Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21991 Post by Hulk10 »

shirosaki666 wrote: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:16 am
John_and_Yoko wrote:I have Asperger's Syndrome myself, and while I'm high functioning, I still have difficulty understanding how people are able to think differently from me. In particular, people whose thinking is 180 degrees away from mine--how do you understand someone like that, and therefore how do you deal with them?

But just as hard (sometimes harder) is being unable to use words to say how I'm feeling. Sometimes I think it should be obvious to others, but it isn't. Sometimes I just can't come up with the words--I understand how I'm feeling on an intuitive level, but I can't explain it in words so others can understand. And when they're TRYING to understand, I can feel the pressure being put on me and that makes it worse.

As for spammers, on another forum I'm on there's some jerk who keeps posting the same thing in one of the threads (not a bot), and it hasn't been addressed yet. I really hate that.
I have Asperger's Syndrome as well, and I understand just how you feel. When I know their trying to understand, or reach out in someway that..doesn't mold well with my thinking, I shut down. Normally I'm high functioning as well, but if I shut down, I completely shut down. I don't do anything at all for an indefinate amount of time. Pretty much just breathe and stare. Occasionally I'll have some slight physical repitionto go with it. (Finger tapping in time with a clock tick, tapping my foot every 3 seconds, curling my hair around a finger 3 times, etc)

One of the usual things to set that off is someone asking a question (usually personal) that I can't put into words to answer. So I get exactly how you feel.

I've gone to counciling for the last year, and I've been doing better but it's still tough. :(
Indeed. I too have Asperger's Syndrome and its tough to have social interaction. But I'm not totally self-centered. I think about others. And I don't appreciate it when people bad-mouth those with the Syndrome....................................
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#21992 Post by Bellhead »

Welp, it's official. One of my best friends is leaving the company. This is his last week, as a matter of fact.

True, he wasn't exactly happy with the way things were going, but he was making a decent living. But he'll be going somewhere that pays so much more than we could ever offer, and he'd have an hours-shorter commute, so I'm happy for him. I really am.

But I'm going to miss the guy. We don't really have enough people left for someone to leave, and not change the shop's atmosphere completely.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21993 Post by Warrl »

Pass him a copy of your resume?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21994 Post by Bellhead »

I'm an auto mechanic. He's going into HVAC. And he's working closer to where he lives, which is hours away from me.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21995 Post by tony1695 »

You know how some days you wake up with a feeling that something is going to go really wrong and it's gonna potentially be a massive disruption to your life?
Yeah.
Had an incident at work on some of the MHE (Manual Handling Equipment). No-one was hurt, no other people were even involved, but I've had a few prior incidents and I think I may have finally done it. So... yeah.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#21996 Post by Hulk10 »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:06 am You know how some days you wake up with a feeling that something is going to go really wrong and it's gonna potentially be a massive disruption to your life?
Yeah.
Had an incident at work on some of the MHE (Manual Handling Equipment). No-one was hurt, no other people were even involved, but I've had a few prior incidents and I think I may have finally done it. So... yeah.
I know the feeling.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21997 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Have you ever talked with some people and felt you were talking to the wall?

Jesus I have not dealt with so unreceptive people in ages... Now i know how my High school teachers feel on a daily basis.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#21998 Post by Hulk10 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:06 am Have you ever talked with some people and felt you were talking to the wall?

Jesus I have not dealt with so unreceptive people in ages... Now i know how my High school teachers feel on a daily basis.
Yes I have dealt with people like that.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#21999 Post by Kellard »

It's one of those nights when I can't trust my thoughts. It's difficult to sleep with an overbearing feeling of helplessness. I know it will pass, I've been here too many times, but it's always hard to ignore.

I don't really have anyone I feel I can tell about this. Nobody I trust enough to listen. At least not without it being an inconvenience to them. So I'm typing this post just to scream into the void. Hoping there's something in it that will hear me. Feels appropriate given how unused this thread is.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#22000 Post by Neutral Smith »

Don't let your thoughts control your life.

My father died last week, it's sad, I will miss him, at this moment I'm not sure if I'm going to do the things alone we did together, but I will try.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#22001 Post by Bellhead »

I've been there. And I still don't have a good coping mechanism. But if it makes you feel any better, that's what this thread is for, and as empty as it is in here these days, there are still those of us who would gladly take the time to listen, myself included. Sometimes, when you're feeling like that, the best thing that can happen to you is just to be able to talk about it.

Back when I was in high school, I had that mindset for a while. I was a bit of a loner, tended to be on my own most of the time.. but when some classmates asked me how I was doing, I told them I was sad and lonely. I told them how I was really doing. I just needed to talk about it. Next period, I was called to the Guidance office to discuss my depression, and I heard the two girls I talked to come in and ask if anyone had talked to me yet, because they were so worried. Ever since, I've just been too worried people would do things like that, that I never talk about that stuff with anyone anymore.

It's not a healthy response, I'll openly admit that. It's definitely better to say something. Problem is, when you feel like you're the problem, you feel a strong urge to not cause more problems, and will thus never tell anyone who would actually care. But telling people who would care, and would actually be able to help, never comes up as a thought. It's a dark place to be. Just know that you're safe here. Call for help, or just scream into the void to get it out there, but this is a good place to do it.

Rubymess
Traveler

#22002 Post by Rubymess »

I want intelectual support!!!
Life without intelectual support is hell.

Rubymess
Traveler

#22003 Post by Rubymess »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:42 am
I like that speedbird in your avatar!!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#22004 Post by Bellhead »

Rubymess wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:38 pm I want intelectual support!!!
Life without intelectual support is hell.
Rubymess wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:40 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:42 am snip
I like that speedbird in your avatar!!
It's always tough to find somebody smart enough to ask for help, especially when you're the one they go to. I'm a mechanic by trade, and some of the people who come in for service would make me quit my job in a heartbeat if I had to deal with them directly without support, if only out of pure stupidity.

My avatar was drawn by request by a forumite by the name of KiaBugBoy. He had an art thread in the drawing board, with all types of Nopes. Don't know where he spends his time now, but I do believe he still takes commissions.

Also, Welcome to the forums! Why don't you head on over to the Newbie board and introduce yourself? Oh, and for future reference, please don't double post.

Rubymess
Traveler

#22005 Post by Rubymess »

Whats even the point of introducing myself;
whats the point in anything my life always goes [censored]
no matter what.