New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Comic for June 29, 2022: Time Limited

#1 Post by Aevere »

Elemental Templar
Merchant

Comic for June 29, 2022: Limited Time

#2 Post by Elemental Templar »

Well... at least Rose finally gets to say goodbye (;_;) (;_;) (;_;)

Link to Sketch
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for June 29, 2022: Limited Time

#3 Post by Hayate »

I have merged these since there were two…
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Aevere, nice avi.

Anyway, I really like the way Tom decided to do this resolution, and how he's having the characters... settle. Though I do have to wonder just how Maren will be "changed". I would assume it would be her soul, else her mind in some way, but I wonder what that could be...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Aevere
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by Aevere »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:52 am Aevere, nice avi.

Anyway, I really like the way Tom decided to do this resolution, and how he's having the characters... settle. Though I do have to wonder just how Maren will be "changed". I would assume it would be her soul, else her mind in some way, but I wonder what that could be...
Thank you, I colored it from the sketch. Though like Tom's version better just yet to switch to it.

I think it might just be a more cosmetic change for Maren, like the hair streak.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

I'm glad that they resolved it nicely.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#7 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Aevere wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:16 am

Thank you, I colored it from the sketch. Though like Tom's version better just yet to switch to it.

I think it might just be a more cosmetic change for Maren, like the hair streak.
That was my guess too.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#8 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Some PTSD for starters and likely sequels i imagine getting your soul almost ripped from you is going to cause long term damage, probably some light imprinting from Saria and she is definitely going to end up hating Trace and having trust issues.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#9 Post by Thomas Rot »

So, uh, Dark Trace is still kicking around in there, isn't he? Wandering in that black wasteland or whatever the mindscape was.

Chastened, sure, that's why Trace is feeling better. But very much still there. And we never did get his reaction to Saria's final words to him.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Thomas Rot wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:17 am So, uh, Dark Trace is still kicking around in there, isn't he? Wandering in that black wasteland or whatever the mindscape was.

Chastened, sure, that's why Trace is feeling better. But very much still there. And we never did get his reaction to Saria's final words to him.
Actually, we kinda did. His reaction was perceived giving up. If he had any other reaction, we would have seen it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rafe
Council Member

#11 Post by Rafe »

Elemental Templar wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:51 am Well... at least Rose finally gets to say goodbye (;_;) (;_;) (;_;)
Yes, but will Rose say goodbye to Saria, or will she say goodbye to Trace and Flora.. and her mortal life?

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#12 Post by whiskeyfur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:29 am Some PTSD for starters and likely sequels i imagine getting your soul almost ripped from you is going to cause long term damage, probably some light imprinting from Saria and she is definitely going to end up hating Trace and having trust issues.
I don't know about the definitely part. The characters seemed to have been more resilient than we've given them credit for, time and time again.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Warrl »

Yes, but will Rose say goodbye to Saria, or will she say goodbye to Trace and Flora.. and her mortal life?
Rose has an unfulfilled commitment to family. I doubt that she's going anywhere (yet).

Rafe
Council Member

#14 Post by Rafe »

It's hard to know what is left of Rose, now that the regeneration of Saria and all the magic surrounding it has collapsed. Since Sythe shattered the crystal with Maren/Saria inside, Rose (the one who has been talking to Trace) has been slowly fading. If anything is still keeping her mortal body alive and maintaining her "projection", it's probably starting to fail.

This has me wondering if (speaking of family) Euchre might intervene somehow, most probably keeping his help hidden from Rose, lest she reject it since it comes from him.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Warrl wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:01 am
Rose has an unfulfilled commitment to family. I doubt that she's going anywhere (yet).
We can either have Rose going with Saria and finally finding some rest. With the side efffect of letting all the Manor Smarthouse features offline, including defenses that may help with the dragon and fofl fighting in the foyer. Or she stays in some sort of undead tagging with Raine.

would prefer to see the former
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide