Lordadmiral Drake
Master

Re: Comic for June 2, 2023: King's Downfall

#31 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Was once a Prince, wanted to be King
Flew too high with newfound wing
Fell from grace, maimed and broken
Now less than he was, he has woken
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#32 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:29 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:46 am
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:41 am Clovis is now a powerless, lobotomized, confuzzled for life no magic dragonling who won't last long in the wild unless someone with some scruples adopts and makes him their pet.
Perhaps... Seraphina? :wink:

We know she escaped from prison, but we don't know what happened afterward...
Doesn't Seraphina primarily like dragons for their power? Not sure she'd have much respect for a mindless, powerless lizard.

I'd like to second whoever suggested Brutus (EDIT: both Zaigan and Tornir suggested Brutus). He'd be too dense to realize it's his former boss and the comedic irony would be through the roof.
Either Brutus or Mrs Nibbly would be good for Clovis the little dragonling. Maybe this time he'll become better.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#33 Post by whiskeyfur »

"Now finish this sentence Clovis. 'Those who live by the sword...'"

Wark!

"... close enough."

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#34 Post by Tornir »

Clovis is giving a whole new spin to The Wark of Shame. :P

Strongfang
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#35 Post by Strongfang »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:48 am
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:41 am Clovis is now a powerless, lobotomized, confuzzled for life no magic dragonling who won't last long in the wild unless someone with some scruples adopts and makes him their pet.

Doesn't Seraphina primarily like dragons for their power? Not sure she'd have much respect for a mindless, powerless lizard.

I'd like to second whoever suggested Brutus (EDIT: both Zaigan and Tornir suggested Brutus). He'd be too dense to realize it's his former boss and the comedic irony would be through the roof.
Either Brutus or Mrs Nibbly would be good for Clovis the little dragonling. Maybe this time he'll become better.
Personally I don't want Brutus to be the one to look after him considering what Clovis had tried to do to him. That said I can totally see why people would want that, I mean Brutus is so dense, that he wouldn't even notice it's his former boss/best friend, heck he might even try to eat him, just cause he's hungry. Now Seraphina, that I can totally agree with, cause that would be hell for him.

When it comes to Clovis's fate we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I've just been going off of what was told to us in stream, and what was already revealed to us in the story, as well as what was eluded to us in the story. Then making logical assumptions based on all the information that we have.

When it comes to Brahns plan for Clovis, we don't actually the full details of what he foresaw, but he clearly wasn't planning on Clovis sticking around nor being left to his own devices with Reni's magic at his beck and call, which is likely the dangerous game that Euchre was referring too. When considering he was talking about his him meet his end, alongside all his henchmen, plus him taking the amulet back, likely mean he's covering his tracks, once everything went the way he foresaw, though Brutus is still alive, so that's likely going to come back to bite him, cause he's aware of his involvement.

All that aside, let's be honest here, with everything that happened this chapter, there's no way Natani, Reni and especially Brahn would even think of allowing someone like Clovis to potentially have the kind of power that he momentary obtained, and leave him to his own devices, especially with his back stabbing tendencies. He's an egotistical control freak, the worst kind of person to have power. It's because of that very reason several are of the opinion, that Clovis's transformation is only a front, and not the genuine article, he doesn't have the power that dragon have, considering he needed to cheat and steal someone else's power to obtain it, nor will he ever get it, and his form isn't because he was turned into a young dragon, but because he's literally shrunk in size, as a direct consequence of his actions, which also means he doesn't have the natural benefits of a dragon too. Which makes perfect sense, because him turning into a young dragon, doesn't remove him as a threat, he'd literally just have to grow up, and then history would repeat itself, and that would be that, they'd all be screwed. That's not even mentioning what Reni had done to his mind.

In summary, although Clovis isn't dead, I do genuinely believe that this is the end of Clovis, as in, this is his life now, he's permanently forever stuck in that small pathetic form, he'll never gain the power that he tried to take for himself, his mind is forever damaged because of Reni unleashing her wrath upon him, he has no friends, he can't go back to his guild, and because he doesn't have the natural benefits of a dragon, no telepathy either, meaning he can't even communicate with anyone either. He got too greedy, and paid the ultimate price for it. He's fallen from grace hard, and everything he did amounted to nothing. I fitting fate for him. Karma rained down on him like a ton of bricks, and kept him buried, he never stood a chance.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#36 Post by Eclipse »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:48 am

Ehh, Mrs. Nibbly is pretending to be a wild squirrel, it would be too suspicious if she started caring for Clovis.

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

#37 Post by rwstyles »

They did something kind of similar in Harry Potter. Riddle's soul was so small by the time he perma died that he was an infant.