Dreams

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Dreams

#1996 Post by Bellhead »

I might end up writing a short story with this theme... It felt pretty interesting.

I don't remember exactly how it started, but I remember being in the back seat of a car, with a friend with magic capabilities to my right, my sister in the passenger seat, and a young girl driving. She must have been like 4 or 5, and she could barely see over the steering wheel, but we were moving, and she was taking corners and running roadblocks like a true getaway driver. And despite all that was happening, and how many people were after us, none of us were worried.

She ducked into some unassuming parking lot with a run-down looking building that I recognized as a friend's auto shop, parked in the back, and we all got out. I got a look at the car, and my mind said it was a Kia, but it was a boxy sedan like from the late 80's early 90's. A true sleeper. We went inside to find my friend and found him working with a group of people I didn't really trust, but he immediately came over to meet us. He smiled, seeing my sister carrying our driver, who smiled a warm childish smile. He congratulated her on a job well done, and they talked for a little while while I looked around. When I wandered back a few moments later, I heard him tell the girl, "Any time you want to see me, you just walk right up to me and say, 'let's have a smoke'." I got angry, but he followed it with, "Of course, we won't actually smoke anything, but I'd love to talk with you whenever."

He turned to the rest of us just standing around, and smiled. "Feel free to stop by whenever. Door's always open." We said our goodbyes and went toward the car, and my magic-capable friend found a giant lightly purple leaf on the ground, picked it up, and jogged to catch up with us. He got in his seat while my sister got in the passenger seat. I helped our driver get seated, with the steering wheel, seat and pedals as close together as they could get. We started joking about how we wouldn't get much room to maneuver with all the people after us, but with her driving, we only needed a few inches on each side. We all chuckled.

As I was getting in, one of the shop's workers was walking toward me with a less-than-friendly smile, and said "Kneel," as in, 'kneel before your superior'. I had no reason to, so I got in the car before he got close. My friend beside me handed me the leaf as we left the parking lot, and began racing through the streets again, this time through wooded back roads on the other side of the parking lot. The leaf was at least two feet long end-to-end, and looked mostly white and streaked with purple. I looked it over and asked him if we could use it to fix the thing (don't remember what, but it was important), and he said he probably could, and I instinctively wrapped it around myself like a blanket. Thinking back to the guy in the parking lot, I heard a voice say "He never changes, does he?" and I replied, "No, he never does."

Even with the bumpiness of the ride, I fell asleep pretty easily in a matter of seconds, wrapped up in the magical giant purple leaf.

This dream reminded me of another I had a long time ago, like how I knew the young girl was a phenomenal driver, but I don't know how I knew that. Like a dream I had before, and forgot when I woke up.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Favorite Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Dreams

#1997 Post by Bellhead »

I don't remember too much about this one, but I dreamed I had time traveled back to somewhere around 1985.

I remember trying to be cautious, to not draw attention to myself, but I ended up getting pulled over by a cop. I was a bit hesitant, and told this female officer that if I showed her my ID, she'd be even more confused. I ended up showing her a dollar bill from my wallet, with the year 2018 printed on it. She just looked at me, confused, and I showed her my driver's license, with the birth date in '95, expiration well after 2020, and she pointed at the date, looked at me pale, and took a couple steps back, then tried to claim it was fake. It was right about then that I questioned if I had really time traveled, or if I was dreaming. I decided that if I really did travel back, I had to make the most of it, and try to fix the future, though I still kinda figured it was a dream.

I pointed out the holograms, and the star in the corner. Side note, for those who don't have to deal with this crap, the US has begun a transition to a so-called "Real ID" over a driver's license, for getting into government buildings, getting on a domestic flight, etc. The only difference is a gold circle with a white star in it on the top right, and it takes a CRAPLOAD of paperwork to get one, need an appointment, all that bureaucratic stuff. And I have one, and I started rattling off all the stuff I had to bring to the RMV to get it, then I stopped myself.

I told her that things had begun changing since the Trump presidency, and things were falling apart. I think my exact quote was, "Yeah, that happened. 30 years from now, he'll run, lose the popular vote but win the electoral-" Then she turned away for some kind of meeting, so I whispered something about rhetoric, and using sexism, racism and class warfare to take over, and all but quietly begged her to make sure something was done about it. I could see the fear on her face, and knew she believed me, so I excused myself, and headed for the door. I made a mental note to check the internet when I got back to my own time, to see if anything changed. Woke up before I reached the door, and for a brief moment, contemplated checking.. But nothing changed. Oh well.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.