Wandering and searching

Come on in and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Arctic Green
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

Wandering and searching

#1 Post by Arctic Green »

Hi everybody.

I... I'm a bit of a mental mess trying to sort out how to introduce myself without bogging people with my life's story. It's been a complicated year for me, and it's only April. Reminds me of that meme of someone getting in trouble for the third time this week... and it's Monday.

Anyway. I left a previous forum because I felt I was being bullied by a moderator there. There were other moderators and they did not treat me like that one did. So, I left, I'd been following with that forum for nearly 18 years and, in January, I left. This forum had been my primary social interaction place so... yeah, it kinda left a bit of a hole in my life. I tried going to the Cross Time Cafe forum, and I'm still there, but it's a bit like going from steak down to baby-food. It's nice and all but... I didn't see any forums or threads that would be appropriate to discuss or even just ask some... hard topics. I mean, this place actually has a "rant thread", CTC... does not, or at least, I couldn't find one.

I discovered twokinds YEARS ago and kinda like the art, though it gets a little too pervy for me sometimes, no accounting for taste and at least it DOES draw a line, so I guess it doesn't go too far.

I am also a fan of Mark's Youtube work, I was ridiculously ecstatic to learn Mark and Tom were brothers. Before anybody asks, I discovered twokinds first.

I am a TF2 fan and have been playing since last July when we FINALLY got a limitless data connection hooked up. If anybody else plays... I made a few rules for playing my main, whenever I'm bored I'll often type them in... usually while waiting to respawn.

Spoiler!
First rule of playing pyro... Everything burns.
Second rule of playing pyro... Burn everything.
Third rule of playing pyro... Roasted spy is tasty.
Fourth rule of playing pyro... seared sniper is very nutritious
Fifth rule of playing pyro... it can always be more "on fire"
Sixth rule of playing pyro... There is no such thing as WM1
Seventh rule of playing pyro... You will die, take them with you
Eighth rule of playing pyro... if they're burning, then they're already dead, they just don't know it yet
Ninth rule of playing pyro... Flesh is just another form of "firewood".
I intend to take my recordings of playing TF2 and make a series of videos with them, nothing special, but at least enough to get me up on Youtube's algorithm so that, when the show REALLY gets started, I won't be struggling for views.

I am also currently trying to make my own TTRPG, I'm trying to keep it simple, but it's still fairly complicated.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Wandering and searching

#2 Post by Bellhead »

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, and I hope you can feel more open here. We do have a rant thread, and if you need to, feel free to just scream at the world. It helps more than you'd think.

Sadly, we're not quite as active as we once were, but if you have questions, comments, or just plain reactions, feel free to voice them. So long as you follow the forum rules, you'll fit right in.

And don't worry too much. This is my only online interaction, too. :roll: :wink: Place has always been pretty accepting of dissenting opinions and intellectual discussion on them, and I find it quite refreshing given what else goes in in this world...

Oh, and before I forget--
Enjoy your stay, and don't drink the water~!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Arctic Green
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

Re: Wandering and searching

#3 Post by Arctic Green »

Also, and I am sorry I didn't mention this sooner, I remembered on the CTC forums to mention it first.

I was in the process of changing my name since almost a year ago (the rift with the forum was in January, for context), and when the rift with the old forum happened... well, since I'd been there so long, I was still using the old name. At the old forum I was known as arcict.

That's not a typo, it IS an anagram, kinda, long story, but no, it's not a typo, even the lack of capitalization is kinda not a typo either.

Just thought I'd mention it.