What kind of Furry are you?

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

Re: What kind of Furry are you?

#766 Post by Loveknowsbest »

OK. I did my research on furries. I'm not one. I like the comic cuz of the good storytelling and character development. I never met a furry but heard about y'all from a gay friend of mine. I was like "Furry?" So I researched it. I have no problems with it. It might be adorable. My family uptight would not accept it. I'm more open minded.

Samantaz
Master

#767 Post by Samantaz »

As i wasn't sure of the definition of "furry", i did some researches too ...

So i'm, for now, just an "normal" furry (just interested in anthro animals), but when i'll get enough funds (and time ?), i'll make a fursuit !
My sona will look like my avatar : an hybrid between vixen (female fox) and panthera.
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#768 Post by Vintage »

Samantaz wrote:As i wasn't sure of the definition of "furry", i did some researches too ...

So i'm, for now, just an "normal" furry (just interested in anthro animals), but when i'll get enough funds (and time ?), i'll make a fursuit !
My sona will look like my avatar : an hybrid between vixen (female fox) and panthera.
I think the dividing lines when trying to define what a furry is, is whether you treat it as an art style, hobby, lifestyle or sexual fetish. You could almost number them as "levels" from 1-4. I'm sort of in-between art style and hobby right now.

Speaking of fursuits, I don't think I would mind wearing one. It's just that I wouldn't have anything to do with it. When you get around to making your fursuit post some of the pictures on the forum here! I think it would be fun to watch your progress.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Samantaz
Master

#769 Post by Samantaz »

TheWMM wrote:I think the dividing lines when trying to define what a furry is, is whether you treat it as an art style, hobby, lifestyle or sexual fetish.
If by "art style" you mean that i do any artistic things about furries, then no, i prefer watching other's DA/FA stuff !
I think that's a hobby and not a lifestyle, because nobody around me knows that i'm a furry. Also lifestyle means "everyday" ? right ?
And fnally, no ! nothing sexual xD
TheWMM wrote:When you get around to making your fursuit post some of the pictures on the forum here! I think it would be fun to watch your progress.
No way to forgot you guys ^^
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#770 Post by Vintage »

Samantaz wrote:
TheWMM wrote:I think the dividing lines when trying to define what a furry is, is whether you treat it as an art style, hobby, lifestyle or sexual fetish.
If by "art style" you mean that i do any artistic things about furries, then no, i prefer watching other's DA/FA stuff !
I think that's a hobby and not a lifestyle, because nobody around me knows that i'm a furry. Also lifestyle means "everyday" ? right ?
And fnally, no ! nothing sexual xD
Oh - I just meant those in general. :oops: Those are just the different types that I've seen in the past couple years.

As for art style, that to me could either mean that you like to produce anthropomorphic art or just simply enjoy the art itself. Not quite "furry" in nature, but close. It'd probably be a lot more accurate to call this situation anthro.

A hobby might include things that involve a monetary value - like commissioning/wanting a suit, commissioning art, writing books or making videos.

Lifestyle maybe could mean periodically attending conventions, making and selling fursuits as a profession or - almost to an extreme - wearing a fursuit every day.

Sexual fetish is self-explanatory.

Obviously the majority of people in the fandom are at the top of list here and progressively become the minority as you travel down. Still though, trying to apply labels and clear-cut categories in order to understand a large, individually-unique group of people will obviously be inaccurate to some degree. That's also not to say that someone is confined to one category and not a mix. Which is most likely why it's fairly difficult to try and define what we all are.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Dalenger

#771 Post by Dalenger »

Hiyo,

Couple years ago, I bumped into being a furry online and kinda got swallowed by the whole of it (both SFW and NSFW). I started to draw a little SFW stuff (though I'm a terrible artist) and, in the honeymoon high, told a few of my friends.

That ended up being a mistake, as I think they got a little weirded out by it. Life continued as normal; no one freaked out or disowned me or anything like that-- it was just a little awkward for a couple weeks.
I'm sure they still remember, though. At parties, during "truth or dare", I swear I'm the only one they haven't truthed, "what is your fetish?" :roll:
Not salty or anything, I suppose it ended about as well as it could. I also stopped drawing, though not for any reasons motivated by the above story-- I just got really busy and a little discouraged.

Parents don't know, never told anyone but that small group of friends (most of whom I don't hang out with anymore anyways). I see no reason to need to tell anyone else, at least for the time being.

xboxgamer969
Citizen

#772 Post by xboxgamer969 »

Dalenger wrote:Hiyo,

Couple years ago, I bumped into being a furry online and kinda got swallowed by the whole of it (both SFW and NSFW). I started to draw a little SFW stuff (though I'm a terrible artist) and, in the honeymoon high, told a few of my friends.

That ended up being a mistake, as I think they got a little weirded out by it. Life continued as normal; no one freaked out or disowned me or anything like that-- it was just a little awkward for a couple weeks.
I'm sure they still remember, though. At parties, during "truth or dare", I swear I'm the only one they haven't truthed, "what is your fetish?" :roll:
Not salty or anything, I suppose it ended about as well as it could. I also stopped drawing, though not for any reasons motivated by the above story-- I just got really busy and a little discouraged.

Parents don't know, never told anyone but that small group of friends (most of whom I don't hang out with anymore anyways). I see no reason to need to tell anyone else, at least for the time being.
There's no shame in telling people you're a furry, embrace it, own it. What are they gonna do? judge you for something you like? come on its 2016 where being homosexual is normal and trans also normal, everyone has an awkward side to them and thats not a bad thing.

dartvader48
Master

#773 Post by dartvader48 »

im the really sly, lazy, and nice kind of nerd… furry? :mrgreen:
Stream link: https://picarto.tv/dartvader48
Be cunning, be hydrated, be a water-fox 8)
Deviant
Artist
Vulpine
Art
Dangerously
Extraordinaryly
Reliable
Mank deme
Come to the Dark Side

Akira110
Literary Artist

#774 Post by Akira110 »

I guess I'll finally get around to posting in this, because I haven't done so ever and I've been here for close to five years now.

I'm a furry, that much any one can tell from my books and my DeviantArt. However, I'm really just a fan of furry art and use anthro characters as a vehicle for building a world and telling a story. A common misconception is that I have some sort of Fursona, I do not. I never did and probably never will.

As for fursuiting, I'm not into that sort of thing. Where I live is hot and humid enough, I don't need to put myself in a heavy costume. Not to mention the materials will be too costly and it takes way too much time to create it. Not to mention, I doubt people would take kindly to me walking around with a metal sword strapped to my belt, no matter how dull the edge is.

My contributions to the furry community is mostly literature, but I'm willing to defend it from bullies, because there are people out there that don't agree with us liking the things we do and decide to bully us for it.

As for how many people know I'm a furry, not many. Mainly because of my personality type. I'm not one to advertise things. I mean people that do know, have either figured it out or have asked me.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Salemcripple
Traveler

#775 Post by Salemcripple »

I don't talk about it. I'm pretty sure my friends know on account of my phone wallpaper and other artwork I have. But I still keep it on the DL. I did try "testing the watters" once back in the late 90's (yes I am actually that old) when I first started getting into it. Did so with my best friend whom I've been friends with since 2nd grade (early 90's). He thought it was weird, but didn't think much of it. I'm pretty sure if I let fly my true depth in this, I would never hear the end of it. Not that they wouldn't still be my friends, I would just get constant [censored] from them.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#776 Post by Hulk10 »

I'm a furry and I have a fursonna
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

TheDodo
Traveler

#777 Post by TheDodo »

Time to reanimate this thread.

For me I'm pretty secretive about the whole thing.
I only call 2 persons in RL my friends and one of the two is very conservative. The other one doesn't know it either.
Although I'd not deny it if he would ask.
Same goes for the whole family conservative Catholic Bavarians.
They already had and still have a hard time getting along with my taste in Music \m/ and this is the case for at least 10 years but now.
Outside of this Forum I still have to hide that or at least deny it.
At least I get to wear my collars if I'm not at home or work. And it goes well with the rest of my outfit.

If I had to choose a specific animal for my furrsona it would be a lynx or fox
And on top of all I'll this is the first time I really confess that.

I'M A FURRY I don't want to be different or what others consider normal. Also I'm into the NSFW stuff.

I'm so happy right now finally got this of my soul (at least here)
QRT 73 55

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#778 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Said this before but I will repeate myself. *
No i do not consider me a Furry. But i do enjoy the comic and some art. Had a friend who claimed being one but i am not sure if he has changed his mind...

Also: Are there different kinds?

*Since this seems to be a far more interesting thread
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#779 Post by Neptune »

ThunderVolt wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:43 am Not a furry, but perhaps my status as bio-bot counts?

Not sure what a bio-bot is? Email me or look at my signature for summarization.
Hol up and please tell me what a BioBot is
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#780 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Me, myself and I. That's all that needs to be said.
Videre videnda.