The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse
Templar Master

Re: Comic for February 15, 2023: Draconic Confidence

#16 Post by Eclipse »

Dreamfox wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:42 am
BadFoMo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:14 pm
Clovis wrote:...Or humiliate me again...
Did he just think that out loud?
No, he thought this one by himself. We have seen the same from Reni before, thoughts she kept to herself.

Another possibility occurred to me. Isn't there a Dragon worshipper on the loose right now?
Maybe Clovis gets another follower.
I don't think so. Sara loves Dragons, but she especially loves Reni and she wouldn't be terribly happy to find out some Keidran stole her power. She'd be more likely to fight against Clovis and try to free Reni than worship Clovis.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#17 Post by DragnMastralex »

a reckinin's a commin. Brutus is waking up and we gonna see some fur... er scales fly.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#18 Post by Him »

Clovis leaving was predictable- from a narrative flow at least. I wasn't expecting him to not be petty, however, and just leaving of his own volition like that.

The whisper that both Clovis and Reni have done, but Nora hasn't, is probably attributed to them being "young" dragons who aren't completely in control of themselves. The whisper is likely attributed to strong thoughts that aren't intended to be shared but too powerful to completely restrained.

Brutus x Clovis could be nice :heart: Though he's unstable and dangerous so I can't imagine him being spared if when he's defeated. So it's unlikely unless Clovis can barely escape. I will hold onto my hope.

Kyrit
Templar

#19 Post by Kyrit »

Given that Clovis is ready to walk out, this is likely where we might get help from the merc trio. Means they won't have to risk being transformed in order to give their aid.

And seeing that Brutus is alive we might see him used as a hostage, testing just how much it "doesn't matter anymore." Or a sneak attack on him while he's distracted by the fact Brutus woke up.
Him wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm Clovis leaving was predictable- from a narrative flow at least. I wasn't expecting him to not be petty, however, and just leaving of his own volition like that.

The whisper that both Clovis and Reni have done, but Nora hasn't, is probably attributed to them being "young" dragons who aren't completely in control of themselves. The whisper is likely attributed to strong thoughts that aren't intended to be shared but too powerful to completely restrained.

Brutus x Clovis could be nice :heart: Though he's unstable and dangerous so I can't imagine him being spared if when he's defeated. So it's unlikely unless Clovis can barely escape. I will hold onto my hope.
According to the transcript, he has those thoughts properly hidden
Clovis: (thoughts) I'm just going to go now. With the power of this new form, no one will be able to challenge me anymore.

Clovis: (hidden thoughts) ...or humiliate me
If his thoughts had come through instead of being properly hidden they would have just shown up in normal text like Reni's here. In Reni's case it is very likely that she forgets to shield thoughts intended only for herself due to how young she is, but we've yet to see Clovis make that mistake just yet.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by AmigaDragon »

Eclipse wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Dreamfox wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:42 am Another possibility occurred to me. Isn't there a Dragon worshipper on the loose right now?
Maybe Clovis gets another follower.
I don't think so. Sara loves Dragons, but she especially loves Reni and she wouldn't be terribly happy to find out some Keidran stole her power. She'd be more likely to fight against Clovis and try to free Reni than worship Clovis.
You think Clovis would accept a "weak, worthless woman" as a follower?
Kyrit wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:49 pm And seeing that Brutus is alive we might see him used as a hostage, testing just how much it "doesn't matter anymore." Or a sneak attack on him while he's distracted by the fact Brutus woke up.
Nobody knows yet that Brutus is waking up. And with the (magic?) poison Clovis used, it may still take a while for him to get up and make his way outside or upstairs.
Thomas Rot wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:16 pm Brutus is facing out directly onto level ground now; earlier the seer's cat was looking from high up into a dungeon sunk some distance into the floor. Some explosion that crystal caused.
The cat was likely looking from an adjacent or opposite wall, up the hill. Grass outside the hole shows not much dirt was moved by the blast.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen