Comic for August 27, 2022: Little Trouble

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MaverickMopete
Citizen

Re: Comic for August 27, 2022: Little Trouble

#16 Post by MaverickMopete »

SilentYay wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:15 am Ok, I'm sure this goes without saying, but even sad and scared, Maeve is absolutely adorable!
Then why did you say it? :P

But seriously, though. It's impossible for Maeve to not be adorable.

targetdrone
Traveler

#17 Post by targetdrone »

gah.... those eyes... that look is weapons grade charm.
Insert signature here

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#18 Post by Elemental Templar »

targetdrone wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:40 pm gah.... those eyes... that look is weapons grade charm.
Who want's to bet that we're going to see a flashback of Kei with a kitten Flora, in the next page or two? Honestly apart from his honor/duty as a guard captain, I can see Kei going out of his way to help her as a personal redemption for giving up on his relationship with Flora.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#19 Post by Bellhead »

Elemental Templar wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:53 pm I can see Kei going out of his way to help her as a personal redemption for giving up on his relationship with Flora.
Ooh. Good eye. Then again, Kei doesn't really seem like he... regrets letting her go, nor the way he treated her back then. Looking back at his first scenes, he seemed to regret that she left, on bad terms, as a slave, but somehow never apologized at all for how he acted toward her, or even for how he never defended her.

He does try to be impartial, I'll give him that, but moreso as Captain of the Guard than as a human. It would be nice to see him get that kind of character development, don't get me wrong, but I think he needs to do some soul searching before that would ever happen. I question whether or not he even realizes what his actions meant to her at the time.

I mean, we got entire story arcs dedicated to her recovery from that "relationship", and he didn't even apologize. Nothing more than, "I know we didn’t part on good terms".
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#20 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:38 am
Elemental Templar wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:53 pm I can see Kei going out of his way to help her as a personal redemption for giving up on his relationship with Flora.
Ooh. Good eye. Then again, Kei doesn't really seem like he... regrets letting her go, nor the way he treated her back then. Looking back at his first scenes, he seemed to regret that she left, on bad terms, as a slave, but somehow never apologized at all for how he acted toward her, or even for how he never defended her.

He does try to be impartial, I'll give him that, but moreso as Captain of the Guard than as a human. It would be nice to see him get that kind of character development, don't get me wrong, but I think he needs to do some soul searching before that would ever happen. I question whether or not he even realizes what his actions meant to her at the time.

I mean, we got entire story arcs dedicated to her recovery from that "relationship", and he didn't even apologize. Nothing more than, "I know we didn’t part on good terms".
He kinda apologized when she freed legally, which was 2 days a go in comic time. Also he seems to have been carrying Floras on his person in the small chance he ever saw her again and seemed genuinely contrite about having lost her friendship for good. Kinda assume he expected meeting her again being much better.

In general i like Kei arc, he realized he was wrong by himself, he did not needed a god to wipe his memories, not get almost killed by his future boyfriend. He simply came to the conclusion he treated her friend horrible and wanted to atone somehow even if he understand she may never want to talk to him again. He is an incompetent middle manager though...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide