Dreams

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Dreams

#1996 Post by Bellhead »

I might end up writing a short story with this theme... It felt pretty interesting.

I don't remember exactly how it started, but I remember being in the back seat of a car, with a friend with magic capabilities to my right, my sister in the passenger seat, and a young girl driving. She must have been like 4 or 5, and she could barely see over the steering wheel, but we were moving, and she was taking corners and running roadblocks like a true getaway driver. And despite all that was happening, and how many people were after us, none of us were worried.

She ducked into some unassuming parking lot with a run-down looking building that I recognized as a friend's auto shop, parked in the back, and we all got out. I got a look at the car, and my mind said it was a Kia, but it was a boxy sedan like from the late 80's early 90's. A true sleeper. We went inside to find my friend and found him working with a group of people I didn't really trust, but he immediately came over to meet us. He smiled, seeing my sister carrying our driver, who smiled a warm childish smile. He congratulated her on a job well done, and they talked for a little while while I looked around. When I wandered back a few moments later, I heard him tell the girl, "Any time you want to see me, you just walk right up to me and say, 'let's have a smoke'." I got angry, but he followed it with, "Of course, we won't actually smoke anything, but I'd love to talk with you whenever."

He turned to the rest of us just standing around, and smiled. "Feel free to stop by whenever. Door's always open." We said our goodbyes and went toward the car, and my magic-capable friend found a giant lightly purple leaf on the ground, picked it up, and jogged to catch up with us. He got in his seat while my sister got in the passenger seat. I helped our driver get seated, with the steering wheel, seat and pedals as close together as they could get. We started joking about how we wouldn't get much room to maneuver with all the people after us, but with her driving, we only needed a few inches on each side. We all chuckled.

As I was getting in, one of the shop's workers was walking toward me with a less-than-friendly smile, and said "Kneel," as in, 'kneel before your superior'. I had no reason to, so I got in the car before he got close. My friend beside me handed me the leaf as we left the parking lot, and began racing through the streets again, this time through wooded back roads on the other side of the parking lot. The leaf was at least two feet long end-to-end, and looked mostly white and streaked with purple. I looked it over and asked him if we could use it to fix the thing (don't remember what, but it was important), and he said he probably could, and I instinctively wrapped it around myself like a blanket. Thinking back to the guy in the parking lot, I heard a voice say "He never changes, does he?" and I replied, "No, he never does."

Even with the bumpiness of the ride, I fell asleep pretty easily in a matter of seconds, wrapped up in the magical giant purple leaf.

This dream reminded me of another I had a long time ago, like how I knew the young girl was a phenomenal driver, but I don't know how I knew that. Like a dream I had before, and forgot when I woke up.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#1997 Post by Bellhead »

I don't remember too much about this one, but I dreamed I had time traveled back to somewhere around 1985.

I remember trying to be cautious, to not draw attention to myself, but I ended up getting pulled over by a cop. I was a bit hesitant, and told this female officer that if I showed her my ID, she'd be even more confused. I ended up showing her a dollar bill from my wallet, with the year 2018 printed on it. She just looked at me, confused, and I showed her my driver's license, with the birth date in '95, expiration well after 2020, and she pointed at the date, looked at me pale, and took a couple steps back, then tried to claim it was fake. It was right about then that I questioned if I had really time traveled, or if I was dreaming. I decided that if I really did travel back, I had to make the most of it, and try to fix the future, though I still kinda figured it was a dream.

I pointed out the holograms, and the star in the corner. Side note, for those who don't have to deal with this crap, the US has begun a transition to a so-called "Real ID" over a driver's license, for getting into government buildings, getting on a domestic flight, etc. The only difference is a gold circle with a white star in it on the top right, and it takes a CRAPLOAD of paperwork to get one, need an appointment, all that bureaucratic stuff. And I have one, and I started rattling off all the stuff I had to bring to the RMV to get it, then I stopped myself.

I told her that things had begun changing since the Trump presidency, and things were falling apart. I think my exact quote was, "Yeah, that happened. 30 years from now, he'll run, lose the popular vote but win the electoral-" Then she turned away for some kind of meeting, so I whispered something about rhetoric, and using sexism, racism and class warfare to take over, and all but quietly begged her to make sure something was done about it. I could see the fear on her face, and knew she believed me, so I excused myself, and headed for the door. I made a mental note to check the internet when I got back to my own time, to see if anything changed. Woke up before I reached the door, and for a brief moment, contemplated checking.. But nothing changed. Oh well.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#1998 Post by The Blue Fox »

Normally it's very rare that I ever have a dream, but lately the dream center of my brain has been relatively very active. I've had three dreams in the past month.

The first one of the three I had also happens to also be the longest with the most stuff going on.

I dreamt I was a black kid sitting in the back seat of a car on the left side, and I was looking at my hands all over, front and back, thinking something like "Wait a minute...I'm black? How have I not known this until now?"
Kinda at the same time someone in the driver's seat was talking to me about something to do with my black mom, and for some reason I was saying something like my black mom wasn't my mom.
On cue, my black mom opens the door on the other side of the car from me to grab something, and I think she was topless for some reason.
The car was parked in the middle of a field among a whole load of other cars...apparently this field was being used as a car park.
Either my black mom or whoever was in the driver's seat told me to go get some ice cream from an ice cream van in the corner of the car park.
So I run off...ON MY OWN...and head to this ice cream van...when I get there the ice cream van has turned into a food trailer and was selling small boxes of food.
Instead of paying money, I had the guy running it tell me his life story or something while he made me six boxes of...I think he said it was hot pot? And for some reason, having him tell me his life story allowed me to have the food for free.
Then I head back out to the car park and kinda only then realise it's absolutely huge with loads and loads of cars and I couldn't see the car I came from and I got worried I wasn't gonna be able to find it.
Then the dream kinda skips to me, the person from the driver seat and my black mom heading through the entrance to this fun fair. I gas that's what the car park was for.
I don't remember anything about being in the fun fair itself.
The next thing I remember is walking through some kinda city, and every so often...you know the random stranger from Fallout? Well, we kinda came across him a couple of times in random spots in the city.
First, he was sitting on the edge of this planter box that was surrounded by a stone bench you could sit on in this open area area this one building had...and my kid self ran up to him, touched him and said "boop" and he dissapeared.
The second time we came across him, he was just sort of...standing there in an alleyway, and again I booped him and he dissapeared.
The next thing I remember is we come across this empty plot of land in the middle of the city, and it had a sign in front of it showing a map view of the empty plot of land for some reason.
This map view showed this plot of land had a road going into the middle of it for some reason.
And that's all I can remember of that first dream. Pretty wild, huh?

The second dream I had was about this steam train going along the track pulling some coaches.
Apparently riding on this train were a bunch of anthropomorphic animals.
I don't remember any details about any of them except for three anthro frogs that were riding in the rearmost carriage.
This last carriage was kinda weird...it was metal all over and resembles more of a coal truck or something.
And where it connected with the rest of the train, instead of a normal door to access it, it had this big metal semi-circle you rotated to block off or allow access through a gap it covered.
So there were two male frogs and one female frog, and she was making out with one of the males right in front of the other, making this other male frog jealous.
I got the sense that these frogs had some kind of history where the female used to be in a relationship with the frog she wasn't currently kissing.
So the frog that wasn't getting some got angrier and angrier, until he had enough, and weirdly enough he said in an ominous tone "I still remember the last time I spoke" and as he was saying that, he pulls out a fricking GUN! And I THINK he fires, but I'm not sure.
At that prcise moment, it then immediately cuts to an outside view of the train from the front, and the train brakes to a halt, and one of the anthro animals yells out something along the lines of "Oh great, let's stop right here, NOWHERE NEAR THE STATION!"
And that's all I remember of that dream. Very strange.

The third and last dream is one I had just last night, actually. I remember I was walking up a hill through some deep snow with somebody and telling them something along the lines of "There's a village up here that should look very beautiful"
We get to the top of the hill and sure enough, there's a village covered in snow. I don't remember any details about it, though.
It then immediately cuts to a scene where me and this other person are somewhere up a rocky, snowy mountain and I've climbed high up a pillar of rock while they wait on some flat area below.
I remember causing something that was on top of this rock pillar to fall down to where the other person is standing, but I'm not sure what...whatever it was, it was defintely something manmade, possibly electrical, and I knew in the dream I was somehow responsible for it being there, but I don't remember how.
And that's all I can remember of that dream.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#1999 Post by RennisTora »

"Looks at the date of his last entry... Blows away layer of dust."

Had a dream about an inner Earth kind of place, quickly turned into full fantasy.

I was living in Toronto (Canada) for some reason or another, took a trip to Niagara Falls, somehow wound up in a cave system that took me
far below the falls into a large cavern that sunlight was still able to enter somehow, producing a sunset kind of vibe.

Inside the chamber was a mirror lake, the water seemed to be flowing towards the centre instead of away from it, to some kind of
ancient looking stone structure somewhere between a fort and a temple with greenery growing on it.
I remember walking around the outside both thinking and saying aloud how beautiful it was, next thing I knew I was inside of the structure.

I was following this girl that had came out of nowhere while I was looking around, and with no idea where I was let alone how to get home I went with her.
It was a somewhere between her leading me someplace and playful chasing, like it was some kind of game to her or at least amusing.
What started as simple hallways and service tunnels turned into a labyrinthine like system of halls and tunnels, I eventually started seeing creatures
that at first seemed like they could just be animals that had found their way down there, but soon there were clearly unnatural or at least unfamiliar
ones as well until finally I recall full on running to keep up with the girl who I knew was named Liz, while trying to outrun monsters.

She kept getting further and further ahead, when I thought I was going to lose sight of her we entered some kind of chamber that looked a lot like
an old park with a fountain and greenery, there were these things that I wouldn't quite call rivers or streams, but were like small channels carved in the
stonework almost like irrigation. There was an odd sense of peace and beauty to it given what I'd just been through.

I recall seeing what looked like an old spear laying on the floor next to some dried blood, I began thinking aloud "what is this place, what happened here?"
but heard no reply from Liz, when I turned to address her she was gone. I began calling her name, growing more and more worried as the playful feeling
was replaced with concern.

While still calling out her name, a set of large stone doors creaked open to reveal a group of people entering the chamber, they stopped after seeing me.
I was turning to get a better a look at them when they seemed to panic and adopted a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach, with one of them sinking
an arrow in my side. I remember blood and pain, the panic of not knowing where Liz had gone, the surprise of seeing other people, the frantic attempt to speak
to them in hopes of deescalating the situation as two of them approached with weapons.

Once I could see them better, they seemed to be elves rather than humans, dressed in armour and carrying weapons like an adventuring party.
I want to say there were 5 of them? I know one shot me, then two ran up, then a third, and then another who acted at the end.
One of the two who charged had an axe, the other large knives or maybe short swords, the third had a sword and heavier armour, and the two
that hung back seemed to be an archer and someone in robes.

With them not standing down I had little choice in defending myself while frantically trying to tell them to stop, I ended up wounding the two that rushed in
with the spear, the swordsman that seemed to be either calling the shots or at least giving the others instructions then came in and broke the spear.
It was when his sword was partially stabbed in my shoulder that I heard Liz cry out "Stop hurting him, he didn't do anything wrong!", with me desperately
grasping at the guys blade trying to stop it from sinking any further into me.

Much to my own surprise they actually backed off, the one in the robes said some kind of prayer or incantation that enveloped the two I'd wounded
in a light that was somehow both bright yet dim, like sunlight coming in through a window early in the morning, their wounds began to close.
A small creature hopped up onto one of the planters in the garden, it seemed like the source of the voice I'd heard which made no sense at the time.
The swordsman removed their blade and the healer patched me up, the light was warm but not hot, while kneeling on the floor barely conscious I saw
the swordsman pet the head of the creature that seemed very cat like, but with some differences I can't quite describe after waking up.

Once I was able to stand, I hobbled over to where the swordsman and the cat were, I can't recall much of what was said as I was starting to wake up.
But I remember the cat looking at me with a mixture of regret and sadness before I also gave it a tender pat on the head, followed by ear scratches.
I do recall the swordsman having the situation explained to him, and that he called the labyrinth the "Misty Spiral", I felt myself get light headed and faint.

---

After waking up, I could only describe it as a sort of hollow Earth kind of deal, and that Liz was a magical creature that lived in the labyrinth and was known
to the people who explored it, probably in that she would guide lost people to the garden, that honestly seemed like a rest stop in a dungeon in hindsight.
Probably one of the more structured dreams I've had in a while, which is partly why I haven't been writing down dreams, stuff's just been kind of a jumble lately.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#2000 Post by RennisTora »

So... Had a vivid dream about a tornado, again.
Was sitting around the house, got the alert, ran to grab something from my room.
See strong wind out the window, then a motorcycle getting tossed down the street, flipping and grinding on the ground.
Look out another window and see the funnel, running for the basement shouting to my family.
Tornado disperses before the house (which had been shaking) got seriously damaged.

Kind of an unpleasant dream to say the least, made more so when I remembered that the last three times I had a tornado dream,
that I woke up to either get a get a tornado warning the same day or that the next town over was hit...
This is the 4th time I've had a tornado dream in my life, and as I was telling my family "I hope this isn't 4 times in a row", they tell me
we're expecting a winter storm with 100kph winds on Friday... :|

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#2001 Post by RennisTora »

Had two memorable dreams last night/this morning, first was modern fantasy and the second was sci-fi.

1. I and a handful of friends were part of some group that hunted spirits, monsters, and demons.
Sort of like the show Supernatural but not quite as dystopian or far gone, we somehow got wrapped up in an incident that brought us
to what was either hell or some kind of demonic realm at least, though there were more Greek mythology themes than Christian.

Our group was caught in a trap set by the lord of the realm we ended up in, some kind of demon/dragon woman.
I narrowly avoided capture, and began planning to free my friends from seemed to be some type of magical interrogation machines.
While trying to free them I ended up cornered by Big Bad, who again seemed to be more a Hades than Satan kind of figure.
I recall making some kind of attempt at intimidation by revealing that I was in fact not entirely human, that I had celestial blood.

That was when it was revealed that the Big Bad had a weakness, or maybe more accurately as "thing" for divine entities...
She let down her guard enough that I was able to start to get to know her, and ended up realizing that she wasn't exactly a villain.
More "Morally Ambiguous" than anything, and that we, a group of armed strangers, had shown up causing trouble, so they stuck back.
The dream ended shortly after we came to an understanding and my teammates were in the process of being set free.

---
There were some random mixed up blurs of dreams in between, along with waking up a couple times before the second memorable and final dream.
---

2. It was a sort of "near future" setting, aliens having made contact with Earth, and a budding branch of the government sort like a young Star Trek organization.
Unlike Star Trek or Mass Effect, most of the aliens were not recoloured humans, from the perspective of the dream, the majority were various anthro races.
On that line of thought, I was either supposed to be an alien myself, or at least a human who had undergone genetic modification, as I was in fact a tiger man.
There were also others of course, but they kind of blended in with the background, I recall robots or maybe full robotic races as well as the more generic aliens.

I was part of a class, or otherwise group going through training to join the fleet, we were to go through an advanced routine using some kind of simulator
that was like something right out of Star Trek for how perfect it looked, we were going up against one of the more violent races we knew about out in space.
I recall being on defences, shields and the like, a lot shouting, a lot of panic, in the end we won but barely, while the simulation was wrapping up, something odd happened though.
I was standing further back, trying to calm down, flipping a lucky coin between my fingers to try and relieve stress, when someone entered the bridge.

Now, it's important to know that for this simulation, with exception to our class and the instructor, everyone else onboard was part of the simulation, with limited A.I
for running things in the background just like on a real ship, and it is for this reason that both I and someone else who had stepped away from the celebrations were confused.

The person who walked onto the bridge stopped after only a little ways into the room, they were also a tiger person, though their fur was a different pattern and colourization.
After a moment of watching them I realized they were also female, a young woman maybe in her early 20's, while I was supposed to be in my late 20's in the dream.
What confused us, was that she turned to look at me while I was looking at her, she was twirling something in her right hand, which I quickly clocked as being
a coin, the very same lucky coin I was holding in my left hand, there was a sudden feeling that ran through me, almost like a shock, with a brief moment of insight.

This woman, despite all possibility, was in fact my daughter, who wasn't even born yet...
I remember a rush of emotions, surprise, joy, concern, pride...

All I could muster was an informal salute, raising my fist to chest height, and giving two solid thumps, all the while keeping eye contact.
She returned the "salute" and wore a smile, then continued her route onto the bridge, the simulation ending shortly after.
The guy who had also seen this exchange walked over to me and voiced his confusion, saying something along the lines of "I thought there was only one Admin with us?".
I kept my realization to myself, and simply confirmed that I was also very confused about that fact.

Later, I was walking down one of the many sterile hallways at what I can only assume was an academy of some kind, I was carrying files or paperwork.
I walked past a doorway that was only open by just a hair and hear voices, it was late and I heard something about the simulation, so I stopped and listened.
I could just barely see who was in the room, or at least one of the people in the room, of which there seemed to be two, the one I could see was a woman.
She seemed to be some kind of canine race, looked a lot like an Afghan Hound with overly groomed hair and fur, I recall recognizing them as being someone
important regarding the organization we were a part of, the conversation seemed somewhat heated.

They were talking about the simulation and that a small number of students or even instructors had somehow realized what was going on, that the simulation was
in fact somehow a view of future events rather than purely fictional, which to me made sense given the exchange and moment of insight I'd shared with my future daughter.

I decided it might be best to leave but fumbled with my documents as I walked away, while frantically trying to gather them I heard the woman's tone change as well get slightly
louder, as if she'd heard me and had turned to look at the door, saying that those who involved with the situation would be dealt with shortly.

Then I woke up while still trying to grab my things and run.
In retrospect, I feel like the woman wasn't being hostile, just stern, and I only read it as danger in the moment, if that makes sense?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#2002 Post by Bellhead »

This was the first one I've remembered in a while, and I don't remember all of it.

I was sitting with my dog in a house in the countryside, and went outside to explain why the weather was weird to my dog. But I was hovering like a helicopter for some reason. Then I saw a small plane flying perpendicular to me above the tree line, barely moving but staying airborne, as if in extremely high headwind. It landed a hundred feet away or so, and a girl got out and walked over to me. I asked if she was alright, and she said she was just out of gas. We talked and started walking toward the house. Something at that point told me it was my grandparents' house, but the layout was different.

As we got to the door, she told me she needed a drink, to which I replied, "Hm?", and she looked at me and said, "I require a liquid beverage", in a slightly frustrated tone. I told her she could have all she wanted, handed her a glass, and pointed her at the sink. She drank several glasses worth. Later, she handed me a smartphone-looking thing with 5 small red dots arranged in a line on it, and told me it was a weapon. Later that night, some... humanoid.. things came after her, and I protected her with it. The dots were lasers, but they weren't very powerful; only enough to slowly injure it, or singe paper, but I eventually drove it off.

After that whole debacle, she got pretty frustrated that I had been using the "weapon" on its lowest setting, and began attempting to show me how to set it up right. Something to do with strangely shaped colored numbered rubber magnets on the back, almost like a children's toy. I woke up before I could figure it out.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#2003 Post by Tornir »

If you'd had a cat instead of a dog, the lowest setting of a laser pointed at the target would still have been deadly.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#2004 Post by Bellhead »

Weird thing was, though, the dog kinda just.. wasn't there after I started walking toward the girl. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

Rubymess
Traveler

#2005 Post by Rubymess »

I have only nightmares if I don't have a dreamcatcher.

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#2006 Post by RennisTora »

Man, it's been a hot... Year since my last entry here, I don't know if it's the post-covid blues or if I'm just having a harder time remembering to write stuff down, but seeing my last post was in January?

It was a relatively short dream, and like some I've had before it wasn't Live Action despite being from a first person POV, was still myself though albeit younger and in high school still.
I was human still, but attending a school full of anthro people, with humans being either a minority or straight up rare, mammalian anthro's seemed to be the majority, with avian, reptilian, and amphibian also being minorities?
Reminded me heavily of the web comic "Furthia High" and a little bit "Beast and His pet high school Girl", the character designs were all rather nice, keeping that "looks cute in 2D but probably not 3D" kind of vibe.
I remember that I was living with a relative, a woman who had recently become a full time teacher after finishing her courses, but the only job she was able to get was in a region that was predominantly anthro instead of human.
She was tall, or at least as tall as me at that age, around 6 foot, dark skin possibly African-American heritage but unsure as it wasn't touched on, long straight hair that was a cross between dark brown and red, and brown eyes, beautiful honestly.

There was some kind of celebration going on, felt sort of school festival like, I remember sports playing a significant role.
I was taking a backseat approach since I was a transfer student on some level, though I don't recall the exact time of year beyond it not being cold, more a late spring to early summer look and feel.
I recall seeing two students, an avian and amphibian, getting singled out by a couple mammalian bullies, a canine and equine I think, with it getting gradually worse as the day unfolded, until I couldn't take it any longer and interjected.
I don't remember there being a huge confrontation or altercation, just them backing off since I think there would have been trouble if they openly harmed me, or maybe they were just being careful since my guardian was a teacher there?
The two students seemed to be first years, which I was also supposed to be though I'm unsure, one boy and one girl, the avian girl had a grey perroquet look while the amphibian boy had a somewhat chunky build with brown skink look.

I recall checking them to make sure they were okay, if they needed the school nurse or to go home, they seemed more frazzled than anything, though the girl was rubbing her beak in a "it hurts but it's okay but also kind of stings" kind of way.
I remember talking with them, and then going with them to fetch something near the end of the day, like their bag had been hidden by the bullies or something, it was late by the time it was found and we got locked in somehow.
After wandering the quiet and empty building for a bit, I eventually called my relative to tell them I'd gotten locked in while running late, when they finally showed up I for some reason felt the need to hide what had happened?
I came up with a simple cover story that I had been in the bathroom, explaining "yeah well, there are some things that take a while okay?" which got a mixed reaction of confusion, followed by realization, then minor disgust.
I'm not sure if she believed me, or if she even realized I was trying to politely say I was taking a [censored], or if she thought I meant something worse? I think she got it, the exact expression is hard to describe in words.
The following day, or at least another day, I remember walking into the cafeteria and seeing the two students sitting together, I walked up and sat down while trying to be casual or friendly, it was quiet at first but I remember gradual chatting.
I also remember one or more of the bullies walking by and asking if I liked my food, I got the feeling it was more a subtle way of asking if I was sure I wanted to take this side of things, I remember taking a bite and eyeing them while saying "Yup".

RennisTora
Templar GrandMaster

#2007 Post by RennisTora »

Had a weird but interesting dream, involved supernatural and or dimensional shenanigans.

I was a student (I think), but for once not high school or below, instead I was in college (I never went, so it's rare I dream about it, since I know little to nothing of how it works).
(It may have also just been a community centre or otherwise public workshop kind of deal, since I don't recall much else about it that seemed like a school?)
There was a specific class I was taking, something like a blacksmith workshop with various metal work, cross between historical practices and art.
I remember being specifically invested in blade-smithing (big surprise :roll: ) and more specifically swords, I recall trying to master curved blades like katana and such, after having managed straight blades.
I knew someone either as a direct result of that interest or that we already knew each other but became friends as a result of that interest, a girl who's family practiced bushido, she herself practising kendo.
Her grandfather was a strict yet kind man, someone who I met through her as a result of our friendship and his interest in my progress as a blade-smith.

I for some reason was gathering or materials while also testing one of my blades, and for some reason I encountered a sentient bear
living in the woods where I was doing so, they were some kind of swordsman, and I would presume a yokai.
I recall being more fascinated with the sword they had rather than being afraid, and remember somehow making a wager with them.
All I can remember about the wager was that I would somehow prove something to them, and in exchange they would allow me to study their sword since it looked ancient and masterwork.
I forget how I won the wager, but I recall them being shocked and shameful about it, like I had bested them somehow.

The granddaughter and I were walking together one evening (I think after classes), a clear a night with the moon clearly visible.
As we walked and talked, I noticed something strange about the sky, the moon was still clearly visible, but on either side of it were other moons.
Cascading to the left and right of what I could tell was the normal moon, 12 in total, all with varying differences, none the same.
Odd colours, broken pieces or altogether different topography, it was equal parts beautiful and alarming, like a dream but reality (ironic).
I remember calling out to her, asking if she was also seeing this absurdity, I recall it wasn't the first time either of us had seen something inexplicable.

I suddenly felt very disoriented, like I was going to fall over if I didn't brace myself, when I finally felt okay to stand up straight again, she was just looking at me confused, then turned to continue walking.
While we walked, she took out, lit, and began to smoke a cigarette, to which I was surprised and asked "since when do you smoke?", she stopped and looked at me again with clear confusion.
It was then that I felt an uncomfortable knot forming in my stomach as my eyes widened in realization, looking around I started to notice things that seemed off somehow.
The only thing that made sense at the time, was that I had somehow step into another realm or reality, possibly changing places with another me, with the way the moon had looked and now this, it seemed plausible.
I recall trying to explain the situation to her, we ended up sitting down in a diner or the like to talk, once I finished she looks equal parts confused yet unconcerned, as if it didn't somehow effect her.

As we got up and left, I was stopped by a barrier of light between two metallic posts near the entrance/exit, claiming we hadn't paid our bill, with my "friend" continuing to walk away, leaving me with it.
I remember getting the feeling that this world's society was a lot more utilitarian, with severe enforcement of laws on top of what felt like ridiculous laws, like a montage I can't recall but remember the context of?
I eventually ran into the grandfather, or at least this world's version of him, he was much more jaded and far less passionate, I learned that he had given up on bushido, since his was the last
generation that seemed to give a damn about upholding the tradition and teachings, that his only child and grandchild showed no interest, was still a sharp old man though.
I ended up confiding in him, regarding my situation, and that it wasn't impossible to regain interest in the sport, he seemed either touched by empathy or inspired by the tale of my world and how it was still cared about there.

That's around when I woke up.

Rubymess
Traveler

#2008 Post by Rubymess »

I seam to be having this strange dream where people are double posting in this thread.
* still seam to having said strange nightmare.