Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33901 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:09 pm
Tornir wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:55 pm Congratulations. :)
What state was the idiots car in after they did that?
Oh, that's the kicker. It was an employee, driving a customer's car. I haven't seen the car, but I do know they traded in. MINUTES before the hit.
Ah, so it was someone driving a vehicle they'd never driven before. Unfamiliarity rather than carelessness then?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33902 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:58 am
Bellhead wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:09 pm
Tornir wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:55 pm Congratulations. :)
What state was the idiots car in after they did that?
Oh, that's the kicker. It was an employee, driving a customer's car. I haven't seen the car, but I do know they traded in. MINUTES before the hit.
Ah, so it was someone driving a vehicle they'd never driven before. Unfamiliarity rather than carelessness then?
Nope. Dealership, 3 year old car, popular model. Blame exhaustion and Sales.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33903 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So today, or yesterday depending how you count, it is complicated It is Mexico Indepence Day. So I made pozole and ate it with mom. Was nice!

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
¡Viva México!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33904 Post by Bellhead »

HE'S GONE!!!

So, the one single person that I hate most in this world, who (unfortunately) had more seniority than me where I work, QUIT LAST NIGHT WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE HE WORKED WITH! He's gone for good!

Sodas for the whole shop, on me! Nevermind this grin on my face that looks like I just smoked something, I couldn't be happier!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#33905 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:11 pm HE'S GONE!!!

So, the one single person that I hate most in this world, who (unfortunately) had more seniority than me where I work, QUIT LAST NIGHT WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE HE WORKED WITH! He's gone for good!

Sodas for the whole shop, on me! Nevermind this grin on my face that looks like I just smoked something, I couldn't be happier!
So how much did you pay Zen & Nat? :wink:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33906 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 pm
Bellhead wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:11 pm HE'S GONE!!!

So how much did you pay Zen & Nat? :wink:
Didn't have to. They owed me a small favor. 8)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33907 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So got a promotion this past week at my job.

I am still do not like it very much. But it feels nice getting a promotion :)
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#33908 Post by Neutral Smith »

I don't have to drive to France to do some work.

Now I have to fly to Rome to do my work.

Darn ship not staying in the same location. Now I have to cruise the Mediterranean Sea.
(not going to see a lot of it, my place is the engine room for maintenance work)
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33909 Post by Bellhead »

Found this gem, after losing it several years ago. Warning, you may laugh yourself silly.
Spoiler! LANGUAGE!
For quite some time now, many of us wondered, who is Jack [censored]? We find ourselves at a loss when someone says, "You don't know Jack [censored]". Well, thanks to my efforts you can now respond in an intellectual way. Jack [censored] is the only son of Awe [censored] and O [censored]. They are the owners of Knee, Deep 'n' [censored], Inc. At the age of 19, Jack [censored] married his high school sweetheart, Noe Duh, and she became Noe [censored]. They in turn had 6 children: Holi [censored], Giva [censored], Fulla [censored], Bull [censored], and the twins Deep [censored] And Dip [censored]. Deep [censored] married a girl named Dumb [censored] and she became Dumb [censored] [censored]. She was a high School dropout. After 25 years of marriage, Jack [censored] and Noe [censored] got a divorce. Noe remarried to a man named Ted Sherlock, and became Noe [censored] Sherlock. Meanwhile, Dip [censored] Married a girl named Lotsa Fun, and she became Lotsa [censored]. They had a child with a rather nervous disposition, named Chicken [censored]. Fulla [censored] and Giva [censored] Married the Happens brothers, and the newspaper announced that everyone was invited to the [censored]-Happens double wedding. Bull [censored] traveled around the world and returned home with an Italian bride named Pisa Crap, now known as Pisa [censored]. So now you know.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33910 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Since moderation suggest keeping all holiday merriment in this thread:

Merry Christmas and Happy New year everyone! 🎄
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#33911 Post by Neutral Smith »

Neutral Smith wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:15 pm I don't have to drive to France to do some work.

Now I have to fly to Rome to do my work.

Darn ship not staying in the same location. Now I have to cruise the Mediterranean Sea.
(not going to see a lot of it, my place is the engine room for maintenance work)
Problem with ships is that they have a tendency to move around. And the work is not within a month from now.

They made a little mistake at work, it's a much bigger job, for more people (or one person much longer), and now they say it's going to be Bremen (Germany)
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33912 Post by Warrl »

If things go wrong in a really weird way, maybe you'll end up going to Switzerland.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33913 Post by Bellhead »

Once in a while, I have one of those days at work, where I'm just really glad that I work where I do, with who I work with. Today was one of those days.

Let's see... The building used to have a paging system using several megaphones throughout the building, but a while back, some bigwig decided that was "unprofessional", and demanded their removal from use. Today marked the day we successfully revived it, solely for shop use, by wiring all dozen or so, in parallel, to a single speaker output on a home stereo receiver, for the purposes of connecting a microphone for shop-wide alerts. And it worked. Further on that note, I work in a shop where I can dangle from I-beams 15 feet in the air while holding wire cutters, and the only word of caution I get is, "If you fall, I didn't see you up there", and "just don't make it worse". And then, just because we could, we jammed some wire in the back of the receiver and listened to radio over the PA system for pretty much the whole day. It was great.

We also use an ATV from the 80s to push and pull cars that don't run, plow small areas of snow, shuttle materials around the lot, and spread salt, and we don't get so much as a word of caution since it works so well.

Couple that with the fact that I can watch anime with surround sound while napping in my hammock during work hours, AND complain about working, and nobody bats an eye.

Just one of those days, where everything is right with the world. :)

And people ask me if I want to work somewhere else. :mrgrin:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#33914 Post by tony1695 »

A video in which Markiplier finds out a few things about himself
Smash or Pass: All 898 Pokémon
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33915 Post by Bellhead »

First forum post on the new OS install. Windows 10 Ameliorated, complete with the extracurricular level of requisite [censored] that is inherent in every piece of hardware I've ever had. Because apparently you need to disable virtual machine support in the BIOS settings to install from a harddrive with the install files mounted to it... Because THAT makes any sense at all.

But it works, and by the GODS is it faster than anything I've ever had. With the sole exception being my offline Windows XP machine I have at work, because let's face it: A clean XP install with no antivirus and no internet runs at lightning speed. :P