Moderator: Moderators

mongoosemazanec
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

What would you add to Twokinds?

#1 Post by mongoosemazanec »

As for me, a mongoose Keidran, of course :wink:
How about you?
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: What would you add to Twokinds?

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

mongoosemazanec wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:27 am As for me, a mongoose Keidran, of course :wink:
How about you?
I'm gonna assume you're new to the fandom. The tenth anniversary special chapter established that only canid and felid creatures can have Keidran counterparts.

As for me, and likely a number of fans, I'd like to see the sketch character Willow appearing in comic.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

mongoosemazanec
Traveler

#3 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Yes.
I am half-way through the archive.
BTW, why is it called "Twokinds"? Why not "Fourkinds" (Human, Keidran, Basitin and dragon)?
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

mongoosemazanec wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:11 am Yes.
I am half-way through the archive.
BTW, why is it called "Twokinds"? Why not "Fourkinds" (Human, Keidran, Basitin and dragon)?
Ah, I can answer this one. Originally, way back when Tom first started the comic and switched Flora from Housecat to Tiger Keidran, there were supposed to be two main species: Human, and Keidran. Kieth was originally supposed to be one of the last of his kind, and that was going to be a pretty major plot line. That idea was later scrapped, though. Obviously.

But I agree, I'd love to see a Willow appear in-comic, although I think I'd rather see a panther, with jet-black fur, or maybe an African Wild Dog. Intricate fur patterns are awesome.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#5 Post by IHeartMaeve »

It may also have to do with the scrapped version known as "The HalfKind," as the main character of that version was secretly a hybrid of the TWO KINDS of people in their world, something Tom seems to have adapted into Trace and Flora's kid.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Dadrobit »

The good news is that while Willow may not make a canon appearance in comic, Tom is 100% working on her side comic origin story. It includes so far at least: Adria's sister Amelia, Windstraw the cat clan bar assistant, Willow, Willow's dead friend Maya the lioness, and Willow's fallen dragon Mother.

mongoosemazanec
Traveler

#7 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Wow. What a family affair.
What would a character whose grandparents were a human, a Basitin, a Keidran and a dragon look like? :)

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

I'd add Keidran using magic without crystals and them having longer lives. And other mythical species like dwarves, elves, and such like.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

mongoosemazanec wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:11 am BTW, why is it called "Twokinds"? Why not "Fourkinds" (Human, Keidran, Basitin and dragon)?
For that matter, at least in our world foxes, canines (wolves/dogs), felinae (generally-small cats, the cougar being the exception), and panthera (generally-large cats, leopards being the smallest) are genetically incompatible groups and thus separate kinds.

(Also there are several genetically-incompatible subgroups of foxes, and I'm not sure where snow leopards fit in as they are sort of an in-between species.)

mongoosemazanec
Traveler

#10 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Different genera would probably be non-interfertile.
BTW, speaking of snow leopards, when I first saw Adira I had to google her name and 'twokinds' to find out what she was!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#11 Post by Hulk10 »

mongoosemazanec wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:35 pm Different genera would probably be non-interfertile.
BTW, speaking of snow leopards, when I first saw Adira I had to google her name and 'twokinds' to find out what she was!
Indeed.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

mongoosemazanec
Traveler

#12 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Coincidentally, I started reading other webcomics with my favorite TV Tropes and came across another lady snow leopard!
https://lancercomic.com/comic/chapter-2-page-39/

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Jonesy »

A West Basitin member of the cast might be interesting, especially to contrast with Keith.

A Keidran Underground Railroad would be a good basis for some stories, too. Maybe as a sidestory or a fanfic.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Hulk10 »

The biggest question would be how human should elves and dwarves be? Goblins would certainly be fun to have in this world.

Rafe
Council Member

#15 Post by Rafe »

mongoosemazanec wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:14 am Coincidentally, I started reading other webcomics with my favorite TV Tropes and came across another lady snow leopard!
https://lancercomic.com/comic/chapter-2-page-39/
Comics with lady snow leopards are around. My favorite is Pirta, from "The Whiteboard":

One of my favorite comics. Knowing something about paintball, Monty Python, and Alaska helps.