What would you add to Twokinds?

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: What would you add to Twokinds?

#16 Post by Hulk10 »

I feel like elves, dwarves, trolls, and ogres could be of big help in keeping humans at bay and thus protecting Keidran lands like a Taiga Forest.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#17 Post by Neutral Smith »

If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#18 Post by Hulk10 »

This is about adding things that aren't part of the comic. But the suggestive stuff is fun.

But for me other magical creatures like dwarves, trolls, ogres, elves, goblins and such like would be more fun as well as Keidran having longer lives and using magic without mana crystals.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#19 Post by Bellhead »

While I could see how longer keidran lives and non-crystal magic use would be neat, it would definitely detract from the overall storyline, and change a LOT of how the story works. That, and having the typical fantasy races would definitely change the feel of this world, and as it stands, it's pretty unique...

Though, I do think there could be some legendary item somewhere crafted by someone in Trace's current position, that would allow keidran to use magic without crystals. If it's an extremely limited number, I think those cases could make things interesting.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#20 Post by Hulk10 »

Interesting idea. I still like the idea of more mythical species and longer keidran lives and non crystal magic.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#21 Post by Eclipse »

Jonesy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:40 am A West Basitin member of the cast might be interesting, especially to contrast with Keith.
Give it time and we'll probably have one. I suspect the next time we check in on Carver and his Western Basitin harem acquaintances we'll probably get to know the Western Basitins a little better.

Also remember that Keith is a hybrid, not fully Eastern. They wouldn't entirely contrast with him.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:04 am Also remember that Keith is a hybrid, not fully Eastern. They wouldn't entirely contrast with him.
True, genetically speaking. However, he was raised as, and grew up as, Eastern. His entire childhood life was culturally Eastern. To have someone who was raised Eastern stand beside him would stilll contrast pretty hard. From what we've seen in sketches and in canon, Western basitin are a lot less strict with a lot of things. They might not contrast as much with Keith as with Maddie and Lynn, but the differences would be apparent nonetheless.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#23 Post by Eclipse »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:11 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:04 am Also remember that Keith is a hybrid, not fully Eastern. They wouldn't entirely contrast with him.
True, genetically speaking. However, he was raised as, and grew up as, Eastern. His entire childhood life was culturally Eastern. To have someone who was raised Eastern stand beside him would stilll contrast pretty hard. From what we've seen in sketches and in canon, Western basitin are a lot less strict with a lot of things. They might not contrast as much with Keith as with Maddie and Lynn, but the differences would be apparent nonetheless.
I guess, Keith does seem to look and act Eastern except with the ability to disobey orders. Also, Maddie would contrast about as well as Keith since she seems to disobey orders as much if not more so. I suspect she's a hybrid too for that reason. I'd definitely still like to see a Western Basitin cast member to see just how different they are from the Eastern Basitins, but the Eastern Basitin cast members we have right now aren't good representatives of how different the two would be.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:46 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:11 pm
I guess, Keith does seem to look and act Eastern except with the ability to disobey orders. Also, Maddie would contrast about as well as Keith since she seems to disobey orders as much if not more so. I suspect she's a hybrid too for that reason. I'd definitely still like to see a Western Basitin cast member to see just how different they are from the Eastern Basitins, but the Eastern Basitin cast members we have right now aren't good representatives of how different the two would be.
I know we're getting slightly off-topic, but I'd wager Maddie is full-blood Eastern. She is the king's daughter, after all. That said, Adelaide is more independent than most, because of her position, so it stands to reason that Maddie would pick up on that from her. Couple that with her infiltration training, and it's pretty clear that one in particular would be a special case. That said, remember this? Compare their garb and amount of exposed fur to what we saw in the Eastern basitin city, as well as Alabaster's word choice, harlot. It seems one of, if not the main difference in culture lies in their discipline in that regard.

Kieth, having lived his adult life among keidran and humans, has adapted to a less strict way of life, and is thus simply annoyed by such.. promiscuity. Maddie has her background, which most certainly included skills to adapt and accept foreign trains of thought, and Lynn, well.. he's just different. We still don't know much about what it really means to be Messenger. Also take into account that Keith is still quite set in his understanding of what it means to be a Basitin. Also, though not canon, this. I think seeing a full-blooded Western Basitin might show Keith, as well as anyone who was on the Island with him back then, that simply being a basitin doesn't necessarily dictate how you're supposed to live your life. To be fair, though, that's a problem solely for the Basitin Trio, but mostly Keith and maybe Nat, and not a big problem at that,

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#25 Post by Hulk10 »

I also like the idea of different kinds of magic. The magic that humans and Keidran use, and to some extent Basitins use. The magic that most mythical creatures use, the magic that dragons use and god magic, the kind of magic that the Masks and other deities use.