Anime with furry characters.

For all discussions pertaining to anime and anime-related subjects.

Moderator: Moderators

Idun J. Fox
Banned
Banned

Re: Animes with furry characters.

#16 Post by Idun J. Fox »

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#17 Post by Fireball0236 »

Schrodinger wrote:I also enjoyed Princess Tutu. I even read the manga.
Happy to see at least someone else who not only knows the anime, but enjoyed it :D .

I have seen Fruits Basket, to be honest, it dissapointed me somwhat... (possible small spoiler?) Not to mention how unfortunate I find the fact that not all beasts from the Chinese Zodiac appeared (neither did they in the manga iirc).

One thing I had HOPED (and given the idea behind fanservice, would happen) is that Tooru would on purpose hug Kyou or Yuki at a time and pet them in their animal form :P . Was surprised that it didn't happen :( .

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#18 Post by Tuna »

It really seems to be one of those anime that planned really heavily on more seasons that just didn't happen - from what I've heard, the manga goes much farther story-wise, and makes more sense.
:kathrin:

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#19 Post by Blazeofspikes »

@Idun J. Fox
Heh I remember Sargent frog when I was watching it in middle school/early high school until they removed all the subs on veoh >.> before funimation even had the rights to the anime.
@Fireball
I am not sure if Tooru even has the backbone to even do that even if she wanted to (or at least that's how she acts in the funimation dub.) The closest thing the anime has in terms of fanservice based on what I have seen so far is Momiji humping Toorus leg in rabbit form as soon as he was introduced and Ayame creeping all around in Toorus clothes in snake form. heck I think momiji is the only character I can picture Tooru to pet personality wise and maybe that tiger girl if she didn't bite Tooru everytime she puts her hand near her.
@ either Tuna/Fireball
Since I keep hearing the anime does not last as long as the manga should I just read the whole manga? Or should I just find the place where the anime left off in the manga and continue from that point like I did with dragon half even though that anime was only 2 episodes long >.> so it wouldn't really hurt that much even if I did decided to reread it.

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#20 Post by Tuna »

I'd suggest quickly watching the anime, then just reading the manga from the beginning - it's a bit repetitive, but you really appreciate the small differences. 'Sides, the manga is just different enough from the anime that you can't really hop from one to the other partway through...
o.x

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#21 Post by Blazeofspikes »

Just finished fruit basket the anime and so far it was a great series although since I am not good at writing reviews in comparison to my first impressions the only thing I can really do in terms of reviewing is the pros and cons. (I am currently reading the manga as of right now)
Pros:Great character design, One of those animes that makes you look at your own life in a different way and can also make you feel good about yourself, and the animation was good for its time. (although I think it got sloppy in the end when they started using 3D technology and put real life footage of the subways in Japan behind the animation)
Cons: Some of the characters can get annoying or over the top at times. (I only had this problem with the year of the monkey part of the soumas family because it kinda seems ridiculous in my opinion), Some of the story elements need more information. (I wish they put more info about the curse and other spoiler related stuff), and it may be considered cheesy to some people.
Miscellaneous
When they introduce ram boy the dubbed version of the anime felt like Charlie brown.
Akito acts exactly like the main head master in the Fatal frame games except for the whole killing thing and replace it with torture. http://cameraslens.com/fatalframewiki/i ... ord_Himuro

Oh and I just remembered about the manga +anima. Have you guys read it yet? It's basically about a crow boy who goes around trying to find other +anima with other +anima for whatever reason. (*spoiler warning* As for the curse in +anima a person can grow animalistic features such as flying, growing claws, or breathing underwater depending on what your +anima is. The only way a person can become a +anima is to have a near death experience as a young person while thinking or visualizing a animal and you will gain the animal property, and some other way which I forgot)
http://www.onemanga.com/Anima/ here is the link if you wanted to check it out.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by Ranalf »

Theres Macademi Wasshoi, it was pure furry for Ep. 2 and the rest has numerous furries.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Calligrapher
Citizen

#23 Post by Calligrapher »

There's Damekko Dōbutsu (Useless Animals)

Wikipedia:
Damekko Dōbutsu (だめっこどうぶつ?, lit. Useless Animals) is a manga series by Noriko Kuwata serialized in Manga Life since the November 2001 issue. It was later adapted into a comedy anime series on Kids Station, a Japanese broadcast satellite station. It features characters that wear kemonomimi costumes. Each character in the anime does not live up to the standards of their species, making them outcasts who must live in the "Useless" Forest. The main character Uruno is a wolf who has the personality of a shy rabbit; meanwhile, Usahara, a rabbit, acts like a wolf. Each of the 26 episodes is 5 minutes long, bringing the total series to 130 minutes (2 hours 10 minutes).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damekko_Doubutsu
There are no absolutes.

Calligrapher
Citizen

#24 Post by Calligrapher »

This season's Dog Dayslooks pretty good.
There are no absolutes.

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

If I'm correct, this thread is dead. It's last post was by you (therefore, also a double post) last July.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by Fireball0236 »

Well, this board is almost the definition of dead.

I don't think Otome Youkai Zakuro has been mentioned yet. Juujin, Bishounen, Romance, (good!) Comedy, Character development and Fantasy, what more could you want ^^ .

I plan on watching Dog Days, once it's completely subbed and aired. Of course that always makes me be 6-12months behind the latest season in anime watching.

~ Fireball0236

Invendetie

#27 Post by Invendetie »

:nora:
I love furry anime almost as much as I love Ryoma from prince of tennis and Toshiro from Bleach.
And I love them alot. :P
:3 :D~ :D~
Gah?! :shock: :o
I just realised I know hardly any Furry animes?!
:? :| :( (;_;) :raine:
WHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
*Sniff* I'm going to go watch some of the ones you guys have posted.
Don't look at the following marked as spoiler... I write this on every post as a habit and dedication to RYOMA-KUN!!!!!
Spoiler!
Mada mada dane :) |D :D :grin: :mrgreen: I love Ryoma and Toshiro!! :D~ :D~ :D~ :D~
MADA MADA DANE...
BANKAI!
Toshiro and Ryoma, I love them forever!!

P.S I AM A FAN GIRL AND PROUD OF IT!

ZNickel
Apprentice

#28 Post by ZNickel »

Well, Bleach does have two characters that could be considered 'furry': Captain Sajin Komamura (anthro-wolf) and Yoruichi Shihōin (can transform into a cat). Similarly to Yoruichi, Blair the Witch from Soul Eater can be counted as furry character.
“The solid organic waste is about to collide with the rotational air circulation device.”

lightningace

#29 Post by lightningace »

.HACK//QUANTUM has a main character which is a furry cat along with other characters in the game and anime series so I suggest checking them out just the characters aren't exactly seen much.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#30 Post by Zylver »

80 days around the world with Willy Fog

My favourite childhood cartoon, which is the best adaptation of Jules Verne's book 80 days around the world, and also a very lovely little anime :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus