The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Concerns about the outcome of the comic

#16 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:27 am
Neutral Smith wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 pm I think that 'aging difference' is going to play a role. Trace has about 60 more years to live, Flora 20 if she is very lucky.

Trace does not want to lose his love again, and become a single father, and I fear that will lead to a relapse and meddling with (dark) magic again.
It's even worse. A little seed of this plot line has been planted years ago: https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/334/ and especially https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/336/
Eric: Keidran only live to be about 20 years old. By the time you’re in your late 30’s, she’ll probably be close to the end of her life.

Trace: 20 years?! Is that all? Flora said it was short, but…

Trace: 20 years is hardly anything at all!

Eric: Well, it seems short to us.

Eric: Keidran tend to think we humans live unnaturally long.

Trace: But… there must be something I can do! Some kind of spell, or potion, or—

Eric: I’m afraid not, Trace. Many wizards have wasted their entire lives trying to find a way to work around their mortality. Magic can do many things, but even it has its limits. Some Keidran can make it to late-20’s, if they’re lucky, but…

Eric: I think you should enjoy the time you have with Flora.

Eric: There’s no point in worrying about something you can’t possibly change.

Trace: Don’t tell me what I can and can’t do.

Trace: (thoughts) I have the power to do what I want. Flora won’t die if I have anything to say about it.
I honestly believe Tom intends to use the age difference and Flora eventual death as a growth thing: After all he goes through Trace finally accepts that there are some things he cant change, it will hurt but the best he can do is enjoy his time with her and accept that life as everything has an ending.

I have mentioned it before but i believe Old Trace ceasing to exits would not be such a satisfying conclusion as Trace accepting his past and learning to live with it. Basically merging back into one person.

To be fair i am more worried about what Keith will do when Nat kicks the bucket.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Re: Concerns about the outcome of the comic

#17 Post by Hulk10 »

I'm also worried about the other species of Keidran being wiped out in the comic.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.