and all that"
"Well, that's surprising. But you don't have to. For one thing, you own me, you can look if you want. And for another, I'm covered in fur, so technically I'm not naked"
"Uh, yeah, I'mma just stand here and wait for you to finish. Then you can head out and wait for me"

Isabell walks to Ron and turns him around by his shoulder. He still has his eyes covered. She lifts one hand to expose his right eye. She looks into his eye and asks "Are you really that shy?"
"Yes" replies Ron as he snaps his hand back over his eye. Isabell pries Ron's hands from over his eyes and says to him "Look, don't make a big deal outta this. If you just roll with it, it'll all be over sooner"

Ron nods, being sure to keep his eyes looking every which way but at Isabell. Isabell goes and sits down in the bath, chest facing away from Ron. She turns her head towards him and asks "You gonna get in or not?"
"Uh, yeah, just, just don't look. I'd really prefer if I don't have you looking at me naked"
"Ugh, fine, I won't look"

Ron takes his towl off as he gets into the water behind Isabell. He grabs the soap and a brush and set to work washing her back like she had asked. As he scrubbed, he tried to start a conversation, asking "So, I told you about my past. What's your past like?"
"What's there to tell? My parents were captured by a slave raiding party soon after they were married. I was born into slavery as a result. After being with my parents under the same owner, I was sold away at age three and haven't seen them since. From then on, I was sold different owners, working as a maid mostly, though I was used as a field hand for a time by a farmer. The last guy before you bought me was a weirdo who used me as a model for paintings. I was glad when he bought a new girl and sold me"
"Oh, damn, sorry to hear that" Ron actually did feel sorry for Isabell. Her life sounds like it was way harder and rougher than he ever thought his was.
"Meh, that's life" replies Isabell with a tone that made her sound as though her hard life does not bother her. Though it did bother her, it killed her that she had never experienced freedom, and she felt that she never would.
"Well, how am I as an owner?"
"Hmm?"
"Well, I'd like to know what you think of me. I'd really like to know if I could help you out and make things a little easier for you"
"Oh, okay. Well, you're alright. You certainly treat me better than any of my previous owners"
"Oh well that's good"

Ron dumps a bucket of water on Isabell's back to get the soap off and sees that he managed to get all the dirt out. But he only did the top part of her back, and Isabell asked "Why not do the bottom half?"
"Cause that's further down than I'm willing to go"

Isabell turns around to look at Ron and tells him "Look, you might aswell get over that or you'll make this worse than it already is"
"Okay"

Isabell turns back around and Ron sets to work washing the rest of her back. She then decides to mess with him telling him "Go a little lower." Ron does so asking "This good?"
"Lower"
"Here?"
"Lower"
Ron glares at her and she looks at him grinning as he goes "I'm not falling for that one"

Isabell chuckles to herself as Ron finishes up with scrubbing her back. Once he finishes, Ron decides to take Isabell's shackles off so he can wash herself easier. He grabs the set of keys from his pants sitting next to the bath and undoes the shackles, which seemed to confuse Isabell since she was so used to wearing them all the time, even to bathe. The two of them then face away from eachother to finish washing themselves. At one point Isabell has to help Ron wash his back, much to his embaressment.

Once they finish bathing, they dry and dress themselves, Isabell's shackles are put back on, and they go to leave the bath house. As they exit, Isabell continues to mess with Ron asking him with a big grin "Was it as fun for you as it was for me?"
"Oh gods" says Ron under his breath as they leave. Oddly enough they had passed the manager right as Isabell asked that question, causing the man to give them a very confused look as they leave. The manager just shakes his head and says to himself "I need a different job, I'm tired of all the weirdos I have to deal with"

Back at the house, Isabell still finds a lot of humor at the level of shyness Ron seems to have. She keeps on prodding him with jokes about it, causing him a good deal of frustration. But eventually she stopped and apolagized for giving him such a hard time, and even thanking him for letting her get clean. It was the first bath she has had in a long time. She tells him "I meant what I said, about you being the best master I've had"
"Thanks, I guess. Thanks for not giving me a hard time about how I acted at the baths"
"It's okay, it was worth it"
"How?"
"I got help in getting clean, I had a nice bath, and I saw how cute your butt was"
"Do what?!"

Isabell runs off laughing to her room leaving Ron with his face bright red from blushing and hiding his face in his hand. Isabell was just kidding with him, and he knew it, at least she was mostly kidding. It was certainly a very interesting day for them both.

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, and as always I'd like to hear back from you the reader and know what you like about it and what you think I could do to get better. Thank you.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: The Adoptive Father: Chapter 4 now up

#21 Post by tony1695 »

LOL Eric reference!
Nice. Sharing a bath can only lead to one thing, though, even if it takes time to get there...
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Jay-Say
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#22 Post by Jay-Say »

I must say, nicely writen kevin. Kept me chuckling the entire time. |D

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#23 Post by Kaptain »

Bwahahahahahaha!!! Wasn't expecting an Eric reference. And Isabell is too funny. She sounds like my kind of girl :3

Lol... Was it as good for you... I laughed so hard at that.

I picture Isabell's laughter like Flora's in the early panels of the comic after Trace trips. You know, the "Mrrahaha" purr + laugh thing. But that's a little too feline. Any input on how she laughs, Kevin? May seem strange to ask, but I prefer to keep feline sounds with felines, and I don't have any prior experiences with anthro canine laughter :/
-¤- "The Art of War" -¤- written by Thallium. Feeling unfulfilled? That's because you haven't read this story yet.
Come play League of Legends with me! Username: Admiral Sparkle

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#24 Post by tony1695 »

Kaptain wrote:anthro canine laughter
Forgive me for this...
A barking laugh, perhaps?
Gentlementlemen

Kaptain
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Kaptain »

tony1695 wrote:
Forgive me for this...
Tried that. Didn't seem to fit. That's why I resorted to asking the author himself. But I can see why you had to say that. I've been a smartass long enough to know just how derp my question was.

Edit: What the [censored] are all these GODDAMN MOTHER [censored] PONIES for?! They're [censored] everywhere!

Edit 2: Forgive my language please, but it seemed like the best way to type my true feelings. And the last f bomb is being used as an adjective, not a verb. Oh please don't let it be a verb...
-¤- "The Art of War" -¤- written by Thallium. Feeling unfulfilled? That's because you haven't read this story yet.
Come play League of Legends with me! Username: Admiral Sparkle

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#26 Post by tony1695 »

Kaptain wrote:
tony1695 wrote:
Forgive me for this...
Tried that. Didn't seem to fit. That's why I resorted to asking the author himself. But I can see why you had to say that. I've been a smartass long enough to know just how derp my question was.
Well, I couldn't resist. I love a good pun.
Kaptain wrote:Edit: What the [censored] are all these GODDAMN MOTHER [censored] PONIES for?! They're [censored] everywhere!

Edit 2: Forgive my language please, but it seemed like the best way to type my true feelings. And the last f bomb is being used as an adjective, not a verb. Oh please don't let it be a verb...
Oh YES let it be a verb! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!
Gentlementlemen

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Donnellson86 »

Great chapter, Kevin. I look forward to more.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Alleycat
Templar Master

#28 Post by Alleycat »

Isabell definitely made an attitude 360 X-D
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

kevin
Grand Templar

#29 Post by kevin »

tony1695 wrote:LOL Eric reference!
Nice. Sharing a bath can only lead to one thing, though, even if it takes time to get there...

I was hoping people would notice that
And yes, we all know what a bath leads to in the world of 2K
Jay-Say wrote:I must say, nicely writen kevin. Kept me chuckling the entire time. |D
That was the aim
Kaptain wrote:Bwahahahahahaha!!! Wasn't expecting an Eric reference. And Isabell is too funny. She sounds like my kind of girl :3

Lol... Was it as good for you... I laughed so hard at that.

I picture Isabell's laughter like Flora's in the early panels of the comic after Trace trips. You know, the "Mrrahaha" purr + laugh thing. But that's a little too feline. Any input on how she laughs, Kevin? May seem strange to ask, but I prefer to keep feline sounds with felines, and I don't have any prior experiences with anthro canine laughter :/
I myself imagened a Flora-ish laugh while still avoiding being feline sounding. I myself can't really describe it so that's why I wrote it in a way to where your mind can imagen it the way you wish.

And thanks to all y'all for reading :grin:

kevin
Grand Templar

#30 Post by kevin »

Here comes chapter five, and this one being a good deal different from the past four. It's not as long as I thought it woulda been, but I'm still happy with it.

Chapter 5
The day after the incident of sorts at the bath house, the kids came back from playing at their aunt and uncle's. When the kids asked if anything happened while they were gone, Ron and Isabell just say that nothing much went on. Neither one of them thought the kids should know about them having bathed together. The kids believed this story and went on to tell of the fun they had with their cousin.

Meanwhile, about a mile down the road from Ron's house, Wayne sat in a chair on his front porch, watching the sun set, lost in thought. Arms crossed, body stiff, eyes looking sternly at the tree covered horizen before him, accented with the flowing orange and red colors of the sun as it sinks below the woodline. Why so lost in thought you may ask? Simple, he had heard of what had happened to Ron and Isabell at the bath house. Actually, what he heard by the time the story had gotten around to him was a long, grossly exaggerated rumor.

To make a long, midly graphic rumor short, Wayne is now under the impression that what had happened between Ron and Isabell was a sinful union of man and beast, or at least that is how Wayne saw it. The very idea of his own brother with a Keidran made him furious. It must be very clear now that Wayne has a great distaste for Keidran, which is somewhat perplexing considering that his "nephew" is a member of that very race. The reasoning behind this is simple in some ways, complex in others.

His hatred for Keidran can be chalked up to the long time racism in his family, particularly from his father and grandfather, along with what he has always been tought in school. In fact, the only real reason Ron is the way he is can be credited to the fact that he had an open mind, as did many of his friends, so he was able to avoid being brainwashed as Wayne and others had been. Wayne had originally hated William simply because Ron had bought him to raise rather than use. But as time went on, Wayne came to see how happy William made Ron, and from there he came to see William as a member of the family. Then again, raising a Keidran was a way different situation than laying with one.

So, Wayne is thinking long and hard as to what he should do about the current situation, even if it is one that he truely knows nothing about. His wife Susan opens the door to the porch and asks "Still stuck on what old man Harper told you, huh?"
"Yep, sure am"
"Honey, let it go. I'm sure your brother ain't layed up with that slave of his. You really gonna trust what Harper told you? A man who's old as dirt and been told by doctors that his mind is slipping?"
"Hmph, I'd still like to make sure there ain't nothing going on"

Susan closed the door as she walked out onto the porch and, while placing her hands on Wayne's shoulders, tells him "C'mon babe, leave him be. Yeah, I don't like it either, if it's true that is, but it's his life. Let him run it his way"
"I'd sooner rot in a grave than let Ron ruin his life with one of them walking rugs"
"Now Wayne, don't be doing nothing stupid. I'mma kill you if you end up doing something that hurts you and Ron"

Wayne just keeps his gaze firmly locked on the skyline in front of him, face without expression. Susan sighs feeling it is going to be tough to convince Wayne to keep his nose out of where it does not belong. She then asks him in a rather monotone voice "So, what're you planning on doing then?"
"I'm thinking of letting the local chapter of the Templars know about this if I can't talk him outta it myself"
"What?! You know how they'd respond to something like this, so why would you ever wanna put your own brother through that?!"
"Cause if it'll put some sense into him then it'd do him good!"

Susan moves back from Wayne, she is not used to him yelling, certainly not with as much anger that was evident in his voice. Wayne simply got up from his chair and walked inside the house. Their son Jeff asks him "Dad, what's with all the yelling?"
"Nothing, just me losing my temper over something in town. Don't you pay it no mind"

Wayne heads off into the master bedroom of the house and closes the door. Jeff stands confused and curious as to what is really going on. He tries to get information from Susan asking "Ma, what's up with dad?"
"Nothing sweety. Just leave him be, he's in a sore mood right now" replies Susan as she sits in the chair Wayne had just emptied and takes his place of sitting and staring. Young Jeff still yourns to know what the true reason behind the yelling was, though it was evident he was not going to find out.

And so, there you have it. Due to people seeing something they knew nothing about and formulating their own stories as to what might have been, wheels are set forward to provide a good deal of grief for Ron and Isabell. As always, an exaggerated rumor is promising trouble ahead for unsuspecting people. Wayne's own hatred is preventing him from seeing things more clearly than he should. While Ron and Isabell have no idea what is coming for them.

Thank you for reading this chapter, and bear with me hee, I know it's a little short for a chapter.