Power Rangers: Mekkan's Mystics

Post all your stories, poems, and haiku's here!

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Power Rangers: Mekkan's Mystics

#1 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Intro: I got into Power Rangers about a year ago, and after extensive wiki-searching, I discovered Mystic Force. Then, just today, I remembered that both Mystic Force and Twokinds involve an extensive magical theme. So I figured, why not bring them together with a joint fanfic? So I did, with this story idea.

But I figured, there is no story without background. So before I start, I'll give you all some background.

Premise: The story takes place in a more modern version of the Twokinds universe, where Lyn'knoll is under attack by an army of magical creatures from all sorts of different franchises. And to stop them, five teens must band together under a magic interactive hologram of Lady Nora. Will they succeed?!

Characters
  • Sean, the Red Ranger.
    • A bit of a hothead, but with a good heart.
    • Also very knowledgeable.
  • Cass, the Pink Ranger.
    • Transgender M/F.
    • Tends to use the word "epic" in response to cool/new stuff.
  • Nina, the Blue Ranger.
    • Hopelessly new to the human world.
      • Basically a rare mermaid who can become human at will.
      • Was forbidden from making use of this by an overprotective father.
    • Always wants to try new things.
  • Clemont, the Yellow Ranger.
    • An inventor who is still kinda confused by magic.
    • About as knowledgeable as Sean, but has a habit of inadvertently blowing up his own attempts at using it.
  • Brock, the Green Ranger.
    • Great cook.
    • Also tends to be seen as the most knowledgeable of them all.
For details on their arsenal, etc, I advise you to click here. For all other questions, please PM me.

The story will begin shortly.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

Re: Power Rangers: Mekkan's Mystics

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Okay, here it is.

Chapter 1: Magical New Beginnings

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" asked Cassandra "Cass" Smith, as her best friend Sean Collins led their group through a forest.
      "I'm sure there was something important here," Sean replied. "But there's a particularly big tree on this map; maybe we can use it as a landmark if..."
      WHUMP! Before he could finish, he crashed into a large tree.
      "Found it!" he declared as a face emerged from the bark.
      "Well, that's creepy," said Brock Harrison, the group's cook.
      "Who goes there?" asked the tree face.
      "We're just a humble band of explorers," Sean replied.
      "Really?" the draconic face replied. "Well, all five of you would have to have a magical aura if you can activate me."
      "And you are?" asked Clemont Mason, the inventor of the group.
      "I am the guardian of the Root Core," the face replied. "The former base of the Mystic Rangers."
      "Mystic Rangers?" echoed Nina Flip, the group's newbie/enthusiast.
      "And you five," the guardian added, "are next to become Rangers."
      "As in Power Rangers?" Cass replied. "Meh, count me out."
      "You can't turn this down," Sean warned. "Several Power Rangers were reluctant to accept such power, but they were chosen."
      Cass pondered Sean's words, then sighed. "Very well. Let us in."
      With that, the face opened its huge mouth, revealing a staircase.
      "Let's go," Sean mused.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#3 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Insert section split here.)

"Whoa," Nina gasped. "This is so cool!"
      "Welcome," said a voice, prompting the group to look toward a translucent image of a large white dragon. "I am Nora. Well, I am a spirit of her. I will serve as your mentor."
      "Okay," Cass muttered. "So how do we become Rangers?"
      "With these," the spirit replied, gesturing to a set of cell phones on a nearby table. "Your Mystic Morphers."
      "Old-style cell phones?" Clemont asked.
      "That's what they're supposed to look like," the being replied. "But just press the trigger on the side, and a wand tip will flip out."
      "And how do we transform?" asked Nina.
      "By typing '123' into the number pad once in wand mode, then announcing the phrase 'Magical Source, Mystic Force.' You'll know how when the time comes."
      "And what are we fighting against?" Brock asked.
      "Forgive me for answering a question with a question," the Nora spirit replied, "but are you aware that the Templar have been looking for Lyn'knoll for ages?"
      "Yeah," Sean replied.
      "Well, they're getting close to succeeding. They've figured out the relative location of the Valley, and now, if I have foreseen their arrival correctly, they're going to bombard the city with magical creatures and go from there."
      "Hmm," Clemont mused. "Well, we'll do our best."
      "Hold up a minute," Sean interjected. "Am I to assume that this is the treasure on this map? The power to become Rangers?"
      "As a matter of fact," Nora replied, "the map was enchanted to appear as nothing but parchment to unworthy people."
      "That explains a lot," Sean muttered. "Okay, next question: which of us becomes which Ranger?"
      "You," Nora began, "are a warm-hearted young man who sometimes has a fiery temper. You are the Red Ranger, with dominion over Fire."
      "Okay," Sean mused.
      "Cassandra," the dragon spirit continued. "You were born a male. Your decision indicates an ever-changing personality. You are the Pink Ranger, whose element is Wind."
      "Hmm," Cass mused. "I can work with that."
      "Nina," the entity added. "Not only are you a slightly rebellious teen, you have a water-like personality that always tries the newest things as soon as you can. You are the Blue Ranger."
      "That sounds like me, all right."
      "Clemont! You are very much like lightning. Your inventions are a bit unpredictable, but you can be helpful when you do succeed. You're the Yellow Ranger."
      "I won't let you down!" Clemont replied.
      "Last but not least," Nora said in conclusion, "Brock. You are the most dependable ally your friends can get. Just like a tree. You are the Green Ranger."
      "Great," Brock replied.
      "Now go!" Nora snapped. "I'm counting on you."
      "Right," the new Rangers replied.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Another section split.)

"So, Sean," Cass quipped. "What do you know about the rules of being a Power Ranger?"
      "There are two important ones," Sean replied. "First, keep your identity secret. And second, when fighting, keep it fair. That means no using Zords when the opponent is at normal size."
      "Okay," Nina mused, looking at her Morpher. "So what do you think of the fact that the Morphers look like such old phone models?"
      "It's not that conspicuous," Sean replied. "If nothing else, we can claim to have made a pact to not replace our phones until we absolutely need to do so."
      "That works," Clemont mused.
      "I know," Sean replied as a black streak passed through the forest ahead of them. "What was that?"
      "I don't know," Cass replied, pulling out her Morpher, "but I don't like the looks of it."
      "Hold your fire," Clemont warned. "It could just be a fox, or..."
      WHUMP! As if to finish his sentence, a large spider leaped out of the brush.
      "An Acromantula," Sean gasped. "Okay. Just back away slowly, and it should..."
      "Son," said a voice. "I wouldn't be too sure with your words."
      "Who goes there?" Brock demanded, as a figure stepped out.
      It was a man, with one gold eye and one blue eye, with blonde hair and a Templar cloak.
      "Brahn," Sean snarled. "So Nora was right. You have found us."
      "Yep," the man replied, raising an arm toward the spider. "Thermio Terrum Arachne Sapius!"
      With this, the spider began to stand up on its hind two pairs of legs, and the front pairs became arms as the creature morphed into a monster, which soon began releasing lava from its mouth as the teens ran for cover.
      "I'll leave you to deal with this thing," the Templar remarked. "Uthe Sastos!"
      With this, a mysterious runic glyph appeared on the ground below him, and a pillar of energy emerged from it, engulfing the Templar before dissipating to reveal that he'd teleported away.
      "Well," Sean announced, "Nora said we'd know when and how to use our Morphers. I think this is as good a time as any to try them."
      "Agreed," Cass replied as they gathered together and stood in front of the creature.
      "Follow my lead," Sean instructed. "It's Morphin' Time!"
      With this, the teens pulled out their Morphers, flicking them open before pressing the extension trigger. Sure enough, the upper panel popped out, and a crystal-like object extended from the end, after which the group pressed the first three buttons on the number pad in quick succession.
      "Magical Source!" they snapped, touching the tip to their vertically-oriented forearms. "Mystic Force!"
      With this, they raised their devices into the air, and a voice called out a trio of words that sounded like a spell: "Galwit Mysto Ranger!"
      At this, the tips of the Morphers shot an electricity-like burst, which turned into a rune glyph with five easy-to-recognize symbols, and an ethereal figure descended from each circle's center, engulfing its respective caster, who jumped through their respective glyphs to receive their uniforms, then landed on top of them as their helmets appeared, and they finally landed on the ground.
      "Whoa!" Cass gasped. "This is epic!"
      "Yeah, it is," Nina remarked.
      "I'll just say it right now," Sean replied bluntly. "I don't like the cape. It's too dangerous if it gets snagged on something. But it's pretty short, so I'll let it slide."
      "Well, I think it suits us," Brock noted.
      "Agreed," Clemont quipped.
      "Cut the chatter," Sean warned. "It's attacking again."
      "Shoot!" Cass gasped as the monster launched a small lava bomb at the Rangers.
      KA-BLAMMO! They fortunately managed to dodge the attack, but a tree took the brunt of the blast.
      "Dayum!" Sean gasped, reaching for the Magi Staff at his waist. "Well, two can play at that game. Staffs out, Rangers!"
      With that, the team pulled out the staff-like weapons on their belts, with Cass and Nina's weapons remaining in staff mode, Brock's becoming an axe, Clemont's turning into a crossbow, and Sean's staff morphing into a sword.
      "Sweet," Nina mused.
      "Why do you boys get your own weapon modes?"
      Sean shrugged in response. "Let's ask once we get back to base," he offered.
      "Good idea," Clemont mused.
      "Agreed," Nina replied, taking aim with her staff. "Hydro Blast!"
      With this, a high-pressure jet of water lanced out of the staff, impacting the lava spider and cooling its body and immobilizing it.
      "Not bad," Sean replied. "My turn. Power of the Phoenix!"
      With that, he lunged at the immobile monster, slashing with a blade that had been engulfed in flame.
      KABOOM! The force of the blast caused a huge explosion to engulf the creature.
      "Check," Sean huffed smugly.
      "And mate," Cass quipped.
      "Not exactly," Sean warned. "Traditionally speaking, we still have a Zord battle."
      "Correct," said a booming voice that seemed to be coming from everywhere at once.
      "Brahn," Sean gasped. "Where are you?"
      "Technically," the voice replied, "back at my headquarters. But I can still do this remotely. Reconstructum Immobilus Temporus!"
      With that, the scattered pieces of the monster flew back together, and a rune circle appeared beneath it.
      "Oh dear," Sean muttered. "Here it comes!"
      "Uthra Mejor, Rise Up!" Brahn declared, and the runes began to spread apart, with their occupant beginning to grow along with the glyph.
      "Fall back!" Sean called, and the Rangers ran away from the increasing mass as Sean opened his Morpher to call their base. "Nora, can you hear us?"
      "Yeah," Nora replied. "And I can see the action from here."
      "Well, how do we summon the Zords?" Sean demanded.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#5 Post by IHeartMaeve »

"You don't," the dragon spirit replied. "You become them by typing in the spell code '125.'"
      "Wow," Cass mused. "Never thought I would actually be a Zord when I reluctantly signed up for this."
      "Less marveling, more dialing," Sean warned, flipping the Morpher into wand mode with a press of the trigger.
      "Mystic Titan Mode!" the Rangers announced, dialing the corresponding code into their devices, at which the devices announced the phrase "Galwit Mysto Prifior!"
      Once this had been said, a glyph appeared beneath them and they were turned into armored, robotic forms before growing into giants.
      "Whoa!" Sean gasped as he finished his transformation into the knight-like Mystic Phoenix. "This is amazing!"
      "Epic!" Cass replied as she became the smaller-than-the-rest Mystic Sprite.
      "Heck yeah!" Nina cried as she finished taking the form of the Mystic Mermaid.
      "The future is now!" Clemont added as he formed the bird-like Mystic Garuda.
      "Yep," Brock said as he completed his growth into the largest Titan, the Mystic Minotaur.
      "Let's do this," Sean huffed, drawing his sword. "Nina, I can see that you've got a trident on hand. Brock, you have an axe. Let's show this giant lava spider what we've got!'
      "Right!"
      With this, the Mystic Titans charged, and the monster followed suit, slamming into the Mystic Phoenix and knocking him back.
      "Ouch," Sean mused. "That didn't work."
      "If I might make a suggestion," Nina interjected. "The ground battle ended in victory by exploitation of its elemental weakness to water. Maybe we could repeat that trick here?"
      "With what water?" Cass replied.
      "Cass is right," Sean replied. "it'd be better to..."
      "Why not use the water in the air?" Brock interrupted.
      Sean slapped himself for ignorance. "Now why didn't I consider that?!"
      "May as well try it," Nina replied, raising her trident. "Here goes nothing!"
      In response, the monster turned and lunged, knocking the Mystic Mermaid to the ground.
      "Darn," Nina mused as she suddenly found herself being tied up in a lava web. "Didn't see this coming."
      "Hey," Cass remarked. "Looking over myself in this form, I might be able to curl up into a ball."
      "Well, there's a crazy idea if ever I heard one," Sean mused, readying his sword. "Batter up!"
      With that, the Mystic Sprite curled up, assuming a ball shape before shooting toward Sean, whose sword became engulfed in fire before swinging at the sphere, which burst into flames as she hurtled toward the monster.
      BLAMMO! The resultant explosion was powerful enough to disintegrate the monster, who was ultimately reduced to oblivion by the blast.
      "Checkmate!" Sean declared.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#6 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Section break)

"Not bad for a first-time fight," Nora's spirit quipped as the Rangers got back to the Root Core.
      "You know," Cass mused, "I should admit, that was a lot more fun than I expected. Maybe being a Power Ranger isn't so bad."
      "That's the spirit," Nora quipped. "So why don't you get home for now? I'll call you when trouble arises."
      "Okay," the teens said in unison.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#7 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Chapter 2: Black Catastrophe

"Well, there you are," said Samantha, Sean's mother, as the teens returned to their normal hangout spot, which happened to be Sean's house. "Did you find any treasure worth keeping?"
      "Not really," Sean replied, pulling out his Morpher. "But we did get these old-timey cell phones."
      "Ooh," Sam replied. "Well, I was just watching the news, and it seems as though some heroic giants have just fought off a giant spider monster."
      "Wow," Cass replied in faux ignorance. "Whoever could they be, Ms. Collins?"
      "Nobody knows," Sam replied.
      "Good," Sean muttered.
      "What was that?"
      "Nothing!" Sean squeaked. "I was just saying that, if they wanted us to know who they were they probably would've said so during the fight."
      "Yeah, you're probably right," his mother admitted.
      "Well, anyway," Brock remarked, "I should get home."
      "As should I," Clemont added.
      "Yeah," Cass replied. "I'll go too."
      "Great," Sean mused, putting his arm over Nina's shoulder. "Now it's just us adoptive siblings."
      "Yep," Nina replied. "I knew going here after running away was a good idea."
      "I still can't get over the fact that you got here all the way from the ocean," Sam muttered.
      "Well, there's a hidden cave in the lake," Nina explained. "Leads straight out."
      BRING! BRING! As soon as Nina had explained this, Sean's Morpher began to ring, signaling a call.
      "Excuse me," Sean said quickly, opening the phone-like device. "Yello?"
      "Sean," said the caller, with a voice that Sean recognized as Nora's. "There's a problem. Please get over to the Root Core now."
      "Should any others of us come?" Sean asked.
      "Just Nina," Nora replied. "I'll call the others if needed."
      "Okay." With this, Sean closed the phone and looked at his mother. "We gotta go, Mom. Emergency in the forest."
      "Okay," Sam replied. "Be back soon, okay?"
      "We'll do our best," Sean replied, nodding at Nina.
      "Huh?" Nina asked, not getting the message at first. "Oh! Right, that emergency!"

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#8 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Section break.)

"So what's the problem?" Nina asked as she and her adoptive brother arrived in the main chamber.
      "There seems to be a powerful horse running amok in the most populated area of Lyn'knoll," Nora explained. "Even worse, it's not just a horse. It's Catastros."
      "Who?" Sean asked.
      "An ancient horse said to be nigh impossible to tame," Nora explained. "Only one has succeeded at this daunting endeavor, and he was a villain."
      "So what, we need to think like a villain to tame it?" Sean asked.
      "Fortunately, no," Nora replied. "But I was able to procure an ally for this task. Step outside, and they will be right there."
      "Crazy enough to be true," Nina muttered. "Let's go."
      With that, the duo ascended the staircase, witnessing a portal opening as they reached the top.
      "A portal?" Sean mused. "Wow. So we can banish the wildest horse to another dimension."
      PING! Almost in response to Sean's inference, the portal ejected a white horse with a single horn on its forehead.
      "Oh," Sean gasped. "A unicorn. That works too."
      BRING! At this, Sean's Morpher rang, and he flipped it open.
      "This isn't just a unicorn," Nora explained through the phone. "It's Brightstar, a unicorn with the power to travel between all dimensions."
      "That explains the portal," Sean muttered. "So what's the plan?"
      "You're gonna get to Catastros before the Templar do," Nora replied. "To do that, you must use his shared history with Brightstar."
      "That works," Nina replied. "But what if we fail?"
      "You won't. Just trust yourselves."
      "Okay."
      "Sean! Nina!" cried Cass's voice, as the remaining Rangers hurried up to them. "We got Nora's call and got here as soon as we could. What's going... Oh. A unicorn."
      "Yep," Sean replied. "We need to get downtown. I'll explain on the way."
      "Okay."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#9 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Break)

As the teens hurried into town, they whipped out their Morphers and dialed in the transformation code before pointing them forward.
      "Mystic Force!" they announced, creating a series of rune circles in the air, which they then ran through to gain their Power Ranger uniforms.
      "Okay," Sean said as they arrived in town. "Everyone remain calm!"
      "Who are you all?" asked a random civilian.
      "We are the Power Rangers," Nina announced. "And we are here to help!"
      "Heads up!" cried a voice, as the sound of a running horse approached.
      "It's Catastros," Sean explained, recognizing the black horse as the one they were sent to tame. "Everyone get ready!"
      With that, he drew his Magi Staff, as did the others.
      "Ready, everyone?" the Red Ranger asked.
      "Ready!" said the others.
      "Then let's do it!"
      With that, the Rangers lunged, but the horse dodged their attacks.
      "Darn," Cass muttered.
      "Yep," Sean replied. "May wanna try something different."
      "Probably best," Nina replied. "But what?"
      "I know," Brock remarked, holding out his staff. "Thorn Fence!"
      With this, the tip of the staff glowed brightly, and a series of brown plants erupted from the ground, tangling themselves up before sprouting large thorns.
      "Nice move," Sean remarked. "Now for part two. Brightstar!"
      With this, the unicorn trotted out, ready to act, when suddenly...
      BLIP! The black horse suddenly vanished.
      "What the?" Clemont asked.
      "You really need to ask?" asked a voice.
      "Brahn," Sean snarled. "I should have known. Everybody get inside. Let us handle this!"
      "Not so fast," the figure replied. "Colloportus Totalum!"
      With this, large runes appeared on every door in the square, locking everyone out of their homes and businesses.
      "Yikes," Clemont mused. "That could be a problem."
      "Only if we let him get away with it," Sean replied, adjusting his grip on his Magi Staff to switch it into Sword Mode.
      "Don't waste your energy," Brahn warned. "I'm not really here."
      "I can still stop you," Sean growled.
      "Just try it," the alleged projection replied, raising his arm toward a nearby civilian, who happened to be a young adult female White Tiger Keidran. "Cryo Felis Monstrum!"
      With this, a large amount of ice began to form around the young woman, growing out of her fur until she had been turned into an icy tiger monster, at which point Brahn's projection vanished.
      "He's trying to distract us from our mission with a new attack monster," Brock realized.
      "Okay," Sean muttered. "Nobody panic. Here's the plan. Clemont, Nina, and I will handle the monster. Cass and Brock will take Brightstar and stop Catastros."
      "Sounds good," Cass replied. "But how do we find the horse?"
      BRING! Before Sean could admit to not knowing the answer, his Morpher began to ring.
      "Excuse me," he replied, pulling it out and opening it to phone mode. "Yes?"
      "Sean," Nora began, "you don't have this as a coded spell, but if you need to track down Catastros before you can tame him, try using the incantation 'Locatum Catastros,' which will open a portal to his location."
      "Thanks for the tip," Sean replied. "I'll call back once we finish."
      "Okay," Nora replied as Sean ended the call.
      "So what's the plan?" Cass asked.
      "Stand back," Sean replied, pressing the wand activator button before pointing at the ground where the thorn vines stood. "Locatum Catastros!"
      With this, the vines vanished, replaced with a red portal on the ground.
      "Get onto the portal," Sean instructed. "It should lead straight to him."
      "Right," Brock replied. "Come on, Brightstar."
      "You'll never get there in time," the monster replied, running at the portal and jumping in herself.
      "Darn," Sean muttered. "Well, after the monster we go!"
      With that, he ran at the portal, jumping in... Only for ice to form over it and block his jump.
      "Drat!" Nina huffed. "Now what?"
      "Well," Sean replied, "I... Don't know."
      "Didn't Brahn mention a Templar headquarters earlier today?" Clemont asked in suggestion.
      "Oh, yeah," Sean replied. "But that's in Human territory. How do we get there?"
      BRING! As he asked this, his Mystic Morpher rang once more, and he opened it up to answer.
      "Try summoning your Mystic Racers," Nora suggested. "Spell code is '129'."
      "Okay," Sean replied. Then, hanging up, he looked at the others. "We need to dial in the spell code '129' to summon some sort of vehicle."
      "Okay," Cass replied as Sean deployed the wand function and typed in the code as instructed.
      "Summon Mystic Racers!" Sean announced, as the Morpher announced three words: "Galwit Mysto Aerotan!"

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#10 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Break)

"So these are Mystic Racers, huh?" Clemont mused as they flew toward the Templar fortress in Edinmire.
      "Apparently," Brock remarked, looking over the mostly-white aerial bikes with color-coded highlights.
      "Well, anyway," Sean replied, "once we land, we should revert to our civilian outfits before we attempt entry. Better disguise, you know?"
      "Sounds like a plan," Cass replied, as the fortress appeared on the horizon.
      "Better alter our vector a bit," Sean announced. "Dip down slightly."
      "Roger," the others replied, following Sean as he lowered the nose of his Racer.
      Within a few minutes, they arrived at the yard of the fortress, dismounting the Mystic Racers before walking toward the door.
      "Power down!" the Rangers announced, and their uniforms vanished in a bright, multicolored flash.
      KNOCK! KNOCK! Sean lifted and dropped the door's knocker, then stood back as the door opened.
      "Ah," said the figure who answered, a young man with long bandages around his arm. "Am I to assume that you have come to help us tame the horse that Brahn has summoned?"
      "I suppose so," Sean replied. "Lead the way, mister..."
      "Sirus," the man replied. "Master Spy of the Templar."
      "I see," Cass replied. "Well, why don't you lead the way?"
      "Gladly."
      With this, the teens were guided toward the stables, unaware that they were being led into a trap.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#11 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Break)

"So that's the one, huh?" Sean asked, eyeing the horse.
      "Yep," replied the Master Strategist, Euchre. "And we're willing to let anyone who can tame him, have him."
      "Well, thanks," Sean replied. "I'll try it first."
      BLAMMO! Before he could act on his offer, though, a great crash rang out, and the wall shattered as the magically-made monster from earlier burst in.
      "Don't let them do it," she snarled. "They're the ones Brahn was talking about!"
      "Oh crud," Sean muttered, backing off toward the others. "Well, guess there's only one thing left to say: It's Morphin' Time!"
      With that, the teens whipped out their Mystic Morphers, opening them up before pressing the triggers to open them into wand mode. Then, pressing the first three number buttons, they readied themselves for the transformation.
      "Magical Source!" they cried, raising the Morphers to the sky. "Mystic Force!"
      "Galwit Mysto Ranger!" the devices announced, projecting rune circles into the air, after which a set of ethereal figures descended over the Rangers, who then jumped through the glyphs to receive their uniforms before landing and gaining their helmets.
      "Fearsome as fire!" Sean announced. "Red Mystic Ranger!"
      "Fluid as the sea!" Nina called. "Blue Mystic Ranger!"
      "Ever-changing as the wind!" Cass added. "Pink Mystic Ranger!"
"      Fast as lightning!" Clemont called. "Yellow Mystic Ranger!"
      "Strong as a tree!" Brock finished. "Green Mystic Ranger!"
      "Power Rangers, Mystic Force!" the Rangers announced.
      "I knew you'd show up sooner or later," said a dangerously familiar voice, as Brahn stepped out ominously.
      "Brahn," Sean replied. "I knew we'd find you here."
      "And you won't get out alive," the Templar Seer replied, raising an arm. "Galwit Armoritum!"
      With this, several black suits of armor shimmered into existence, each with a short sword and a flaming blue glow.
      "What are those?" Nina asked.
      "Armorites," Brahn replied. "Our more expendable foot soldiers, which take the form of empty, enchanted armor."
      "Wow," Clemont mused. "Well, at least you know when to not dispose of actual lives."
      "Cut the chatter, Clemont," Sean warned, drawing his staff. "Let's go!"
      "Right!" called the others, following suit as they ran at the Armorites.
      CLANG! Each Ranger's Magi Staff collided with the blade of an Armorite sword, and the blades launched several sparks in response.
      "And while you're fighting them," Brahn remarked, "I think I'll send you home to the forest. Uthra Norqua Ozarro!"
      At this, a bright flash engulfed the Rangers, Armorites, and monster, before dissipating to reveal the forest near Lyn'knoll.
      "Well," Sean remarked. "At least they didn't send..."
      FWOOSH! As if to say "guess again," another bright flash occurred nearby, and who should appear from it than Catastros, an event that prompted Sean to facepalm angrily.
      "I just had to open my mouth," he muttered, kicking the Armorite away from him before adjusting his Staff into Sword Mode and slashing the foot soldier through the chestplate, at which it was reduced to metal particles.
      "Yeah," Sean huffed. "Okay. Here's the plan, Rangers. I'll go after the monster. You all finish up with the Armorites and try to deal with the horse."
      "Not so fast," Brahn's voice warned as Sean began to rush at the ice tiger monster. "Uthra Mejor, Rise Up!"
      With this, a glyph platform appeared underneath the monster, and she began growing.
      "Yeah!" the monster cried. "Now to destroy your hopes of gaining a second mount!"
      With that, she pointed a finger at Catastros, firing a beam of ice, encasing the wild horse in a glacier-like structure.
      "Bye!" the creature announced. "Off to destroy everything you hold dear!"

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#12 Post by IHeartMaeve »

"Oh crud," Sean muttered, trying to formulate a plan. "Okay, I know. Guys, are you done over there?"
      SHATTER! As he said that, the remaining Armorites met the same fate as his opponent, and the other Rangers gave a collective thumbs-up.
      "Good," Sean replied. "Then Nina, Brock and Clemont should enter Mystic Titan Mode and go after that monster. I'll join with Cass to try to free Catastros."
      "Right!" the others replied, with the Blue, Green, and Yellow Rangers pulling out their Morphers before dialing in the right spell code. "Mystic Titan Mode!"
      "Galwit Mysto Prifior!" the Morphers announced, and the growth glyphs appeared beneath the Blue, Yellow, and Green Rangers, who promptly morphed into their Titan forms before growing to the appropriate size.
      "Now for a combo," Sean muttered, as he and Cass pointed their staffs at the ice block.
      "Spell Combo!" they announced. "Thermal Squall!"
      With that, a strong wind blew from Cass's Magi Staff, and a stream of fire from Sean's, which combined to form a hot wind that quickly melted the ice.
      "Epic!" Cass gasped.
      "Yep," Sean replied, as Catastros bowed his head in submission.
      "I think it worked," Cass mused. "He's telling you to get on."
      "Gladly," Sean replied, climbing onto the horse's back as his Morpher began to ring.
      "Yeah?" he asked.
      "Sean," Nina warned. "We're struggling here. Can you and Cass power up and help us?"
      "On it," Sean replied, hanging up. "We gotta grow. The others need help."
      "I see what you did there," Cass replied as Sean readied his Morpher, following suit afterward.
      "Yep," Sean replied. "Well, let's move!"

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#13 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Break)

"What took you so long?" Nina asked as Cass and Sean arrived.
      "We had just managed to tame Catastros and wanted to get some distance just in case," Sean explained, drawing his sword. "But for now, let's take this monster down!"
      "Right!" Nina replied, deploying her trident.
      "Charge!" Sean cried, raising his sword and running at the enlarged monster.
      "So be it," the monster snarled, rearing back. "Cryo Bomb!"
      With that, she hurled forth a ball of ice, which Sean batted away with his blade.
      "Our turn," Sean replied. "Clemont! Lightning Vision!"
      "Right!" Clemont replied. "Here goes nothing!"
      BZZZT! An electrical onslaught shot from the Mystic Garuda's eyes, stunning the giant monster.
      "Nice shot," Cass remarked.
      "Yeah," Sean added. "Now to neutralize the effects of that mutation spell!"
      "How do we do that?" Nina asked.
      "Stand back," Sean replied. "Nullis Mystum, Counter Spell!"
      With that, he brought down his sword toward the monster, launching a white energy beam at her and reducing her size, as well as the icy armor, until she was simply a civilian laying unconscious on the ground.
      "Checkmate!" Sean declared.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#14 Post by IHeartMaeve »

(Break)

"Ugh... What happened?"
      "Try not to move," Sean warned. He and the others had demorphed and taken the White Tiger Keidran to a local healer, as Nora had advised them that if they had taken her to the Root Core, it would probably jeopardize their secret identities.
      "You were turned into a monster and forced to attack the town," Nina explained.
      "And you're gonna need rest if you wanna recover," Brock added.
      "I was what?" the young woman replied. "Are you sure?"
      "Yeah," Cass replied. "The Power Rangers helped return you to normal and asked us to bring you here."
      "Is that so?" the woman asked.
      "Yep," Sean replied. "So what's your name?"
      "Aria," the woman replied. "Aria of the Northern Tiger Tribes."
      "I see," Sean mused. "Well, Aria, we'll let you recover. Farewell."
      "Wait," Aria gasped as they started out the door. "Tell the Rangers I said thanks."
      "Will do," Clemont replied. "Get well soon."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#15 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Chapter 3: Stolen Refugee

"...And there you have it," said the local news reporter. "The Power Rangers, our new protectors, were the ones fighting the spider monster earlier, using powerful giant forms called the Mystic Titans!"
      "So these heroes call themselves the Power Rangers, huh?" Sean's mother quipped. "Not what I was expecting, but okay."
      "Yeah, well," Sean replied. "They did tell me and my friends to help them by getting that woman to the healer."
      "Oh, you met them?" Sam asked. "Who were they under those helmets?"
      Sean shrugged in phony ignorance. "They didn't say. And even if we asked, they probably would have refused to answer. Superheroes, you know?"
      "Oh yeah," Sam replied. "I guess you're right."
      "Excuse us," Nina said quickly, guiding Sean down the stairs. "We have something to discuss."
      "Okay."
      "What's up?" Sean asked once they had sufficient privacy.
      "I just wanted to note your consistency in terms of lies," Nina whispered.
      "Yeah, well," Sean replied. "I've had a lot of practice, seeing as... Well, long story."
      "Yeah," Nina replied. "Well, let's get some rest. We might need to get up early if a problem arises, you know?"
      "Yep," Sean replied.